This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council

Topic » Final Tribal Council

3285 days 13 hours ago
coolnarwhal88
Welcome Richard and Sagar to your last Tribal Council in Santa Catarina. Tonight, all power and voting responsibility shifts to the jurors (AKA the last seven people who you may or may not have participated in the voting out of).

I don't care the order of juror questions/statements and finalist speeches. I just want everyone (finalists and jurors) to ask or say at least one thing. I have no influence over the jurors, but I imagine some of them will have an open mind tonight. So finalists, it is up to you to formulate well-spoken responses.

I will give 24 hours (unless more is needed) for the jurors to come to their decisions. Thank you all for an excellent season. I hope you all had as much fun playing it as I did hosting it :)
3285 days 12 hours ago
richardcglover
I will post my speech in a little bit and jurors feel free to ask me anything and mail me if you please I have nothing to hide obviously
3285 days 12 hours ago
obscurity
I want to start off by saying thank you all for a fun and competitive game and also for being pleasant to me (even when we weren’t on the same side, which was the case most of the time in this game)! I don’t think there was ever any serious animosity between anyone and I think that always makes for a fun game.

The first thing I want to address is my challenge wins. I think there’s a tendency to discount people who win a lot of challenges as people who can’t rely on strategy to make it to the end, and I think that’s false. I’m proud of my challenge wins, and there are plenty of Survivor winners who wouldn’t have got to the end without winning challenges at some key moments in the game. I think it’s just as viable of a “strategy” as anything else, and it got me here in one piece. Even if I didn’t think I needed to win a particular challenge to be safe that round, it’s not like I would ever throw a challenge that a host put effort into creating, so I don’t think I should be faulted for winning 5 of them (a record in Bennett’s Survivor). To win so many different types of challenges (speed, creativity, puzzles) against really good competitors and in a high-pressure situation shows how versatile I was in this game.

That being said, what about those moments in the game where I was vulnerable? Shouldn’t I have been voted out then? The answer is yes, and I think that’s where my true strength in this game lies—the social game. As soon as original Chapeco merged in minority, I knew that I needed a lifeline to keep my head out of the crosshairs. Usually I’m targeted early in the merge in these situations for being a challenge threat. That’s when I mailed Slim and told him that it was in his best interest to keep me around because I would be a number for him down the road when he wanted to make a move against his own tribe. I figured he had some power over on Palmital and I believe that this was what kept me safe during the round that Shazam was voted out. By all accounts, Shazam was playing a better game than me, but I think my social game is what saved me that round considering I didn’t have immunity. The moment to make a move finally happened at F8 where Julian was voted out. Julian, I know you think that I voted you out because we have some personal problems, but that had nothing to do with this game—you were only my target because I knew you would be the easiest person on Palmital to paint as a threat. Ultimately, that’s what ended up saving me that round and finally put me in a situation where I was in the majority after being in the minority for so long.

Then, Shauny was voted out. I didn’t vote for him but I was able to adapt to this and keep my outlook on the game as focused as possible. I pushed hard for Tyler to go home only because I knew he was my biggest threat to winning challenges in the endgame—the fact that he was voted out 5-1 shows that I did have a considerable amount of influence on the decisions of others.

I’ll finish off with what I consider my best moment in this game. Convincing Richard to save me at F5 in the revote. I still have no idea how the hell that worked, but it may very well be my favorite move I’ve ever made in a group game. If anyone is interested in what I sent to Richard to convince him to keep me, let me know, but I think the fact that he did shows that my gameplay was stronger and his was just a bit weaker (sorry Rich). He was very impressionable and I took advantage of that to save my own ass, even though it made very little sense for him to flip on his allies since Day 1 to save someone who had already been established as a challenge threat.

This is already WAY too long, so I’ll stop here. I will answer all of your questions with 100% honesty and humility. Despite my achievements in this game, I do believe I have been humble throughout all of it and never once had to force myself to be a “villain” or a goat to get me to where I am sitting right now. Good luck Richard.
3285 days 12 hours ago
TheSexiestDude990
I don't have much to say but I'll get it out anyway.

Richard - Didn't do much but sheep. You sheeped me until merge and then you sheeped Sagar to FTC. Grats, I guess?

Sagar - It's no secret that we aren't exactly the biggest fans of eachother. However, I have a ton of respect for you as a gameplayer and you are getting my vote. Hopefully you can pull at least 3 more.

Good luck to both of you.
3285 days 12 hours ago
obscurity
If anyone wants a TL;DR version of that, let me know. I'm sure I will repeat the main points in my answers to your questions anyway.
3285 days 12 hours ago
ShazamMcAmazing
Congrats to you two on making it to the end, and good luck with the final vote.

Richard, what was one thing you did in this game that Sagar did not?

Sagar, if I'm correct, you had three individual immunities? Your physical game was pretty much on point, but I'd like you to elaborate on how your social/strategic game paralleled your physical game.
3285 days 12 hours ago
obscurity
@Shazam

I had 5 challenge wins. I think it's easy to say that a disproportionate amount of the game I played was physical, but I think that's a misconception that I'm going to do my best to get rid of. I bring my A-game to every single challenge (that I can attend) even if I don't feel vulnerable because as a Survivor group game host myself, I know how annoying it is for hosts to make challenges and have no one put effort into them. Sure, I could have thrown some challenges to make myself less of a visible threat, but that wasn't the way I decided to play this game. And I'm sitting here now so I feel that it was the right decision.

I'm glad you asked about my social and physical game. I talked about this in my opening statement but I don't feel that I was lacking in those departments either. My biggest moves (both social and strategic) were: the tight bond that I formed with WANJ on Day 1 of this game which we continued all the way up until the F4 where he was eliminated via a tiebreaker, the fact that I got Slim to keep my name off Palmital's chopping block in the early stages of the merge even though that ended up being his own downfall in the end, and finally, the fact that I got Richard to flip on his allies that he had since Day 1 at the Final 5 even though it made very little sense for him to do that.

So yes, I did rely HEAVILY on physical game. But at those moments when I didn't have immunity (F9, F8, F5), I absolutely should have been voted out. I'm still flabbergasted that I survived those rounds, but I chalk that 100% up to my social game with people who I didn't even really meet until the merge. My social game saved me when my physical game failed.
3285 days 12 hours ago
richardcglover
Richard, what was one thing you did in this game that Sagar did not?

I made 3 big moves in this game. He didn't make those moves I made them. The first was before the merge with Chris and my idol play, the second was islands vote off, and the third was WANJs vote off. I had a strong strategy from the beginning but with all of these big personalities someone's got to lay low and it got me here unlike 14 others who half of them had big personalities.
3285 days 12 hours ago
obscurity
@Julian Thank you, I appreciate that.
3285 days 12 hours ago
richardcglover
And Julian I respect your opinion but I also had your back and voted for obscurity at your vote off.
3285 days 12 hours ago
richardcglover
Jury Speech:
From the beginning I had an extreme disadvantage in this game. I knew several people in this game prior to this season and none of which i was particularly friendly with. And with me not being very good at challenges i had to fully rely on my strategy and social game. With the original tribes I decided to lay low and joined the majority alliance and formed a final 3 within that alliance of 6 so when it came down to making moves I would have the numbers to do so. And I was in a decent position but then the tribe swap happened and my first instinct was to protect my original tribemates. So I came up with a crazy and very risky plan to get slim to get everyone to vote for me and I would play my idol that I had found earlier in the game to send whoever i wanted home. That tribal was a success and Chris went home. The next tribal was difficult with the big possibility of going home. The merge than came and I went back into hiding knowing the big personalities would target each other. That plan continued to work until the Julian vote when I voted for Sagar because my closest ally Slim decided to leave me in the dark causing me not to trust him. From there i knew I needed to step up my game and thats what I did making multiple deals to secure myself on both sides of the fence but I was forced again to pick a side when the Shaun vote occured and I stuck with Slim at that point. At the final 5 I realized that i was 3rd whichever way i went so why not make a move and with the help of obscurity and wanj I voted island out knowing it left slim with no choice but to stick with me. Obscurity thinks he sheeped me into the move but I had made the plan to tie it up at the final 4 tribal to send slim or island home anyways but why not do it a tribal early. At the final 4 I had a final 2 with both obscurity and slim so the only obstacle i had to getting here was wanj so i put my faith in slim that he would win that tie breaker and he did garenteeing me final 2 no matter who won that final immunity. My ultimate plan to be honest with everyone was to bring slim to the final 2 with me if anyone wants to know. Thank you all and Good Luck Obscurity!!!
3285 days 11 hours ago
islandsurvivor
Ok first i wanna say gl to u guys. Richard i want to tell u that i was gonna take u to the finals not trrs. Sorry trrs. Obscurity great game i had fun playing with u and u did a good job

Questions:
Obscurity:
Heres my question: in ur speech u said that u made a great move and took julian out. My thing is i think ur lying cause u know what! Im the one who was telling everyone even u to vote julian. So how the heck to u think that was ur move? Also u can ask trrs to confirm that if u want.

Richard: what part of u thought going with obscurity and wanj was a good idea. First if it wasnt for me and trrs u wouldve probably been out pre merge and then we helped u get this far. Also i think that u wouldve had a way better chance against me then the 'underdogs' wanj and obscurity. Also y should u get my vote?
3285 days 11 hours ago
obscurity
@Island

Thanks for your question; I don't want to give the impression that was 100% completely my own move. To be honest, most of my game involved getting those in power to save ME. Considering that I merged in minority, I think that was the best way for me to go about playing the game. I never had to make huge moves or try to dictate what happened; most of my game was about self-preservation and getting myself to survive each round as it came. When I say that getting Julian out was a great move, I mean it in the sense that I was able to keep the vote off of me that round. Of course there are others that wanted Julian out at that time which is why it worked. But a lot of that had to do with the fact that I made people feel that they could use me as a number down the road (Slim, for example). I think just the fact that Julian left in a round where I was vulnerable was a good "move" on my part. Not in the traditional sense of a "move" because I wasn't the one to spearhead that. But in the sense that I was able to lay low and manage to get people to believe that Julian was a bigger threat than me and that he should go before me.

And you're right, Slim and you ran a LOT of the early merge. That's one of the reasons I was able to convince Richard to vote you out at F5, and also the reason that I voted out Slim at F3. Richard did not have nearly the same level of influence as you two did.
3285 days 11 hours ago
islandsurvivor
Thanks for the answer :)
3285 days 11 hours ago
coolnarwhal88
2/7 jury votes received
3285 days 9 hours ago
richardcglover
Richard: what part of u thought going with obscurity and wanj was a good idea. First if it wasnt for me and trrs u wouldve probably been out pre merge and then we helped u get this far. Also i think that u wouldve had a way better chance against me then the 'underdogs' wanj and obscurity. Also y should u get my vote?

Ok first I wasn't going to the final 3 with obscurity and wanj i was just going to put myself in a position to be in the final 2 regardless and since you hadn't talked to me directly since before the tribe swap I didn't trust you it was nothing personal and I feel if you were here you probably would have won this game and I should get your vote because I put myself in the best position in this game where I was garenteed 2nd no matter what with the smart and big moves that I made throughout the game

open group

Survivor: New Forest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!