This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ROUND 91 - Week of Oct 20, 2013 - 4

Topic » ROUND 91 - Week of Oct 20,..

3861 days 11 hours ago
zimdelinvasor
I know I said the next round (aka this one) would be our first Lightning Round, but first I want to make sure everyone understands the concept.

As quoted from the initial Rules thread:

"I may randomly create exciting "lightning rounds", in which the pace of the game is sped up and you must post within the next 48 hours - or, even more exciting, within the next day! Who knows?"

I have thought about the concept a bit more since then and modified it. There will be two kinds of LIGHTNING ROUNDS -- Lightning Rounds, and Super Lightning Rounds.

In the first kind, an ordinary Lightning Round, you have a set period of time from the time of my first post in which you are allowed to post. I will post a thread denoted {LR}, and say in the first post "You have X hours to get your post in." That means that instead of the round ending on Saturday, the round will end however long I said you had after the thread is posted.
Example: If I said "You have 24 hours your post in", you'd have until some time on Monday, whenever it has been exactly 24 hours since I made my first post.
^ This one is pretty simple.

Where it gets more complicate is with the second kind, the Super Lightning Round! In a Super Lightning Round, you have a set period of time in which you are allowed to post, but you don't know when the time starts. I will post a thread denoted {LR!} or something, and say in the first post "This is a SUPER Lightning Round! Once I make my next post, you have X hours to get your post in."
Example: I post the thread on Sunday and say "Once I make my next post, you have 24 hours to get your post in". That means that you /cannot/ post on that Sunday right when I open up the thread. You have to wait until I post AGAIN, and then you have a time window in which to post. So maybe I make the thread on Sunday and say "You have 24 hours from the time of my next post." Then I comment in the thread again on Wednesday. That means you can ONLY post in the 24 hour window of Wednesday->Thursday. So, the same as an ordinary Lightning Round, except the time window doesn't start right when I post the thread; it starts whenever I next post.

Make sense?
If you have questions, speak up!!
If not, then the next round will be some kind of Lightning Round. For now, this one will still be a normal round where all you have to do is post.
3861 days 9 hours ago
nbkiller
got it! Sounds like fun!

on another note, I'm FINALLY the first person to post!
3861 days 8 hours ago
ShazamMcAmazing
LEAVE IT YEAH
TWO TWOS
3861 days 6 hours ago
michael222
No questions from me :)
3861 days 5 hours ago
Snowgirl57
I am ready! Let's do this
3861 days 3 hours ago
zimdelinvasor
y'all are fast

open group

The World's Longest Group Game

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!