This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

T(k)I 11: The Top 12 sing the 90s

Topic » T(k)I 11: The Top 12 sing the..

3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
First up we have SparkleSara singing Mariah Carey's Hero

http://www.soundcloud.com/sarac13/hero

Here's what the judges had to say:
Tolis - "Started off really strong, but by the end you seemed to start losing notes here and there and started to build up. Like the bridge seemed a bit flat in places and wasn't as strong as some of the other parts of the song. Make sure you can keep up the level of your performance throughout the song."

Anthony - "The subtle tone in the verses really made me believe what you were singing, i think that you  the airy tone that you add to some parts in the piece are so moving. This is one of my favorite recordings in all of tengaged idol history, it was absolutely beautiful."

Fritzy - "Probably your roughest work so far. It wasn't your finest moment, as there were parts that were very much off. However, it was a very tough song to tackle and it's better than other attempts I've heard at it. Perhaps not the wisest decision, but the effort was there."

Kkoster - "You should know by now, you have one of the strongest voices we've ever had in these competitions, and this was performed beautifully. It wasn't perfect, but it was nice to listen to. Another amazing performance"
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Second we had JamieN8954 singing the Spice Girl's Wannabe

http://www.soundcloud.com/jamie-noble-7/wannabe-tengaged-idol

Anthony - "I can see  that you're really enjoying the song choices, you love sing upbeat fun songs which is cool in my book. BE careful not to go flat, in some spots throughout i heard a nasally tone so i would really work on that to make it a more enjoyable performance. I loved the energy of the song, and i can tell that you LOVE singing, so i commend you on a brave song choice."

Fritzy - "Back up from the mic a little bit, homie. There's something about your performances that I can't put into words that I thoroughly enjoy. Again, I don't think you have the strongest voice in the competition, but for the most part, your performances are extremely cohesive. But seriously, back away from the mic a little bit."

Kkoster - "Compared to your last performance, this was just ok, I know you can do better, the vocals were on pitch-wise, but the way you were singing, it sounded like you were trying to just rush it. Overall it was only ok."

Tolis - "You are the contestant of the season that delivers good energy and performance, but vocally there were a lot of issues. I thoroughly enjoyed your performance for how fun it was and how well you flowed with it, but occasionally there would be a note or line that would make me say oof. Also you kinda tripped up on the rap and the last choruses just kinda seemed a bit to repetitive. Gotta change it up a bit here and there. "
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Third we had DraevynWraithe singing Garth Brook's The Thunder Rolls

http://www.soundcloud.com/gamerwithfluff/the-thunder-rolls-garth-brooks

Here's what the judge's had to say:
Fritzy - "Think this performance confirms that country choices are the best way to go for you. You're continuing to improve."

Kkoster - "I like you singing country, it wasn't vocally perfect, but you can portray emotion, which I like. You also performed the more powerful notes really strongly. Overall one of the best performances."

Tolis - "I can almost guarantee none of the other judges have heard this song before today. So that could be good or bad. But I do love myself some country. Just gotta be careful with those higher notes hun. They seemed to get away from you a bit. Personally, loved it"

Anthony - "Country is up your alley, i loved this song choice as garth is a nice pop/country artist, i think that you did a really good job on this track and are progressing a performer."
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Fourth up was 77sparks77 singing Green Day's Good Riddance

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/VkPrAd3Vce/Good_Riddance.html

kkoster - "I think you have a nice voice, but having another perform this song this week, I think it showed a little weakness in you, you are solid vocally but you don't do anything to make your songs go anywhere, you just make them solid, you need to make me feel something. Still not bad."

Tolis - "Overall a solid performance. I would just be careful with a couple things. The choruses seemed to fall a little flat by the end of most of them. Also be careful that the music doesn't overpower you throughout. It was hard to hear you at times. "

Anthony - "I think that you really felt what you were singing, and vocally it was really pleasent to listen too. I think that this was also a really good choice of song for you to sing as it is a rather emotional goodbye and i think you captured the essence of the song."

Fritzy - "Solid. SORRY FOR THE LACK OF CRITIQUE."
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Immediately after we had Jogon also singing Green Day's Good Riddance

http://www.soundcloud.com/jogon10/goodriddance

Tolis - "The last hook of each verse going into the chorus killed you. It seems it was too high for you and you would either crack or fall flat. The choruses were solid though. Try to find something in that range moving forward."

Anthony - "your tone is perfect for a song like this song, it was right up your alley. I think that vocally you were on point throughout the song. I want to see you shock us with a brave song choice. you did really well nonetheless."

Fritzy - "I'm gonna give this the slight edge over the other "Good Riddance." "

Kkoster - "I love your artistry, and have since the beginning, this was another great performance from you. I like how fun you make things, even with them being simple. Nice work"
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
At the midway point we had MrPokeGuy9 performing TLC's Waterfalls

http://www.soundcloud.com/mrpokeguy9/waterfalls-tlc-tengaged-idol

Anthony - "Be careful on your pitch, you struggled a bit, i think that this choice was a good one for your voice, as t-boz and you have similar voices. I would be careful with how you present the lyrics, but other than that i think that you did a really nice job"

Fritzy - "I love the song, I don't love this rendition of it. I really wish I could give critiques that would explain why I didn't like it and also point out the positives of the performance, but alas, it's not happening this week. Stylistically, I just wasn't a fan"

Kkoster - "I think you have a nice voice, and this was solid, however on a few nights it was shaky as well as the song being boring. Still a good vocal."

Tolis - "I feel like this got away from you a bit. I feel like you were sharp at times. Definitely a step in the right direction, but you still need to put in more work to develop really solid performance. The rap went pretty well."
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up was Zach3051 singing Elton John's Circle of Life

http://www.soundcloud.com/zach-driscoll-1/the-circle-of-life-the-lion

Fritzy - "LOL, I could help but laugh at the intro even though you sounded just fine. I'd be lying if I said it didn't come off a bit awkwardly for the first stretch of the song. I could tell you were pressed for time, but I still adore your voice, and I really enjoyed the second half of the performance."

Kkoster - "I think this was nice vocally, it was simple and you didn't push anything over your limits, which was a good choice, very nice vocal. Make sure piano doesn't overpower you, but still good"

Tolis - "I appreciate the attempt at the swahili, but the lyrics weren't correct. Loved that you actually included it, but gotta get those lyrics right hun. I think this might have been your strongest vocal I've heard from you to date. Just gotta be careful the piano doesn't overpower you. Couldn't really hear you in some portions of the verses. "

Anthony - "Every week, you cease to amaze me with your beautiful ability to interpret songs. I think that you did a tremendous job on such a difficult song."
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up was WeAreAllWitnesses rendition of Backstreet Boys' I Want It That Way

http://www.soundcloud.com/weareallwitnessea/i-want-it-that-way-backstreet

Kkoster - " I love your voice, but this week was a rough one for you, your voice was shaky, and it was off. It was ecent but it could have been much better."

Tolis - "This song did not suit you hun. I think for the most part you were sharp and made it a bit awkward. Other portions you were flat and didn't reach the notes you were going for. Overall with boy bands and any group song it's hard to turn it into a solo song because of the varying melodies and harmonies. Tough song choice and made you struggle this week"

Anthony - "such a youthful voice, i think that your soft voice is so endearing, i think that you have potential to grow as a performer because your tone is so lovely."

Fritzy - "A bit of a step back from your other performances. Not the easiest song to pull off, but yeah, there were some parts that were rough. I think you struggled a bit when you went up."
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Following was Ados707 performing Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More Time

http://www.soundcloud.com/ados707/tgidolwk1

Tolis - "Aidan you really need to calm down with the usage of vibratto. You definitely worked on it with the long notes, but I feel like every small hold had vibratto. Also be careful on overstylizing a song from the beginning of the song until the end. I think the overall note for you would be "less is more" . Also... the lyrics are "cause I need to know now WHAT WE'VE GOT" ... it's a common error people make, don't let that get you down."

Anthony - "very theatre esqe, i think that you performed the song rather well, you flipped it which can be a good or bad, i'm impartial with that. i think that it was a nice vocal, just be careful because some notes sounded a bit like a shreak."

Fritzy - "I was a bit concerned right when you started and recognized it from the first word (I shit you not), but I enjoyed it! Fantastic cover, Slaydos. Though, I expect Tolis to dispute the lyrics at one part (AND I AGREE WITH HIM)."

KKoster - "I liked the enterpretation of the song, the vocals were also on point and spot on with pitch, but the repetitiveness of your long dragged out notes is beginning to bother me. Either way it was nice."
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Dragotistic was the last person who performed on time with his redition of REM's Losing My Religion

http://www.soundcloud.com/dannydrago/l

Anthony - "your tone is once again very pleasent, i think that it was a really good performance just be careful with the pitch and you'll be golden."

Fritzy - "I think what I'm missing from your performances is emotional connection. It wasn't a poor vocal by any means, but I wasn't particularly moved."

Kkoster - "I loved your rendition of Too Close, I think your pitch is improving, but this performance was a let down, I think their were nice parts, but it became a little shouty, and it sounded off. I think you can perform really strong, but this was just ok."

Tolis - "Drago hun, you are kinda suffering from the opposite of Aidan. Holding out each note without any inflection change in your note made some of them fall a little flat by the end of each and made it seem a bit monotone. I think you know the song well and were confident with everything you were doing, I just don't think it was the right fit for you. Overall it was a good performance though. It also seemed like you were holding back a little when it came to stuff that needed a lot more vocal support. Don't know if you didn't want people to hear you recording, but that's what it kinda seemed like"
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Our first late performance came from Owlb0ned performing Natalie Imbruglia's Torn

http://www.soundcloud.com/jessjessjess69/sounds-from-monday-morning

Fritzy - "The beginning felt a bit clunky to me, but it improved as the song went on. Solid."

kkoster - "Much better than the past few performances, and you sontrolled your notes better, but you still sounded off at a few parts, Watch getting shouty on notes, and keep getting better"

Tolis - "Once I saw the song choice I was worried fro you since a lot of people have struggled with this song in the past. This was one of the better versions of the song we've heard in this competition. Just got be careful with the higher notes that you aren't getting too shouty. At times it seemed like you might have forgotten to sing and caused you to go sharp. Lost your tempo a couple time, but recovered relatively quickly. I feel like you rushed to put this together and this was probably the main cause of your problems. Also the ending seemed to get really far away from you. You have the strengths to pull the songs off, just need to not rush to get a recording in! "

Anthony - "a few moments were sharp,  especially in the chorus, be careful with your pitch... i feel the passion with your performances just please work on the pitch"
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Our last performer was Snowflake3 performing No Doubt's Don't Speak

http://www.soundcloud.com/snowflake3-2/dont-speak-2

Kkoster - "I think you have improved alot from your audition, and I liked this performance, I think you have a unique tone, and you were on pitch, it wasn't perfect, but it was still nice. You keep stepping up, if your gonna do runs, make sure their strong, but other than that it was nice."

Tolis - "This was a bit rough. The song seems easy, but it's really tricky and it seemed to really trip you up in parts. From falling a bit flat to just losing the melody, it seemed like you were not as comfortable with this song as you have been with the other pieces we've heard from you this season"

Anthony - "be careful with going flat, a few moments you were flat as you dragged the notes. I think the performance was pretty good, but i didn't  feel anything with such an emotional piece. I would recommend you to think of sad things when you sing as it can make your performances more believable."

Fritzy - "A step back from your last two performances, as I didn't get the same vibe I got from those on this."
3628 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Standings for the week:

T1        -        2.75        -        Ados707
T1        -        2.75        -        DraevynWraithe
T1        -        2.75        -        SparkleSara
T1        -        2.75        -        Zach3051
05        -        4.75        -        Jogon
06        -        8.00        -        77sparks77
07        -        8.50        -        JamieN8954
08        -        8.75        -        WeAreAllWitnesses
09        -        9.25        -        Dragotistic
--------------------------------------------------------------Up for Elimination
T10        -        9.50        -        MrPokeGuy9
T10        -        9.50 (+1 Penalty)        -        Owlb0ned
-------------------------------------------------------------- Automatically Eliminated by Judges
12        -        10.75 (+1 penalty)        -        Snowflake3

Here is the link to the poll:

http://www.tengaged.com/group/2301/poll/tengaged-karaoke-idol-11-11th-place-vote-eliminate-107212

Poll will be open for approx 24 hours (11:59 PM EDT). DO NOT SPAM YOUR OPPONENT OUT! If you spam someone out, you will incur a penalty onto your percentage. (Hence why it's vote to evict so you can't spam to stay). If you decide to send your link to people, make sure you mention that they should listen before voting.

I'm sorry snowflake but your run in Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 11 has come to an end. Please don't let this discourage you from continuing to practice. The judges have left some good feedback and I hope you keep it in mind when auditioning for stuff!
3628 days 10 hours ago
dragotistic
omg thank you guys for putting me through!
3628 days 10 hours ago
JamieN8954
Thanks judges for the comments. I probs would have done better, but I changed my songnat the last minute. I was originally going to do Ice Ice Baby, but I kept screwing up parts of the song.

As you could probably tell, the 90s is not my strongest, hope to do better when we do musicals :)

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!