This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Record of the Year - 2013

Topic » Record of the Year - 2013

3751 days 16 hours ago
pablito
I guess we're doing this contest until Best of... series starts. I know people have been asking me when TSC is returning, so this is it (unless you want to head over and play TSCb :)

Find your Record of the Year for 2013 and be ready to submit your songs on Sunday evening when I send out mailers. Song must have charted in 2013 - TSCb songs are eligible as well. Artists will be first come, first served.
3751 days 1 hour ago
bibbles
is this any record, or only one from tsc, or can we use a song from tsc, or is that later, is that too many questions?
3750 days 10 hours ago
sarahnva
"people" as in me. ;)
3750 days 6 hours ago
Limegrass
you're favourite song of the year bibbles!! Only condition is that it has to have charted!
3750 days 6 hours ago
Limegrass
oh i see what you mean!!
3750 days 5 hours ago
pablito
Please see this thread to see how record of the year worked before. Credit to the best TSC player ever AlphaBravo for developing this contest.

I am guessing with number of entries we may  not have a semi-final at all. If we do, there will only be two semi-finals with top 8-10 in each semifinal going to the final.

http://www.tengaged.com/group/1277/forum/topic/5104490

But to clarify:

For a song to be eligible it must:*
- Must have charted Top 20 US/Top 20 UK on the singles chart
- Be 5:00 in length or shorter
- Have been released between January 1st 2013 and December 31st 2013.
- Have a Youtube video that is embed enabled.
- Be of studio-quality recording ONLY.
- Have first charted in 2013.

*All rules subject to change by the time I send out the mailer. Still fine-tuning the eligibility piece.

@bibbles, pretty much what Limegrass said. Any song that charted in 2013 and was released in 2013.
3749 days 23 hours ago
bibbles
thanks for clearing that up. just hope im online when you send out the mailer, would hate to be late!
3749 days 16 hours ago
andalarew_2231
Can i play?
3749 days 1 hour ago
pablito
You can play! Anyone can play!

Mailers being written now. If you want a mailer - PM me or post here. An advert and blog will also be created specifically for ROTY. This will be a very inclusive contest with a very convenient weekend-only schedule.
3749 days 1 hour ago
pablito
Hi all,

Record of the Year contest is coming back in 2013! All credit to the contest idea goes to the amazing and unstoppable AlphaBravo. This contest will feature CHARTED songs only! You may have already heard many of these songs, and that's what will make this contest unique. After the "Record of the Year" competition, the TSC: Best Ofs will follow during some time in February - hosted by Tolis.

Current tentative schedule:
First Live show - Saturday 18th January about 2pm EST/7pm GMT.
Finals - if required - TBD

The theme for this contest is "Record of the Year". Simple as that - we want to find out which popular song this year is tops to the ears of TSC contestants. Your song must have charted as a single in the top singles charts during 2013. It must also have been first released and charted during 2013. As there is a high likelihood of others picking the same song or artist, please send a back-up song (or two or three) if you do not think you can check your tengaged mail daily. I will update (when I can) a running list of artists already used. There will be a full week allowed for entries to be submitted.

For this special contest - Your song must:
- Have charted Top 20 US/Top 20 UK on the singles chart during 2013 (but not prior).
- Be 5:00 in length or shorter
- Have been released between January 1st 2013 and December 31st 2013.
- Have a YouTube video that is embed enabled.
- Be of studio-quality recording ONLY.
- Have first charted in 2013.

- You may use any artist, as long as no one has picked that artist for this contest already. Artists will be distributed first come, first serve.

All submissions that are received as of Saturday 18th of January by 1pm EST/6pm GMT will be eligible to play as long as they meet the above rules. The earlier you submit the song, the more likely I can check your song to ensure if it fits the rules. If you leave your submission until late, there will be a chance that your song will NOT be allowed because it does not fit the eligibility criteria and I will not have time to tell you to change it. If you're not sure if it's eligible, just send it to me and I'll tell you if it works.

During the live show, all songs will be posted. You are NOT allowed to share with anyone which video you submitted. We want the SONG to win on its own merit, not because of the person who selected it. As such, there will be some measures to ensure that there is no vote-arranging or cheating. Once videos are all posted, players are encouraged to comment on each song to demonstrate that they have listened to each song and therefore can judge each song fairly. You must submit your votes prior to deadline. I will give you several reminders to do so. No exceptions will be made. If you do not want to take on these responsibilities, please do not submit a song.

Reminder: Do not reveal which song you picked and do not discuss your votes with other contestants prior to final results being revealed. This will help ensure that songs will win on their own merits.

Thanks,
pablito
3749 days 1 hour ago
pablito
Ok, well I should make this clear since there will be many questions about this as I get more submissions.

I'm going off of the SINGLE'S release date for determining if it's a 2013 song or not. Even if it was first released on an album in 2012, it will be eligible as long as the mainstream release as a single in its top 20 charting country was originally in 2013.
3748 days 18 hours ago
pablito
3748 days 8 hours ago
Monrooster
Tom Daley? Isn't he a diver?
3748 days 8 hours ago
Limegrass
that was what I was thinking too....
3748 days 7 hours ago
AlphaBravo
The Beatles, Tom Daley and Shayne Ward had top 20 hits in 2013?!

P.S. Hi.
3748 days 6 hours ago
Insanity
So... This is basically the rules of TSCbeta? As long as the song was released in 2013?

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!