This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Assignment 8: Water

Topic » Assignment 8: Water

5081 days 13 hours ago
Emma
Now only five contestants remain in the competition, and by the end of this assignment that will be narrowed down to four.

For this assignment, you must submit a photo that involves water.

Good luck!
5081 days 11 hours ago
cwustu89
This shot is enticing in a way. The girl seems almost angry and vacant at the same time. She seems to have had something bad happen to her and now she is just laying there letting the water shut out the world.

http://naturalbornchaos.deviantart.com/art/Hello-Pitty-69056360?qj=3&q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Aphotography%2Fpeople%2Ffashion+water&qo=946
5081 days 10 hours ago
gxvgxv94
So in this photo the model is posing underwater and i find this to be an alluring shot. The look in her eyes, the red tint in her hair, and her hand beckoning towards you are all enticing. The model looks exquisite underwater.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2487/3948466841_3b70effb98_o.jpg
5081 days 9 hours ago
britishboiii00
The girls skin tone just compliments the background everything the rocks just show a very calming surrounding... Enjoy!

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=water%20modeling&order=9&offset=216#/d1lhsli
5080 days 21 hours ago
xbeckywxx
http://underwaterphotography.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/jheller-ny-2557.jpg
i chose this photo because i thought it was a risk :/
i like the fact she is underwater and is using the phone which i thought was really clever
also the way the woman is staring straight at camera and it isnt a threatening glance either i also like hte plian fashion
5080 days 12 hours ago
GoAlexandra
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/Sp5YzhMWF1I/AAAAAAAAu2s/c91VVYY1uLk/s400/underwater_photography_07.jpg
I chose this photo because I love the angles she creates with her body and the way her face hits the light
5079 days 17 hours ago
anthony2011class
cwu - i don't get this at all, i don't even see a water aspect.
gxv - this is a typical water shot, i thought the pose was amazing, and the water effect.
britishboi -much better this time around, though not in  water its surrounding you.
becky - this is a good shot, it looks a bit glamorous as well, unique.. i would've prefer more raw in the photo but it was good.
goalexandra - this is really fierce, her body language is fantastic!
5079 days 15 hours ago
cwustu89
just to clarify, she's not entirely underwater but the water is up past her ears... it never specified underwater, just water in general
5079 days 12 hours ago
anthony2011class
ill look into it!
5078 days 11 hours ago
Nakomis
I just want to say that I am disappointed this round. As a group, you did poorly, and I was thoroughly unimpressed by your performances.

cwustu89 – I know that the model is lying in water, so I do not doubt your use of the theme. However, it is nowhere near apparent enough. If I didn’t know to look closely, I would have thought this was a girl standing against a wall with wind blowing her hair. It’s also heavy in a bad way. The moody gloomy feel can work in many shots, but it doesn’t here. I think part of it is the black holes that are her eyes. There is just too much make-up on them. At this point in the competition, you should be able to recognize whether or not shots strongly represent the theme, and you should have an editing eye for things like styling.

gxvgxv94 – Congratulations on having the only shot that I think is good. This is the kind of shot I was hoping to see in a water-themed challenge. The model is submersed in water, and there isn’t too much going on that distracts you. The model’s position is interesting and catches your eye. Her face is strong as well. The light in this shot is amazing. I especially like the red coming up from the model’s hair.

britishboiii00 – This is one of the better modeling shots of the bunch, but the focus is absolutely not on the water. It is not only in the background, but the model, her hair, and her dress are all dark like the rocks. The shot seems to be more about hard lines (jagged rocks, interesting haircut, and angled pose) than the flow of water. You should be able to see that this shot doesn’t represent the theme as well as it could.

xbeckywxx – There is undoubtedly too much going on in this shot. The model is in a pool, with a cheetah-print coat, holding a phone (how would you use a phone underwater?), a glass container, and a red candle. Nothing in this shot is coherent. Again I stress that at this stage, you must be able to tell what a good choice is and what a bad choice is. This shot is a bad choice.

GoAlexandra – I would first like to say that this is the second of your shots that is grainy and can’t be enlarged well. Next, the lighting in this shot makes it difficult to see what is going on. It looks like Keira Knightley was trying to get married (dress), but was thrown into the water and attacked by an octopus. The rescue submarine’s headlights can be seen in the background. The model’s face is strong, but other than that I really don’t get this shot.
5078 days 9 hours ago
cwustu89
I don't mean to be ungrateful but the fact that you can't tell that she is in water is part of the reason i chose the shot in the first place. I also chose it because of the emotions portrayed and the fact that the only thing that you can really see when you look at this picture is her eyes which are so full of emotion it makes you stop and think... i should have explained that when i chose the photo as I can see now that people aren't getting why I chose the shot.
5078 days 8 hours ago
gxvgxv94
Thank you so much Nakomis and Anthony!!!!!!!!!
5077 days 8 hours ago
gxvgxv94
lolzzzz this break in judging scares me because i really, really, really want to make final 4! the wait is killing me
5076 days 10 hours ago
p0tt34
cwstu89 -  I don't see any water whatsoever, I take that back, if I look REALLY hard at this, there is water...I don't like having to overstrain everything to find the things I need.

gxvgxv94 - Very interesting shot!  I kinda like this...it's somewhat inticing. 

britishboiii00 - I like this...I love the complimenting colors of the dress, though it seems she could be a bit more interesting, tbh

xbeckywxx - Nice risk!  I do like how everything looks kinda like she's this underwater rich aristocrat. I like it.

GoAlexandra - Very interesting photo...I love the posing and the face is intense.  I love it.

open group

Next Top Model: Cycle 3

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!