This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13: The Top 17 Perform

Topic » Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13:..

3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
This week's results will be different than the results from the rest of the season.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
We're keeping the format from the Audition phases with the every judge separately next week, we will change it up and have each person have their critiques along with their performance. Also, next week, we are introducing a twist for the first half of the season.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
My Critiques:

SilverShadow - I think this song was slightly too high for you. The falsetto was solid and the lower parts of the song were great as well. But when you tried to go high without the falsetto, you seemed to almost crack a couple times. This also happened a couple times when you jumped in and out of the falsetto. Performancewise, this was solid, I wish you could draw me in a little more with some more connection.
Rory17 - Being that you were working with the guitar, it was really hard to hear you throughout most of the song. There seemed to be a couple issues with intonation, but couldn't really get a good grasp on the vocals over the guitar. Interesting tempo change. I don't think this was your best effort
DanielC2384 - The song that was the primary for the mash-up was your weakest. You did great with starships  and Sexy and I know it, but anaconda just seemed to fall flat for me. Mostly the verses just did not sit well. Overall solid and fun as per usual!
MrPokeguy9 - The beginnging of each verse sucked me in, but the end of each verse made me take a step back. Everything up until the first "fever" in each verse was solid, but after that "fever," it seems like errors started to show. Keep up the good work
Forevermissprice - Vocals were solid, drew me in with your innocence, the mic change was a bit intense, but overall it was a great piece. Wish it had some backing track to draw me even more.
Tundra - I like how the trumpet set the mood to start. Overall a solid performance. The connection was there because you wrote it so you felt it and conveyed it. There were a couple vocal parts that seemed off, like the first "stabbed me with it" at 2:19. Like that in particular felt a little flat and I'm not sure if that was your intent.
Puressence - I needed a little more fun out of you with this song. Like it was a good performance, vocally it was good (there were a couple issues), and performance I was enjoying it, but I needed a little more playfulness
Superkevin79 - It seems like you started flat and just never recovered into the correct key. It also seemed like the key change didn't suit you and you dropped back down. I think you know you are better than this. Performance-wise I was solid.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
dragotistic - You started really solid, but as the song progressed, it seemed to start to get away from you. Make sure you keep that same momentum you have in the beginning throughout the song. It's hard with long drawn out songs, but you have to keep that momentum in order to have a well rounded performance.
EternalBlossom - Vocally it was good. I think the song choice though didn't suit you. Like it seems you were forced to keep pace with the song and the music was dragging you with it.
draevynwraithe - Classic country karaoke song. I think the song fit your style, but I think you attacked it too much. It's a sentimental love story and I don't think you quite hit that. The verse felt a little pointed in your tone.
Carsonworld - This was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. I wish there was a little more variety to the performance this way it doesn't get too repeatative.
Kingdomheartslover - I think you picked a song that you liked but doesn't fully suit you. The vocals were a little shakey and I think you were stuck in the front of your face making it sharp sounding. And it didn't seem like you committed to the song and were just singing it without meaning it.
TheExterminator4 - Overall solid. I wish there was a bit more. It was a little monotonous after a while. Vocals were good. You did scare me with the first note, but I'm glad you dropped it.
01Gohan - A solid performance from you, but with a song that's been done one too many times, it needs something to make it stand out and make it your own so that it's not too predictable.
TotalDramalover1234 - I understand the song choice, but there were still quite a few issues. Mostly intonation issues. I think this needed a bit more work in order to get to a final product. It seemed more like a rough draft to me.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
KKoster's critiques

SilverShadow - Your high notes are stellar! I mean, I am so jealous of that, considering I can't hit high notes to save my life. However I think you had some enunciation problems, and you sounded a little spitty. Other than that it was great. Just make sure to correct those things next time. Great job overall though!
Rory17 - I love your voice! However I think the lack of work affected you this week. I mean, you submitted your performance before the majority of contestants, when there was clearly more time to perfect it. Still, your tone worked with the song, and you gave some emotional airy notes, which I liked. However make sure you aren't going off pitch, or dropping notes. Other than that it was well performed!
DanielC2384 - I usually love your energy, and I still liked it. But something wasn't clicking with me, and I think it was just the overall re-write of the song. Of course there were parts that were great, but vocally you were a lot weaker this week than last week. If I were you, I would work on rap songs that have more singing because you do have a nice singing tone. Other than I don't really have any tips. Very fun!
MrPokeguy9 - I think your voice sounded very nice, and smooth in this song! I also liked that you stayed on pitch for the most part. The only thing I didn't like was that you got very very shouty, I mean ungodly shouty, and when you hit soem of your low notes they were off. I would do a song that is more calm next round for sure. Good job nonetheless!
Forevermissprice - Your voice is just magic! I mean, your pitch is almost always spot on, your runs are on point, and your twang is wonderful. The only thing I would comment on, is your vibrato. Because you don't always need to use so much, however the performance was just wonderful!
Tundra - I liked this a lot! I also loved how you showed diversity with the trumpet, to the piano. Not to mention your pitch was on, and so was your tone. Oh, and we can't forget those lyrics, I mean they were amazing! If I were you though, I would just watch that you can fully understand every word. Make sure to enunciate. Great job!
Puressence - I think you have one of the better voices in this competition. I think this song suited the best spots in your voice as well. I mean, it's like the song was made for you. Those high notes too, just wow! Sadly I feel some of your runs and low notes could of been a little bit better though. I am not saying the performancee was bad in any way, i'm just saying I think you could of done a little bit better. Solid work!
Superkevin79 - I think this was a solid performance! Which is good because for me, you haven't always given the strongest performances, but this was a step in the right direction. As for the positives, well they were you staying on pitch, and in time with the music. The negatives were that you didn't go anywhere with your voice. I mean, sure you sang louder and quieter, but you didn't change key or anything, and really make this performance go the extra mile.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
dragotistic - I  think this was a big step up from your last performance! You sang more on pitch this time. Plus you put more emotion in, and it was much more solid throughout. I also liked that you did something with the ntoes to take it to the next level. Way to improve! My only tip for you now, is that you work on breathing, because it well you sing more strongly. Good job!
EternalBlossom - You have a very soid voice ever since you've gotten to practicing singing, and it's very sweet. Your sound that is. For this song, I think that definitely worked in your favor. Plus you didn't have rasp issues, and you controlled your voice. Although I still feel you could of pushed a bit more. Either way, Well done! Keep it up!
draevynwraithe - You portray emotion really well! That's clear. However, you need to make sure you stay on pitch in every performance! I mean, you were on for the most part, but there were a few moments where ou went off. Other than that just make sure to change up your songs. You don't want them to all sound the same. Well done!
Carsonworld - I really liked this! I mean, you have a really nice tone, especially for this song, and although I haven't exactly been your biggest supporter throughout the competition, I think you won me over with this. I mean you showed so much more control which I liked. But still make sure you work to not sound quirky. Nice job!
Kingdomheartslover - I liked you during the first week, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable when you perform. Only because you seem to feel uncomfortable singing these songs. I mean, yes you do stay on pitch for the most part, but the songs don't go anywhere, and the runs can get sloppy. Stll I see potential if you work to perfect each performance! Make sure to not go flat as well. Nice job!
TheExterminator4 - You have an emotional tone! I love that about your voice too! Plus you stay on pitch, and sing from your heart! I also loved the message you were going for with the song, and I don't mind the few slips, simply because it helps show no one is perfect, and fits the song. Make sure to watch that you don't go flat in future performances though. I believe in you. Beautiful!
01Gohan - What a vocal! I mean, you really did kill it! You stayed on pitch, in key, and you even kept your vibrato controlled to the perfect point. However I think song choice will be your downfall if you do a song like this again. I mean, this song has been done more than any other song, and i'm honestly really done listening to it. Still, you did do a good job with it. Nicely done!
TotalDramalover1234 - The song held so much emotion, and I feel for the most part, you picked up on that. However you lost your pitch a few times, so watch for that. Otherwise you did well. Very solid, and pretty. Good work!
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Mat's Critiques:

SilverShadow - You. Are. The. Best. Singer. In. This. Competition. There is nobody close to you vocally. If I was the other contestants, I would be worried about you. Each week you’ve come out here and been one of the best. You keep showing new things (like the falsetto) whilst other great singers don’t bother to add anything to their performances and stay on the same level. Absolutely performance of the night. It’s memorable, it’s vocally superb, i feel emotion in it…you did everything perfectly. Each time the other contestants step up their game, you do it more. I’m completely wowed by you each time. Each week I do my comments on each performance, I always find myself looking forward to you and I always remember your previous performance. I should probably stop talking now, as I could go on and on and on about how brilliant you are.
Rory17 - My absolute favourite performance by you this far. I just love this completely, it’s also much easier to hear you this week (although I haven’t had any serious problems before). I REALLY want you to go back to a more rock-type sound as I think that is really missing in this competition, but good on you. Brilliant performance from you! 
DanielC2384 -  You are the best performer in this competition. Everyone else who continue to deliver boring, bland performances need to take a note from you. The energy you put into each performance completely surpasses every single other contestant. I honestly think if you’re not in this competition it will become a very boring place. You’re consistently a highlight of the show, and you will be each week. I love you
MrPokeguy9 -  I just love your tone. It’s instantly noticeable as you, it’s probably the nicest tone to listen to out of everyone this season. I think it’s just so soothing. I wasn’t entirely keen on the song choice, and you strayed off the melody at some points, but overall, i did enjoy this - one of my favourites form you.
Forevermissprice - Hmm. I didn’t like this…………..I loved it. I don’t normally like the acapella, but it totally worked with your voice for some reason. I love that your voice is like a country/pop cross-over singer. You’re improving each week and I think you’re in with a serious shot at winning this, i really do. I haven’t heard you have this much power in your voice before. It’s something I would want to go back and listen to (and have done 3 times). You kept the performance levels so high, and with it being acapella isn’t an easy thing to do. You just continue to amaze me, and I am so proud of you. Superb! 
Tundra - I absolutely LOVE that you did an original song! Finally someone has been brave enough to do that!! So props to you for that! Right...I think this is a step down from last weeks vocal, there was several moments when you went out of tune, and missed a few runs (more so towards the start of the song and a few times in the middle), and overall it didn’t really feel like one connected, flowing song - that doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s brilliant lyrically and it shows how talented you are to be able to do this - but I don’t feel like you’re going anywhere so far. I’m just waiting for some kind of moment - you had so many last season - but it just isn’t happening yet for some reason. Again, it’s just a samey performance that I won’t remember because there isn’t much performance element there.  You made it hard for yourself this week because, with the original, I was expecting loads of emotion in your voice, but I don’t think i got that. The trumpet part was cool, if a little random. Well done, though. Appreciate the original - please do some more throughout the competition! So good to hear those
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Puressence -  Finally, a song choice that isn’t completely predictable and dull! I loved the little runs you had going in the chorus! By far this is my favourite performance by you. You’ve finally done something I asked, which is absolutely great! Please please please keep this standard up because honestly, i loved this. Well done, Essence :)
Superkevin79 - Yay another Sara Bareilles song - I love her! Sadly, it’s not my favourite performance from you, but it’s still a really solid one. The verses were much stronger than the chorus, but I did feel like you connected with the song well, which helps loads. You should try and work on your higher register, because when you went up in your register, you went off more. Your lower notes are absolutely awesome, but the high ones, you lack control! Work on that, and you’ll do brilliantly! Good job! 
dragotistic - What a good, unpredictable song choice! I think this is by far your best performance in the competition, and I’m so happy for you, because I really think people will realise just how good you are with this. I felt the emotion, i just absolutely loved this. You’re improving so much each week, it’s just amazing to watch! Keep this up, you’re doing great!
EternalBlossom - YAS at the Natalia Kills reference!  I absolutely love this. So much. Your voice, Eternal, is just so beautiful. I have always loved it, and you continue to surprise me. You’re really showing the others in this competition that you’re not one to look over. You’re doing uptempo songs now too, which is another plus, instead of doing the same type of song over and over. You’re showing a lot of diversity, and I really really think you have a great shot at the title this season.
draevynwraithe - Yay, I’ve been waiting for you all night, you’re one of my favourites! I like this, I don’t love it. It’s not one of your best, but it’s still good. I always feel a great performance element from you, which is awesome. You always give it your all, and I appreciate that so much. The tone to your voice amazes me. Actually, I’ve listened again, and I do, actually, love it. I always remember your performances, so you’re doing something right! I just love that - and I know i say this every week - there is a male country singer in this competition. It’s been missing for so long, and your voice is so distinctly country and ugh, it just, my god. I love it. I love it. I love it. Well done, well done
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Carsonworld -  You deliver another solid performance. You’re probably one of the most consistent performers in this competition, you haven’t put in a boring, bad, off performance yet, and that’s great. I like your style, I always have a smile on my face listening to you. I think you’re going to appeal to the voters so much in this competition, so I expect to see you round here for a long time. Another great job, Carson! Keep it up!
Kingdomheartslover - OH wow! My favourite performance by you so far. I didn’t really expect it, actually. I can’t remember any of your previous songs, but I think I’ll remember this. Although, the chorus of this was out of tune, quite a bit, and you went a little nasal, but its still for me, my favourite by you. Well done! Keep up the improvement!
TheExterminator4 - You decided to do one of the hardest possible songs to sing, which isn’t a good thing………but I think you nailed it. It’s so much better than I was expecting when I heard the intro music. I love the reasons behind choosing this song you gave, and i really believe you told a story with this. I could feel the emotion in your voice and I could feel pain and ugh :( So sad, but so beautiful. It wasn’t the strongest vocal of the night, but it definitely gave out the most emotion. Wow. You’re brilliant.
01Gohan - I love this. Your voice sounds the best it has ever sounded, and i really really think you are a frontrunner in this competition. Your tone is so beautiful, it’s so soft and gentle and it adds so much emotion to songs like this! I honestly don’t know what else to say as this is just stunning. I’d go as far as saying this was my favourite of the night. 
TotalDramalover1234 - I love this song choice. It wasn’t a predictable one, and it really really fits the theme perfectly. My favourite song choice of the night. Your voice is so nice to listen to, and again I feel the emotion. You and Exterminator really made me a mess with the emotion you both gave. Wow. It was what was lacking, the tragic emotion, but yet beautiful emotion. Im so impressed by this. Awesome job! So happy for you.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Zach's Critiques:

SilverShadow - This was weaker than your other performances in my opinion. You have a nice falsetto, but the flip between full voice and falsetto was really sloppy. This is something that can take time to perfect, and I just didn't feel it in this performance. I felt your emotion and it was conveyed really well in this performance. Great job
Rory17 - The quality of the track was much better this time. This was a great song for your voice and over all I enjoyed this performance a lot. Great job! Even though you sang it well I felt like this was dead emotionally. This is an emotionally intense song.
DanielC2384 - Once again the rap is on point and it is electric. I enjoyed this performance greatly! Your singing did improve in this song (The very little that you did), but honestly I think this was one of the best performances that you have given! I was impressed. Your performances are alway electric and your energy always astounds me. Great job!
MrPokeguy9 - I was honestly disappointed by this performance. I felt like the key was low and you weren't in sync with the karaoke. I still like your tone, but there are sometimes when you do a little groan or something and in this song it was weird. You have nice energy, but I feel like it was applied in the wrong was with this song. Nice try though.
Forevermissprice - I love your tone and this song was a great selection for you! I enjoyed this performance a lot! Great job! I felt some emotion, but there can still be more. Try to connect the lyric to the song more.
Tundra - I love your voice! The song wasn’t my favorite, but it wasn’t bad. You sang it very well and all in all this was a solid performance. I could feel a connection and it was there (I hope it would be because you wrote the lyrics haha). Great job.
Puressence - This was ok, but honestly it was fairly weak vocals. You need to have more confidence when you sing! It will help everything! There was hardly any emotion. I want more.
Superkevin79 - This was a decent performance! Intonation was a little iffy at the beginning, but it got better as we went on. I felt very little emotion. and when you did get emotion it made you go pitchy. Fix it. If you need help mail me and I can try to help.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
dragotistic - This was a very solid performance! Great job! Your voice sounded very good on this song! I felt no emotion! You have to connect the lyric to the music or else it has no meaning!
EternalBlossom - Your voice is very pure. I like it a lot. This was a solid performance. I enjoyed it! I felt a little bit of emotion, but I really need more! Read the lyrics and think about what they mean!
draevynwraithe - This was a good performance, but I feel like you are singing the same thing over and over again! I feel like you could do more and I want you to change it up.   I felt the emotion in this song, but once again I want you to change it up. Try a different genre.
Carsonworld - This was a solid performance! Your pitch was great, but your tone didn’t suit the song in my opinion. All in all I enjoyed it though! I didn’t feel any emotion from this performance. You need to connect the lyric to the music.
Kingdomheartslover - You were just a little bit flat for most of the time. You really need to work on this. I can’t listen to a whole performance like this to be honest. Please listen to your performances very closely after you post them. This had no emotion. I felt like I was listening to a wall or something. I felt nothing
TheExterminator4 - This was a very nice performance! Your tone fit this song very well! Great job!  I didnt feel any emotion though! Try and put some meaning into those lyrics!
01Gohan - This was a very good performance! Your voice was a little shaky but honestly I didnt mind. Great job! I felt a tad bit of emotion, but there could definitely be more there!
TotalDramalover1234 - This was a very solid performance! There were a few parts where you slid from pitch to pitch and it sounded off, but your tone was nice. I didnt feel any emotional connection to the song so it got boring by the end.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Owlb0ned did not post, therefore will be automatically eliminated and we will proceed with only one elimination this week.
3318 days 9 hours ago
TolisKalkas
One more note... these are the highest scores I've seen so far in this season and if this just week 1, I'm excited to see where you guys go from here!!!

Here's this week's final scoreboard:

This week's top Vocalist: ForeverMissPrice
This week's top Performer: DanielC2384

Overall Rankings:
1        ::        8.78        ::        Forevermissprice
2        ::        7.93        ::        01Gohan
3        ::        7.80        ::        SilverShadow
4        ::        7.78        ::        DanielC2384
5        ::        7.73        ::        Tundra
6        ::        7.65        ::        Carsonworld
7        ::        7.28        ::        EternalBlossom
8        ::        7.15        ::        draevynwraithe
9        ::        6.93        ::        dragotistic
10        ::        6.58        ::        Puressence
11        ::        6.58        ::        TheExterminator4
12        ::        6.55        ::        Rory17
13        ::        6.20        ::        TotalDramalover1234
14        ::        6.05        ::        MrPokeguy9
-------------------------------------------------------- (In the Poll, 5.98, 5.00)
??        ::        ?.??        ::        Kingdomheartslover
??        ::        ?.??        ::        Superkevin79

The poll will open at approximately 10:00 P.M. EDT and will be open for 24 hours. DO NOT SPAM! If you want to send a message to direct people to the group, message me and I will give you a message that you can send. You CANNOT edit that message. Anyone caught spamming will be penalized. DO NOT SPAM YOUR OPPONENT OUT! If you spam someone out, you will incur a penalty onto your percentage. (Hence why it's vote to evict so you can't spam to stay). If you decide to send your link to people, make sure you mention that they should listen before voting. 

I will mail everyone when the poll opens
3318 days 8 hours ago
Mat123
Really good scores for everyone! Hardly anything in it.

Well done Forevermissprice.
3318 days 7 hours ago
TotalDramaLover1234
I am fine with my score, I was sick and still made it, so I will take it!
3318 days 7 hours ago
CarsonWorld
Thanks everyone for my comments and congrats to those safe! Good luck to those in the poll!

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!