This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

World Song Contest 4 - Live Show

Topic » World Song Contest 4 - Live..

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
15) 🇦🇷 Argentina
Fransia - 'Amor Perfecto'

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
16) 🇵🇹 Portugal
The Black Mamba - 'Believe'

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
17) 🇱🇧 Lebanon
Gallo - 'Sugar Daddy'

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
18) 🇪🇪 Estonia
Kerli - 'Walking On Air'

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
19) 🇳🇱 Netherlands
Eva Simons - 'Guaya'

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
20) 🇲🇱 Mali
Inna Modja - 'Outlaw'

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
21) 🇹🇭 Thailand
Violette Wautier - 'Drive'

987 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
22) 🇰🇷 South Korea
Dreamcatcher - 'GOOD NIGHT'

987 days 11 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
23) 🇸🇾 Syria
Mona Haydar - 'Suicide Doors (feat. Drea D'Nur)'

987 days 11 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
All 23 songs have been posted!
WSCers START YOUR VOTING!

For your votes to count post a brief set of comments here about each song. You may not reveal your own entry in these comments, and then send your points 12,10, 8-1 (in the traditional Eurovision style) to ME, PennyTrationStan.

If you have any questions please ask.
You have until next Friday 9/24 at 19:00 GMT to comment and vote. I will then host the Results show where we will crown our FOURTH winner an hour later at 20:00 GMT.

Penny <3
987 days 11 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
ALT. LINK FOR ENTRY 9:
986 days 20 hours ago
nateclove
I just wanna start things off today by saying that we should all remember to UNSTAN pennytrationstan for her BLATANT hatred of NCT 127's new song!!! I know some of you will agree that she is in the RIGHT for hating the song, and I, too, agree that the song is kinda bad, but I know my pennytrationstan antis will join me and rise up!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/4TmANeA.gif

01) 🇧🇷 Brazil - jkcncjkhcjhbjhb this song is so good! Tove Lo is such a mom! And that Brazilian man is okay too ig! This was a great opener!

02) 🇨🇦 Canada - First of all I commend you for finding an Avril Lavigne song that has under 23m views! But second of all there's a reason this song has under 25m views. It's a cute song but not my favourite!

03) 🇲🇦 Morocco - IDK what Fazouia(sp?) did to some of yall but I hope you guys put your differences aside? I liked the song but I do feel other songs outshined it so good luck!

04) 🇨🇿 Czech Republic - I was actually prepared to hate this song but it's actually not that bad! I guess this is what you do after you don't get booked for czech h- ANYWAYS it was actually pretty good!

05) 🇲🇳 Mongolia - Well this was BORING. Anggun did it better last episode! Don't come for me! I'm right!!!

06) 🇮🇷 Iran - Apparently she ACTUALLY risked it all for this song and video cause after she made it she got put on a hit list by like terrorists or something??? Queen, mom, we should aspire to be her! But I didn't like the song sorry.

07) 🇨🇺 Cuba - Not Girlicious hasjhbjhbdjshb moms! This song was good! I liked it! Very nostalgic.

08) 🇿🇼 Zimbabwe - Much like Iran I love the message and the power of the artists but I don't like the song itself. Sorry again!

09) 🇦🇹 Austria - This was too slow for me tbh. It was cute but nothing too memorable about it.

10) 🇨🇳 China - I have a love/hate relationship with this song because I can't decide if too much is going on or if its all working together. IDK but I think I'm leaning more towards the "love" side!

11) 🇨🇴 Colombia - Not Shakira LMAO I think the 25m rule was instated to avoid like world-famous celebs. HOWEVER, this is one of her best songs so periodt pooh etc etc.

12) 🇧🇧 Barbados - This was good! The autotune really threw me off LMAO but it wasn't a bad entry!

13) 🇨🇬 Congo - Oop! I actually really liked this! It gets a bit basic at certain points but this is sort of the girlboss kind of songs I gravitate more towards.

14) 🇬🇧 United Kingdom - I actually listened to this twice. That's a good thing! This was a great entry methinks mefears.

15) 🇦🇷 Argentina - This is a forgettable to me tbh! Sorry! It's not a bad song but I don't like it either :(

16) 🇵🇹 Portugal - Again, great message but I don't like the song itself. His voice is a bit off-putting but that could probably just be me.

17) 🇱🇧 Lebanon - You have been visited by the HOMO FAIRY. If you do not like this song I will ZAP you with my GAY RAY and you will become a POWER BOTTOM! Beware!
https://tengaged.com/img_a/av.270420.1.jpg?id=1631622510.gif

18) 🇪🇪 Estonia - Oh? Dare I say I enjoyed this? She kind of ate I fear.

19) 🇳🇱 Netherlands - Oh this was a cute entry! I love the music video actually! The song is also enjoyable if I say so myself but I'm not 100% into it. Felt like there could have been a bit more to make it stand out.

20) 🇲🇱 Mali - hhjgdbjhbwjhb omg this slayed! I love it tbh! Something about it I find so mesmerizing and just ugh, a queen.

21) 🇹🇭 Thailand - This music video is HIGH ART mamaw! But why is she driving away with her kidnapper???? Did I miss something???? Are they working together???? Idk girl but the song itself it too slow I didn't enjoy.

22) 🇰🇷 South Korea - This was pretty good! Not the best song I've heard but I really enjoyed it! They slayed that kidnapper(?) I fear!

23) 🇸🇾 Syria - Amazing message and I love the chorus but I hate the verses! I think with some better vocals this could have been much better </3.
986 days 2 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
1. Brazil-Tove Lo-Are U Gonna Tell Her? (feat. MC Zaac)-This was a fun bop and the dancing in the music video was awesome.
2. Canada-Avril Lavigne-Honestly, I was disappointed by the song since Avril Lavigne is a good musician. However, I did like how she understood the lyrics and performed the way the song is supposed to be made. My main problem of the song is it’s all negative.
3. Morocco-Faouzia-Tears of Gold-This is the best song so far.
4. Czech Republic-D.Y.K.-Phone Song-I really like how the song turned from a bad thing to happen and turn it into a upbeat and catchy song.
5. Mongolia-Enggun-I’m in Love-Omg I love this song!
6. Iran-Helly Luv-Risk It All-There seems to be multiple messages that are fighting against each other one being a positive and the other the bad. The positive, living life to the fullest. The bad, promoting gun violence which seems like propaganda to me.
7. Cuba-Girlicious-Like Me-This is a fun song and I like the girl group vibe.
8. Zimbabwe-Gemara Griffiths-MAMBOKADZI (ft. Ammara Brown)-I really like how this song was motivational and was about girl power.  Also, I thought the collaboration and vocals were great.
9. Austria-Christina Summer-Seite en Seite-This is a nice song and great vocals.
10. China-Popu Lady-Popu OK-This song is really bad although the vocals were fine.
11. Columbia-Shakira-Objection (Tango)-This song is great, and the music video was fun to watch.
12. Barbados-Shontelle-Battle Cry-This was one of the strongest entries and the vocals were strong.
13. Congo-Soule-Queenish-I honestly didn’t care for this song.
14. United Kingdom-Jessie Ware-Hot n Heavy-This is another submission that I didn’t like although the singing was good.
15. Argentina-Fransia-Amor Perfecto-This song was fine but not one of the bests so far in this contest.
16. Portugal-The Black Mamba-Believe-This definitely is an important song and the vocals were very soulful which I liked.
17. Lebanon-Gallo-Sugar Daddy-This is easily one of the worst entries this contest but the redeeming factor are the beats.
18. Estonia-Kerli-Walking on Air-This song is respectfully original, but it’s not for me.
19. Netherlands-Eva Simons-Guaya-This is a poorly written song and is a mess.
20. Mali-Inna Modja-Outlaw-I like this song! The vocals were awesome and the music was great too.
21. Thailand-Violette Wautier-Drive-The vocals and lyrics were great. However, I’d prefer listening to the song rather than watching the music video. Yes, the music video was entertaining but it had nothing to do with the lyrics. Set aside, it’s one of the best songs so far.
22. South Korea-Dreamcatcher-GOOD NIGHT-WOAH! I was not expecting to hear a hard rock song, which was a great surprise! The band was badass and I appreciate that this is the 1st rock song in this contest.
23. Syria-Mona Haydar ft. Drea D’Bur-Suicide Doors-This song has great lyrics but the collaboration didn’t work for me. Drea D’ Bur seemed to outshine Mona Haydar. Mona did did a great job rapping though and she showed emotion too which was good.
985 days 23 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Honestly guys this was such a strong contest. I feel like everyone has tried really hard and there are easily more than 10 songs I want to vote for.

01)   Brazil – I like Tove’s parts but gonna be honest I didn’t like MC’s part. But she was very magical.
02)   Canada – Dated. I agree with other posters that have pointed out that there is a reason why this isn’t over 25 million.
03)   Morocco – Honestly This Mountain would still do well for me but I appreciate that you went for a less tried and tested song by her. This sounds great. I don’t always get the hate for her.
04)   Czech Republic – I did cringe at the beginning but it did develop into something better. This is cute but a little messy messy get on the yessy.
05)   Mongolia – I love the players of this contest. We are trying so hard to find amazing artists from slightly more difficult countries. I really enjoyed this. No ifs no buts.
06)   Iran – I mean I admired her so much when she was speaking about ISIS so I’m glad she is still keep on keeping on. This is pretty messy though.
07)   Cuba – Qooba. This is a good one. I was bopping my head from side to side. I don’t think they needed the man added whoooahahahahha noises every few seconds.
08)   Zimbabwe – This is just so bloody smooth, I mean this sounds really good. This hasn’t got the knock out the punch but you could always just listen to this sort of song on repeat.
09)   Austria – I appreciate the Austrian language and honestly she sounds very pretty and like the violin. However it just falls a little flat compared to other entries here. :(
10)   China – This started quite choppy and then developed into something I really enjoyed. Like I have no complaints other than the choppy start.
11)   Colombia – I mean as for mega artists this does sound really good. For me, I can’t believe this is not over 25 million haha.
12)   Barbados – Yay Shontelle. I mean this does sound dated but it is pleasant enough and I can see others really loving this.
13)   Congo – I may be 5’2 but I’m a giant….yahhhhhh….bopping my head from side to side. This is solid, nothing I’m going to rave over but I really enjoyed this.
14)   United Kingdom – This does sound so smooth. It is outclassed by a few songs here, but this is very solid. If you’re gonna go for a country like UK this how you do it.
15)   Argentina – I really enjoyed this. This sounded so smooth and unexpected. Yeah this is what I’m looking for! Goo job!
16)   Portugal – I mean I prefer this so much more than their Eurovision entry. This sounds so smooth and the vocal is sublime. This is just so good.
17)   Lebanon – I could imagine this song in the next TSC haha. Personally I wasn’t overly keen on the hook but overall no major complaints.
18)   Estonia – I was hoping for a really unknown artist from Estonia which would win the next ESCT haha. Personally I feel like she has better. Her more recent stuff is more my jam.
19)   Netherlands – Enjoyable, I preferred the singing over the rapping. The singing mized with the piano sounded so magical.
20)   Mali – Beautiful, mysterious and that verse in French? Yes….just yes….just this seems like a mix of cultures and I love that.
21)   Thailand – Very pretty. In a strong contest this does standout but not as much as other entries. But for me this is the ballad of the contest and the way she lifts her vocal is absolutely magical.
22)   South Korea – Solid but a little intense. The way the guitar and drum clashes with the vocal is a little overwhelming haha. It is still good though haha.
23)   Syria – This is beautiful. Honestly every second of this is beautiful and heart-wrenching. The mix of the two artists is brilliant. The lyrics in the verses are stunning. I mean this is perfection.
983 days 8 hours ago
spinfur
`1. 🇧🇷 Brazil - Tove Lo ft. MC Zaac - “Are U gonna tell her?”
Honestly I know Tove Lo has some bops and a half but this wasn’t it for me if I’m going to be completely honest. Like there wasn’t a wow moment for me in the song, and it just felt very bleh.

2. 🇨🇦 Canada - Avril Lavigne - “He Wasn’t”
I mean I guess you can call this song a classic, but like out of all the Canadian artists you had to choose an Avril song, I mean don’t get me wrong Avril is good but… really this song? Not something I would find myself listening to like ever.

3. 🇲🇦 Morocco - Faouzia - “Tears Of Gold”
I really don’t understand the Faouzia hate, like she’s an amazing vocalist, and I absolutely adore her. Now onto this song… not her best but it’s a bop nonetheless. I jam out to it when I can and even though it’s nothing amazing from what I’ve seen from Faouzia, I really did enjoy this submission!

4. 🇨🇿 Czech Republic - D. Y.K. - “Phone Song”
Okay this song was actually really funny and in a not like insulting way? If that makes sense? It’s so weird and over the top that it feels camp and I just enjoyed it! It’s not a bad song and I loved the catchy jazz vibes so it did a really good job!

5. 🇲🇳 Mongolia - Enggun - “I’m in Love”
The drop in this song was very disappointing, it’s not like bad but it was just very overwhelming when it came to the build up and the vocals, like from all the energy it was building I was hoping it’d bring something more but sadly I was disappointed.

6. 🇮🇷 Iran - Helly Luv - “Risk It All”
At first I thought this was gonna be a really badass rock song with the fire and her look… then we got some sort of wanna be Brittany Spears. Honestly this song was okay I guess? It just wasn’t that fun for me so… anyways moving on.

7. 🇨🇺 Cuba - Girlicious - “Like Me”
Ah yes Girlicious of course, but seriously it wasn’t really bad and I kinda did enjoy it, I wouldn’t listen to it again compared to the songs I have on my playlist however it was a nice throwback, and I think it was a decent submission at least.

8. 🇿🇼 Zimbabwe - Gemmara Griffiths ft. Ammara Brown - “MAMBOKADZI”
Now this was a bop and a half like good lord. Those vocals from both singers gave me chills at times and I really just enjoyed the beat and I was dancing along to it. The only critique I have for this song is the lyrics are very cliche and done before at some points for overall I really enjoyed this.

9. 🇦🇹 Austria - Christina Stürmer - “Seite an Seite”
It was a cute song like I don’t hate it but I don’t have strong feelings about it, I really like powerful songs, and I can tell this song has some sort of meaning behind it but sadly I don’t know much about the meaning behind nor will I be looking for it. It’s good for what it is but it’s pretty overlooked tbh.

10. 🇨🇳 China - Popu Lady - “Popu OK”
I have very mixed reactions about this song aside from it almost blowing out my eardrums compared to the other songs but aside from that… I’m not sure whether or not it’s a good song or not. I’m just.. Really on the fence and I’m just gonna move on from this and act like I never heard it.

11. 🇨🇴 Colombia - Shakira - “Objection (Tango)”
I hate that I enjoy this song, I really hate that I enjoy it like out of all the choices for this country you choose the most basic one and use Shakira, like I have to base it on the song and it’s a good song but come on you can do better than that. It’s a really good song with a plentiful mix of genres but I’m just more disappointed in myself for enjoying it as much as I did.

12. 🇧🇧 Barbados - Shontelle - “Battle Cry”
Ah yes another obvious choice for this country as I remember Shontelle’s banger of a song Impossible but this… this wasn’t it for me. Like the song was there and it wasn’t anything I haven’t heard in that time period. It was really basic and generic and I just know there are better songs in this mix, this song wasn’t it for me.

13. 🇨🇬 Congo - Soulé - “Queenish”
Honestly this wasn’t bad and I actually really enjoyed this song, sure it didn’t have the power I was looking for in the song, but for what it gave me I was vibing and just enjoying really all of it. It’s nothing I would add to my playlist but this was an enjoyable experience and I enjoyed the song!

14. 🇬🇧 United Kingdom - Jessie Ware - “Hot N Heavy”
Now this was an interesting song, I think it was good and I loved the beat and the singer’s whispery bits about her voice though I’m not sure if it stands out enough compared to the other songs that I would find myself just really enjoying it though.

15. 🇦🇷 Argentina - Fransia - “Amor Perfecto”
It’s not bad to me, it’s just very much at one level where I’m looking for something a little more exciting if that makes sense? It just felt like one note for a song and it has a nice beat, just nothing to really enjoy personally in my opinion. It’s not a bad song by any means, just a very acquired taste I think for who’s going to enjoy it, and frankly I’ll forget about it.

16. 🇵🇹 Portugal - The Black Mamba - “Believe”
Ah The Black Mamba I remember them! I honestly really liked this song and I think this song is better than their Eurovision entry which does say something. His voice just melts butter which is amazing, and honestly I could really feel such a strong emotional connection to this song from the singer which is really powerful, I really enjoyed this good job!

17. 🇱🇧 Lebanon - Gallo - “Sugar Daddy”
Well it’s a good thing I’m immune to Nate’s gay ray since I’m ace, all jokes aside… the beat was really nice but that’s all I can say about it, it wasn’t personally anything I would see myself listening to, and I just didn’t really like it all that much. It’s not really bad compared to some of these entries but just not a song I enjoy personally.

18. 🇪🇪 Estonia - Estonia - “Walking On Air”
This gives me very much Natasha Bedingfield but a very creepy dollhouse and I’m just not sure if they mix in the way you wanted to. I love a good creepy song, and I love songs that have that sound but when you mix that with a generic 2000s pop sound it just wasn’t something I personally enjoyed compared to some of the other entries.

19. 🇳🇱 Netherlands - Eva Simons - “Guaya”
It’s been a while since I heard this song in ESCT and forgot how much of a banger it really is, like sure it was used in another contest but I really don’t give a damn if it’s such a fun and upbeat song I can just vibe to. Definitely a song I would listen to again and again so whoever submitted this did a good job in my opinion.

20. 🇲🇱 Mali - Inna Modja - “Outlaw”
Okay this song… honestly it’s the definition of power like once that chorus hit I felt chills go down my arms, just the soul this singer has and the power of her voice it’s honestly so beautiful. Like honestly this could be our future winner just seeing how friendly it is with a lot of people here so honestly good job whoever submitted this.

21. 🇹🇭 Thailand - Violette Wautier - “Drive”
You know I am a sucker for a really good ballad and frankly I think I have to stan this song just from the emotion of the singer, and the way she sings the song, this is a really strong ballad. I know ballads can be hit and miss in this content but personally I really enjoy it so good job on whoever submitted this.

22. 🇰🇷 South Korea - Dreamcatcher - “GOOD NIGHT”
That was honestly… AMAZING like what the actual world was in that entry. Okay so my mind went instantly like a really intense action anime opening that would always get me hyped for the anime ahead, and I just loved every moment of this song, and the rock n roll like good lord. This entry wants me to look for more entries by this artist so I stan whoever submitted this entry, they did a really great job.

23. 🇸🇾 Syria - Mona Haydar ft. Drea D’Nur - “Suicide Doors”
I have to agree with Moviemusicguy and say that Drea really ate this song while I wasn’t a big fan of Mona’s part of the song. The song has a powerful message true, but I felt that message more from Drea than anything really. I feel there’s a real disconnect which really hurt the song in my opinion but it is a good song!

open group

World Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!