This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 12 ~ Finale Part 2 (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 12 ~ Finale Part 2..

2632 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 3 enter the Chinese Potsdam house which serves as the overseas judging room for the rest of the season*

Millie: Hello to our glorious final 2 of the cycle, and welcome to your twelfth and final judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10, and your fifth here in Shanghai, China. For your final week of the competition, you competed in a whole bunch of tasks. Firstly you shot for your American Vogue Cover, which will be officially published should you win this competition. You then shot a swimwear themed shoot each, modelling for Miu Miu as well as taking part in a runway shot for the brand, in which you would be photographed on the runway. A lot of shoots, and a lot to look forward to, however, before we get to critiquing your photos, here are the list of prizes that one of you will be winning later on this evening.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts.)

Millie: So now it is time to introduce the judges for the final time this season. First up, she's caused controversy all season, but will love her nonetheless. She won last cycle and it is finally time for her to give up her crown, it's Miss Barbara Palvin.

Barbara: There ain't no way I'm giving this crown up. I am a living legend.

Millie: Is that so?

Barbara: I'm not even going to answer that question. You already know the answer.

Millie: Alright then, moving on. She's been with us every step of the way and has been the most reliable judge in recent history. A girl close to my own heart, it's the ever-wonderful, Lindsay Lavara.

Lindsay: Hi girls, I can't believe this cycle has come to a close. It seems to have flown by.

Millie: Well time flies when you're having fun.

Lindsay: *laughs* Obviously.

Millie: Right, so let's get to it then.
2632 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: So our first finalist up this week will be the wonderful ALEXANDRIA!

Alexandria: Hello everyone. I can't believe it either Lindsay!

Lindsay: Especially these past few weeks for you.

Alexandria: I know right, every week just seems to be better and better for me and I've enjoyed every single minute of it.

Millie: Right so Alex, tell my why you believe you should be crowned Tengaged's Next Top Model.

Alexandria: Throughout this competition I believe that I went on a journey of finding myself as model. In the beginning of the competition dating back to the “Smoking Hot!” photoshoot, I believe I made a great first impression in front of the judges, getting the first callout of the season. I kind of in a way paved a way of how I would perform in the competition. Many of the judges expected a lot from me, considering I seemed to have shine in the beginning of the competition. With that, I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that already I had made a positive impression on the judges. Back at the house, I believe that my confidence swayed a little more to the right of over-confidence than it should have.

Within the upcoming weeks, I found myself dropping within the callouts. There was something that I was missing, that the judges missed in the first photoshoot. I was getting a lot of critique, and it was a lot to take in, but I know it was only to better me as a model. Despite winning the Red Carpet challenge and the Runway challenge, I still seemed to have difficulty standing out in comparison to the other models. I missing my spark I felt. I never gave up, but I felt the judges felt that I had kind of given up. I became so discouraged within my performance because I knew that I had so much potential, but I just had trouble bringing it out in the photo shoots. I needed to completely step it up, because I was digging myself a ditch that seemed quite impossible to get out of.

I believe my breakout moment was when I stepped foot in Shanghai, China. I knew that I needed to step it up, or I would be the next model eliminated. In the “foundation” theme photoshoot, I really managed to study the brand that I was given in order to please the judge’s criteria, but to also give the judges something different. Something that would make them see my shining potential again. By winning the top photo of the week, I felt like I had drugged myself out of what seemed like an impossible ditch. While improving rapidly, I showed the judges that I was a true contender and was determined to win this competition. I became more competitive and continued to consecutively get the top photo in this competition.

While I know it’s easy to say that I have won the most top photos this season, I believe that more tremendous moment in this competition for me was winning the go-see challenge. That challenge was the hardest in this entire competition. It tested my ability to understand a client completely. While taking days for me to actually complete the challenge, I proved to myself that I know how to successfully brand myself into a successful model. By winning that challenge, it proved to me that I can actually pursue a modeling career in a real life setting.

All in all, I do believe I deserve to win this competition. Each week I was determined to get better, by having such a inconsistent track record in the early stages of the competition, I really understood the critiques given to move forward in the competition each. I know that my performance in the “Vogue Girl” was not the strongest, however my commitment and effort rose to the occasion as I tried my hardest each week to understand what was given to me, research everything that I need to, and execute a photo that would get me a top callout. I want to thank all the judges and Millie for this amazing experience, and good luck Kallie!

Barbara: Wow that was long.

*The judges laugh*
2632 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right now that that's out of the way, let's move on to your first photo. Let's take a look at your American Vogue cover first.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31914510512/in/album-72157678557151916/

Millie: At first I wasn't sold on this shot Alex, but the more I look at it, the more I've grown to love it. the whole styling of the shot could fit in with any American Vogue cover, and although it is a little reminiscent of the Guess campaigns, I still think that it works here. By having the top buttons undone, you've managed to show off your sexiness, while not pushing it too much into being slutty. I love how your hair is slicked back to really show off your face, but I do think your facial expression could have been a little more intense. I kind of got the vibe that you didn't want to smile or anything like that in case then the whole shot looked too commercial, but I think just a little bit more power behind the eyes would have been able to take this shot to 100% while still keeping that fashion edge and not making it look like a men's magazine cover.

Lindsay: This magazine cover though... could've worked a lot better than it did. I think the point was to model for American Vogue, so obviously taking that into consideration would've helped you a lot more. It's also a bit boring for my liking, this is the last time you have to make a lasting impression for us and you needed to make it count.

Barbara: I'm disappointed that this is one of your final photos because I don't really like this shot that much mainly for two reasons. The first reason is that I am drawn directly to your face and I really hate the makeup used for your eyes, you look very tired and it makes you look a lot older than you really are. The second reason is I despise that jean jacket. While this is supposed to be an all american girl look, this wasn't really what I had in mind as this type of clothing is rather outdated. This could have been a great cover if you had styled yourself differently, as there's nothing particularly wrong with any of your modeling, I just think it's a bad shot.

Millie: I don't think it's outdated at all. Plus, it's not up to a model to decide what she wears. I think you pulled it off girl.

Alexandria: Thanks Millie.

Millie: Now let's take a look at your swimwear themed photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31914508262/in/album-72157678557151916/

Lindsay: Your bikini picture slays SO much. It kind of makes me forget the magazine shoot, but focus on this one instead. The colors go together so well, and I just think this is fantastic. Overall, you've been pretty solid and consistent the entire competition, and I think you ARE deserving of your spot here in the top two. I'm just wondering whether consistency is good enough for you to be called Tengaged's next top model?

Alexandria: I think so. This photo I think really shows my capabilities.

Barbara: Sigh, you look like a hooker on the beach, I really dislike these types of photos, and if you were paying attention to my critique on recently eliminated contestant Anuthida, you would have realized I hate these hooker esque outfits in random settings. For me , the posing is a bit award and I don't like how your one leg is covering the other, and it looks like you need a bigger chair. From the neck up, however, everything is fierce, and you have a great body. I just wish you weren't selling this lingerie looking outfit on a beach.

Millie: For me, it's another brilliant photo from you - when are you going to stop? Everything about this photo is on point, from the outfit, to your body, to the background itself, everything seems to be coming together in your favor to make this shot work. Although I might say that the clothes seem to be more lingerie rather than swimwear or 'poolside attire' I don't actually really cares you've managed to make it work and your body looks amazing, so you may as well show it off. Despite the
2632 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
...Despite the beautiful scenery, you really stand out in this shot, and although the pose may not be the most natural to lounge back in, it doesn't look particularly forced which enables you to really display a moment. If anything, I think I would have liked to have seen a little bit more interaction with the beach itself, but it's still an amazing image.

Barbara: Pfft...

Millie: Moving on, let's take a look at your final photo of the season from your walk on the runway.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31252560393/in/album-72157678557151916/

Millie: I love this final runway shot, and although you could have used walking photos (sorry if that wasn't clearly explained enough in the assignment brief) I still think you managed to nail it. You look strong and confident and I think that really resembles how you have been in the end part of the competition. You look like the hottest supermodel in the world and that you're not going to let anybody take that away from you. You are giving such strong face here, which is so important to do at the end of the runway as that is the kind of thing that is going to make YOU stand out from all of the other models when magazines choose which shot to use. I've got nothing more to say on this one as it's truly stellar. Also your legs look amazing! Well done girl.

Barbara: This shot is ok. It's not really a standout shot but it's not terrible in my opinion. This kind of reminds me of those people at the circus that are standing on stilts. Honestly the extreme arch in your pose while your walking personally makes me a little uncomfortable, like I kind of wish you were standing up straight, maybe Millie can elaborate better for me? It also bothers me how I can see your coochie underwear, LOL. Besides that, I think your face is very strong and I am loving your cheek bones. Your walk may not necessarily be my taste, but you're definitely looking fierce and selling the clothes in a mid walk, which is what we were going for.

Lindsay: I think your end-of-runway shot is absolutely stunning. It's personally one of my favorites of the entire cycle, it's really a bald and solid move, and I think it payed off quite well.

Alexandria: Thank you guys so much.

Millie: Now let's move on to the runway itself.

*clips of Alexandria from the runway show play*

Millie: Of the three walks, your first walk was undoubtedly the strongest. You opened the show like there was no tomorrow, and you really proved why you are the runway queen of the cycle. The outfit looked amazing on you, and both your body and face looked astounding and you really looked like a working professional girl. Your second walk was also strong, but I think your final walk was the weakest of the three. To me it just came off a little bit lackluster as it was just missing that firepower that I felt in your previous two looks, but like I said earlier you still managed to work the outfit to the best of your ability. I'm not sure if it was because you weren't wearing heels, but it just seemed to lack that intensity that you were giving off previously.
2629 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: ...And up next we have our other beautiful finalist, miss Kallie Jenner!

Kallie: Hello everybody.

Lindsay: How do you feel to have come this far?

Kallie: So so blessed. This has been such a unique experience and to have gotten to complete the entire thing has just been life-changing. So many girls wanted to be in this position and to be here myself, it's just something else I can't even describe it.

Barbara: You nervous to see your photos?

Kallie: Not really. It's the finale so I gave it everything I've got.

Millie: Right then, so tell us why you think you deserve to be Tengaged's Next Top Model.

Kallie: Okay so this competition has been going on since August, thats 5 months of working hard finding the best pictures possible. To me, this group game was not just a game it was literally something I enjoyed and loved to do in my spare time. Throughout these months i've taken so much of my time and effort into this that I think I deserve the crown. I've been the one whos won the most vogue girl polls, I didn't rely on just spending time on submitting photos, I would spend hours spamming just to stay another week and compete as I love fashion itself. Since august, I've found myself at the top of the pack and never really at the bottom but now I've experienced it and know what it's like to be at the very lowest of this competition and how to fight back, I had the determination and the fight to want to stay each and every week and I just think for my effort alone is why I deserve to be crowned but for my consistency in this competition aswell. From winning polls, challenges and 2 best photos I think that shows for the hard work i've put in.I may not have won best photo 4 times in a row and maybe it is like a david vs goliath situation with Alexandria but what i do have is the fight within me to want to prevail and win Tengaged's Next Top Model. Gl Alexandria hun xo

Millie: Alright then, let's take a look at your Vogue shoot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31914504492/in/album-72157678557151916/

Millie: This shot is so beautiful Kallie, and probably one of your most beautiful photos to date. That dress looks absolutely wonderful on you and makes me, the viewer, want to buy it in the aspiration that I could look as good as this. For me though, I'm not entirely convinced that this would work best as an American Vogue cover, for Spanish or Portuguese Vogue perhaps, but I think the whole look is just too mature for the American version. I really wanted to see that kind of young, flirty and sexy all-American girl which sells really well in the States, but this kind of comes across as the fashionista mother of that girl to me. The pose is fine, but I just think the face is way too intense as it loses that reliability and youthfulness which were really needed for this cover.

Kallie: Oh okay, thank you anyway.

Lindsay: Your American Vogue cover was better than Alexandria's by a large margin, I think it's more fashionable, editorial and a bit less messier as well. I prefer it compared to her's.

Barbara: I'm extremely disappointed in this shot as well. As you should already know by now, I HATE this photo already as it's a Vogue photo, which means you were playing it safe this week. This is absolutely tacky and I'm questioning if you have what it takes to be a top model if you're not even willing to take a risk. On top of that, while I enjoy this shot better than Alexandria's, It's not THAT great as I don't really like the pose that you're doing. You look very scrunched together, almost like you're in a ball. Besides that, I really like your intense glare that you're giving the camera, but that's about it. Since your photo isn't THAT much better than Alexandria's, I'm going to give this round to Alexandria for at least not using a photo from Vogue, this may cost you.

Millie: I don't think it's that punishable.

Barbara: Oh I do.
2629 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, now let's take a look at your swimwear photograph.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/31914498502/in/album-72157678557151916/

Barbara: I love this photo, you have masterfully captured the balance between elegance and sexiness. The way your posed and your bikini choice makes you look slender and elegant, but your pose is very sexy and alluring, I could definitely see this for a swimwear ad. My critiques for you don't have to do with your modeling or posing, but I have an issue with the black and white photo as I can't really tell you're on a beach. It would have been nice to know you were actually on the beach, because right now I'm just guessing. I appreciate the risk of a black and white shot, but you have to be very careful when you choose to do one as I think it hindered this photo slightly. Nonetheless, a great shot.

Kallie: Okay, I understand. I know it's the finale, but I didn't want that to stop me from taking risks, you know?

Barbara: Understood.

Lindsay: For me, your bikini picture is absolutely gorgeous. I think you are flawless as usual, and that alone can easily make me forget about your upcoming terrible runway shoot. Nonetheless, you performed quite solidly throughout the entire competition and I think you do deserve to be in the top two. But is your dedication just enough for you to become Tengaged's next top model?

Millie: This is where you really redeemed yourself in my eyes though, and this is the kind of girl I wanted to see in your Vogue cover. You look young, sexy and free here and you are showing off all that your body has to offer. Like Alexandria, I love the head-thrown-back pose, and combined with your wet hair really creates this erotic look, whilst still keeping that fashion edge to it to not make it sleazy - almost like a high fashion Sports illustrated spread. Unfortunately, in terms of selling the outfit, I don't think you found your light properly which means that the swimsuit sits almost entirely in the shade; and although the black and white filter looks good on the shot, I think it makes it even harder to see the outfit as now the color can't allow it to be seen. I still love the photo as a whole regardless.

Kallie: Wow thanks so much you guys!

Millie: And lastly we'll take a look at your runway shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/32023806036/in/album-72157678557151916/

Lindsay:  Your end of runway though is quite bad, the quality is down right terrible, and I don't think quality should even be an issue THIS far in the competition. You could have found so many different pictures but you chose one with a girl that looks like Iggy Azalea.

*Barbara bursts out laughing*

Barbara: According to what Millie sent me, the directions were for you to take a shot in MID-walk, not when you reach the end and pose. Your failure to follow directions in this photo and playing it safe in photo #1 is weighing heavily on my mind, and I am questioning if you have what it takes to follow rules in a professional environment. Contrary to Alexandria, however, I love the arch in your back and the dress, but I would have preferred if you were giving me more face, as it falls flat compared to the rest of the photo.

Millie: I'm going to have to agree with.... Lindsay on this one.

Kallie: Oh.

Millie: Once again, I'd like to apologize in case I wasn't clear enough in explaining what was acceptable for this challenge as I think you may have unintentionally screwed yourself over, as I think you can do far better than this. I love a lady in red, and the end pose that you are creating is nice, but the photograph as a whole just looks very amateur, and almost like a still from a YouTube video rather than a professionally taking photograph. The shot was taken way too far away from you, so far that I can't properly admire your face or the dress, which is ultimately what this shoot was all about. I'm sure you look great, but I just can't see it due t
2629 days 19 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: I'm sure you look great, but I just can't see it due to the poor quality.

Millie: Like last time, let's see how you faired on to the runway.

*Clips of Kallie from the runway show play*

Millie: After not winning the runway challenge this cycle, this was your chance to redeem yourself, and I do think you did somewhat. I'm not sure if I would say you knocked Alex off of her throne, but I think you put up a pretty good fight as all of your walks were quite strong. The first walk was probably your weakest, but I'd imagine that was down to nerves coming from the finale. Your second walk however completely blew me away, it was as if we were seeing a completely new girl on the runway - you were giving me such face it was unbelievable. You looked amazing and you wore all of the clothes really well, and like Alex again I feel you could have been one of the real working models so you should be so proud of yourself.
2629 days 18 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for the judges and I to deliberate one last time between you girls. And when I call you back, it will finally be the time for me to announce which one of you two girls will be crowned Tengaged's Next Top Model.

This is it girls, good luck to you both.
2629 days 7 hours ago
MISSimogen
can u just hurry n crown alexandria now x
2628 days 3 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Goodluck Kallie ! =] < 3

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!