This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 14 Mentor/Judge Application (Deadline 8/23/15 11:59 PM EDT)

Topic » Season 14 Mentor/Judge..

3178 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Name:
Location (Country is acceptable):
Why do you want to be a judge?
What makes you think you will be a good judge?
What kind of judge will you be?
What kind of music do you like?
Do you have any theme suggestions?
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week?
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?

Have you hosting a group game on Tengaged before?
-If yes, include the link and a brief description of how you think it went.
-If no, what is your favorite group game have you participated in before and what did you think about the host (no saying anything that I have hosted... like don't...).

Part 2 will be sent next week in mails (Part 2 is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the judge selection)

Part 3 will be sent around then, but it's optional and doesn't affect you positively or negatively.
3178 days 15 hours ago
kkoster001
Name: Kyle (kkoster001)
Location (Country is acceptable): United States
Why do you want to be a judge? Because the past few season of judging have been absolutely amazing, and it's something I love doing.
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I have judged in the past and helped a lot of people to improve, plus i'm not one of those harsh hate judges. I actually give people things to work on.
What kind of judge will you be? The kind, yet honest type of judge.
What kind of music do you like? All kinds really. :D
Do you have any theme suggestions? Acapella week, it would really test people. Also maybe a ballads week.
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? YES
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? ALL, just as long as my dad gets his wifi put in place quick enough.

Have you hosting a group game on Tengaged before? I am hosting an RPG, but I don't know if that counts, although it is going quite well.
3178 days 9 hours ago
MrPokeguy9
Name: Oli (MrPokeguy9)
Location (Country is acceptable): United Kingdom
Why do you want to be a judge? Because I've been a contestant in this show for many series now (basically 7-13) and now I want to give my experience to future contestants and help them grow, my experience being a contestant has helped me improve as a singer and now I want to help others do the same
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I am a very honest judge, I will tell you what you need to do in order to improve. I can come across a bit harsh however I don't mean it in that way. I am the judge that will help you chose the right song and style and arrangements
What kind of judge will you be? I will be the judge that wants everyone to success but I will be honest with them
What kind of music do you like? I love soulful music and music that just has meaning behind it
Do you have any theme suggestions? I'd love to taste the singers as a whole and I'd love to see a theme were they have to submit an acapella or with back tracking to an original song they have made. Would show them as singers but also singer-songwriters
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes of course, i will make time
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Everyday except for Thursday and Saturday

-If no, what is your favorite group game have you participated in before and what did you think about the host (no saying anything that I have hosted... like don't...).
No I haven't hosted any games and the only game i invest in are Survivor Group Games and this series
3178 days 8 hours ago
dragotistic
Name: Dan
Location (Country is acceptable): USA
Why do you want to be a judge?: I've been a contestant on this show for a couple seasons, and it really hasn't worked out, so my expertise can be used elsewhere I guess. Improving and judging is a trial and error type of thing, so the only way to get good at it is to do it.
What makes you think you will be a good judge?: I'm not a person who structures competitions around bias of their friends or people. If you have the talent, I'll move you forward, regardless of whether or not you're my best friend. Even if I sound "too critical" in my comments, it was always what I wanted to hear so I can improve the best that I can.
What kind of judge will you be?: Honest and frank, but will be supportive of everyone.
What kind of music do you like? All kinds (minus country and most rap)
Do you have any theme suggestions?: Frank Sinatra week, Foreign Language week
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yeah.
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?: Pretty much everyday, I'll have 2-3 hours of freetime everyday sans a few due to performances in marching band.

Have you hosting a group game on Tengaged before? Yes. A bunch of Survivor seasons.
-If yes, include the link and a brief description of how you think it went. http://www.tengaged.com/group/6558 , First nine seasons were great, I kinda slacked off in Season 10, but I was already thinking of not hosting anymore.
3177 days 22 hours ago
Tundra
Name: Ryan
Location (Country is acceptable): USA
Why do you want to be a judge? I've been a contestant for the past two seasons and have always wanted to judge!! I have a lot of constructive feedback to offer and feel as if I am qualified.
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I have been singing for the past few years and have been in music for most of my life. I have a lot technically to offer. On top of that, I have been a contestant on the past two seasons so I have a lot to offer on that regard too. I can pinpoint what areas of someone's voice needs improvement and give beneficial commentary to help further themselves as artists.
What kind of judge will you be? I will be an honest judge however i will also be nice. There is no reason to discourage anyone from doing music, for music is a wonderful, beautiful thing. 
What kind of music do you like? I HAAAAATE THIS QUESTION! How can I say I love only one genre of music. I love legit everything! I listen to Jazz, Motown, Soul, Opera, Folk, Pop, Rap, Hip-Hop, Classical, Alternative! I just looove music. My roots however are Motown, Jazz and Soul. I could talk about music legit all day so I'll shut up before I get ahead of myself! LOL
Do you have any theme suggestions? YES! Acapella Week, Secret Santa Week (Other contestants give other contestants a gift of the song they'd be singing for the week), Original Week/Song Flip Week
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Without a doubt
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Every day

I haven't hosted a group game, however this has been my favorite group game, especially the first season I joined since the mentors worked more closely with us and were a little more active. :)
3177 days 19 hours ago
TheGoodMan
Name: JAMES
Location (Country is acceptable): Ireland by way of Africa
Why do you want to be a judge? REDEMPTION, last season was so HORRIBLE for me but I still persevered and WON the damn thing.
What makes you think you will be a good judge? Because I've won it before, I have a very vast knowledge of songs.
What kind of judge will you be? A Real one.
What kind of music do you like? Most of everything, Really into Alt R&B right now. But a big fan of Pop and everything else tbh
Do you have any theme suggestions? 90s. POWER BALLADS.
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yee
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Weekends probably and Fridays. Sundays I think stick out to me as being particularly good

I've done a few survivors before, and I liked them, was big into TSC but sometimes weeks didnt work. I would have enjoyed TI more if people weren't so horrible to me, but sure, I took most shit with good nature, and I can do it again.
3177 days 19 hours ago
konohavillage1
Name: Kenneth
Location (Country is acceptable): Georgia, USA
Why do you want to be a judge? Well I've participated in quite a few seasons, and I really love music so I'd love to try my hand at the other portion of this show.
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I've got a good ear, I'm a little trained in music, and I also can be constructive without being a cunt.
What kind of judge will you be? I'll be fair. I don't wanna be too tough or too soft. I just wanna be correct and help the people here, not laugh at them.
What kind of music do you like? R&B, Pop, Rap, Some electro
Do you have any theme suggestions? One hit wonder week!
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes!
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Every day after 4.

Have you hosting a group game on Tengaged before? Yes, I'm hosting one right now.
http://www.tengaged.com/group/4834

It's kinda slow but it's just the first week so I have faith in it.
3177 days 16 hours ago
ados707
Name: Aidan
Location (Country is acceptable): Australia
Why do you want to be a judge? I've been a judge before and sadly couldn't bring home the win, so I'm ready for redemption ad to guide someone to a win!
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I know how to give constructive criticism and to make it understandable for the person I'm talking to. I also know how to bring out the best in people and so I'm looking forward to doing that!
What kind of judge will you be? I'm going to keep it real, but I'm definitely gonna be seen as someone who they can ask for advice from and someone who is not afraid to work hard to get what they want.
What kind of music do you like? Anything but I love my Soul/RnB
Do you have any theme suggestions? Australiana Week
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Absolutely
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Pretty much any day :)
3177 days 5 hours ago
forevermissprice
Name: jacquie!
Location (Country is acceptable): Ontario, Canada!
Why do you want to be a judge?
I'd absolutely love to be a judge because I love helping people! In this case I'd love to help others with something so dear and close to my heart! I find there's much more to singing than just words coming out of someone's mouth!

What makes you think you will be a good judge?
I think what would be make be a good judge is my experience in this competition! I know what it's about and I know what it takes to be on top. You really have to put time and effort into this and you can't slack. I'd help others not only with their singing, but also mentally, and how to handle this competition! Being in the 2 past seasons I know what it can do and the effect on people, and I'm more than welcome to step up to the plate and be the best possible judge I can be!

What kind of judge will you be?
I'm a very honest and outspoken person in general, so that will definitely come out in my judging! I also make sure I give enough positive criticism that it doesn't come off as me just being rude. I find in competitions like these its hard to be a judge if you don't know what you're doing. You have to have a little knowledge when it comes to singing and you can't flat out suck (there's my honesty). I definitely thing I bring everything to the table and I would make an awesome judge!

What kind of music do you like?
God bless Queen Ariana, she is my queen when it comes to singing and her vocals are so beautiful holy crap, I fan girl so hard when it comes to her. I like anyone who can sing in general. Not the shitty artists who can't sing worth shit. Not gonna mention any names.

Do you have any theme suggestions?
If I would pick any theme it would probably be like just 80's era, 90's that kinda stuff! I know its definitely difficult to commit and learn a new song so, I think making it as easy as possible for some people is what will help them shine. Contrary to stepping out of their comfort zone which I did alot in past season and absolutely failed haha, thats just my opinion though.

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week?
Absolutely! This is completely different to when I was in the competition and had to commit and put 100% in my recording! I prefer this to be honest because it gives me an excuse to critique and judge which I absolutely love doing!

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?
I'd say Monday to Thursday, I work late on weekends so thatd be a little hard!

I generally don't participate in group games, they're not really my thing! Depends what it is really!

Part 2 will be sent next week in mails (Part 2 is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the judge selection)

Part 3 will be sent around then, but it's optional and doesn't affect you positively or negatively.
3172 days ago
Danteman453
Name: Dante
Location (Country is acceptable): England
Why do you want to be a judge? Fun
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I have enjoyed playing and learning music from the age of 7, knowing how to play the piano and guitar as well as sing. I think I have a good ear for music and will be able to suggestion suitable song choices to those I mentor based on their voices, as well as being able to pick out how to improve.
What kind of judge will you be? Honest
What kind of music do you like? All types, mainly R&B and pop
Do you have any theme suggestions? Gender swap (male contestants sing female songs and vice versa)
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yes
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any
3169 days 8 hours ago
rileyloveshollyoaks
Name: Riley
Location (Country is acceptable): England
Why do you want to be a judge? It will be a good experience.
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I will be fair but firm.
What kind of judge will you be? Honest, if I don't like it I will say it.
What kind of music do you like? Pop, country
Do you have any theme suggestions? Hmm, I will tell you if I think of any.
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Yep
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any
3168 days 14 hours ago
Daniel123456
Name: Daniel
Location (Country is acceptable): United States
Why do you want to be a judge?: I love this group game, and I don't do well as a singer in this competition alot of the time. I want more experience on my directing and producing skills.
What makes you think you will be a good judge?: I am used to directing people online for webseries, I know how to be brutally honest when I need to be, and I now when to give respect and praise where it is due. I also have a good ear and can pick up on hesitation and pitch.

What kind of judge will you be?: I think I will be direct and honest, and not around the bush. I don't want to be mean, but it may come off that way since I am direct.
What kind of music do you like?: Pop and Country, but I listen to a little bit of all music, except rap.
Do you have any theme suggestions?: Musicals/Movies/Top 100 Billboards
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week?: Yeah, I'm on a lot.
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?: Probably all of the days except one or two depending on my work schedule.

Have you hosting a group game on Tengaged before? : Yes, a survivor series which went pretty well for its first season. http://www.tengaged.com/group/6400
3168 days ago
dudetb3
Name: Tyler
Location (Country is acceptable): NY
Why do you want to be a judge? Because I like to offer constructive critism
What makes you think you will be a good judge? I was able to guest judge last year without any controversy.
What kind of judge will you be? Not an asshole like last year
What kind of music do you like? Any kind
Do you have any theme suggestions? MJ vs Whitney
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? yep
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? anyay works for me

Yep, me an weebly cohosted the tengaged group game awards for 2012
3163 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Deadline extended through the 30th
3163 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
Name: Rick
Location (Country is acceptable): Poland
Why do you want to be a judge?: I want to face something new. A new challenge for me, showing my knowledge and skills would be something I'd love to share.
What makes you think you will be a good judge?: I'm a huge music lover and I practise Tenor singing. I come from a musical family, I play the piano, my sister plays the violin...and I take tips from my singing tutor very seriously.
What kind of judge will you be?: Rather calm, but also very constructive. I'm a kind of a person that tells people how to improve in a calm manner.
What kind of music do you like?: Indie Pop, EDM, Rock, K-Pop, Indie Rock, Indie, Synth, Oldies, Classical.
Do you have any theme suggestions?: Foreign!
Will you be able to post comments at least once a week?: I'm sure I can.
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?: Everyday.

Have you hosting a group game on Tengaged before? : Tengaged Song Contest
3152 days 3 hours ago
MrSparkly69
Name: Tony
Why do you wanna be a judge?: I am a great critique and I think I might be a great addition to the panel.
What kind of judge will you be?: I'll be honest and nice, but sometimes if they really sucked I can go all Simon Cowell-esk on 'em.
What kind of music do you like?: Pop and rock, and a bit of country.
Do you have any theme suggestions?: Family songs. Songs about the ones you love most.
Will you be able to post comments atleast once a week?: Oh, everyday, pal!
What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings?: Everyday.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!