This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 8 ~ Who will Make Up our Final 5? (On Set)

Topic » Episode 8 ~ Who will Make Up..

2745 days 15 hours ago
Millzipede
Previously on Tengaged's Next Top Model, the girls took a brief trip to Paris, to take part in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk for Balmain in their 2016/2017 show at Paris Fashion Week. While all of the girls had strong walks, it was Alexandria's sleek but subtle walk style that won her the prize. Back at the house, Chloe and Jordan bonded over a personal issue Jordan was experiencing, while Nina got drunk wanting to embrace the experience. At the photo shoot, the girls posed as 'castaways' in the middle of no where. At panel, all of the girls impressed, with the judges acknowledging that none of the photos were bad. Kale took home her second win, while friends Chloe and Jordan landed in the bottom two together. It was a close call, but the judges spared Jordan, sending Chloe home. Millie then announced that the girls would be travelling to Shanghai, China for the rest of the season. 6 girls are flying to china, but one girl will be taking a flight straight back home, who do you think it will be?

Keep the drama and confessionals up at the house. This is a place for you to express your thoughts and feelings of the competition, as well as interact with your fellow competitors. Seeing your feelings really makes this a much more fun game to host, so keep it up.

+ + CHALLENGE + +
This week will be another video challenge, so have your youtube and dailymotion at the ready! Throughout this competition, we have tested your walk, your ability to take good photos, your fashion knowledge, your styling, and there is just one thing left to test - your ability to look good and act ON FILM.

That's right, for this week's challenge, you will be participating in a commercial, in which you will be modelling foundation. It can be liquid foundation or a stick but the key is it must be foundation. The commercial you submit can be from any company, however you will be critiqued on how good you look, how well you deliver your lines (if you have them - which would be preferable) and overall the standard of the commercial as a whole. As always, the girl with the best commercial will win a special prize.

+ + PHOTO SHOOT + +
Sticking with the 'foundation' theme of this week, for your photo shoot you will also be modelling foundation, while posing in beauty shots for two major make up brands.

While doing some research on Chinese fashion, I stumbled upon a Vogue article regarding the most popular make up brands in the country, with two worldwide companies dominating the market; Those being Clinique and Estée Lauder. I've left the article below:

http://www.vogue.com/13257423/best-selling-makeup-skin-care-in-china/

This week, you will be split into two groups of 3, with one group modelling foundation for Clinique and the other group posing for Estée Lauder. Although you will be evaluated individually as always, a little friendly competition never hurt anybody, so we will be comparing your photos to the other girls modelling the same brand as you. Remember girls, the key to winning this week is to remember what you are selling, so your SKIN should be the main focus of the shot. I don't want to see extravagant, bold lipsticks or eyeshadows, as we want to see your lovely skin.

Although you will be posing for these brands, I don't want any of you guys to submit real life campaigns as your photos. At this point in the competition, I want you to show me how you can interpret a brief that is given to you, and give the client what is wanted.

The groups are as follows:

Clinique Group:
+ Alexandria
+ Kallie
+ Nina

Estée Lauder Group:
+ Anuthida
+ Jessie
+ Jordan

For the CLINIQUE shoot, we want to see something a bit more fun and a bit more energetic. Clinique is a slightly cheaper brand, and thus appeals to a much younger demographic, so we want to see youth and possibly a little colour, but not to the point it overshadows the product. I've given you an example o
2745 days 15 hours ago
Millzipede
For the CLINIQUE shoot, we want to see something a bit more fun and a bit more energetic. Clinique is a slightly cheaper brand, and thus appeals to a much younger demographic, so we want to see youth and possibly a little colour, but not to the point it overshadows the product. I've given you an example of the kind of thing we are looking for below.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8d/b9/df/8db9df0f286a781f2c99e73b98aecc22.jpg

For the ESTEE LAUDER shoot, it is a much more sophisticated brand, so we want to see you portray a much more mature, elegant woman as after all it is a little more expensive. We want to see simple, but natural beauty. I have also given you an example below.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/31/7b/35/317b35d913141e8ae129e7d10343474b.jpg

Also, I just want to clarify that I don't want ANY black and white photos this week. It should be a given, as you are modelling foundation, but I just wanted to make sure. Additionally, as her prize for winning last weeks challenge, Alexandria will be boosted one spot upwards in the call-out order, after the rankings have been finalised. However, this doesn't mean she is guaranteed safety for the week, as if you are still in the bottom two, you can still go home.

REQUIREMENTS:
+ Must be a beauty shot.
+ Must not be black and white.
+ Skin must be the focal point of the shot, and must suit the brand assigned to you.
+ Photos from ANTM seasons will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
+ Photos from previous TNTM seasons will be penalised, however as this game has been going on for so long, I will let you know if a photo has been used previously, and allow you time to change your photograph.
+ No runway photos will be tolerated under any circumstances unless specified.

If you are having trouble finding high fashion photos either:
1. Search for editorials from fashion magazines such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, I-D, L'Officiel etc.
2. Search for fashion models such as Lara Stone, Gemma Ward, Cara Delevigne, Liu Wen, Daria Werbowy, Joan Smalls etc.
3. Search for designers such as Versace, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Vera Wang, Miu Miu etc.

+ + VOGUE GIRL + +
Vogue Girl is always a controversial part of the competition, and is often the difference between staying in the competition and going home. Each week, a poll will be put up with all of the girls on it, for the public to vote on. The winner of the poll will have a significantly less chance of going home that week and in the entire process.

I do the Vogue Girl polls as it allows me to not only see who is popular with the public (which is important as a role model), but if choosing to spam, shows your heart and dedication for this competition, something which I greatly appreciate. Once again, the result of this poll DOES and WILL have an effect on eliminations, so I urge you all to take it seriously.

Last week was a dip, but not too bad a dip. This is the final 6 now, so I should be seeing all of you girls fighting to claim that coveted Vogue Girl title.

POLL: http://www.tengaged.com/group/1895/poll/c10-vogue-girl-8-135161

+ + DEADLINE + +
The deadline for this weeks challenge and photoshoot will be Midnight EST, Thursday 20th October. Any photos not posted by this point, or posted after the deadline will be heavily penalised.

If you have any questions or queries, feel free to message me.

Good Luck girls xx
2745 days 15 hours ago
aliciafox2
Challenge

Jourdan Dunn
2745 days 6 hours ago
MISSimogen
Challenge:
2745 days 5 hours ago
MISSimogen
2744 days 23 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Challenge:
2744 days 19 hours ago
jdsurvivor
2739 days 15 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + CHALLENGE RESULTS + + + + + + + + + +

Millie: Hello girls and welcome to your first challenge here in Shanghai, China! This week is all about make-up, particularly foundation, which will run as the theme for both this week's challenge and photo shoot.

A good foundation is the key to being successful in life, and likewise it is the grounds for essentially any make-up look, be it subtle or the most extreme. Finding the right foundation coverage for your skin is extremely important for anybody who wants to have that clear-skin look, making it one of the largest selling types of make-up in the world, which is why I wanted to that to be your challenge this week. For your challenge, I want you to film a commercial in which you advertise any brand of foundation that you may use. Preferably, I would like you to have speaking lines, but if not, you will also be judged on your acting and modelling skills, overall look and the quality of the commercial itself. It's pretty simple, the girl who does the best wins. With that all out of the way, let's get to your critiques.

Millie: Going first will be ANUTHIDA!
Overall as a final product, I think this commercial works; You look stunning as always, and your body seems to move really well on camera, none if it looked forced or rehearsed which helps to create a natural look. You really showcased the product well, and I love the incorporation with you and the other model using it on one another, which kind of implies that it's for everyone and not just yourself. The one thing I did notice though was that a lot of the attention in the video was focused on the other model rather than yourself, so I did feel like you were a little overshadowed and could have been showcased more, but that isn't necessarily a fault of your own.

Millie: Second up will be the lovely, KALLIE!
Visually you look probably the most stunning of all of the girls, both in terms of the natural scenes and the actual product-modelling visuals. I liked how you really showcased your skin throughout the commercial, which was ultimately the main goal, and you actually made me want to go out and buy whatever you were selling! Your acting skills are really strong, and I really believed every single emotion that you were putting across. My only slight criticism for the ad was your speaking parts, as for some reason I found it a little difficult to understand you? I'm not sure if it was your enunciation, or your accent but you just sounded a bit weird to me.

Millie: Following on will be ALEXANDRIA!
I think you've got a really strong commercial here Alex, and like Kallie I really like how the product really was the center of the campaign. I enjoyed your movement throughout the video, and out of all the girls I could feel you constantly modelling, working that camera and showing off your beautiful smile. Your lines came across as really natural and I also felt like you really meant it, even if it was just saying "you're worth it" and 'tap-tap'. Speaking of the 'tap-tap' thing, I think that was the only thing I didn't like about the commercial, as I felt like it was slightly comical in a cringy way, but that's just a personal issue on my behalf, and nothing to do with your modelling capabilities.

Millie: Girl no. 4 will be JORDAN!
I actually really love this Jordan, you look young, you look bubbly and those are exactly the kind of emotions that you want to make a consumer feel when they are using the product. You looked absolutely stunning and like Alexandria, I could feel you modelling at every single opportunity, but not to the point it was so obvious, but simply in a fun and flirty way. Although you didn't have many lines, you said them with ease, and I think that really helped to make the commercial what it is. The product looked great and you managed to work with it really well - I'm impressed.
2739 days 15 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Up next is the wonderful JESSIE!
I'm sorry Jessie, but this is clearly the worst of the week for the simple fact that you just didn't give me what I asked for. I clearly stated in the challenge brief that you were to submit a commercial for foundation skin coverage, and this video isn't even remotely related to make up. The clue should have been in the title of the video 'DKNY Spring' which obviously insinuates clothing. You look pretty, but at this stage of the competition, that shouldn't even be taken as a compliment as it's just a given. This was a pretty easy challenge to be completely honest and you somehow managed to screw it up for yourself. I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but I'm so disappointed in you.

Millie: ...And rounding us up this week, will be NINA!
Like Jessie, I can pretty much already confirm that you haven't won the challenge as you did not give me what was asked for. Like I said to Jessie, it was clearly stated that I wanted you to submit a commercial for foundation, and none of the products used in the video were foundation! Additionally, at least Jessie's video was an actual commercial, whereas this is simply an interview or 'bonus footage' to be displayed on the brand's website, so you doubly failed here. This was an utter disappointment for me to view this week, so if you end up in the bottom again, I wouldn't be surprised if I were you.
2739 days 15 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right so when it comes to today's results, it really comes down to three groups. The girls who did awfully by not fulfilling the brief, the girls who did well with minor issues, and the girls who truly excelled. Unfortunately Jessie and Nina, you were in that first category, and unluckily Anuthida and Kallie you fall into the second, meaning the best girls this week were Alexandria and Jordan. In my opinion though, there was one girl who I feel really stole the show with this one, and that girl is
http://i.imgur.com/S3yr9ec.png

Millie: Congratulations lovely! This commercial (and photo) were absolutely sublime, and although it was relatively close between the two of you, this one really met all the criteria I was looking for. Your prize for next week is a biggy so you should definitely be proud of winning this one.

For the rest of you girls, thanks for all participating and I look forward to seeing you all at panel. Good luck, you're gonna need it.
2738 days 22 hours ago
Katherinee_
It seems that I was after delivering my lines right, which was pointed as "preferable". No offence, but if you concider that saying "Tap-tap" shows your acting skill in a high level, sorry dear, but you are wrong and beyond. Although, I agree with all the other things said. Challenges are just not my thing I guess. Grats Jordan <3 Go nude or go home.
2738 days 16 hours ago
jdsurvivor
Yay! I am so happy to have my second challenge win :D what a great time, too! Thank you!!

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!