This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 7 ~ Get LOST in the Moment (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 7 ~ Get LOST in the..

2743 days 12 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 7 enter the abandoned warehouse which serves as the judging room for the season*

Millie: Hello to the 7 lovely girls standing before me, and welcome to your seventh judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10. For your shoot this week, you portrayed castaways who had been abandoned in the middle of nowhere. Before we get to critiquing your photos for this week's shoot, here are the list of prized that you are competing to win.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts.)

Millie: Now it is time to introduce our lovely panel of judges for this week. This week, she's back, and she's certainly back with a vengeance. She's a Top Model winner, and all around superstar, it's Barbara Palvin.

Barbara: I'm back girls.

Millie: I'd be scared if I was you girls.

Barbara: I agree *laughs*.

Millie: And also, we've got another Top Model alumni, television personality and model when she can, it's Lindsay Lavara.

Lindsay: Hi girls once again. I NEVER miss a week.

Barbara: Whatever girl.

Millie: Let's begin with judging then.
2743 days 11 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, so before I get to the judging I would just like to say something. If any of you are Top Model fans, you would know that the transition from the final 7 to the final 6 marks a very special point in the competition; that's right, those who survive tonight's elimination will make it to our international destination of the season, SHANGHAI, CHINA.

With the second-largest population in the world, and one of the fastest growing economy's in the world, China is taking over the fashion industry as a major hub for designers and models alike. With an incredibly rich history, and it's growing technology industry, China is a country which likes to mix tradition with the future, providing it with the ability to create some of the most unique designs ever seen, and we are giving 6 of you girls the opportunity to take part in that.

The 6 girls who survive tonight's elimination, will not only spend the remaining 5 weeks of the competition in Shanghai, but will be presented several important opportunities to launch their career in both the Asian circuit, and the global market. From this elimination on, the photo shoots, challenges and judges critiques will only be getting harder, so you better be on your 'A' game otherwise you WILL be sent home. The international destination has been the point where past contestants have either excelled to the point that they were awarded the win, or have failed so bad that they threw away their chances.

With all this being said, I wish you all the best of luck going into this and the upcoming eliminations, as you are going to need it.
2743 days 11 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: So after a very intimidating start, we will be starting judging with CHLOE.

Chloe: Oh God, how can I follow that?

Millie: *laughs* I didn't mean to scare you, but I just wanted to stress how important this stage of the competition is.

Chloe: Oh I definitely understand, I just need to impress.

Barbara: Indeed.

Millie: So you were one of the best at the challenge this week, how did that feel?

Chloe: It felt good. I've done well in most of the challenges in the competition so far, so it gave me a little confidence boost going into the shoot.

Lindsay: Well hopefully it worked for the shoot.

Chloe: I hope so too.

Millie: Let's take a look at your photo then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29902741950/in/album-72157673761662680/

Barbara:  The styling of this shot is amazing, but once you get past all of the initial "glam," there isn't much there. I can't tell if you're lost or not because there's no background, and your pose is basic. While you aren't looking at the camera, you do have a strong face though but thats about it besides the styling.

Lindsay:  Quite frankly I'm not as big of a fan like I thought I would be. We can barely see anything in the background to depict if you're actually stranded or just some random girl wearing a maid costume in the middle of God knows where. Your face is the strongest out of all the photos, yes, but the scenery and the theme you tried to follow really isn't my favourite.

Chloe: Oh no.

Millie: Well hopefully I can lift your spirits a little.

Chloe: You like it?

Millie: I actually quite like this shot. To me, I see a girl whose been washed up ashore in either a boat/plane crash and has immediately awoken in the aftermath and is trying to find her bearings. You were the girl who went really haute couture with the styling, and for me it really works and I think you were one of the only girls who managed to pull it off this week. I love how determined you look in your eyes and you really do manage to tell a story in the whole picture. However, there is just something about this photo that doesn't stand out to me, which is weird seeing how you differently you approached this photo shoot. I was thinking of all of the girls' photos the other day, and yours was the only one that I couldn't remember. It's a beautiful shot, but it does worry me that you're being forgotten, something that shouldn't be happening so far into the process.

Chloe: Oh that's not good.

Millie: Thankyou though Chloe.
2743 days 11 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next up this week, we have the wonderful NINA.

Nina: Oh God Millie, you've got me nervous now!

Millie: Aww, why?

Nina: Well now you've said that there's the chance of going abroad, I really don't want to be the girl who misses out.

Lindsay: Then don't have an awful photo.

Lindsay: *spits out drink*

Barbara: It's true though.

Nina: I guess so? I feel I did alright...

Barbara: We'll be the judge of that.

Nina: Oh of course.

Millie: With that being said, we'll take a look at your shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30164265656/in/album-72157673761662680/

Barbara: This is probably one of the more predictable/basic photos of the week. You're going to have to step it up and think more outside the box if you want to stay. While there's nothing overtly wrong with the photo, In my opinion you didn't match the theme very well this week so that is going to cost you some points at least from my side of things.

Millie: What?!

Lindsay: You can't be serious Barbara.

Barbara: Oh I am. When do I ever joke about fashion?

Millie: That is true.

Lindsay: Definitely a huge step up from last week. Your face is gorgeous and your pose is also very timid and subtle, which I think speaks for your character. The fashion is amazing, and I really can't find anything bad to say. Although I do think this is playing SAFE and you could've done a lot more with your shot, it's better than what you submitted last week and I'll leave it at that.

Millie: I love this shot Nina, and for me this is not only your best photo of the competition to date, but the best photo of the week. Like with Kallie's shot, there is something that is just so simple and effortless about this photo that really portrays the feeling of being 'castaway'. The styling for the shoot is on point, and I love all of the little details, like having sand on your face, which really add to the whole backstory behind the photo. While sitting down, you have managed to make yourself look taller by pointing your toes and sitting as upright as possible which all contribute to making this a flawless photograph. I'm actually struggling to critique this shot Nina, and it makes me so happy. You really have grown throughout this competition, and this photo just shows it to me.

Nina: Aww thank you Millie. I'll try and go outside the box next week Barbara.

Barbara: If you survive.

Nina: Okay... Thanks anyway.
2743 days 11 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Who shall I have next.... ANUTHIDA come on down.

*Anuthida fiercely walks and poses at the end of the runway*

Lindsay: What was that all about?

Anuthida: Well I just wanted to prove to Millie that I could walk.

Millie: Well you certainly proved that.

Barbara: Eh, could have been better.

Anuthida: Oh really girl? I'd like to see that.

Barbara: I don't need to prove myself, I'm already a WINNER.

Anuthida: And you'll be crowning me a winner in Shanghai.

Lindsay: You think you're going to make it there then?

Anuthida: Obviously. Look at me.

Millie: Your photo has to be good though, and speaking of which, let's take a look.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29902742290/in/album-72157673761662680/

Lindsay: Is this a strong shot? Yes. But does it give me castaway, deserted-ish vibes? Not at all. I think a recurring problem in this competition is that people chose not to be literal with their given themes and I think it's a lot safer than being nontraditional and taking a huge risk that barely pays off. Again, this is a strong picture but I think you missed the mark on your theme.

Anuthida: I see it.

Lindsay: Well I don't, and I'm a judge.

Millie: Like with Chloe, I really admire how differently you approached the photo shoot this week, and to me the photo really works. I see a girl whose been washed ashore, and is trying to find any sort of fabric that she can use to cover her modesty. I think this shot is very demure and very modest, which really works to create a beautiful photograph. The only thing that disappoints me about the photograph is the fact that your eyes are closed. I know that you were doing it to portray that moment in time, but after reflecting on your portfolio, this is your 5th photo out of 7 weeks in the competition, in which you have closed your eyes in the photograph. While I do like the facial expression, I am just beginning to wonder about your versatility and if you are just a "one-look-wonder". If you survive this week, I want you to prove to me that you can give me some fierce eye contact.

Anuthida: Okay Millie.

Barbara: This is probably one of your weaker photos for me, I just think the pose is awkward and you're not looking at the camera. Yikes. Also you don't really follow the theme either. *sighs*

Anuthida: Okay, thanks "judges".
2743 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right so the next girl up will be JORDAN.

Jordan: Hello guys.

Lindsay: So only a little pressure then this week?

Jordan: Just a tad.

Lindsay: How did the shoot go for you then?

Jordan: I hope it went okay. I was determined to redeem myself after my challenge performance.

Lindsay: Did it go badly?

Jordan: It wasn't awful but I just felt like I didn't impress as much as I could have done.

Lindsay: Very well.

Millie: Want to make it to China?

Jordan: Of course. I've never been before so I'm so keen to go!

Lindsay: Don't blame you.

Millie: Let's take a look at your shot, shall we?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29902740400/in/album-72157673761662680/

Barbara: I really like this shot, and this is something that stood out and you didn't go the predictable route, so kudos for taking a risk! This matches the theme while being editorial, and I can definitely see this on the inside of a magazine. Great job!

Millie: I'm gonna have to disagree unfortunately.

Lindsay: Me too actually.

Jordan: Oh no. For God's sake.

Lindsay: One of my least favorite pictures of the week. The background is great, but it's very hard to critique anything when you're SO far away. I think if you would've zoomed in a bit more this could've been a huge hit but sadly it isn't. You're literally SO faded in the background I just don't know what to say at all. I don't know, NEXT!

Jordan: Ouch.

Millie: For me Jordan, this is actually the weakest photo of the bunch. It's not a bad photo by any means, but in comparison to all of the other photos this week it just falls a little short. I like how you went with a more 'desert' theme rather than pacific island, to make you stand out but I think the sheer fact that you are so far away from the camera just loses that eye-catching qualities that many of the other girls' photos have. This actually reminds me of your photo from the second week (the rock photo shoot) in that you had a good shot, but the cinematography of it just lets it down. Your face is super strong here, in fact one of your strongest faces of the competition, and I like the styling here but I'm not too keen on your arms/hands. The way you've positioned them looks like you have some sort of deformity which really isn't flattering for you at all.

Lindsay: Thanks Jordan.

Jordan: Thanks guys.
2743 days 7 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: So ALEXANDRIA, you're up next.

Alexandria: Hi guys, how you doing?

Barbara: I'm fabulous.

Lindsay: I'm great thanks.

Millie: I'm good as well. More importantly, how are you doing?

Alexandria: I'm buzzing. I've come off such a high after winning the runway challenge at Fashion Week, so I'm feeling good about my chances.

Lindsay: It does come down to the photo shoot though.

Alexandria: Oh of course, I just feel like I'm in a good place.

Millie: I can see that. I have to commend you on your walk though. You looked so stunning on that runway and I could tell you have been practising.

Alexandria: *laughs* Thankyou.

Millie: Here's your best shot this week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29902743270/in/album-72157673761662680/

Barbara: Kudos to standing out for me this week, as your photo was the least "editorial"/magazine ready but also, in my opinion, one of the only photos that really followed this week's theme in looking "lost." You look like your plane just crashed and your pondering what you're suppose to do next, and i love it.

Alexandria: Aww, thank you so much Barbara.

Millie: I can kind of see the vibe that Barbara was going with, but for me, I don't think this photo really commits to the theme. I'm really struggling to explain this (I've written this out like 5 times now), but it's almost as if the shot is in between themes, and you are trying to do both? It's fine to go really high-fashion with the styling, but if you are going to do that, I think you need to either make the theme REALLY evident of being 'castaway', or show that emotion in your face really obviously in your face, and I don't think you really committed to either of those. Personally, I think the body language is a little flirty, which doesn't really work when you are trying to appear helpless and desperate. It could work as a campaign for Ralph Lauren or Jack Wills, or one of those preppy brands, but this week was all about emotion and telling a story, and I just don't see that here.

Lindsay: Thank GOD you chose not to be blonde this week. I think this is one of your strongest shots since Week 1. You look stunning and I think very well represented your given theme also. You look like a flight attendant that survived a plane crashed and I, quite honestly, love the feel from it!

Alexandria: Wow, thanks guys.

Millie: You're welcome Alex.
2743 days 7 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: The sixth girl up will be KALLIE this time.

Kallie: Hey girl hey!

Millie: Hi Kallie, our little troublemaker this week!

Barbara: Ooh troublemaker, how so?

Millie: Well Miss Kallie actually took Anuthida's runway choice this week which almost won her the challenge.

Barbara: Yes girl, love the drama.

Kallie: That's what I was going for!

Barbara: Well at least you didn't steal Anuthida's photo this week.

Lindsay: SHA-DY.

Millie: Let's see if you needed to.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30113750771/in/album-72157673761662680/

Millie: I really like this photo of you Kallie. There's something so simple about this shot that really works, and thinking about it, if you really were a castaway you wouldn't have all of these super designs, you would just be in your bare necessities and I think that really resonates here. Despite being forward-facing and wearing a bikini, you have managed to keep the pose modest and not turn the shot into a sexy beachwear campaign, and keep it as editorial as you can. Your skin looks absolutely amazing, and you are really working from head-to-toe in my eyes. I do like your facial expression, but I think I would have liked to have seen a little more emotion behind the eyes. I do see it a little, but I think I would have liked to have seen a little more anguish, or desperation to really help showcase the story that you are trying to tell, but otherwise it's a stellar photograph.

Lindsay: And again, you give us a stunningly beautiful picture. When will you ever disappoint? Everything in this shot is on motha' fuckin' fleek and I can't find a single thing to bash you on. The little accessories here and there are what make the picture for me though, the background isn't way over the top but you can depict the story line behind the picture by just looking at the items you used in your shot. This is an AMAZING photo.

Kallie: Aww, you guys are too cute.

Barbara: The fur jacket just really ruins the shot for me. I said something similar to one of the other girls earlier, you had the right idea/tools but you missed it with the fur coat accessory. However, the model you chose has a really unique look to it, and the darker lighting, rope, and just overall mood of the photo works for me.

Kallie: Whatever, I still looked cute.

Millie: Thanks Kallie.
2743 days 7 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And finally JESSIE, you're the final girl up tonight.

Lindsay: Heya, still reeling off the high of best photo last week?

Jessie: Definitely. I'm so excited for this week.

Lindsay: I still can't believe it happened.

Jessie: I can. I told everyone that they should be scared of me and nobody listened, and here I am dominating once again.

Barbara: Babe, you got one first call-out.

Jessie: The same as you got all last cycle.

*silence*

Lindsay: Dead.

Millie: Anyway, excited about the possibility of China?

Jessie: Yeah I've basically already packed in my mind!

Millie: *laughs* We shall see if your photo warrants that then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/30198609985/in/album-72157673761662680/

Lindsay: How are you getting randomly SO good at this competition? This is personally one of my favorite pictures of the week. Despite your picture being very in your face and obvious, it's jaw dropping and stunningly beautiful. I'm proud that you're given it your 200%, we can really see the difference. You look fantastic as always, and I truly ADORE the color coordination!

Jessie: Thanks Lindsay.

Millie: Where has this girl been the whole competition? Jessie this photo is absolutely stunning, and I don't know if it's anything to do with being in the bottom two a couple of weeks ago, but it seems to have really woken you up in this competition. This photo is everything I wanted and more, this shot is so fierce I love it. You've managed to take the 'castaway' theme here, and give it this high fashion edge by creating all of these angles with your body, as well as utilising island products to turn them into fashionable designs. I would have liked to have seen a little bit more neck, but your eye contact with the camera really makes up for it. This photo would have been a slam dunk for me, had there not been writing all over it; we've spoken to you about this before, and Brendina got sent home for it last week so I really don't expect to see simple mistakes like this at this stage of the competition.

Barbara: This is too posey and predictable for me, you don't really match your surroundings. So while you had the right idea, due to the pose it comes off as "too sexy" for me unfortunately.

Millie: Thanks Jessie.

Jessie: Thanks guys.
2743 days 7 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for the judges and I to decide our rankings, and deliberate between you. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of the seventh Vogue Girl poll of the season is, who got first call-out, and which girl will be leaving the competition in seventh place. and missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Shanghai, China. Good luck to you all.
2743 days 7 hours ago
Katherinee_
Thank you so much Millie <3 Your words mean the world to me!! Also thank you, Lindsay. I played safe this round because after the last weeks failure, I wasn't very confident in myself. Barbara, I will really try to get out of the box especially for you ^^
2743 days 7 hours ago
bambinoswag
:O I can see how my background was a bit unclear, so I understand my critiques. I'm glad you all seemed to like the styling and face though :P

My plea to the judges is that I've been extremely receptive to judging critiques which is huge in this business. For example, I've learned to not dress as sexy, and pick more "high fashion" looks, which I abided by this week. I am strong in challenges (2 wins) and in Vogue Polls (2 wins), so I think I deserve to stay and make it to China :) thanks!
2743 days 6 hours ago
jdsurvivor
Than you judges. I was really going for the whole "restless/cabin fever" feeling of being stranded with my model, which is why my arms are the way they are. I also felt the prop of the telescope laying down on my lap added to the theme. I enjoyed all the small details of this photo that seemed to be missed in the critique. Thank you, judges. I really hope to make it to China, I have been looking forward to this the entire competition! Good luck everybody!

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!