This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 8: LIVE Results Show - Semi-Finals

Topic » Week 8: LIVE Results Show -..

3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14

Welcome to the SEMI-FINALS results show of the season!

Say hello to your judges!

Celine Dion! John Legend! Adam Levine! Sam Bailey! Stevie Nicks! Usher! Adam Lambert! and Jennifer Lopez!

——— — —
Now say hello to your coaches!

Carrie Underwood! Kelly Clarkson! and Rajiv Dhall!

—————
Tonight, THREE voices will be eliminated from the competition!

WHO WILL MAKE THE FINALS!?
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Let's see what the judges thought of the FINAL Coaches Challenge!

CELINE:

Kelly
Loved Seeing how Stardom Changed you as a artist.

Carrie
Loved you this season Carrie now hopefully its my turn to Coach.

RAIJV
You Got Better This season.
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
ADAM LEVINE:

Kelly:
Song 1- I really enjoyed your performance, I think you did a great job your vocals were great and I think this was a very positive performance I really liked it!!

Song 2- I think the second song was great your vocals were great as well.

Song 3- Well great job this week that performance was great I think your vocals were great overall.

Carrie- I think you did great on all there songs, your vocals as usual were great! I think you chose the correct songs and did an amazing job singing!

Rajiv- Your vocals were ok on the three songs overall, I think some was better then the others though.
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
SAM:

Kelly:
Breakaway – To be honest, the first half of the song for me was not as strong. Towards the end you projected your vocals brilliantly but the beginning was quite bland for me.

Dont Rush – Your vocals were good and the song was really cute. This is one of your last performances and really I was not excited enough.

Heartbeat – This is more like it! You finished off your time as a coach with a BANG and you couldn’t have picked a better song. Great song choice and great vocals!

Carrie:
Good Girl – I think your vocals were fantastic as usual but I did feel that in some occasions you were singing the words too fast and I did find trouble understanding you. Other than that great job!

Before he cheats – I liked the fact you showed us a little slow rock side of you that you haven’t shown in the first performance. Great vocals Carrie so well done!

Alone – OMG Carrie! YES!!! You have chosen the perfect song to end your journey and your vocals were out of this word. You are leaving us with a good taste in our mouths and that shows how brilliant you are!

Rajiv:
Bad – I was not excited by the song or the lyrics but I do have to say that you showed variety in your vocals in this song so it did suit you.

What I know – I liked you showed a more emotional side to you but for me your songs are all about the same thing, a girl, love or falling out of love. At this point I am just used to you.

18 – I am commenting because this is your last performance but I would have literally written, as above. I like your voice, it has gotten to me but your song choices don’t convince me 100%
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
STEVIE:

Kelly Clarkson:
Overall amazing performances. Very smart to bring in the amazing Vince Gill, This is the most impressed by you I have been.

Carrie Underwood:
As always amazing performances.

Rajiv:
You have this amazing constant tone. Your a great package. Amazing voice, I'm glad to get to know you!
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
ADAM LAMBERT:

Rajiv Dhall:

Song 1: I surprisingly really enjoyed this performance! I see that you stepped up from last week and I’m glad you did! This song made me happy instead of depressed and I saw that you have a higher range than last time. Oh, and you have another advantage in this game. You are smoking hot! The girls are going to go crazy over you!

Song 2: I liked it, but less than the first one. Honestly, you left me slightly bored in the first minute of the song. The chorus was good, but not excellent. You left me at the end wanting something more. What I did like were your eyes. You looked like you just went through that breakup due to them. It added some real connection to the whole performance, as if you just created this song for her.

Song 3: That golden retriever you held in your arms in the beginning was so cute! Okay, back to serious business. I am not a big fan of One Direction and I had already formed a judgement based on your song choice. However, you sure prove me wrong! I enjoyed the ballad part in the beginning and was pleasantly surprised when you sped the rhythm up.

Carrie Underwood:

Song 1: You owned that stage from the first note! You got the crowd engaged, you got me engaged, you got the whole world engaged! You are the kind of singer that I could listen to all day long! Singing just comes naturally for you! Amazing job!

Song 2: This song was a bit of a disappointment for me. I was looking for the same energy that you showed us from the first song. It sounded more like a country song and you already know my views about that. It started rather slowly for me. It got better at the chorus, but there just wasn’t that something special for me.

Song 3: Let me start by saying that this is one of my favorite songs of all time. I was expecting a lot from you once I saw your song choice. And I must say that you delivered big time! I loved it, maybe even more than the original version! Only suggestion, drop that other singer in the chorus. You don’t even need her due to the powerful voice you have.

Kelly Clarkson:

Song 1: I really liked this song! The start was a bit slow for my taste. However, you gave me shivers once you went into that chorus! The pictures in the background detailing the whole X Factor series went well with the timing of the song. You had no real issues to be concerned with, being a powerhouse of a singer!

Song 2: Unfortunately, I wasn’t a big fan of this performance. Getting me into country music is a very hard thing to do. I just felt like the song was slow in general and had no real effect on me. I would suggest a song with a little more beat to it.

Song 3: I am so glad you brought back this song! It instantly made me feel happy! Songs that can bring out such emotions in me are rather uncommon. There wasn’t a thing that I disliked! Great job!
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
JENNIFER:

Kelly - breakaway. i really liked this song it was a good performance the vocal didn't completely wow me or anything but it was a nice solid performance.
don't rush- this was my least favorite of the 3. i didn't see anything outstanding about it i mean the vocal was good but it was just mediocre for me.
heartbreak song- out of all your songs this was by far my favorite i mean it wasn't a perfect vocal but that's kind of what i liked about it. it was very raw and i could hear it in your voice. good job.

Carrie-Good girl- i enjoyed this performance i didn't feel it was your best but totally not your worst either. it was mediocre middle of the pack.
before he cheats- love this song but didn't love this performance i thought the vocal was kind of all over the place and very pitchy. it was nice how you let the audience join in but it took away from your voice in my opinion. the high note at the end brought you up a couple notches though.
Alone- after the disappointment in your last performance this completely made up for it. i have no words to say the vocal was on point it was almost flawless.

Rajiv - for your songs im just going to give one comment. i never heard any of them before and honestly i really liked all three i didnt think they were super special nothing that blew me away but they were a good vocal and very catchy got me into it. very surprised by someone i never heard before. good job
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Let’s see which coach has won 1 extra point and a 12 hour extension for their team next week!

With 69.2, Rajiv comes in 3rd Place.
With 72.5, Kelly comes in 2nd Place.
With 75.9, Carrie WINS!

#TeamCarrie will now receive the mentioned rewards during the Week 9 LIVE Show!

Score Details:
http://prntscr.com/7wow42
http://prntscr.com/7wow6a
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
Let's see what the judge's thought of the voices!

CELINE:

Meghan-You Defintely Rose From last week but not that much i figure you have not found your voice yet but other than that great Vocals.

Koryn-I saw alot of Emotion going on which i love to see great job vocals were amazing.

Christina-Finally Been waiting for this song and i completely love it im ready to BURLESQUE.

Stereo-Singing elton john is a very very risky MOVE but you did it ok not great but ok.

Danielle-YOU FOUND YOUR VOICE I love everything about the performance a perfect eleven.

Haley-I feel you done better which you have i saw you were not that into the pick.
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
SAM:

Meghan – I did love to see a more laid back performance from you and to be honest your vocal was great and it was a nice song choice. It is just that at this point your performances need to get me emotional and this one unfortunately did not as much.

Koryn – I felt and saw every emotion you were giving out tonight Koryn! This was an incredible performance with your vocals giving me the chills every time you went for the high notes. I can defiantly see you here for the Finals next week!

Christina – You gave us energy, strong vocals and a performance we, or any other person in that audience will ever forget. Well done Christina, I wasn’t expecting this from you, just listen to the crowd cheering, that is the best gift an artist can get.

Stereo Kicks – Awwww boys! You gave me goosebumps! This was such a beautiful performance for you guys. Although this did seem like more of a Final performance, I am glad you gave it your all for the Judges tonight!

Danielle – I do love your voice Danielle and I am going to miss you but I do think this was not a Semi Final performance. This would have been great for one of those past weeks because I have seen much better performances from you before.

Haley – You showed passion and you showed us how much you want this. Although I don’t think it is the best performance tonight I do think that you showed us what you are made of and I cant ask more from you!
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
STEVIE:

Meghan-Every one of your performances gives me a chill, and that as a performer is all you can ask for. Great job!

Koryn-I want to say I'm sorry to you. I sent you home in the knockouts, luckily someone was smart enough to save you. Your an amazing talent. Great job, keep moving forward.

Christina:You finally took my advice of dialing it back. And it still sounded amazing. Im really proud of this performance, a few pitch issues here and there and that's the only critique I have.

Stereo Kicks:This has been my favorite performance from you guys. You continue to blow my mind every week.

Danielle:Very solid performance but I feel like it was a safe one. You didnt take many risks and you have to take risks at this stage of the competition.

Haley:My rock princess. I feel a connection with you being that we are both females in a male dominated genre. You make every note seem easy to you and as a singer or any kind of entertainer, the ease of a performance is crucial to the audience's enjoyment.
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
ADAM LAMBERT:

Meghan Linsey: I used to be one of your biggest fans in the Quarter-Finals! Unfortunately, you left me down in this performance. I feel like it was a step back for you as opposed to a step forward. The rhythm of the whole song was slow. The theme was rather somber and depressing. You were sitting for the whole song and not on a stage. Finally, you were pitchy during your high notes, which honestly hurt my ears. Do you still want to be in this competition?

Koryn Hawthorne: You are the gift that keeps on giving! You sent me shivers from your first long note. Your message is clear and everyone can connect to it. You didn’t move on stage, which is almost always a negative for me. However, you did not even have to! Your presence filled up the whole stage! You are definitely one of my picks to win this whole thing! Keep it up!

Christina Aguilera: You are such a queen! And yes, you are definitely beautiful! You commanded that stage and those long notes! You included the audience into your song, which I always like. I enjoy how you put more attention to certain notes than others. You brought a positive message and you delivered it with perfection.

Stereo Kicks: Last week, I didn’t like you guys. This week, you guys stepped it up and listened to our comments! I liked how you distributed certain sections of the song to different group members as opposed to having a lead singer like last week. This shows that all of you can sing! I love it when you guys sing as a group. I would like more of that.

Danielle Bradbery: I liked it, but didn’t love it. The shivers that you sent all over me last week were gone. I also felt somewhat excluded from the whole song for some reason. I couldn’t really connect to it. Maybe the wrong song choice? I still feel like you have that unique country voice which makes me like country. A hard thing to do. I know that you have a bright future in the music industry, but I am not sure that you will find it in this competition. I wish you the best of luck!

Haley Reinhart: Yes, just yes! I loved this performance! This song has a very special place in my heart due to its message. And I must say that you delivered it with the same passion and emotion John Lennon did when he first sang it. I liked the inclusion of the long note at the end. My only negative comment is in the technical aspect of your performance. A black screen for 15 seconds? Black and white? What point of view is this from? I understand that you wanted to go back in time, but there has to be a way to do it better than that!
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
JENNIFER:

Meghan- the vocal on this song was very good there was a bit of issues but for the most part it was on point. the only real problem i felt about it was that i was very dull and sleepy it didn't really make me feel a lot just made me feel a bit tired. so im mixed on this one.

Koryn- this performance was stellar. i loved your voice in it. it had a real grit to it and i could feel the emotion while you sang. Almost moved be to tears i could hear the hurt in your voice and feel it in your body. very well done.

Christina- there's no denying that the was vocally an amazing job. your voice is something else. but there were certain things i didn't like about the performance. there were a couple times when you weren't singing that took away from you. i liked that you let the audience join in but that took away from your singing at parts and also that awkward pause at the end before you finished the song was just strange to me and too long.

Stereo Kicks- last week i wasn't impressed by you guys at all but this week you blew me away everyone who had a part sounded great and i absolutely loved your performance good job on stepping up your game in the semis :)

Danielle- i'm also very proud of you this week you stepped it up as well. loved your song choice this week and you sang with much more power and presence then before still a bit  childish but you're young so what can we expect. it had me singing along so great job :)

Haley- i literally having nothing at all to say to you besides if the quality of this song was better your score would have been better. you are something else your vocal gave me chills
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
WHO

WILL

MAKE

IT

INTO

THE

FINALS!?
3191 days 17 hours ago
nikw98
This is where Sam Smith lost last year so i'm SOOO anxious lol
3191 days 17 hours ago
carlyjordan14
With a total of 69.7 points, winning Best Performance, and moving on to the Finals

CHRISTINA AGUILERA of #TeamCarrie!

open group

Stardom!: The Instant Star

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!