This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TI12: The Final 4: Behind-the-scenes

Topic » TI12: The Final 4:..

3423 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Triple submission week.... well by week I mean more like 2 and a half weeks.

Theme #1: Viewer's choice.
Tomorrow I will post a blog asking for suggestions. Then the day after we will have a poll (maybe two depending on the number of suggestions) to narrow down the viewer's choice submission.

Theme #2: a "Your Choice" option
Tomorrow you will receive a mail with a couple theme options and description. You will rank the themes for the "your choice" theme decision. Also announced Friday (hopefully)

Theme #3: Winner's Single
What would your winner's single be. This should be the best performance you will deliver the entire season.

Due dates:
As or right now to keep the 11:59 PM EST theme, the due dates are as follows:
Theme #1 December 26th
Theme #2 December 27th
Theme #3 December 28th

more information will come tomorrow.
3423 days 14 hours ago
Tundra
So are we the finale??
3423 days 13 hours ago
Mat123
Looks like it!

AHH!

Good luck you three! You're so good all of you!

Also well done to Kkoster for having TWO acts in the final!
3423 days 13 hours ago
EternalBlossom
GL guys. Thanks soo much to my mentor for helping me through all of this AND everyone who voted in the poll. :*
3423 days 13 hours ago
Tundra
OMG GUYS THESE WEEKS ARE GONNA BE SO MUCH FUN AND SCARY!! GL GUYS :DDDD
3423 days 13 hours ago
01Gohan
God I'm so glad we get a long time to do this.
I currently can't speak at all. I think Idol gave me whatever he had through the interwebs because I can't speak to the point that my own natural voice comes out as just breath. I have to go about four notes lower to actually be able to produce a sound.
3423 days 5 hours ago
kkoster001
Congratulations to all of you for making it! Each week you all did so amazing! I know each and every one of you has a great chance at this win too! :) :D
3422 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Yea I figured with people ending off the scholastic year, and the process for the viewer's choice, giving you guys 2 and a half week would work.

So starting off, I did not have time today to plan and type everything out, so we will have to postpone the viewer's choice blog for tomorrow.

You will be receiving the "Your Choice" option mailer shortly
3419 days 13 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Also... Option 3 won the Your Choice selection:

So your holiday music piece (to promote and will not be judged, ranked, or voted) will be due on December 23rd at 11:00 pm EST.

The second finale theme (due December 27th) is "Redux." So taking the suggestions from the judges, you will work with your mentor (and/or me... preferably/hopefully you include me because I feel like I haven't done much with yall this season) to redo a piece you've done and improve on your past performance.
3416 days 10 hours ago
TheGoodMan
I won't be spamming, because spamming is fucking stupid.
3415 days 21 hours ago
Mat123
Right....

I just wanted to kinda say some things after being branded arrogant by a judge.

Yes, I may be very hard surfaced and out there compared to the timid characters that enter these competitions. But please, please, please, dont mistake that for arrogance and confidence.

I was very close to quitting because I was so embarrassed by how bad I was one week. I was genuinely panicking so much over submitting something that I knew was just absolute crap. I have 0 confidence in real life. I have 0 belief that I am a good singer. I honestly dont ever for one second thing im great at anything, and it's upset me a lot that people seem to think im arrogant or nasty or whatever. Every single person in this competition I think is much better than me, and dont for one second put myself above any of you.

I am shocked every single week by how good i do in the rankings and how good the comments i get are. I get that I struggle to get emotional in songs, and thats because im so used to not showing my emotions and weakness or whatever. It's something I do struggle with and I do accept that I need to improve on that, and have always admitted and accepted the comments about my emotionless songs. I dont for one second shrug off anyones critiques on my singing and every week take them very personally and try to improve every single week. I think its very unfair to say I have problems with any critiques on my singing given to me by any judge as I have never said anything bad about the comments about my singing.

What I will stand up for and will take offence to is when my personality is brought into things. I'm not an arrogant person, im the complete opposite. I dont buy certain things because I worry too much about what people think, I dont go out with friends because im worried i wont look good enough and so on. For someone to say Im arrogant, especially someone who doesnt know me, it really does upset me.

I just want everyone to know that...I dont ever, for one second, think I am better than anyone here. You're all brilliant. I am constantly surprised and wowed by performances given by all of you. You all have a great talent and should use your talent. I KNOW I will be 4th. I have said to Tolis since week 1 that I know I will be out first in the final. My goal was never to win, it was to just make the final. I know I wont win, anyone who assumes I think I will is silly - I have done 3 of these things and have made the final each time but never won. Why the hell would I think it would be different now? Especially with this level of talent.

So please, I may get defensive when my personality is attacked, especially when things are said about me that aren't true, but do not mistake that for arrogance or cockiness. Im the complete opposite. I actually WISH i had more confidence in myself as I would be a lot happier.

Anyway, sorry for the wee essay here.

Good luck to everyone in the final. You're brilliantly talented, awesome people.

Thanks for this experience.
3415 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
If I see one more fuckin piece of drama or have to deal with one more piece of shit from anybody, I'm cancelling this season... and yes... I will fuckin cancel this season right before the finale if I have to deal with one more issue of this petty bullshit.
3415 days 21 hours ago
Mat123
^ LOL at me just posting something 2 SECONDS before you.
3415 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Actually fuck it... if anyone starts any more petty drama I'm not cancelling this season, but the entire team will be penalized.... that is if a current coach or contestant starts shit up, the entire team will be penalized in the finale... and polls will close early to put an end to this horrid mess.
3415 days 20 hours ago
dudetb3
understood. for tundra i shall keep my mouth shut
3415 days 19 hours ago
TheGoodMan
This is like what happened to Misha B when Louis called her a bully in XFUK 2011

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!