This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 4 — Just Like The Movies

Topic » Week 4 — Just Like The..

381 days 1 hour ago
Maxi1234
After Joe's SHOCKING elimination, and Andrew's MORE SHOCKING victory, the contestants will have to unleash their inner writing skills alongside their musical capabilities. Some of you might have the chance to really push yourselves this week.

Alongside this, you guys better kiss Andrew's ass because this prize could play a role in your faith for this week.

For this week's theme, we wanna see you submit a song that could be used in a movie scene. Whether it be being two college students doing the dirty, running away from a serial killer, a depressed main character looking at the window while driving around, anything works!

We want you guys to set the scene for us and give us a song that could really make us feel immersed in the moment. You guys have a lot of creative liberty for this one, so for the people that keep giving the same type of song every week, this is YOUR time to really step it up and give us something innovative.

HOWEVER, there is a twist. We do NOT want you to use a song that is already on a movie/show's official sound track. For exemple, "Independent Woman" by Destiny's Child wouldn't be expected as it was released alongside Charlie's Angels.

We want UNIQUE submissions. Maybe give us a brief little description so we understand it better.

You guys have 24 hours, until May 20th 6:30 EST. Best of luck sweet celery pops!
381 days 1 hour ago
Maxi1234
ANDREW'S PRIZE

WEEK 3 : The Knock-a-Spot
The winner of this challenge gets to knock a player down a ranking in the following week. If the affected player wins the challenge, they are immune from being knocked down a placement. This twist can send someone to the Battle Stage if used accurately.

* Andrew chose to knock Kemi down a ranking. That means, unless Kemi wins the challenge, they will place one spot lower than what she originally ranked, regardless of how they scores this week.
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Since everyone did well this week, there will be no LOW placement, and three HIGH placements.

In 6th place... with 20 points...
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Jourdan with Lovers Rock.

ALI
hmm seems like you have a style so far, but not totally crazy about this, sorta reminds me about Joe's submission that sent him to lip sync. It feels one note and the vocals are barely existing, but the instrumentals are nice... if you keep on relying on the same style of music, it won't work out everytime with me, because I like specific songs when it comes to slow indie.

MAX
I do think you have a significant style that you tend to submit and I think it's kind of getting a bit repetitive and expected. At first I loved it, but I feel like when you rely too much on a certain type of niche it kind of affects your score in the long term. Although I do think your description for this song matches what we could expect in a film aspect, I think the song lacked a bit more intensity to really push through and make me feel something. Overall, a pretty good submission!

NEVRA
Oh…. a male vocalist…. uhhh…. I’m kidding :3 this ate !! I know of TV Girl but I never got into them! But yeah! This is so cute and gorgeous to me! I feel like you had the most unique concept and think you executed it so well! You’re kinda eating the girls up imo…. keep it up!
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
In 5th place... with 25 points...
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Aron with Starseed.

ALI
okay okay good start with the beat, a promising start. OK loving the vocals yeah slay a bit... OK not the monologue tho??? I mean I think she talked more than the actual singing, but tea the song still slays. But this feels more like a statement song that would fit a different theme, but still a bop wow.

MAX
I honestly LOVED this and had this ranked super high at first, but after finishing up my rankings I really realized how aggravating the talking towards the end of the song can be. It really distracts you from the art. Nonetheless, this was another bop submitted by you, and I can't really complain. It feels very dystopian and on-brand with what you had planned out with your movie theme. I will add on to say that your recent submissions have been VERY good and I love the direction in which you're going! Keep it UP!

NEVRA
Oh Tanerelle MOM idk a lot of her music but I had high expectations for this…. and they were met! This is so good! I don’t really care for dystopian stories but the song fits so well and isn’t corny in the slightest! so cunty…. I love the speaking part, it feels like a rally and it works well with your movie! you ate this tbh….
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
The two of you are SAFE for this week.
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Placing HIGH, in 4th place... with 26 points...
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Matt with Celebrity

ALI
Oh it's bopping, I can see this playing in some cheap drama movie but like one that has high fashion. I can see just see her flipping her hair while this song goes off in a dance club feeling her fantasy of being so relevant, or her just walking down the street being photographed by paparazzis.

MAX
I didn't MIND this. I do think it's nowhere near as strong musically as the other submissions, but what REALLY saved this from being rock bottom for me is the dedication behind your story-telling. I know English isn't your first language, but I could tell you really put in effort and I personally, loved it. It shows that you care, and to me, is a reason enough to keep you here. I do think, however, this song would've fit better in a later theme I have planned, but I'm just being picky! Although this isn't bad by any means, I do think it kind of faded away in the background for me, because the lyrics and power of the song just wasn't as massive as the other hard-hitters in the game.

NEVRA
LMFAO this is such a random ass Slayyyter song dkehkdjr….. but i’m so glad you sent it because it’s my favorite slayyyter song YASSSSSSS it’s just so cunty !!! One of my few defining personality traits is that I want to be a director and I basically have a list of movies I want to make and I made a playlist for one, and this was one of the songs I featured on it yassss so great choice imo! I loved your movie too, I love a good rise and fall of a character…. this really did eat!
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Placing HIGH, in 3rd place... with 29 points...
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Coco with Cherry Lips.

ALI
omg the instrumentals are so cute.... like yeah for a breakup song you would expect sad kind of beat, but the instrumentals are like so kawaii cute mmm yeah digging this so much. You keep on slaying like yeah.

MAX
I found your description for this SO fucking funny and it made me like... enjoy the song more? Weirdly enough? Comparing this song to Cherita is truly such a smart idea, and I actually think it fucking fits and that's what makes this songs 100 times better for me. It's a run-of-the-mill pop song, but you added it to a story idea that completely makes it shine through, and I think you genuinely nailed the entire story aspect of this week. Major upgrade from last week! Keep those bops coming.

NEVRA
This does have a spotify weekly discovery feel to it but honestly it’s catchy and super cute! a teeters the corny line but she does it well, in a teeny bop kinda way! Yeah! It’s just really sweet :3 It also works for your movie!
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Coming in 2nd place, with 30 points...
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Galaxies with All I Wanted.

ALI
Oh she is slow and cute, and then bammm hits you with sudden beat up drums, and then she goes hard ALL I WANTED WAS  YOUUUUU AHHHHH, like everyone  who went through a break up can so much eat this shit up. Omfg wait those high notes near the end, chillllls!

MAX
To me, this was the winning submission this week. I was driving while listening to this and you could really immerse yourself in the emotion and the whole energy with the song. There's just something so magic and very theatrical about this and I found myself just in awe by how good this was. Truly your best submission by FAR, and I'm hoping you keep going down this path. I will admit, I was worried when I saw Paramore, but you really did make me eat my words with this one. You understood the assignment to a tea.

NEVRA
Okayyyy…. I see what you’re going for! I really do enjoy the chorus sm…. the verses are cute but the chorus is definitely the standout! I love the melancholy vibe of the song! Yeah idk I don’t have much else to say! You kinda munched
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
In 1st place, with a grand total of 33 points...
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
Deshon with What I Want.

ALI
oh this slays and my top era is feeling this line so hard: "I want the full effects, I wanna hit it hard." Like come through... this is your best submission so far.... mmm yasss it slays!!!

MAX
I ORIGINALLY had this as my number one, but I think you falling to third is still just as impressive with how STACKED the songs were this week. First off, let me start off by saying that this week, you really solidified yourself as a contender for the crown and it seems you're finally managing to find songs that work with all three of the judges' tastes. The story behind this song is truly fucking spectacular, and the way you managed to tie the knot on it with your own little story is so fucking good. You really understood what this was all about, and I can't help but commend you for such a stellar performance. 10 out of 10.

NEVRA
FINALLY!!! this is such a good song like…. I should get into muna because they kinda serve…. this really is so good they ended rina sawayama with ease ! This is just so real and so relatable! And so is your movie! This was a really good week for you methinks!
378 days 18 hours ago
Maxi1234
With that being said, Deshon has won himself the final prize of the season. However, he will have to make a choice for this one. More on this to come.

Check your private channel for information on your reward!

open group

Max Ora Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!