This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC - Record of the Year 2011

Topic » TSC - Record of the Year 2011

4526 days 23 hours ago
AlphaBravo
The final TSC of 2011 will take place next week and it will be hosted by me, AlphaBravo.

The upcoming TSC will be a very special one. For the next contest, I will be looking for you to submit the best, biggest-selling songs of the year.
We will, in short, be looking to determine 2011's Record of the Year.

Therefore, the 'obvious' rule will be relaxed for this contest, and this contest only. In fact, in order for your song to count it will have been a chart hit eg. (Charted Top 20 US/Top 10 UK)

As the theme is less broad than usual, it is likely that many of you will pick the same artists. Artists will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. Artists may only be used once, so if you submit a song by an artist who has already been picked, I will reply to you and ask you to submit a new one.

I will also keep an updated list of the artists who have been chosen in this thread..

If you have been living under a rock for the past year and need a reminder of the year in music that was 2011, have a look here..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_in_American_music class="topic" rel="nofollow" href="https://tengaged.com/posts/topic/Top_hits_on_record">#Top_hits_on_record
http://acharts.us/uk_singles_top_75/yeartodate
http://www.billboard.com/news/the-best-of-2011-the-year-in-music-1005616852.story#/charts-year-end/hot-100-songs?year=2011

TSC - Record of the Year will begin on Tuesday 13th December 7pm GMT (2pm EST)

To submit a song, please mail me  with your Youtube link to your song of choice.

For a song to be eligible it must:
- Must be obvious! (Charted Top 20 US/Top 20 UK)
- Be 4:30 in length or shorter (subject to change in certain circumstances)
- Have been released as of January 1st 2011 or later
- Have a Youtube video that is embed enabled
- Studio recordings ONLY
- Must have first charted in 2011

If you have any questions, just ask!

All submissions that are received as of Tuesday 7pm GMT (2pm EST) will be eligible to play as long as they meet the above rules.
The earlier you submit the song, the more likely I can check your song to ensure if it fits the rules. If you leave your submission until late, there will be a chance that your song will NOT be allowed because it does not fit the eligibility criteria and I will not have time to tell you to change it.

Please remember that if you submit a song, you are also responsible for commenting on every song after it's posted and submitting your votes before the deadline. Please take these responsibilities seriously and take the time and effort to listen to each song in its entirety and write relevant comments on each song and submit your votes before deadline. If you do not want to take on these responsibilities, please do not submit a song.
4526 days 22 hours ago
Jubbzy
It's him, AlphaBravo
4526 days 19 hours ago
Limegrass
oh god, i can actually imagine all the songs people have entered lol .... this is actually awks
4526 days 4 hours ago
Limegrass
oh god -_- tough competition lol, imma fail in this contest lol
4526 days 3 hours ago
connorthomson
im confident about my song :P
4526 days 3 hours ago
Limegrass
im confident in the song, cause its my fave but im not sure if its other peoples faves lol
4526 days 3 hours ago
77sparks77
Two favourite artists have been chosen! ¬_¬ Whoever is  Coldplay/Ed Sheeran best watch themselves! I will be having trivia sessions to prove I am still their bigger fan! Grrr! ¬_¬
4526 days 2 hours ago
Limegrass
xD you can imagine what each song is gonna be so yeah ..... i know who im voting for already but of course i will happily listen to them all again
4525 days 23 hours ago
77sparks77
I can't find any songs, everyone is picking them! Best be the good ones! ¬_¬
4525 days 23 hours ago
77sparks77
One song I wanted is 41st in the US charts! >>:(
4525 days 23 hours ago
bibbles
i was going to pick the wanted, mini bibs fav, but its gone already!!!!
4525 days 22 hours ago
Limegrass
=  / well i wonder which song they chose lol cause it cant be like All Time Low or any early ones
4525 days 21 hours ago
Gueld
I haven't even heard of some of these acts :s
4525 days 3 hours ago
Limegrass
:O omg i completely forgot about taylor swift ..... crap ... im not changing though xD
4524 days 9 hours ago
imxrated93
It's good to be back!
4524 days 1 hour ago
Limegrass
OH S*** I FORGOT ABOUT REBECCA BLACK AS WELL !!!!!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!