This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

T(k)I 12: The Top 10 sing the Top 10

Topic » T(k)I 12: The Top 10 sing the..

3440 days 8 hours ago
TolisKalkas
It's time to begin narrowing down the field from 10 to 8.
3440 days 8 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Alrighty so let's get into today's show!
3440 days 8 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Starting us off tonight from #TeamSixteenSeventeen is 77sparks77 and his performance of Lorde "Royals"

http://www.soundcloud.com/77sparks77/royals-sick-singing-three

Reaction:

TGM - This song did definitely not suit your voice at all. I didn't really like it because your voice was very exposed during it and Lorde sounds so serene and on point when she sings it and you just kinda paled in comparison. I appreciate you are trying but this is not really up to it when compared to some of the other competitors this year, it's a very tight and tough competition, and you gotta just have that little bit more. You can hit the notes pretty ok, but you have to work on that tone probably. You definitely stepped it up a bit from last week, but you still have a way to go.

Pok3rf4ce - Part of me was hoping you’d sing a Coldplay song, I personally thought they would have been a good choice for you this week. I think that you performed well with the song you chose, although I can hear your voice struggling on some of the long notes, particularly at the end of the song (I am taking the fact you have been unwell into account in my rankings; I’ve had to submit songs on TI after bouts of laryngitis and chest infections so I applaud your determination). Technically, you were pretty much on pitch and in key so I commend you for that, but I do feel that you’re falling into the trap of choosing the wrong song each week.

Kkoster - I like your voice, and you sang on pitch, as well as on tempo, but I found the song very karaoke, and bland I think you could of changed it up a bit to make it yours, but it wasn't in any way bad. Solid job!

Dudetb - Well I love that you have the sass down in this song. The best part is that the sass doesn’t take away from your voice. I just wish that you would put all personal feelings about the song’s lyrics aside, because next week, if you do make it, we both know which song I’m giving you, even if you don’t like the meaning. Laughs Manically.
3440 days 8 hours ago
dragotistic
woo
3440 days 8 hours ago
dragotistic
*claps for Sparks*
3440 days 8 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up is Krrais from team #TeamTwentyandOver singing Keane "Somewhere Only We Know" which was covered and charted in 2014 by Lily Allen.

https://soundcloud.com/krrais/somewhere-only-we-know-1

Reactions:

Dudetb - First off I have to unfortunately ignore your song choise hardship and solely focus on this performance. Krais in my opinion this is nice and sweet, it wasn't all out amazing as I think your voice has the potential to be, but none the less enjoyable. I look forward to hearing you next week.

Kkoster - One of my favorite voices in this competition! The reason being you can sing almost any style of music, and make it pretty, and nice to listen to. Although I feel it could have been a little less shaky it was still a really nice listen. Great job!

TGM - I am a huge fan of yours, and I still like your tone, but I think this song was not your best at all. This song also exposed your need to sort out some phrasing issues. You do sound very fragile and pretty in many parts of this song, But i'm not hearing much range in your vocal. This is not your best. It's a strong week and I think you need to be more careful with songs you pick, and really work on those phrasing issues. You are a good singer though!

Pok3r - Standing ovation! This has been the theme from Hell for us, Krisna! First, that evil Gohan stole our song choice for you, and then I messed up and forgot that Pompeii was already used this season, so in the end I made the executive decision to use your first take of Somewhere Only We Know by Lily Allen. You sung it brilliantly and your passion came through in every note. Your range was superb and you absolutely deserve to be in this competition. I hope that the judges see that. *gets the audience whooping and cheering*
3440 days 8 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up we have #TeamFifteenandUnder and 01Gohan singing Passenger's "Let Her Go"

https://soundcloud.com/alexgohan/let-her-go-cover

Reactions

TGM -  I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised by you this week. I'm not a big fan of this song because it is a busker's favourite and I've heard quite enough of those. I felt a little variation and emotion in your voice. You shouldn't have tried the high bits at the end though. Not bad! A definite improvement well done you! (clap)

Dude - That was a really fun listen. Whenever I hear let her go I think, “ohh this is way to safe,” but you were very dynamic with it. There weren’t many off parts and you at many times sounded like passenger. The only problem is that everyone this week is just doing so good, so there are no guarantees, but I none the less think that you are a lock for the final 8.

Pok3r - This was so much better than last week! Your vocals were a lot more confident and for the most part you were in key and on time with the backing track. There was a slight issue with your mic at the beginning but I’ll overlook that – technical issues affect everyone. To carry on improving, I suggest you work on stamina when singing; the latter part of the song went very pitchy and the falsetto was not needed at all. You should be really proud of this performance, you’ve improved dramatically.

kkoster -  Yess! Compared to your last three performances this was amazing! It was a huge step from last week too pitch wise, and vocally as a whole. I mean you stayed on tempo, on  pitch (for the most part), and you made me smile. The only thin that couls of been done better was the high note. Considering it didn't fit in and made the ending feel a little off. Other than that this was performance was great! Well done!
3440 days 8 hours ago
Tundra
:) YAY at mainly good feedback guys
3440 days 8 hours ago
kkoster001
Everyone was so good this week!
3440 days 8 hours ago
Tundra
lol
3440 days 8 hours ago
EternalBlossom
lol i didnt know it was here
3440 days 8 hours ago
Tundra
right!
3440 days 8 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Wrapping up the first performances from each group is Mat123 from #TeamEighteenNineteen singing "Changin" by Sigma featuring Paloma Faith

https://soundcloud.com/martyn-21/changing

Reactions:

kkoster - Well done! Compared to last week I think this was a little less star-striking. However I think you still did a really nice job, and I am proud of you. make sure to not go flat in future performances though, and hold onto that energy. Nice work

pok3r - You admitted that this song was different to what you were used to and you felt weird not having your piano and instead you used a backing track; and to be honest I heard it in your vocals. You weren’t giving it 100%... at most I would say you were giving it 75%. Listen to me – you should thank your mentor because this song choice was sheer perfection; your tone goes brilliantly with the song and even the oh oh oh’s in the bridge were on point and in key. You just need to work on your confidence, Martyn!

Dude - Mat I’m actually a little angry at you. I really don’t like it when a front runner comes on stage and trashes himself and calls himself horrible, especially when, and I’m sure I’m gonna catch heat for this, in my opinion it was one of the top 3 performances of the night. This was by far not the worst thing you have submitted all season let alone your worst performance ever. In my opinion, it was really good and I love that you took my advice and took a risk. You’re one of the only 3 people tonight who in all honesty should be feeling safe.

TGM - You are so downbeat this week, and I don't like it. Negative attitudes breed negative results. I did like your vocal and your performance, I did say it needed a bit more energy in the chorus, but on the whole you sounded again very professional and on point. You ended it really well too!
3440 days 8 hours ago
EternalBlossom
so scared
3440 days 8 hours ago
dragotistic
same
3440 days 8 hours ago
Tundra
lets make this 2 pages y'all

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!