This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 13 Hollywood Week Day 3: Group 1

Topic » Season 13 Hollywood Week Day..

3343 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
This is where you will post your recordings and comments.

Deadline: Sunday March 1st 9:59 PM EST!

Mentor for Group 1: Zach3051
3343 days 19 hours ago
forevermissprice
Shit this group has some serious talent, le cries! Best of luck to my loves in group 1! :)
3343 days 19 hours ago
Tundra
Oh my gosh this week is getting real!!!! Gl everybody! Go group 1 :)
3343 days 12 hours ago
Marwane
Uh uh every1 here is good rip me :(
3342 days 22 hours ago
forevermissprice
I decided to sing Crazy by Patsy Cline not only because it's different but I've been trying to sing this song ever since I was little! My grandmother whom I'm named after would always get complimented because she sung exactly like Patsy! So I've been trying to nail this song forever and it's super hard but it really is a beautiful song! I did my best and I can only hope I did it justice! Yay story time with Jacquie haha okay here

https://soundcloud.com/forevermissprice/crazy-take-2
3339 days 7 hours ago
MrPokeguy9
here is my song it is Take Me To The River by Al Green, i tried taking on board all the notes that i was given last time, however it is still an acapella version because the karaoke versions just had terrible melodies and timing....just no

https://soundcloud.com/mrpokeguy9/take-me-to-the-river-tengaged
3339 days ago
danielc2384
Here is my cover of Iggy Fancy. Took all the constructive criticism on board and tried to watch my tone in the parts where I had to sing. Took a bit of a risk with all the singing...
https://soundcloud.com/danielc2384/fancy
3338 days 5 hours ago
spinfur
I decided to do a song in my vocal range i tried to use more energy and also this song i loved and i could sing it well so here it is
my cover of Over My Head (Cable Car) by The Fray

https://soundcloud.com/spinfur/over-my-head-cable-car-spinfur
3337 days 2 hours ago
Tundra
I decided to sing Shades of Cool by Lana Del Rey because I connect with the song on so many levels. This song is hauntingly beautiful and I hope you enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/tundratz/shades-of-cool-lana-del-rey
3336 days 23 hours ago
Daniel123456
3336 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
-late marker- anything posted after this will receive a -1 penalty per day
3333 days 2 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 1 Critiques

Daniel123456 - Once again, the oversinging came in. Tone it down a bit. It's very operatic and this song does not to be operatic at all. It made it feel awkward at parts.
DanielC2384 - What is up with the audio today… it seems like being overpowered by the music is a common theme today. Anyways, energywise you are selling it EVERY TIME! I think your vocals were weaker this week compared to last week though. Also don't be afraid to change it up and make it about you... I'm pretty sure you ain't I-G-G-Y, but you can be D-A-N-C. or DA-AN-NY-CEE. just saying
deshonBannedisback - Once again, this song is way too high for you and it was evident in that fact that the verses and the choruses were in different keys. It just made it uncomfortable. You have the potential to do well because you are connecting to the song, just not finding the right key for you.
Forevermissprice - My only note for you is to be careful you don't overload on vibratto. It seems like any semi-sustained note had vibratto added to it. You showed you could hold a sustained note without vibratto (and add it at the end) quite a bit, but just tone it back a slight bit on every little semi-sustained note.
Maya10 - It was a little hard to hear you. Overall though it was a decent performance but it was a little uncomfortably high for you. Like you did a good job with most of the high parts, but it still felt like you felt uncomfortable trying to keep it up that high. Song choice is vital for finding a balance in this.
MrPokeguy9 - Overall solid, but tone done the vocal acrobatics. Build them up, don't try to hit us with them from start to finish. It loses effectiveness if it's going on throughout the entire song
spinfur - Okay this is the opposite problem from some others… take a step back from the mic! You seemed very tired. It made for a lackluster performance and made you tone fall a little flat. Pick up the energy a bit!
Tundra - Solid performance. Great job keeping it up throughout the entire piece. But it was overall lackluster. Yes this was a great piece vocally and had that connection, but it didn't really stand out and will most likely be forgotten.
3333 days 2 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 2 Critiques

Daniel123456 - Well you did a decent job! Especially compared to your audition. However you sounded somewhat drunken, and the song was a little disjointed. I think if you worked on flow it could be a lot stronger. Still, I did enjoy this, and I found myself smiling a little for some reason. Well done!
DanielC2384 - I love your energy, I always have, and the cool thing, was the fact that your vocals throughout were actually pretty good. I mean, when you held out the notes they were strong, however when you sang the other notes it was a little weaker. But I do love you as a performer. You're one of the best in this competition in that sense! Great job!
deshonBannedisback - I think you did a very solid job in your performance! However you lacked power and the oomph, especially with a song like Jar Of Hearts, to put your performance on that next level. Plus you didn't change pitch throughout the song, and therefore it didn't relly go much of anywhere. Still you did sound very nice, and smooth while singing, as well as singing the runs well. Good job!
Forevermissprice - Work it! You have such a strong hold on your voice, as well as what you can sing, and every time you sing you amaze me more and more. This song for example sounds like it was made for you. And you sounded stellar in the runs, high notes, etc I mean, I can't ask for more from a performer. Wonderful job! Exceptional!
Maya10 - I like ow easily you hit high notes! I also have to say that this performance was so much better than last weeks performance in term of pitch, and overall appeal. However you need to enunciate if you really want to kill it! Still well done!
MrPokeguy9 - You have a really nice voice, and a good grip on your singing ability. However you tried to do too much with the runs, and you went off on some notes. Then when it came to the other notes you did well. Specifically in terms of your high notes, and your overall tone. You need a backing track though, or you won't have a shot! I know from experience!
spinfur - You have a voice that could be really strong, however song choice, and over attempting to do certain things really messed with this performance. There was just too much going on. You did sound vocally better than last time though. Welld one!
Tundra - Wow! Way to bring it back from your audition! I mean, this was just splendid. Well put together, stripped down, jazzy, and vocally smart. Honestly, I am kind of speechless at how much stronger this was than your audition! However, I still advise you to really make the song go somewhere. Do something really vocally crazy, or surprise me with a high note. You've got it in you, you need to go that extra mile, and you'll have a top seat each and every week.
3333 days 2 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 3's Critiques

Daniel123456 - Your voice is very theatrical sounding. I absolutely love it. I feel the words, I feel connected for some reason. It’s probably not your best, but I still like it. If you had to improve on one thing,  it would be your performance as it did slightly drag on by the end. So please work on that and your marks will fly up!
DanielC2384 - YESSSS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I honestly think this was absolutely brilliant. The other judges will most likely go on about how this is a Karaoke competition and that you need to sing - but I think that’s ridiculous. Karaoke isn’t specifically for singing, it’s for rap too. And you’re definitely the most memorable contestant to me. This was awesome!
deshonBannedisback -  I love this song. Yay! You actually did it very well. Please put the backing track a bit louder next time if you can please, because it was kinda hard to hear at some points at the start. You did go a bit pitchy too throughout - sometimes sharp and sometimes flat, but that will be easily fixed. Solid job
Forevermissprice - Brilliant song choice. It was unexpected. Your tone is so unique and enjoyable. You’ve probably got the strongest vocal in this group. I don’t think it was as good as your hollywood round, but this was still very strong. Well done!
Maya10 - I’m not sure the song particularly suited you. There was a lot of pitchy moments, and the music backing wasn’t loud enough. I can hear potential there, so I’m a bit disappointed with this.
MrPokeguy9 - Oh! I actually….i like this! The energy level is brilliant. The tone to your voice is so good too! I loved the little growls you had going on in there too! The high notes were brilliant too. Another very strong vocalist. Great job!
spinfur -  Im on the fence about it. Some parts sounded great, others didn’t. It was half and half really. I think you have a lot of potential so I think maybe this song choice wasn’t the best to show of your strengths, and the mic isn’t the best which is slightly off-putting.
Tundra - MY FAVOURITE LANA SONG. YES. YES. YES. This was awesome vocally. You hit the notes, your tone is superb, the vibrato is haunting, the song choice is brilliant. However, after about 90 seconds, it kinda dragged. This song is very instrumental dependent with the guitars, the rock elements, the build up and so on and I feel as though you kinda lost that with just the piano chords throughout the entire thing. It was nice, but that’s all. With that being said, this was probably THE stand out vocal of the night, I just want you to get the performance aspect up. If I could merge your vocals with Danielc2384’s performance skills, it would be perfect.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!