This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Norway 2011 - Stella Mwangi & Racism

Topic » Norway 2011 - Stella Mwangi..

4815 days 21 hours ago
Alfieboy92
Hey this is Alfie, I am from Norway and im a huge fan of ESC.
Anyway..

In the Norwegian media and forums is a lot of discussions going on.

Their problem is.. she doesnt represent anything norwegian.

One of the coment was "We should have some song that represent Norway and who we are, show that we got a beautiful country with good values.. not that we let in too many imigrants".

I feel its unfair towards Stella who grew up in Norway, she won a competition with a song that represents her and who she is, and she gets so much crap thrown at her for it because its not Norwegian enough..

Now.. Was Alexander Rybak very Norwegian? Not at all, he is from Belarus and his song was inspired by eastern european music, nobody complained back then.

And its not many years before that we had Guri Schanke representing us with a latino inspired song.

Both Guri and Alexander never got any shit.. (Atleast not because they didnt represent Norway enough)

This is only because Stella is black.

Racism.
4815 days 20 hours ago
Patrick319
I completely agree!
4815 days 19 hours ago
Amanyaman
wow...

she doesn't deserve that ://
4815 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
AGREEE!!!! LOVE STELLA SOOO MUCHHHH!
4752 days 9 hours ago
SPARTANJACK
I do agree that she doesn't show anything Norwegian... but it's different, and it's good. But i'm not sure it's racism, i think it's because the two languages spoken in the song are English and Swahili... it wouldh've been nice to see English, Norwegian and Swahili. Or just English, either way people are reading too much into it.
4743 days 19 hours ago
Alfieboy92
Nobody had any problem with it a few years ago when we had a white woman singing in English and Spanish.

And Alexander Rybak did not show anything norwegian, he was more russian inspired.

And what was norwegian about Didrik last year? He sung an english song that was similar to the one Ireland used.
4743 days 19 hours ago
Alfieboy92
But it has cooled down now lol, not a problem anymore
4428 days 6 hours ago
MrCriminalJustice
I quite liked Stella Mwangi

open group

Eurovision Song Contest Fan Club

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!