This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Cast Reveal and Audition Critiques!

Topic » Cast Reveal and Audition..

5077 days 9 hours ago
krisbliss
Welcome to the cast reveal and audition critiques show!  First of all, thanks everyone who applied.  I'm really excited to get started, and I think this will be a really fun competition.

Everyone who applied to be a singer has made the cast.  The following 17 people will be competing to be Tengaged's Idol.

1. Danteman453
2. shatteringwindows
3. Jermin119
4. Drench
5. BlackWidow
6. BengalBoy
7. blogs
8. anthony2011class
9. 77sparks77
10.TolisKalkas
11.RJ18
12.jdog
13.Runner430
14.anitareak
15.Tigger
16.FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT
17.Emmaleigh

GL to all 17 of you!  I know that you all will bring everything you have to the competition.

The following people will be the ones judging you for this season!

rohvenk1 (not confirmed yet)
soccerguy0428
hotdogsalad
BioDork
Josh742
Krisbliss

You can also see on the main page there is a lit of themes.  The list should be pretty accurate for the most part, but there may be some changes made if necessary. 

The following people submitted auditions in their application:

1.blogs
2.RJ18
3.TolisKalkas
4.anthony2011class
5.Danteman453
6.FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT
7,BengalBoy
8.Drench
9.77sparks77
10.anitareak
11.Emmaleigh

The judges will now critique your auditions.   This could give you an advantage in that you will know better what you need to do for the following rounds.

Judges, you can now post your comments in this thread when you're ready.  GL contestants!  The first official round will be posted either tonight or tomorrow.
5077 days 8 hours ago
Emmaleigh
Bio, you better judge me fairly ;)
5077 days 8 hours ago
Emmaleigh
wow sparks, that was amazing!
5077 days 7 hours ago
BioDork
To everyone: This is a very diverse cast, which is a great thing. I know I have very different relationships with each of you. Please don't look at me as a bias judge, I'm going to do by best to pretend I just met you all. If anyone feels, I'm not doing as I should be, please let me know.

I'm not deaf or blind. I know no one here is an expert, and I understand no one will be writing albums after this. I'm not an expert, so don't expect my comments to be something a real judge would say, but I'm going to do my best.

Ben: Great Job! I really liked your audition. What I liked about this, is how your guitar was an amazing prop, but it didn't take the spot light. Some instrumental performances have the instrument do all the work, and I felt your voice did a great job by itself.

Rj18: You have a very nice voice. I had no idea what the words meant, but I loved how you brought (I'm assuming at least) your culture into your audition. Don't make it a habit, picking songs that are in a different language, but I'm sure you wont have an issue with that.

TolisKalkas: You got a great county voice. But it seemed to lack excitement. Don't just sing it, put a lot of feeling into. It just seems like you snag the words, in a country voice, which is good, but I think it would sound better if you put more feeling into it.

Anthony: I think you prove a lot of people wrong with your voice. When speaking in your normal speaking voice, I don't think anyone would look at you, and think you are a good singer, but I honestly like your singing voice a lot. There were a couple spots you could have improved the tone, but at the moment, I'm going based on voice and not the entire song. I think you did a great job Anthony.

FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT: Your song reminded me of one of those songs that would play on a TV show, while you see the actors just moving around. (Probably have no idea what I'm talking about)! But anyway, your voice was kind of soothing in a way. But the words to the song were a little depressing, but I liked this song. I'm looking forward to see the rest of your performances.

Dru: Very comical performance! I enjoyed it, it made me giggle, but I don't know if this was singing. I think you relied more on the background music for your audition. I want to hear more of you. Those parts you started to ramble, was comical, but I don't know if that was necessary. Put more song in your next performance. (Don't miss your lyrics)

Drench: Seemed like a theater audition performance. I'd by lying if I said I liked it, but I think you have potential. It seemed like you were reading the lyrics, and just guessing the way it sounded.

Sparks: WOW! Amazing audition. I think this was actually my favorite so far. The only thing I want to see in your next performance, is turn down the background music down  just a bit! I want to hear more off you and less of the background. I actually had my head bobbing in parts of it. Great Job!!! Looking forward to more of your songs as well.

Denteman453: Good job Denteman! I don't know if it was just my computer, but I think the music cut off after 2 minutes? Just need a tad more feeling in your songs, like you are rocking out dancing, while singing. Try to get less music, more voice!

Emily: You do have a good singing voice, this was my favorite song choice, and I think for this competition, you did great. It's actually one of few songs I recognized, I'd say this was probably in my top 3 or 4 auditions. I'm looking forward to see how you do in this competition. My only advice for now is background noise. Try to keep the clearing of the throat out of it as you did from the start, and get skype out of there!!!! But good job!
5077 days 7 hours ago
anthony2011class
thank you so much! ^.^. it means alot <3.
5077 days 6 hours ago
Drench
thanks (y)
5077 days 5 hours ago
Emmaleigh
aw thanks bio... BFFL <3
5077 days 5 hours ago
TolisKalkas
thnx for the feedback!!! I will def work harder for the next one
5076 days 19 hours ago
77sparks77
Thx sooo much guys :')
5076 days 16 hours ago
krisbliss
Thanks so much again everyone for auditioning :D.  I will post my comments now on those who submitted an entry.

blogs:  I really liked this audition a lot.  I agree with Bio that the guitar did not overshadow your voice.  You have a great quality to your voice, and I'm looking forward to what you will bring in the future.

RJ18:  You have a really great voice.  I like how you incorporated your culture into your audition, and you delivered it really well.  I only wish it was a little bit longer.  I also agree with Bio that it would probably be better to pick the majority of songs in English just so more can understand them, but I'm sure you were planning on doing that.  Great job!

Tolis:  I thought this was a good audition!  You have a great voice, and I enjoy listening to it.  If you can show us your passion even more in your future songs, then I think you have a great chance at succeeding in this competition!

Anthony:  To me, your voice is really unique, and I think that will help you stand out in the competition. I think your audition was quite good, and I think you have the potential to do well.  I would love to see you let loose and even more and sing something real upbeat (even more than your audition).

FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT:  The guitar is nice in this song, and I like the smoothness in your voice. The song can have a tendency to get a tad boring, but I think you are one who can grow in the competition.  I can't wait to hear you sing something that is upbeat.

Dru:  Your performance definitely brought the humor element.  It wasn't exactly the best audition, but you did seem to have fun with it which is important.  I would love to see you do something a little bit more serious next time because I know you can shine.

Drench:  This did seem theater, but I liked a lot of the elements in it.  I liked how it was pretty upbeat and wasn't depressing at all.  I think you're another contestant who can grow throughout the competition.

Sparks:  This was a wonderful audition!   You have an amazing voice, and I'm really excited to all of your future performance.  I can see you blowing us away since your audition was so great.  Well done!

Dante:  I thought this was a fun song choice.  I agree that it would be great to hear more of your voice and more energy/excitement when you're singing.  I think you did well though for the first audition. 

Emily:  I think this was a fantastic audition.  You have a really nice voice to listen to, and I'm excited to hear what songs you will choose in the future.  I would say to just keep picking songs you love and know you can deliver well.

Anita (audition no longer posted):  This audition was real good.  I'm also looking forward to what songs you will pick in the following rounds.  Like Emily, I think you should choose songs you are comfortable with and know you will have fun performing.  I think you have a great potential, and your audition was very good for your first song in the competition.
5076 days 5 hours ago
BengalBoy
very good judging both of you, i did rely on humour cuz im shite at singing but i'll try my best in future for you two :P
5075 days 17 hours ago
Drench
thanks krisbliss, appreciated <3

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!