This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 13 Mentor/Judge Application (Deadline 1/30/15 11:59 PM EST)

Topic » Season 13 Mentor/Judge..

3372 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Name:
Location (Country is acceptable):
Why do you want to be a judge?
What makes you think you will be a good judge?
What kind of judge will you be?
What kind of music do you like?
Do you have any theme suggestions?
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week?
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?

Part 2 will be sent later this week in mails (Part 2 is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the judge selection)
3372 days 7 hours ago
kkoster001
Name:  kkoster001

Location (Country is acceptable): USA

Why do you want to be a judge? Because done it before, I think I have a Bette understanding of what to look for and point out to help others sing Bettre. And i love it as well.

What makes you think you will be a good judge? My past experience, and way of wording rhings, as I always make things constructive.

What kind of judge will you be? I'll push you to do your best, and make you word hard, but I'll never put you down, and I'll make this journey fun.

What kind of music do you like? I like all types of music.

Do you have any theme suggestions? Acoustic week, Acapella Week, Indie Week.

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes.

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any day really.
3372 days 7 hours ago
kkoster001
(Better* my phone is ridiculous)
3372 days 6 hours ago
lamontlamar1998
Name: Montë Marlo ( Lamont Lamar is real name)
Location (Country is acceptable): Philadelphia, Pa United States
Why do you want to be a judge? I want to judge in this group specifically because I see this group as a group that not only has potential to bring singers around Tengaged together but can hopefully give them the confidence to branch out in the real world. I have personally some type of bond with judging and mentoring because in the real world that's what I do in school. I'm a mentor in National Honor Society and every some months we use our best of abilities to choose people that have such talent that we believe strong has what it takes to make the world a better place. Judging is not something you just apply for just to do. I believe that you have to have that passion to use all senses and your gut feeling to keep the strong and make the weak stronger.

What makes you think you will be a good judge? I have alot of experience with hosting and judging people in music and seeing their point and view in all the songs they sing. Giving them feed back to keep striving to become better.
What kind of judge will you be?I What kind of music do you like? I'm that type of judge that will give you the feed a you need that might hurt once or twice but its only make it clearer to them that without it they would keep doing the same thing back to back. I'm not one to have favorites because I like to see what everyone has to offer. Plus one week my "Favorite" might have done bad and someone stepped it up most likely I would rather see the person who stepped it up make it.
Do you have any theme suggestions? Umm not sure why you asking for but if you could some type of twist in their that would make me even nervous that would make my day.
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Oh definitely if you choose me to be a judge/mentor I will make it my duty to give lengthy messages and comments
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any day is fine with me but most active around 4-11pm Est and if you want and live in United States you can have my number just message me

Part 2 will be sent later this week in mails (Part 2 is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the judge selection) okay thxs for your time
3371 days 21 hours ago
VintagePoop
Name: Jordan
Location (Country is acceptable): United States

Why do you want to be a judge? I want to be a judge because I have grown up listening to music. I'll be able to know what needs to be done to improve someone's voice to bring them to the end. Being a coach/judge isn't just about improving, its about connecting with the artist and letting them know that you're going to be there for them.

What makes you think you will be a good judge? I think I will be a good judge simply because again, I grew up around music. I know how things should be, and I know that times the artist might feel defeated, or really cocky, and those are two things that you can't be when you're in this type of competition.

What kind of judge will you be? I will be an honest judge. I'm not going to say, "Oh that was great." when the piece wasn't the best. If something needs to be done, I'll say it.
What kind of music do you like? I like Pop, Alternative, Dance, Hip Hop.
Do you have any theme suggestions? One theme that I've been dying to see from a voice competition is a duet type theme. It would really bring in to contrast the voices of this competition.
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Of course I will :)
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any day that I'm online (Which is quite often)
3371 days 20 hours ago
Duffybutt11
Name: Bubba G.
Location (Country is acceptable): Tennessee
Why do you want to be a judge? I'm very passionate about music and would love to judge!!
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I have had a lot of experience and think I would be good!!
What kind of judge will you be? Brutally honest!!
What kind of music do you like? Contemporary, classic rock, show tunes, and pop
Do you have any theme suggestions? Music of the world!!
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes!
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any day! (Probs best on weekends tho)

Part 2 will be sent later this week in mails (Part 2 is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the judge selection)
3371 days 19 hours ago
dudetb3
Name: Tyler Aizen
Location (Country is acceptable): NY, USA
Why do you want to be a judge? Honestly I have been toying with this for the last couple of weeks, but honestly, I kind of want to redeem myself for the nastiness that I acted last season. I was involved with way too much drama and I said somethings in my comments that went too far. I know some of you are probaly reading this thinking "you have to be kidding me," but to be honest I really want to do things the right way this year. No drama, no over the top critiques, just plain out helping the contestants and making them better singers while having fun doing it, which (fun) is something that I kind of prevented last season.

What makes you think you will be a good judge: I may have done a lot of things last season that I regret, but I honestly don't think anyone could question my honesty when submitting my ratings. Generally  two  of the acts that I had on the bottom 3 (whether they included my team or not) was the bottom 2. Also, the acts that I generally placed at 1-3 where the top 3, which does mean that my opinion really did match and represent the public.

What kind of judge will you be?: Last season the words "brutally honest" didnt cover it. I was a stubborn, hurtful, jerk on the panel. While I will still be honest, this season if I am selected I will do it in a more helpful way, pointing out ways to improve rather than focusing on the negatives.

What kind of music do you like? I am honestly open to everything: Although I am a huge pop fan, one of my singers transformed several pop songs into indie acoustics, and another one of my singers was a major ballad singer. I can work with everything, but I would love to see someone like Fluer east who could sing and rap.

Do you have any theme suggestions? I loved the Eurovision theme and I really enjoyed the top 10 theme. Maybe we could have some themes from the real x-factor, like fright week, movie week, and Michael jackson week.

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Ill be able to post comments every day.

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Every day, I always make sure everything is on time.
3371 days 10 hours ago
zach3051
Name: Zach

Why do you want to be a judge? I have competed in two previous seasons and loved it! I did fairly well and I would love to judge! I also have a good amount of knowledge in singing from a classical and jazz standpoint and would love to people to help the contestants!

What makes you think you will be a good judge? I have a fairly large musical knowledge. I am also very critical and will not give the contestants too much slack. I will be brutally honest and I will try and give constructive criticism to each contestant to help them improve their musicality. I also have had experience in this competition before so I think that that will help me judge the performances better.

What kind of judge will you be? I will be like a Simon Cowell. I will be hard to please, but when they do impress me they feel amazing. I will be very hard to please. It takes a lot to get me on board, but I will always speak my mind and try to help out the contestants, but I will not sugar coat too much.

What kind of music do you like? I like all types of music! My favorite are jazz, punk, and classical.

Do you have any theme suggestions?  I think a jazz standard week would be cool (Maybe roaring 20s), a foreign language song would also be cool (not necessarily eurovision), Maybe even a classical week? I dont really know! I am up for anything!

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes! Definitely!

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?
I would be able to do this every day. There will be a day every once in a while when I am swamped, but not too often.

3371 days 8 hours ago
BBobsessor
Name: Ryder Anderson
Location (Country is acceptable): Miami, FL.

Why do you want to be a judge? Because I want to share knowledge and give my input for these competitors to learn and I would love to be with them side by side to watch them develop and to help them each week with my critiques and comments and it just leaves me with a warm feeling inside knowing that I helped them!

What makes you think you will be a good judge? I think I will be a good judge because I have experience judging these type of competitions here on Tengaged and I know a lot about the entertainment business since my girlfriend dances at STARS dance company here in Miami Florida. And the owners, Victor and Angel from Dance Moms: Miami actually represent me with all the work that me and my girlfriend do together. I have gotten the tough critiques and I have gotten the good calls as well, so I know what it is to take these people to the top of this competition.

What kind of judge will you be? I will be a judge that will be 100 percent fair to the contestants. I will not sugar coat anything that doesn't need to be. I will not lie to them, but I will tell them what they need to hear. If they need help, I am there for them even if I'm not their mentor, they could always come to me for advice. I am always available and I will definitely try to my best to help them in every shape, way and form.

What kind of music do you like? I like R&B and Hip-Hop music definitely. I used to dance Hip Hop so I guess I am kinda used to that type of music!

Do you have any theme suggestions? There could be A boy bands week, or a Girl Group week, or maybe A One Hit Wonder week! I don't know, just suggestions!

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes I will =)

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? I will be able to listen any day of the week, I am able to do all my comments on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays and probably weekends :)
3371 days 7 hours ago
Tundra
Name:  Ryan G

Why do you want to be a judge? I would like to be a judge because I have a lot to offer! Music is my LIFE! It is the reason I live and it is so important to me! Helping others improve as musicians with my musical knowledge is a dream and sharing I am so passionate about with others is perfect!

What makes you think you will be a good judge? I will be a good judge because my love for music and my musical knowledge will allow contestants to grow and be proud of themselves opposed to feeling embarrassed about joining. I will be a good judge because I will judge as how I see TI, a positive, fun, encouraging competition. Also I have the perspective of making it all the way to the finals in a recent season so I can relate and help the contestants deal with the pressure they may be under.

What kind of judge will you be? I love how everyone is saying brutally honest. I will be honest but not brutal. I believing something as intimate as singing deservers an encouraging, mentor-like approach. I plan as using my vast knowledge of music to tell a contestant where they can use help opposed to telling someone they did "horribly" Also, I will be a FAIR judge. Although, I have friends planning on competing in this season I have made it utterly clear that when I am judging you are a stranger to me. They all have understood which is lucky for me cause I will not compromise this at all. This competition is about music and as a judge I must judge music without the distraction of a friendship.

What kind of music do you like? I HAAAAATE THIS QUESTION! How can I say I love only one genre of music. I love legit everything! I listen to Jazz, Motown, Soul, Opera, Folk, Pop, Rap, Hip-Hop, Classical, Alternative! I just looove music. My roots however are Motown, Jazz and Soul. I could talk about music legit all day so I'll shut up before I get ahead of myself! LOL

Do you have any theme suggestions? Acapella Week, Secret Santa Week (Other contestants first other contestants with a gift of the song they'd be singing for the week), Original Week/Song Flip Week

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? YES! With a pleasure

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Every day, especially now because my schedule is much thinner. Therefore, I can make this my priority!

3369 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
Name: Johnny

Location (Country is acceptable): MA, USA

Why do you want to be a judge?: To give some people who are in your games a reality check. I mean I truly believe that the vast majority of the people who apply to this have this sincere thought that they really are gifted when it really isn't the case. I mean ok some people are decent singers but I mean you aren't god, you aren't amazing.

What makes you think you will be a good judge?: Tolis...We all know I wouldn't be a "good" judge. Just an honest one that puts people in their place. I'll likely bully people and make them want to stop singing forever if they suck which is really just my goal in life. Certain people shouldn't partake in games like these.

What kind of judge will you be?: Ruthless.

What kind of music do you like?: Female singers & trash would have to be my two favorites here but I think you already knew that.

Do you have any theme suggestions?: Ok so we take each contestant's best performance towards the end, and look at the genre...then we pick the polar opposite genre to make them sing in the next round. So like if they sang pop, then the next time they're getting opera...or something.

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week?: Shut up.

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?: Do I ever leave my computer anyways?
3367 days 14 hours ago
EyooMarcus
Name: Marucs
Location (Country is acceptable): Massachusetts
Why do you want to be a judge? i feel like all the other judges have been biased and inexperienced and i have a lot of experience in the music industry. Overall i make a great judge.
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I know talent when i hear it, i can tell when someone needs work on something and i make sure to get them to work on it.  Im honest and im not afraid to tell someone when they need to improve and how they can.
What kind of judge will you be? I would be more of the simon cowell type of judge. Knowing talent and knowing who has potential and telling the ones who are not good that they can get better but now will not be the time.
What kind of music do you like? r&b, pop, jazz, country, hiphop, all kinds.
Do you have any theme suggestions? Tengaged Game Songs ( you make your own song for the week about the struggles of one of the games such as (frookies crookies stars etc)
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any day
3366 days 21 hours ago
lamontlamar1998
Hope I made it and GL all
3365 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Apps extended 1 week (due to some personal stuff near the end of the week and the site being down yesterday)
3365 days 17 hours ago
dudetb3
Hope you're feeling good tolis
3365 days 16 hours ago
Tundra
Awwww ok Tolis!! Hope you get that personal stuff together < 3

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!