This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

The Semi-Final

Topic » The Semi-Final

5073 days 16 hours ago
Emma
Congratulations on making it this far in the competition, you really should be proud of yourselves. However, at the end of this assignment, two contestants will be eliminated and we will be left with our two finalists. For the semi-final, you will be required to post two photos.

PHOTO 1: Emotion
For this photo, you must choose a photo that embodies a particular emotion. However, you must all have chosen to submit a different emotion. Please state the emotion you have chosen to feature.

PHOTO 2: Nostalgia
For this photo, you must pick one of the seven themes (you may not use Assignment 1) already featured in Cycle 2 of Next Top Model, and post a new photo that embodies said theme. Again, you must all choose a different assignment to revisit, and please state which assignment and which theme you have chosen to revisit.
5073 days 15 hours ago
britishboiii00
Well this picture show not the pretteist type of modeling but high fashion modeling like she has just lost a loved one and cant hold herself together.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=models%20being%20sad&order=9&offset=24#/d1idyvq

Photo 2:
Well i chose the assignment color, and my color theme is green and i know i chose that color last time but this one just really did stick out to me its just pops in this photo, i hope you do enjoy.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=high%20fashion%20models&order=9&offset=96#/d1imdsu
5073 days 11 hours ago
gxvgxv94
Photo 1:
In this picture, the model is portraying anger. I love the contrast of it because even though anger is supposedly a dark and evil emotion, everything about her is so pure. The simple white background and wakeup all make her look innocent, yet she is still angry about something.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DbWxDuNCFlA/SbP_XzsFSAI/AAAAAAAABOE/CGAdC0RzbX8/s400/angry-woman-md.jpg
5073 days 11 hours ago
GoAlexandra
Photo 1:
I chose Sadness/Depression I chose this photo because the face is stunning and the body language tells a story while managing to look high fashion
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xbWjYvC0Tgk/SzUz2sAwmXI/AAAAAAAABOc/tjtPYDwT490/s1600/img027.jpg
5073 days 7 hours ago
gxvgxv94
Photo 2:

I chose to revisit the animal photo shoot. The picture I chose is very simple and sweet. A girl is looking at the camera holding her baby pet white tiger. She seems to know that he will grow into a vicious animal, but she doesn't seem to care at this point. She just wants to hold him.

http://i40.tinypic.com/25sn75s.jpg
5072 days 18 hours ago
xbeckywxx
photo 1:
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/taylor-momsen-modeling-picture.jpg
i chose this photo because some people have that time when they cant decide if they are happy sad or generally ok this one i think shows tiredness and also a really highfashion shot

photo 2: i had a problem finding this photo as its a photo i have loved for ages i have choosen to do travel, the model is wearing rollerskats which is a mode of transport :) ( lol check on wikki) and i love the fashion and the way the model is posing
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=287806&l=842a75d504&id=100000475443848

thanks for getting me this far
5072 days 13 hours ago
GoAlexandra
Photo 2:
I chose the photo as love because like the cards on her dress love is a chance you never know what hand you'll get but you just have to wear your heart on your sleeve because that's what love is about, then once being loved you feel like a queen but once it gorsto far you can become snobby like the reaction on her face
http://img.listal.com/image/657560/600full-analeigh-tipton.jpg
5072 days 10 hours ago
connorthomson
personally i felt photo 2 was done a lot better than photo 1 anyways my comments

britishboii - your photo 1 was actually my favourite of all the ones out of photo 1. I love the colour just plain white and thats how shes feeling like theres nothing there its really powerful and full of emotion well done on that one. Your second photo I thought was the weakest of all the ones of photo 2 just for the fact I don’t really get what the photos trying to say the connotations I get from the colour green is wildlife outdoors and for me im not too keen on it a big risk in my opinion I don’t think its paid off but I think your photo 1 might save you.

Gxvgxv- I didn’t really like photo 1 because although she show really angry and everything that is clear too see quality wise in my opinion it is poor I do like the thick red lipstick red normally a connotation of anger so I enjoyed that. Your second photo absolutely outstanding I love it in all honesty I would of used this as your photo one maybe because emotion wise it is outstanding, shes using the little tiger as a protection barrier you can see the fear and emotion in her eyes I absolutely love it!

Becky- Your photo 1 again I want to see a risk and wow me from you but again I don’t see one its very bland and I see very little emotion in it in all honest positive note I love her pose that is fantanstic! Your photo 2 was a lot better than photo one I like the originality of it I think that was very clever and a little risk taking there very good quality wise fantastic it is a very good attempt I liked photo 2 a lot more than photo 1

Goalexandra-  Your photo one I really didn’t like very much it is very bland the colours could not possibly be any worse I know its trying to show the emotion of sadness but I really cant see it im afraid a little but not much I cant see this story you are saying but yes it is a very high fashion photo. Your photo 2 I absolutely love. Its incredible the theme of love the famous saying you play with the hand your dealt with  and I just love it high quality one of my favourites absolutely beautiful.
5069 days 6 hours ago
Nakomis
gxvgxv94 – I do not like your first shot. A model’s job is to act convincingly to make the viewer believe that what he/she is portraying is real. The “anger” in this shot is quite fake-looking. She looks like she’s trying to portray anger but she is about to crack up laughing at the same time. Models are also supposed to look pretty even if they have to look ugly for the shot. The model in this picture can’t portray anger and be pretty at the same time. The way her face is contorted is ugly. It makes me think that the model is amateur because she can’t pull off an ethereal anger pose. The model in your second shot is the complete opposite. Even though only one eye is showing, it commands your attention and is haunting. The white tiger cub and purple scarf pull the shot together. You did well on the second assignment.

britishboiii00 – “She has just lost a loved one and can’t hold herself together.” The last time I checked, that is not an emotion. Maybe you meant despair, depression, or sorrow? The model has the same dark eye make-up that I criticized in cwustu89’s shot last round, but it works in this shot. The model’s face and body position make the emotion believable. The black-and-white of this shot adds to the harshness and piercing emotion that it emits. Your second photo caught me by surprise. I thought it was extremely clever for you to use this for green. I think many people would say black for this because everything is black except for the chairs. However, the chairs are what pop in this shot and it makes the green stand out the most. I like the model’s pose and facial expression. All together, the shot works and looks good.

xbeckywxx – I honestly don’t understand why you even considered submitting your first photo. It is purely amateur modeling and I see absolutely nothing high fashion about it at all. “Some people have that time when they can’t decide if they are happy sad or generally okay. This one I think shows tiredness and also a really high fashion shot.” Tiredness isn’t really an emotion in my opinion and if you chose tiredness I don’t even know why you would include the entire first sentence of that. This reminds me of a shot from the first assignment that I didn’t like. I don’t know why anything resembling poor submissions from the first assignment would be showing up now. You absolutely must do better. The second shot is better but I still don’t like it that much. It’s much too pale and pasty. The model herself looks like she just wet her pants and is trying to cover it up. Her face doesn’t help either. Overall I think you did quite poorly this round and I will be surprised if you survive.

GoAlexandra – For your first shot, I can see sadness in the model’s face, but that is not the emotion I would have paired with the photo on my own. I agree that the photo tells a story while still remaining high fashion, which I appreciate. It’s not the most amazing shot I’ve seen, but it does the job and isn’t bad. I recognized Analeigh Tipton in your second shot which was a pleasant surprise. I have no idea what assignment you were revisiting. It seemed like both of your shots were an emotion? The shot itself is okay and I do get the conceit in the face like you mentioned. I don’t see the high fashion element in it, but like your first shot it is not bad.
5069 days 5 hours ago
britishboiii00
when i say she had just lost a loved one i ment like pain
5069 days 1 hour ago
p0tt34
I'm sorry that I've taken a long time in doing critiques, I've been a bit busy trying to keep order in my life and games.  Anywhoo, here we go:

britishboiii00:
Emotion: I like this, it shows a lot of emotion.  Nice job!

Nostalgia: This is extremely nice.  I love how the gren pops out against the rest of the colors.  Nicely done!

gxvgxv94:
Emotion:  Hmm..simple but her face seems forced.  Like fake screaming.  It's what's throwing the photo off.

Nostalgia: Cute and simple, but the model and the animal almost blend in too well with the background.

Go Alexandra:
Emotion: Interesting choice, not many go for depression.  You can tell there is something eating at her.  However, it also has a hint of stuck upedness.

Nostalgia: Very nice take on this!  I do like it.  Though the funny thing is some couples don't get snobby, their love grows sour, and people become bitter.  But this is still an overall good photo.

xbeckywxx:
Emotion: Boring.  This doesn't seem high fashion at all.  This just is someone posing in an unique way.  Sorry. :(

Nostalgia: I like this photo, and how it matches thee theme.  Also, it does well, and this saves you a bit.
5068 days 18 hours ago
Nakomis
I want to correct something I had said to GoAlexandra. I missed the word "love" in your photo description but when I re-read it, I realized you were going back to the Love assignment.
5068 days 17 hours ago
GoAlexandra
Thanks Nakomis :)

open group

Next Top Model: Cycle 3

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!