This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TI12: The Top 7: Behind-the-scenes

Topic » TI12: The Top 7:..

3410 days 2 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Alrighty time to start our double submission weeks! For the weeks leading up to the finale you will be required to submit 2 recordings, 1 for each theme. This week's themes are as follows:

Country Songs (no that doesn't mean folk...) straight up country jams. This is the "US" theme for the week.

British Invasion - songs from British artists. This is the "GB" theme for the week.

Going to the roots of most of our remaining contestants.

After the judges have ranked, the two lowest ranked contestants will be facing the public in a poll. After all is said and done, only 6 of you will remain....well that's what NORMALLY would happen. But there is a twist...
Over the next 2 weeks, there might be a double elimination. None of the mentors know what will activate the double elimination and only one other person knows what will activate the double elimination. The double elimination twist will be revealed if it is activated. If it isn't activated, the twist will remain in the vault for future use.

The deadline to post your pieces in THIS THREAD is SUNDAY, November 30th at 11:59PM EST. You are the contestant so YOU will be posting YOUR songs in this thread, NOT your mentor. If you are banned, you can skype it to me and I will post it for you. Any songs posted by your mentor will not be counted.
3410 days 1 hour ago
Tundra
Over the next 2 weeks, there might be a double elimination. None of the mentors know what will activate the double elimination and only one other person knows what will activate the double elimination. The double elimination twist will be revealed if it is activated. If it isn't activated, the twist will remain in the vault for future use.

Well thats not scary... pssshhh
3409 days 16 hours ago
Carlisle
Yikes country is the scariest part :p
3409 days 13 hours ago
Mat123
Another double!?!?! oh no!
3406 days 20 hours ago
americanidolfan
Hi guys,

As you may or may not remember from last week I was having throat issues and therefore had to submit my first recording of my song. On Sunday evening the condition worsened and on Monday I was diagnosed with a throat condition. Docs say it should be fine in a week, maybe two but this condition has caused my singing voice to disappear for the time being. It is slowly coming back but I have no range still which is incredibly frustrating.

I spoke to Tolis and my mentor about this and they both told me to rest my voice and not use it to record if I am having throat problems as I could do myself more harm. I thank them both for their kind words. I told Tolis that I recorded a few songs prior to my throat issue and one of these fits one of the themes so he says I am able to post that one this week and be judged from that (it is from a British artist). However, I am unable to submit a country song and Tolis informs me that unfortunately when this theme is judged I will be auto-last, which is completely understandable as these things happen and people do get ill.

I realise this will probably mean I am in the bottom two this week and if by some miracle I do continue on till next week I will continue to rest my voice and hopefully be ok to submit two songs next week :)

Best of luck to everyone else this week. Every week I am blown away by the talent from the other performers and the support from the judges.

Here's my submission:

Against All Odds - Phil Collins

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/against-all-odds
3406 days 15 hours ago
EternalBlossom
GL love :( Get well soon!
3406 days 10 hours ago
americanidolfan
I had planned to sing 'ring of fire' by Johnny Cash as my country song this week. I have spent a lot of the evening trying the song out but my voice is still really weak and I can't reach any of the notes in the chorus which is normally well within my range. Best of luck to everyone.
3406 days 2 hours ago
Mat123
Ahwhwh no, americanidolfan :( Really hope you get better soon!
3405 days 17 hours ago
forevermissprice
Dagger eyes at those singing Carrie Underwood, I'm watching yewww
3405 days 17 hours ago
Mat123
:O I'm doing a Carrie Underwood song....

*runs away from forevermissprice*
3405 days 16 hours ago
forevermissprice
Nono, you were blown away by me am I rite, no pun intended
3405 days 15 hours ago
Mat123
You're so right its left babe
3405 days 15 hours ago
Mat123
Okay.....so....Country vs Brit Invasion week, eeek! 

First song - the country one. As I live in the UK, I never really hear much about country music, other than Taylor Swift (well, the old Taylor). So this was a tricky theme for me. I wanted to try and do something with the track, and make it seem like my style...so i wanted to take a country song and turn into something that makes it recognisably me. So I chose to sing 'Blown Away' by Carrie Underwood this week. It's a HUGE song with so much importance on the vocals. I've changed it up, though. I've stripped it down so it's just sung with piano to make it my own style, whilst honouring the original melody. (Side note....looking through country songs this week, I didn't realise just how absolutely brilliantly talented most of the country artists are)

So here it is: https://soundcloud.com/martyn-macpherson/blown-away

Now for the Brit Invasion song...

So...my thing is obviously stripped back, vocal-based songs. So, since I did one of them already this week - and have done a few before - I have chosen a song that I don't think anyone would be expecting from me. I have decided on 'Collide' by Leona Lewis. Leona is one of my biggest inspirations. She's THE VOICE really, nobody else comes close for me, so this is risky. This is a big track. I've used a full production backing track with backing singers - the first time I've done anything like this in any TI competition. It's a very dance/club-like song so its a big big big risk for me to try, so im really really hoping this works.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/mat123/collide

Dude's comments about me being "top 4, but nothing more" really stuck with me this week, so hopefully me doing two risks this week shows that I really do want to do well. I've given it my all!

Ahh, im so nervous!

Good luck everyone! You're all amazing!
3405 days 4 hours ago
Carlisle
I think this was the most challenging week so far; country is soooo far out of my comfort zone (I've literally never listened to any country music aside from the odd Carrie Underwood sesh) so I had to basically learn an entire song and I tried multiple but none seemed to really work for me.

For the UK theme I went for:
Gabrielle Aplin - The Power Of Love
https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/the-power-of-love

For the USA/Country theme I went for:
Shania Twain - You're Still The One
https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/youre-still-the-one

I know I'll be criticised for the USA one for being on too low of a key for the end of the first verse but I realise and I corrected it so I hope that the chorus/second verse can make you like it a bit more. :p

Good luck everybody! (And get better soon Americanidolfan :( )
3405 days 4 hours ago
EternalBlossom
This song I think was really good for me because I have been told in the past that my lower register was stronger than my higher. I love my piano, but this cover does not have it(since it was a country song obvi) so I was scared but I think I pulled this off. I really like this song, it isn't piano for once, and i hope you guys enjoy :)

Country song: https://soundcloud.com/ayiannamadison/bdt-2

I really like this song, I love Jessie J and I know the song so it was perfect for me this week. I had a hard time picking a song out, but Jessie J came in my mind at the last second so I was excited. Enjoyyy <3
British Invasion song: https://soundcloud.com/ayiannamadison/price-tag-4

Sorry for my lame paragraphs, I didn't know what to say.

I'm nervous for this week, but I gotta keep my head up!

GL lovelies, ya'll make me nervous
3405 days 2 hours ago
Tundra
I'm super disappointed with myself this week.... I was sick this week and part of last week and on top of that was super busy with Thanksgiving. I'm sorry for presenting these two songs :(     I hope you enjoy them though ugh...

My first song is I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack) : I chose it to show I still have power in my voice and I think the meaning of it is extraordinary... I used to listen to it as a kid back in the day LOL

https://soundcloud.com/tundratz/i-hope-you-dance-3

My Second Song is One and Only (Adele) : This was like the first song I learned on the piano. I love the blunt meaning of it and its melody is beautiful. Vocally it shows all sides of my voice on a dynamic standpoint

https://soundcloud.com/tundratz/one-and-only-1

Enjoy :)  And gl to everyone else you sound GREAT!!! :)

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!