This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13: The Top 10 Perform

Topic » Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13:..

3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Let's get to the comments and performances!
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
1) Forevermissprice singing "She's Got You"

https://soundcloud.com/forevermissprice/sounds-from-thursday-6

Tolis - Only thing I can really say is I wish it was a little more exciting. I don't know, it was a great vocal, great performance, just wish I was a little more excited about it by the end. Overall though a fantastic performance.

Mat- I am absolutely blown away by this. It was so beautiful. This is by far your best in the competition. Your voice sounded so innocent, so emotional, yet so powerful at the same time. it was absolutely beautiful. The absolute perfect song choice for you. You’re the most consistent performer in this competition and you’re absolutely brilliant. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Kkoster Performance Critique: For the first time I heard you really commit to a song 100%, and it was amazing! I mean, the emotion just built. It was almost as if you were telling a story where you were really in love with someone, and with the first verse you were saying that they built these memories with you, but they were taken by someone else. However singing that first verse emotionless showed us that you weren't letting it affect you, but as the song went along, and your voice built, it showed us that you were passionate about this "Person" from the song, who is taken by someone else, and that it does bother you. But it only bothers you because there were so many memories, and so much connection, yet someone else still was able to take that away. (Sorry to ramble) Anyways, I was so amazed by your story-telling in this song. Nice job!
Vocal Critique: You wowed me! I mean, your vibrato was perfect! Not too much, and not too little. plus your pitch was on, and you hit the light high notes really well. However, the one thing I noticed was that you sounded slightly strained when you sang some of the bigger notes, so just make sure that you are not trying to sing outside of your range. Overall very strong!

Zach - This was great! Your tone is spot on with this song and I can feel the emotion very clearly in this! I think this was one of your best performances! Great job. I would still watch for pitch on the end of notes because sometimes you tend to slip a little flat, but besides that this was amazing! Great job!

Overall Score: 9.625
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
2) MrPokeguy9 singing "You Know I'm No Good"

https://soundcloud.com/mrpokeguy9/you-know-im-no-good-tengaged

Tolis - Oh Poke. I definitely agree with the artist choice, I think the song choice wasn't your strongest. Vocally it was a little weak and the performance seemed a little contrived. It just seemed like the connection to the song was forced (again that grunt just didn't seem to come naturally).

Mat -Yas. Yas. Yas. This is your best of the whole season. I am so happy for you. I have known you’ve been capable of this the whole way through and Im so glad people can finally see what you’re able to do. I really hope you stay and keep this up, because wow, you’re really on it this week! Awesome job

Kkoster - Performance Critique: You always have a nice solid energy, and you give off that vocal flare that adds life to your performance. Sometimes I wish you would really tone it down, and just give us something emotionally powerful, but energy-wise this was really good. A big step up from last week. Just make sure to not overdo anything, and watch that you don't over-push your voice. Keep up the good work!
Vocal Critique: Wow! I am honestly extremely happy with this vocal! I loved the vocal flare you had, as well as how much more on pitch you were, when compared to other weeks. Then you have your runs, which were very solid. So the only thing I really have to comment on negatively is the naturally whiny nose your voice has at certain moments that can become off-putting, but that truthfully wasn't present too often. Oh, and you also don't always have to put some huge notes in all of your performances. I mean, i've noticed in almost every one of your performances that you seem to find a way to wiggle in some big notes, but you don't need that every time. Not to mention if it comes off shrilled or sharp it can harm your performance, luckily for you it didn't this time. Nice job!

Zach This performance was better on pitch than others, but there were still problems. You seemed very disconnected from the track and I think this affected the performance quite a bit. Your emotion and spunk was there as always, but pitch is an important factor!

Overall Score: 7.425
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3) SilverShadow singing "Bitch"

https://soundcloud.com/silvershadow-4/bitch-cover

Tolis - You are the Anthony of the season. That just had to be said. Anyways back to the performance, great song, it just was a little too talkative in the chorus for me. Getting better, but just didn't quite come together fully this week for me

Mat - I adore this. You chose a song which is basically a slap in the face to everyone who made a fuss about you, and I think that’s genius. Silver, you’re back. The energy in this was brilliant, the vocals were amazing. This is easily my favourite performance from you! You gotta keep this up! Love love love it! 

Kkoster - Performance Critique: You sang with emotion and energy, which can be hard to do depending on the song. So I have to commend you for that. I also have to say that you enunciated really well in this performance, and I was able to understand everything that you were saying, making this an even more enjoyable performance. What i'm saying, is you need to keep doing this! Awesome awesome job!
Vocal Critique: Yay! I'm so happy you turned your voice down a little bit. I mean, this is exactly what you need to do every week. You showed us the softer side of your voice, then you showed a stronger controlled side in the chorus, and then you got to the end and you showed us these awesome big notes. And although I feel the end notes were a little shrilled, I still loved them. I woulf still recommend that you watch those note in the future, but good job overall!

Zach - I thought that this was a little underwhelming. I thought that you had better performances earlier in the season and at this point I think that everything needs to be a step up and recently I haven't been seeing the same quality as I saw in the beginning, besides that though this was still a solid performance, it did not wow me though.

Overall Score: 8.100
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
4) Blake18 singing "Life of the Party"

https://soundcloud.com/blake18-1/life-of-the-party-week-4

Tolis - I actually really enjoyed this. My main critique would be just on pronunciation, for example, the a in "ordinary" could be a little softer sounding. Again, I really enjoyed this and thought it was a great performance

Mat - WAIT A SECOND. WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!?!? oh my god. This was brilliant. I am so damn shocked by this. Everyone is being brilliant right now. I cannot get over how much you’ve improved in the last few days….I’m totally amazed by this. Amazing. Amazing. So emotional!

Kkoster - Performance Critique- In terms of performance, I really enjoyed it. I mean, you really truly portrayed this with so much emotion, and the best part is you don't really try, only because your voice radiates emotion in all of your performances. All in all what I am saying is that you gave an emotional, and strong performance that built beautifully, and warmed my heart! Well done!
Vocal Critique- Vocally this was also strong, I mean you really got into it! Specifically towards the end! I honestly wanted to join in with you, plus I literally teared up a bit, and I never get emotional during a performance. I think though, that it was because you pushed your voice enough to where the emotion portrayal was strong, but not too hard where it was rough on your vocal chords. Which turned out to be smart, and suiting for the song. Now, there was a little slip up with the intro as it could of been a little stronger, but overall the song was absolutely beautiful

Zach - I think that this was your best performance of the season! This was great! You really stepped it up and I really enjoyed this performance! I definitely felt the emotion, but I need a little more. If that was there then this would have been perfect! Great job! You should be very proud of yourself!

Overall Score: 8.650
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
5) DanielC2384 singing "Dan's Mash-up"

https://soundcloud.com/danielc2384/boomboom

Tolis - Getting that energy back, but I think there was just too much going on this week and it threw you off your super A-game. It seemed like each track got a bit ahead of you. Not your best week Dan.

Mat - Yet again. As usual, I love it. Nobody touches the energy levels you have in this competition, and I ALWAYS smile so much when I listen to you. I love that you’ve taken the fun inspirational route, it was definitely needed. I absolutely love how you mashed up these songs, I think it was genius. You’re really impressing me each week. You have no idea how creative and brilliant this is!

Kkoster - Performance Critique: Energy-wise this was great, as usual. You always make me smile too, and also make me want to get up and dance. So I have to commend you on that! Great job!
Vocal Critique: I think you were quite weaker this wek vocally than last week. Not to mention, having heard your original song choice, I know you could of killed it. I mean, when you listen, the one song hat clearly stands out the most vocally is hands down Boom, Boom, Boom. Simply because you knew exactly how to sing it and blow us away, but I felt the exact opposite with the intro song, therefore vocally I have to label this a dreaded hit and miss. Still love you though, and good job!

Zach - The rap was on point as usual, but this time the singing was once again the weak part. I always love your rap. I think you are one of the best non profession rappers I have heard. Not too many people can rap Nicki Minaj that well. I think the Super Bass part was superb, but all in all the singing brought it down. 

Overall Score: 8.100
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
6) Rory17 singing "A-Team"

https://soundcloud.com/rorypatricksdj/ed-sheeran-the-a-team

Tolis - It's partly the song, but it felt very one-dimensional and just never really fully came together with a solid vocal. You seemed a little shakey. It just didn't do it for me this week.

Mat - Another brilliant performance. Holy shit guys!?!? Where did you all pull these performances from?! I really, really, felt the emotion in this. I don’t know what it is with your voice, but I always feel hugely connected to it. It’s lovely. It’s so lovely. Your vocal, at points, seemed a little strained and uncontrolled, but I think thats down to the song being so emotional. Well done!

Kkoster - Performance Critique: I feel like the song was a little dead which saddened me, considering you are usually great energy-wise. However I feel you managed to connect somewhat which bumped your performance up a bit, not to mention your tone is sounds beautiful when delivered in the way you delievered it. Good job!
Vocal Critique: I thought you were vocally solid. There were a few small vocal slip-ups, such as you getting a little shakey, or you cracking, or even a little sharp note here and there. Overall though it was a really solid and enjoyable performance. Make sure to keep on improving. Nice job!

Zach - This was a little slow for my taste. The vocals were a little sloppy as well. There was a bit of sliding especially at the beginning. Besides this the performance was solid, it just moved too slowly. I got bored after a while. Sorry.

Overall Score: 6.400
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
7) Tundra singing "Mad World"

https://soundcloud.com/tundratz/mad-world-cover

Tolis - Hey Tundra… overall a solid performance. But girl, those slides between notes were dragging me down. I know I'm being a little knit-picky, but it really just made me be like "WHY ARE YOU SLIDING?!?!"

Mat - Bloody hell! You’re all slaying. I think, compared to the last few weeks, this is the weakest performance of yours, but it definitely is still awesome. Your voice didn’t sound as strong as usual, but I do think that’s because of the emotion you put in it. The first chorus, especially, was beautiful. I really appreciate that you kept it simple too, it definitely added to the song. It became a little samey by the end, but that isn’t your fault, it’s the songs. Your reasons for the song really got to me too. Good job!

Kkoster - Performance Critique- Well I wanna start of my critique by saying that, well you have to know I am going to judge hard on this song. I mean this was the last song I ever sang in my own season, and it was one of my best overall performances. Anyways I think in terms of emotion you killed it! You connected so strongly, and you made really feel the song. Although, I feel that a few times you lost that spark a tiny bit, it was still overall a very strong emotional performance. Plus at one point you went high in a spot you weren't necessarily supposed to, but it sounded beautiful.
Vocal Critique- Vocally, I mean wow, I just love your voice. However, I feel like this wasn't your strongest vocal ever. Just your most emotional, while still being good. I think that some of your vocal rasp was present too, which was at times very nice and soft, while at other times it grated a little bit. Plus I noted one run in particle where you didn't quite hit it correctly, and it threw the verse off a little bit. However did a very solid job! nicely done!

Zach - The beginning of your performance I found it very haunting and I was very impressed, but as I went along I got bored. There was very little variation, it was the same thing over and over again. The vocals were great, but the performance itself was lacking something.

Overall Score: 7.475
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
8) EternalBlossom singing "Read All About It"

http://vocaroo.com/i/s06E2WKoY2aZ

Tolis - I think by now you should know how I feel about "oohs" in songs (if you've read my comments from past seasons). I think it's what really dragged me down in this performance. They just didn't seem to come together and it just dragged the parts around it down for me a bit.

Mat - Wow. Absolutely beautiful. Your voice shone brilliantly. Your tone, your energy, it all fit perfectly with the song. By this point of reviewing, I’m already in tears like a fool, and this just made me feel even more emotional. Well done, Eternal. Wow.

Kkoster- Performance Critique: You definitely got emotional, and that was obvious. I mean, I could feel your pain so strongly. Along with that though you sang with this softness, and it kind of built as you went through the song, which also added to the emotional aspect of the song, as well as allowing you to more easily convey of the meaning of the song. So wonderful job! 
Vocal Critique: Vocally this week you had some really strong moments. From your more spot on pitch when compared to last season, to your improved conveyment of emotion. However you were very shaky in this peformance, and that was undeniable.However with the fact that you were trying to make this performance have meaning, I am very able to overlook most of the shaky parts within the song, at least for this round. but you definitely need to watch out for future weeks. Good job!

Zach- I thought that this performance was a little weak to be honest. I love the song very much and I love your voice, but I didn’t feel like it was a good song for your voice, that said I think you did a decent job on it. I just think that it was the wrong choice for you. 

Overall Score: 7.300
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
9) Carsonworld singing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"

https://soundcloud.com/carsonworld/can-you-feel-the-love-tonight

Tolis - Just need to make a quick comment, check your sources boo… he came out when he was 4?... Anyways… back to the recording, I think it was one of your better vocals. I thought it was cute and you did well, but I just didn't get a full performance out of you. Like it felt a little spoken and not all that sung.

Mat - Ohhhh!!! Im surprised by this! It’s the first time you’ve really shown off your voice! It’s quite similar to Tundra’s voice, actually. Quite theatrical! I love it! This is great! Such an unexpected song choice, but a great one! One of the standouts of tonight, for me. Great job

Kkoster - Performance Critique- I felt a slight emotional connection in this performance, but above all I had fun listening to this. I mean, you definitely put effort into this, plus you didn't do a rappy or hip-hoppy song this week, which also made this a huge step up from the past two weeks. Definitely keep doing this week after week, just make sure to add in just a llittle more emotion.
Vocal Critique- This week you were very vocally solid, and I loved a lot of what you did, as wellas how you built the song. Just listen to the soft, powerful note near the very end. That was just, perfection. However I was a little dissapointed when you hit your peak note because it was slightly weak/shaky, and I expected it to be a little more held together. Still well done!

Zach- This was a great song choice. Your voice sounded great in it! This was a great performance and one of the best of yours this season! Great job! I don’t have much criticism. I do wish that you did the version that wasn’t in the movie, but that doesnt affect your score haha! Great job!

Overall Score: 8.000
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
10) Pureessence singing "Titanium"

https://soundcloud.com/pureessence6/titanium-cover-by-essence

Tolis - Those high notes got away from you girl. I think song choice was good and the verses were solid, the choruses got away from you with those super high notes. Overall a good performance though

Mat - I have no idea what’s changed with you in the last two weeks, but it’s bloody brilliant. Your voice is so soft, and it makes this so beautiful. “Im bulletproof, nothing to lose” - that line sounded so beautiful, Essence, so damn beautiful. JESUS THE EMOTION HERE TONIGHT. I loved this. Again, you sung it beautifully. 

Kkoster - Performance Critique- I think you did a wonderful job of portraying that sort of sadness, and softness in the song. Which was lovely and tender, and beautiful. However towards the end of the song when you are supposed to hit that big note of "Glass" I didn't really feel a bunch of emotion in that, and I didn't really feel what you were saying at that moment. However the rest of the song was much more emotionaally stable, and pretty moving. Good job!
Vocal Critique- Your voice sounded pretty, and you hit most of the notes correctly, however to me you sounded a bit scared, and it's a song about being brave, so you don't really want the slight shake that was in there at times, at least not during certain moments. However pitch-wise you were pretty on, I just know you can do a little better than this. Still very solid!

Zach - This was a step down from last week in my opinion. I dont feel like it was a good choice for you. I also still felt that you were a tad flat, and I dont feel like your voice is big enough to handle the power that this song needs. Im sorry I dont think this was the right song for you!

Overall: 8.150
3268 days 7 hours ago
MrPokeguy9
*smiles at the judges*

thank you for the critiques, guess i did do better than last week which im proud of :)
3268 days 7 hours ago
PureEssence
I'm happy with my critiques! It was a last minute song choice because I was really rushed but I'm glad with how I scored! Good luck and amazing job everyone, whoever goes it'll be super sad. :(
3268 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Week 4 went had Forevermissprice taking Best performance and Best Vocal which put her overall at the top.

1        ::        9.625        ::        Forevermissprice
2        ::        8.650        ::        Blake18
3        ::        8.150        ::        Pureessence
4        ::        8.100        ::        DanielC2384
5        ::        8.100        ::        SilverShadow
6        ::        8.000        ::        Carsonworld
7        ::        7.475        ::        Tundra
---------------------------------------------------------- In the Poll
8        ::        7.425        ::        MrPokeguy9
9        ::        7.300        ::        EternalBlossom
---------------------------------------------------------- Eliminated By The Judges
10        ::        6.400        ::        Rory17

Unfortunately Rory that means you have been eliminated.  It was a pleasure  hearing from you this season and would definitely welcome you to come back in the future with open arms. It was great to see a new face make top 10!

The Poll: http://www.tengaged.com/group/2301/poll/tengaged-karaoke-idol-13-top-9-vote-eliminate-119790

Poll will be open for approximately 24 hours. DO NOT SPAM! If you want to send a message to direct people to the group, message me and I will give you a message that you can send. You CANNOT edit that message. Anyone caught spamming will be penalized. DO NOT SPAM YOUR OPPONENT OUT! If you spam someone out, you will incur a penalty onto your percentage. (Hence why it's vote to evict so you can't spam to stay). If you decide to send your link to people, make sure you mention that they should listen before voting.
3268 days 7 hours ago
EternalBlossom
and no, nobody told me what you like and don't like. is there a handbook I can read somewhere?
3268 days 6 hours ago
MrPokeguy9
*smiles*

ok well i mean considering everyone stepped up there game this week, i knew i was gonna be in the bottom, to be honest i am so proud of myself this season for getting this far so no matter what i am proud if i do leave this week cause i left on a high

just good luck to Iris in the poll with me, no matter what happens this week :)

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!