This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 1 Runway

Topic » Week 1 Runway

3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Hello queens, I am very pleased that we had a 100% turnout with this challenge, truly showing y'all's dedication to this competition. I forgot to mention my policy on resubmissions beforehand so I'm gonna say it now. I do allow resubmissions, just try and not go over board with it.
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Now let us get to results. Will the following queens please step forward:

Cinderoncé
Coral Zuma Ali
Cumila Delicious
Irina Guillotine
J'Bran       
Janice Taylor Hawkins
Jessieca
Tatterdemalion
Zolene Dramamine
You are all safe, congrats. You may leave the stage and head to the Interior Illusions Lounge.

We will now begin critiques with the remaining queens who represent the best and worst of the week
3536 days 3 hours ago
LittleMix
(whew)
3536 days 3 hours ago
Absol
Janice Taylor Hawkins is safe! :)
3536 days 3 hours ago
ILoveSleep
[DRY HEAVE]
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Let's start with Honey LaCruex http://prntscr.com/4e0qy8

Me: This look was easily one of my favorites. You went for a different concept than everyone else this challenge and executed it very well. You are giving me crooked pharmacist with a shopping addiction realness. If I had one critique for you it would be that the two hairs you combined didn't really blend in together well. but it didnt take away from your overall look so good job!

Brandon: I wasn’t really getting a lot from this honestly. I mean it’s very well made but it just didn’t do the challenge for me personally, like you made something pretty then put some pills in her hand it just wasn’t creative. Aesthetically yes, but for me in the challenge no

Art: i like this look a lot. it's fun and different for this challenge. unlike other people who glued ornaments onto themselves and called it drugs, you really went one step further and created an ensemble for someone who would sell hallucinogenic drugs and it worked out nicely because i can actually see this girl selling drugs. it's very believable. the best part is definitely the lashes tho i love those.

Oiba: Honey, HAUGHNEA, lemme tell you something. This is like zumb cute. I think you didn't go for something quite so literal kinda like the other people in the top. How ever, stacked lashes and Nicki Minaj lips will only get you so far in this competition, so you really need to do more to stand out more, because later on when the challenges aren't just based on the look, you may run into problems.
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Let's move on to Flabébé Buffay http://i.imgur.com/jVcyA4s.png

Me: Yassssss Mawma I am living for this look. It's a simple theme but very well put together and brought out in a visually pleasing but alao creative runway look. It was glamorous, edgy, and funny all at the same time and I think that is really commendable. Great job queen.

Art: i think your look is put together very nicely. it's aesthetically pleasing which is something i'm known to love. i like that it stays on track the whole way through, making it simple yet effective. another great thing is the attention to detail. the smoke, the bloodshot eyes, the doritos, the laganja tattoo, even the weed symbol embroidered onto the beanie. i love it. no complaints from me.

Oiba: Flabébé, can I ask you what you thought you were doing when you pulled out your penis and fucking pissed on the floor and left everyone else slipping in your urine? Because this is so fucking CUTE. Like honestly, it's well put together, but at the same times you remembered it was a challenge and you made it interesting. If you do stuff like this every week you'd be in the Top 3, no problem.

Brandon: You came to smoke this competition MAWMUH!!!! This was really sickning all around It looked cute and was funny and basically yeah you did the damn thing you did that. Only thing I would say is the smoke in front of the face was a little too strong but who the fuck really cares?
3536 days 3 hours ago
Weetmaster
Oh shit I'm in trouble
3536 days 3 hours ago
Dusty12910
Yay 4 Jessieca !
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Let's take a look at Rehab http://i.imgur.com/IllVrYV.png

Me: Your look didn't really impress me. Your whole look was really dependent on your background, cause otherwise it was just a regular avatar with cigarette glasses on them, which wasnt really theme. Although I don't think its BAD, its just not exciting and not very fitting.

Brandon: Ironic that your name is Rehab and this is a drug challenge and you did bad lmao… Like nothing about this screams drugs really (this isn’t a PSA so no cigarettes are not drugs) and even if this wasn’t for a drug themed challenge this wouldn’t really stand out anywhere so ok work

Oiba: Rehab, this look is shit. And not in a 'This is ugly' kind of way. It's shit in a 'This bitch didn't try' kind of way. This is probably Bridgette77's avatar from like 2010 or something. I don't get it, cause when you take out this dreadful Willy Wonka background, what do you have? A ratty wig, a wax, chewable tongue with a piece of metal in it and a damn sparkly jumpsuit. These pieces aren't that bad by themselves but you managed to make everything in this look really, really cheap. You in danger, girl.

Art:  this truly just sucks. nothing about it tells me this is about drugs except the background sort of. your story wasn't great. the look is ugly. the one redeeming quality, the background, is ugly. you could have even tried to pass those cigarettes off as some sort of hallucinogenic drug but you didn't. if you wanted an emotional reaction out of me, you got it. because this is so sad.
3536 days 3 hours ago
Yaxha
https://31.media.tumblr.com/85116d0876812030f68dc140e5692a60/tumblr_inline_n4ga89VpeV1qbk4r0.gif
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Now Potato Faminé http://gyazo.com/014cd9cdc365e767d043d0a49722a805

Me: Before you submitted your look you came to me and asked if you could submit something that looked like a mess. I said yes so long as it made sense. Unfortunately for you, your look made absolutely no sense. You singled out steroids as your drug, even though it isnt even hallucinogenic. This could've been forgiven if your look looked put together, but it didn't. This is a disappointing performance from someone who had a great entrance look.

Art: the comedic approach didn't work for me at all with this runway. this was a challenge based solely on the runway, and you sank. i feel like if this was a challenge where we'd need a character on drugs (obviously not hallucinogenic because steroids don't fall under that category) you'd definitely have succeded. however that's not the case and this is not only ugly but it's simply a disaster of all proportions.

Brandon: Honestly I liked the look it was over the top bad but I thought that it was like so bad that it was good because you meant it to be that way? Maybe it wasn’t the best decision to do that when the challenge was for you to just look good, but I specifically thought it was creative and stood out but ya know

Oiba: Potato, girl.
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Let's move on to Aye Yai Yai! http://i.imgur.com/Rpu2uw6.png

Me: This was pretty good. Your idea got across perfectly and every part of your avatar adds to the theme that you were trying to portray. My only problem is that its not too exciting, but still it was more aesthetically pleasing and fitting to the theme than most others so grats!

Oiba: Aye Yai Yai!? All I have to say is MUY CALIENTE! This look is really nice, I love the play on the dirty side of a starlet's life. It was really well thought out and it's very evident that time went into this. If I could give you any critique it would be to make little details like the cocaine trails and dirt smudges stand out more. Then you'd be unbeatable.

Art: i'm really not as crazy about this as others might be. i find a lot of it to be a little too jarring (not weetmaster level) but definitely not my cup of tea. the cuts in the arms and the rips in the dress? the chapped lips and dry hair? i think i ranked you among my favorites because everyone else's was pretty bad, but yours was the best of the worst. your concept was good, but i don't care as much about the execution. you did sort of well but i wouldn't say you did great or amazing or anything.

Brandon: This really was that, like all that and more. You served us a mess on the runway and we do not want to clean it up! But lets get real the @ feature is free hunty @LindsayLohan okurrrrrr
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Now finally, Oona Mama http://imgur.com/8bBegNs

Me: Darling Why????? Why did you resubmit??? Literally the judges were discussiong the runways as soon as they started coming in and we were all gagged by your original avatar. You were literally set to win this challenge until you resubmitted. Although this new look has a deep meaning to it, I think its really overclompicated and unnecessary for a challenge theme that was meant to be easy. And tbh your explanation for your runway didn't really match the aesthetic I got from it. Just know this next time, be confident in your instincts and don't be afraid to ask for some opinions, all the other judges and I are here to help.

Brandon: I was kind of into it……….at FIRST. I have no idea why you changed your submission because you were about to win the challenge and now we have….well this. It’s not bad but I don’t really get a lot from it in terms of the theme. It was symbolic I guess but yeah this wasn’t what some of the other judges were looking for.

Art: this is the worst one of them all. it doesn't fit the theme at all, and it's hard to look at because of how jarring it is. the cracks in the face, the bleached skin, the veins circling her heart... it's weird and i don't understand it. and the part that makes it even worse than it could be is that you started off with a look that easily would have won this week. your previous look was by far the best look submitted this round. that just goes to show you should never second guess yourself and always stick true to you and i hope you'll learn from this. if you wanted to change it to please us, you didn't. if you wanted to change to please yourself, good for you, but it might have cost you.

Oiba: Oona, I'm mad at you, because it's challenge number one and you're already flopping. Your first look, was a knock out with the judges. We ate it up. And you changed it to this boring piece of blah. It seems to me like you were trying to fit in, but you have to realize looking different and taking a risk will get you very far. You would have one had you not second guessed yourself and that's very, very disappointing.
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
I have made some decisions.
3536 days 3 hours ago
MichelleObama
Aye Yai Yai!, you had the judges under your smoky mist, you are safe.

open group

CANCELLED: Tengaged's Drag Race 3

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!