This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ROUND 5: GONE COUNTRY

Topic » ROUND 5: GONE COUNTRY

895 days ago
Kennel123
For this round, we want your best AUTHENTIC COUNTRY music song. That's right. You knew it was coming and it probably won't be the last time you see it in some form. Now, since most of you probably don't regularly listen to country...here's a friendly warning: Be very careful posting country "pop." We want authentic true country. Not the new age pop shit that some singers will sometimes give us.

Deadline is 6pm CST Thursday, December 16, 2021.
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
We have reached the Top 12! However, we will soon be down to 11. Did you have it took to get through some good ole country? For one of you, you did not.

Overall, I was thoroughly pleased with finding and submitting true authentic country, and it made my southern heart happy listening to them. This was very hard because so many sounded good but ultimately, someone has to go!

As always, we will begin at the TOP and work our way down to the Kellen, I mean BOTTOM.
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 1/12 with The Booze Cruise by Blackjack Billy...KINDRED7!

Christian:
-two steps so hard to this song. im vibin and im movin...definitely party country vibes which i appreciate in a song. really enjoyed! (3/12)

Kellen:
LOL this song is so funny but I unironically would stomp so hard to this. BOP! Like this was by far the song that would get people moving the most. Very HICK sounding and what’s more “authentic” country than that?? I’m all aboard the booze cruise, woo! (1/12)

Scott:
A bop. Really pandering to me with the drinking and being near a body of water. This song is good and I can just picture me and my friends on a boat in the middle of a lake drinking and dancing to this. Great choice and this will be up in the top tier for me. (2/12)

Average: 2.00
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 2/12 with Tennessee Whiskey by Christ Stapleton...DORKISHBARBI!

Christian:
-this definitely would be a song that played in my family's car on a roadtrip, he does have such an alluring voice and the song definitely is the most "country" out of all the songs so far, i liked it! (4/12)

Kellen:
Honestly, this song is so fucking good. Like I know it’s popular but the vocals, the beat, just everything about this song is so good. I love Chris Stapleton and this is his best work. Overall, this definitely sticks out to me and should definitely be in the top. Sings this song so hard and pretends I'm hitting the notes! (2/12)

Scott:
I love this song so fucking much. Yes, I hear it every time I go to a bar in Alabama, but it’s so smooth and different than a lot of other country songs. It’s pleasant and easy going but his high notes are phenomenal. As much as I love all these female artists, something about a man’s rougher raspy voice in country makes me go wild. Safe but STRONG submission. Will be near the top for me. (3/12)

Average: 3.00
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 3/12 with Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain...WASHED_RAVIOLI!

Christian:
-scott's pants just stretched out so far seeing her submitted. she has really good songs in my opinion, this is one of the ones i'm more neutral on. it'll rank higher but not top for me. (6/12)

Kellen:
MOM! Shania is the queen of authentic country. This is definitely the better of the two Shania submissions. One of my fav songs of her in general like such a bop and definitely one we going to be singing along to and screaming in the car, duh. This is the song I found myself singing along to the most which is why it’s top 3. (3/12)

Scott:
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. My girl. Shania and Alan Jackson are my two favorite country singers by far. It isn’t even closer. I have listened to every song on every album from both of them. I absolutely adore her and think she has such class and a unique voice. This song is such a bop. It is so catchy and how could you not want to dance to this? This will be right near the top. So glad you submitted this whoever you are! (1/12)

Average: 3.33
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 4/12 with Cowboy Cassanova by Carrie Underwood...INSANITY!

Christian:
-okay as bored as i am with someone submitting carrie, this song is undeniably a bop. it is so catchy and is one of her best songs in my humble opinion. great pick! (2/12)

Kellen:
Honestly, if you were going to do Carrie, I’m glad you did a song like this one that doesn’t always get the recognition it deserves. She has an amazing voice and it shows in this song and another one I was jamming along to. Fun fact, she was one of my first concerts and this was a big song of hers back then! I love my mom. (5/12)

Scott:
A classic bop. Carrie has been on top of the country world for awhile. I love this song and have listened to it for many years now. I do like a couple of the other well-known songs (at least to me) more so this might not be as high as expected but it won’t be near the bottom. Good safe submission. (7/12)

Average: 4.67
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 5/12 with Chaser by Jennifer Nettles...JAXON!

Christian:
-omg this is so good...i've never heard of this queen but she really slayed this song so much harder than it had any right being slayed...edit: oh she's in sugarland LMAO no wonder i liked her so much. mom (1/12)

Kellen:
Honestly, I sorta hate Sugarland and wasn’t expecting much from miss Jennifer. I’ve never heard this song, but I surprisingly liked it? One of her best songs. I like the buildup of the song, I actually like her voice here. (6/12)

Scott:
This was really good. She has a very unique voice for country and you really hear her true country when she sings deep. Overall, I enjoyed the rhythm and the contrast from the chorus to the other parts. This wasn’t a well-known song like some of the others as well so I appreciate the risk taking. I do like some of the other submissions a bit more and this will end up in the middle somewhere for me. (8/12)

Average: 5.00
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 6/12 with Somebody Like That by Tenille Arts...MAXI1234!

Christian:
-it had the POTENTIAL to be a bop alert but i felt it fell a little...flat? it was catchy, but not mesmerizing. good song but not amazing. (5/12)

Kellen:
Tenille is one of the best new additions to country music, she has a beautiful voice and her songs are very country! This song flows really well and builds up to certain points throughout the song, I really like that you went with a non-superstar singer and hit the mark! (7/12)

Scott:
Wow, I haven’t heard this before and she is very talented. It really didn’t get up and go like I was wanting but not bad by any means. There were a lot of good submissions this round and this was probably on the lower end out of the ones I did enjoy. It’ll end up towards the lower part of what I consider my mid-tier. (10/12)

Average: 7.33
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 7/12 with You Make it Easy by Jason Aldean...HISOKA!

Christian:
-it was...good. idk this song is like fine but i didn't really get into it like some of the others. it'll prob do fine if i had to guess. don't really have too much to say about it  (8/12)

Kellen:
The BOPS keep rolling in! Y’all making it hard this round. This is very authentic country to me, his country voice is so good and this song is so good. It’s something everyone wants to sing along to (I did) because it’s that good and that catchy!! (4/12)

Scott:
Jason Aldean is so talented but I wasn’t really feeling this song. It was a slower song and I really only listen to upbeat country when I actually do listen which is rare. This just didn’t stand out to me and I felt it was the same sound the entire way through. This will probably be closer to the bottom than the top for me…but this is authentic. (11/12)

Average: 7.67 (you tied for 7th but two of three judges had you higher ranked)
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 8/12 with Girl in a Country Song by Maddie & Tae...ILOVETOSING!

Christian:
-these are definitely anti vax trumpers...anyway the song was good enough. i wish the background instrumental was a little less quiet because i feel it overshadowed them most of the song. still catchy (9/12)

Kellen:
Gotta love the country TWANG they have. There isn’t a boring part to the song and this is something you definitely can turn up and sing along too, especially the chorus. I really do think this is authentic country and fits the theme really well, it just didn't stand out. (10/12)

Scott:
Omg, I have never listened to this one before but I absolutely fucking love it. It’s authentic and epitomizes country to its finest. The message in the song is also spectacular as they break traditional country girl roles that country guys put them in. I really enjoyed it and will be rewarding this less known song over some of the more popular ones. (4/12)

Average: 7.67 (you tied for 7th but only one judge had you higher ranked)
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 9/12 with Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under by Shania Twain...DELETE2544!

Christian:
-oh two shania songs...AND BACK TO BACK LMAO? anyway this one is the inferior one in my opinion, wasn't rly vibing as much. and the bad thing is with two of the same artists, you inevitably make comparisons. :/ (10/12)

Kellen:
Another Shania bop! This one doesn’t do it as much for me as any man of mine, but it’s still a song that most people who like country would sing along too. Compared to some other songs, it isn’t my favourite but this round was really hard because everyone seemed to bring their A game, prob a MOTR song. (8/12)

Scott:
OMG another bop from Shania. Ditto to everything said in the other one about Shania. Unfortunately, I do prefer the other song. But like she is fucking beautiful and hot. I would marry her if I was straight. Even though I don’t like it as much as the other song submitted by her, it brings back so much nostalgia for me when I listened as I was growing up. This will wind up somewhere in the middle. (6/12)

Average: 8.00
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 10/12 with Is There Life Out There by Reba McEntire...HOWLOVELY!

Christian:
-reba has such a sultry voice...the song itself was nice! it didn't really hit as hard as some of other ones but it was pleasant enough i suppose. (7/12)

Kellen:
Honestly, Reba has some bigger bops. I like the chorus of this song but the rest really does nothing for me, sort of bland. I do loveeee Reba’s voice though she’s so iconic. (11/12)

Scott:
I LOVE Reba. I don’t think this is one of her best but it still showcases her beautiful voice. How can you not love her? A solid submission this round and it’ll wind up somewhere in the middle for me. (9/12)

Average: 9.00
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Will our bottom two please step forward.

Loonie and Heavenlee, you both have given us some bops so far this game but one of you is leaving us tonight. The person going home actually ranked higher by 2/3 judges but the averages are what matters!
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 11/12 with I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink by Merle Haggard...STRAIGHTLOONIE!

Christian:
-no offense but this man has a really SQUAWKY voice that made this song not pleasant in the slightest. the pacing was pretty horrid as well, i'm sorry i would be shocked if this isn't dead last for me (12/12)

Kellen:
oh you really went for the AUTHENTIC here, Mearle definitely fits the bill. However, this is the song that just didn’t get me excited really like it was very anti-climactic in my opinion. I was sorta bored. (12/12)

Scott:
Lmao idk if the other two will appreciate this one but it’s definitely something that I would listen to at a bar. Especially on broadway in Nashville. I can just see the dueling pianos going back and forth playing this song. It’s slow BUT you can hear the authentic country voice and rhythm throughout. Even though there were places without words, a lot of country is playing a variety of instruments and letting you just dance to it. This wont be right near the top but will wind up somewhere in the middle. Nice choice! (5/12)

Average: 9.67
893 days 11 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Which means unfortunately going home and...

Ranking 12/12 with Would You Go With Me by Josh Turner...HEAVENLEE!

Christian:
- i feel his deep voice really hurt him LMAO this felt so monotone and there's nothing really that is sucking me in to it or distinguishing it with the other songs this round. (11/12)

Kellen:
This is something you’d hear while riding your tractor around a farm, authentic! I do like this song and his voice being deep af is a change, however I don’t love the lead up to the chorus all the time. The chorus is REALLY good though, which makes up for it. But other songs are better throughout the songs entirety, which is why this is in the middle. (9/12)

Scott:
This was alright. Josh is very talented and I’ve heard plenty of his songs over the years but this one didn’t really excite me. It portrayed a very nice message and was very sweet but didn’t really impress me like I was wanting. This will be closer to the bottom for me. (12/12)

Average: 10.67

open group

_, Kellen, & Scott Music Contest (_KSMC)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!