This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ROUND 8: MR. WORLDWIDE

Topic » ROUND 8: MR. WORLDWIDE

859 days 20 hours ago
sjsoccer88
We want your best song that is not in the English language. It can be any genre or language but cannot be English. If the song is predominantly in another language (i.e. 95-99% non-English and a few words or a line is in English) then that is ok but don't push it. The song must originally be not in English. Don't give us a Spanish artist that covers an English song in Spanish.

To help the judges out, it might be helpful to include translated lyrics or even a lyrics video that has the words dubbed in English. Or provide an alternate way such as a brief sentence or two so we can better understand the song. Not a requirement but could help.

Deadline is 8 pm CST Friday, January 7, 2021.
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Final 8! Soon Final 7. Things are slowly wrapping up and we shall now reveal the results of your submissions from around the world. Honestly, this was a strong round from most of you and I was thoroughly impressed with some of the selections.

As always, we will start from the top and work our way down to the bottom, I mean kellen.
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 1/8 with Play by John Tsai…DELETE2544!

Christian:
probably the weakest of the k-pop submissions this week but i still really enjoyed it, the bar was just very high for this week. the beat was good, i wish her voice was a tad...shouty almost? but bop anyway (5/8)

Kellen:
BOP! I’m surprised this one had like one of the fewest number of views. It has a GREAT beat you could get down to at the club and you can hear the attitude in her voice when she’s spitting them lyrics. Great choice. (2/8)

Scott:
YESSSSS. So the black eyed peas are one of my favorite music groups of all time. And I really got a lot of vibes from some songs of theirs especially in the beginning of this song. This is upbeat and honestly a bop. I honestly might put this on my playlist and I’m not kidding. This will either be first or right after it for me. (1/8)

Average: 2.67
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 2/8 with Sugar Free by T-ARA…HOWLOVELY!

Christian:
oh...my...god! this introduction...its like exactly what i love...dances so hard in my bed with freedrick! sugar free! a song catered just for me as a diabetic...nods nods nods you understood the assignment with this song. honestly one of my favorite submissions all season. amazing job. (1/8)

Kellen:
Oh the beat grabbed my attention instantly, bop! The entire song really seems catchy if I like knew what they were saying haha, like it sounds like something people can easily sing and dance too and there was no “boring” part of this song. (4/8)

Scott:
LMAO. I mean whatever. It’s upbeat and though I wouldn’t probably ever have this on my playlist, it’s better than several other submissions. Sorta repetitive so that’s why it won’t be at the top but won’t be near the bottom either. Good submission! (5/8)

Average: 3.33
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 3/8 with Je decolle by Marie-Mai…JAXON!

Christian:
it was good yes but it felt a little...idk lackluster? this week has really been hitting hard for me and this song just didn't do it as well as some others did. she had a nice voice and all but it felt a bit...generic almost? (8/8)

Kellen:
This is probably going to be my favourite submission, the song/beat really grabs you and her voice is really nice! Overall, seems like a fun song that would be played often wherever it’s from! (1/8)

Scott:
A bop. I actually enjoyed this song a lot. Idk if it is the French making it sound better than it would be in another language but I was really vibing to this one and would listen to it again. This is going to be near the top for me. (2/8)

Average: 3.67
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 4/8 with 오늘 조금 취해서 그래 (Abittipsy) by YOUHA…INSANITY!

Christian:
another home run from this week...ugh of course it would be my theme that makes all these songs snap so  much...anyway loved the high energy vibes from this, my only critique was the singer got a bit overshadowed at times but that rly is just nitpicking at this point. (2/8)

Kellen:
oh wow this song seems super cute! The beat is nice, she has a good voice and the song keeps your attention which some did not! Overall, has all the elements of a good song! (5/8)

Scott:
It’s ok. Sounds like some Ariana song I wouldn’t like. It’s not the worst but just isn’t my taste or style. The background music is so loud at times, I could barely even hear what she was saying. Didn’t like this one that much and will be in the lower half of my rankings this round. (6/8)

Average: 4.33 (you tied for 4th but two of three judges had you higher ranked)
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 5/8 with Tourners Dans Le Vide by Indila… MAXI1234!

Christian:
indila is such an amazing singer and this is one of my favorite songs. the instrumental, the lyrics, the ATMOSPHERE, everything about this song is perfect, i just wish i hadn't heard it before so i could be exposed to it for the first time again...hugs <3 (3/8)

Kellen:
I really enjoyed her voice and it was a song that really built up well throughout. The beat is also something I vibed with. I don’t know a single word she is saying but it sounds like she’s a good storyteller, which is a huge compliment for an artist. (3/8)

Scott:
This was ok. Never really excited me. She has a lovely voice and there are parts I really enjoyed but it sorta sounded the same the entire time. Not my favorite and it sounded like it was opera echoing a lot for me and that isn’t something I would ever listen to willingly. Will be towards the bottom for me. (7/8)

Average: 4.33 (you tied for 4th but only one judge had you higher ranked)
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 6/8 with 99 Luftballons by NENA…STRAIGHTLOONIE!

Christian:
1983...? a risk. i appreciate it. honestly where do i know this from it sounds...REALLY familiar...? the beginning sorta went harder than the middle did, but i was still really into this. a good pick! (4/8)

Kellen:
LMFAO this song is sorta iconic in a funny way, like it makes me laugh. It’s a fun song that I definitely can bop to. It’s a basic submission and I just don’t know if it hit as hard as some of the other submissions. Iconic song regardless. (7/8)

Scott:
I love this? The beat is so catchy. I swear I have heard of it before and maybe it was just music to a show I was watching that I can’t remember but idk I love her voice and it’s an older song but it’s pleasant to listen to. Some parts were slower than I would’ve liked but overall not a bad submission. The meaning behind it is also very good. This will be somewhere in the middle to higher end of my rankings. (3/8)

Average: 4.67
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Will our bottom two… WASHED_RAVIOLI and HISOKA… please join the judges up front
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
This honestly wasn’t even close. One of your songs sucked. Without even more waiting…
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 7/8 with Хочу by Kristina Si…HISOKA!

Christian:
honestly based off your description i did not expect to like it as much as i did? it was really catchy in a good way, and while i don't think this will rank super high for me, it'll prob fall middle of the road. (6/8)

Kellen:
Fun song! This song has one of the better like vibes/beats of the submissions, but her voice is just meh for me. It’s a fun song, which I would see being a hit wherever it’s from. It’s a really good submission, just submissions were super strong this round and some stood out more. (6/8)

Scott:
A BOP. I love it. It is so good and I love Russian. This was like funny to me and idk it was way more enjoyable to listen to than a lot of the other submissions for me this round. It reminds me of another song that I can’t think of right now that has a similar style and beat but anyways this is a good submission and it’ll do well for me. (4/8)

Average: 5.33
855 days 2 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Which means unfortunately going home and…

Ranking 8/8 with En Nuit by VIDEOCLUB…WASHED_RAVIOLI!

Christian:
aw this had a very cute passing off vibe that i liked but it was a little too...simplistic at times? i just wanted a bit more from them and they just weren't giving it to me. this is a strong week so the critiques really are getting NITPICKY! (7/8)

Kellen:
Nuit means bedtime, right? This song is something I’d throw on when I’m tired. It honestly sounds like a conversation between two people for the majority of the song which like doesn’t do it for me. It had some nice parts in the chorus, but overall it just didn’t hit with me compared to others, there wasn’t a part that really caught my attention. (8/8)

Scott:
Awful. Monotone. I was excited at first because it was a male and female and I thought it would be showcasing both of them and contrasting with each other, and well, it did showcase but idk how this even has 10 million views. I did not enjoy this and would never listen to it again. If it isn’t at the bottom, it’s because another song sucked even more. (8/8)

Average: 7.67
855 days 2 hours ago
HowLovely
TOP 7.

open group

_, Kellen, & Scott Music Contest (_KSMC)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!