This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Critique/Results Show #1

Topic » Critique/Results Show #1

5057 days 4 hours ago
krisbliss
Welcome to the first critique/results show.  Here is where the judges will make comments on the songs you have sang for performance show #1. 

Here is a list of all the performance for this round.

1. Anita: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/dream-a-little-dream-2325451.html
2. Anthony: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/af6b785d4
3. Emmaleigh: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/mamma-mia-2331219.html
4. RJ: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/chains-2332979.html
5. Dante: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/the-kill-2333710.html
6. FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/aeb90afac
7. Tolis: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/tik-tok-2335157.html
8. BengalBoy: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/b2823c3fc
9. shatteringwindows: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b3704e57c
10. BlackWidow: http://www.zshare.net/audio/7771760148e39669/
11.blogs: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b2b025534
12.Jermin: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/from-the-bottom-of-my-2340059.html
13.Drench: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/astronaut-2340369.html
14.Runner: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/paper-gangsta-2345045.html

Judges, you can make your comments on each performance in this thread.  After you make your comments on each song, please rank the contestants from 1-14 (1 being best and 14 being worst).

Since sparks hasn't posted a song, he will automatically be in the bottom three.  The 2 contestants who rank the lowest between all 5 judges will join sparks in an elimination poll, and one will be eliminated.  GL everyone!
5057 days 4 hours ago
Emmaleigh
Anyone want an alliance?
5057 days 3 hours ago
hotdogsalad
Anita:Good you got talent but i dont like that type a music >.< but you can sing and you are in my top 5 good job :P

Anthony:It was alright i didnt hate it and i didnt love it but you are safe in my mind good job :P

Emmaaleigh:Very nice i liked it alot you are in my 3rd best good job :D

RJ:You are my best of this week i was hoping for something longer and in english and you did it plus i liked it so goodjob :D

Dante:It was okay wasnt that loud and i didnt like it that much

FRONT:it was good i liked it a little but song choice was odd and i want your guitar back :P

Tolis:I didnt like yours one i hate rap and two dosent show your music talent it shows you like beer and men and to party xD but i know your one of the top people here so your safe with me but tbh better do better next week.

Bengalboy:lol was a little better then last time but it is for shitz and giggles xD

Windows:wasnt that good little hard to hear you but i didnt like it much.

Black:was good hate waiting for the buffing thing but it was good song choice was weird but good job :D

Blogs:I liked it alot tbh the first one i thought was a little touched up but this shows me you dont need it GOOD job your my second best this week :D

Jermin:xD bad but at least you posted something.

Drench:Bad quality i couldnt understand most of it it seemed okay tho but i would try to fix it :/

Runner:umm i liked the first one alot i didnt like the second one at all so i dont know what to say :/

rankings will be up soon.
5057 days 3 hours ago
hotdogsalad
MY RANKINGS FOR WEEK ONE

1:RJ
2:Blogs
3:Emmaleigh
4:Antia
5:Black
6:Runner
7:Front
8:Tolis
9:Anothy
10:Drench
11:Dante
12:Windows
13:BengalBoy
14:jermin
5057 days 3 hours ago
Jermin119
Emmaliegh take me into alliance *cries*
5057 days 3 hours ago
BioDork
RJ: You are going to be a HARD person to beat in this competition. Your voice is AMAZING. Keep it up and you will make it VERY Far! I'm very interested to see how you preform in the different styles of music.

Blogs: You are another contestant that is going to be tough to beat. You are very likable, and it's clear you can sing. Too bad you were a bit sick, but it was hard to tell honestly. Great job, keep it up! I liked your audition better, but this was still great.

BlackWidow: Very soothing voice, and easy to listen to. You made it clear that you don't need background music to do well in this competition (where others would FAIL without it), but try your best to find some music to sing to.

Emmaleigh: When listening to your song, it honestly reminded me of some fair tale princess singing! Like, I can see some Disney movie, or something like Shrek where a princess or someone would start to break out in song. But you hit some really good notes, and I did enjoy it! Better than last performance.

Anita: I liked how it was simple, and it was a good song choice for the first song. At the moment, I can't predict how well you are going to do, but with your voice, I'm HIGHLY Interested to see what you have planed for the rest of the competition!

FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT: There were some parts that were off, but there were parts that I did like. Wasn't my favorite, but it was alright for a first performance.

Anthony: There is something about your voice, that I like... but at the same time I don't like it. Very highly unique, it's going to take a but to get use to it. HIGHLY Unique!!! That's what I got to comment. Much Better than your last performance.

Runner: You are BRAVE for doing Lady Gaga. Wasn't amazing, but it wasn't annoying. There seems to be 4 different categories. AMAZING, GOOD OK and Annoying! This would fall under OK! You seem to be having a lot of fun in this competition which is good!

Tolis: Bad song choice. The only reason why Keesha makes this song seem good is because of her voice, but I don't feel you have the voice to be singing Keesha songs. The reason why you are not towards the bottom is because you put some originality in parts of it. I feel everyone needs to put some originality in the songs they choose.

Dante: Didn't seem like there was much singing. It seems like you were just saying the words. You need more feeling. I don't think you have the voice to do a song like this.

Shatteringwindows: you attempted a song that is highly liked and with that, I knew it would be hard to compete with. It wasn't that great honestly. You were quiet, and the singing was way off. Good luck next time buddy!

BengalBoy: What was that Dru? It seems like you depend on the music WAY too much! You were mumbling, and it just doesn't seem like you are taking this seriously. I don't think you will be removed this round, but next round, I want you to BLOW us out of the water! Try not to mumble, and at least pretend you want to win. If the music wasn't there, you probably would be lower than you were placed.

Drench: What killed it for me, was the static. It wasn't easy to listen to. Before you submit, you need to re-listen to your song. I want you to feel proud of your work, and your voice was breaking up bad in this performance.

Jermin: Sorry man, this wasn't very good. Couldn't understand 90% of it. You were quiet and it just wasn't good. Good luck, and if you stay, you NEED to be heard!

1. RJ
2. Blogs
3. BlackWidow
4. Emmaleigh
5. Anita
6. FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT
7. Anthony
8. Runner
9. Tolis
10. Dante
11. Shatteringwindows
12. BengalBoy
13. Drench
14. Jermin
5057 days 3 hours ago
BioDork
Contestants, please don't hesitate to judge me on my judging. I want to know if I'm doing a good job!
5057 days 3 hours ago
anthony2011class
thanks for your comment <3. i don't know if highly unique is a good thing but i'll take that :,).
5057 days 2 hours ago
TolisKalkas
no i do understand that Ke$ha is a bad choice lolz, but i felt like taking the risk and adding some originality with it
5057 days 2 hours ago
TolisKalkas
thanks for your honesty guys
5057 days 2 hours ago
krisbliss
Here are my comments!

Anita - This was amazing!!  You completely blew me away this round.  You have such a rich tone to your voice in this song, and I loved it.  I'm really looking forward to what more can you show us in the future.  Great start to the first round and a job well done!

Anthony:  I think this was a good song for you to choose for the first round.  I think you are really excellent at expressing emotion.  Personally, I enjoyed this one even more than your audition.  I'm excited to see what you will bring to the next round.  I would love to see you shock us with your song choice.  Good job this round!

Emmaleigh: I loved this song for you!  It was really upbeat and catchy, and I think you definitely did this song justice.  You have a really pretty voice, and I think this song was great because it allowed you to show off your great vocals as well as show your fun side.  Well done!

RJ:  WOW!  You have a stunning voice, and this was just fabulous.  Your voice is so smooth and pleasant to listen to, and I enjoyed listening to it the whole way through the song.  I was super impressed with this performance, especially since it's only the first round.  Keep it up!

Dante:  I think this was a decent performance.  I wish we could have heard your voice a bit more, and I thought the song got a little boring in parts.  I think you have potential to get better though, and I'm looking forward to watching you grow as a performer.

FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT:  I think this was a really good performance.  I loved that we could hear your vocals more in this song.  I think this was an improvement from your audition, and you did a real nice job.  The one negative thing I would say is that I wasn't as crazy about the more "speaking" parts in the song, but you did well overall.

Tolis:  I thought this was a pretty good performance.  There's no question that you have a great voice.  I liked that this song showed that you like to have fun.  The only thing I didn't like so much was that it didn't show off your vocals as much as another choice could have, but I know you will only get better throughout this competition, and I'm excited to hear more from you.

Dru:  First of all, thank you for the dedication :P.  This was an improvement from your audition since we could actually hear your voice more, and I'm glad that you gave it your all.  You could still use some improvement and need to find the perfect song, but I appreciate your effort. 

Shattering:  This song was a tough one to sing, and I don't think it was as good as it could have been.  It was neat seeing you sing, but I don't think that was the right song choice.  However, I do think you tried to have fun with it which was nice.

BlackWidow:  This was awesome!  I was really impressed with you singing without any background music.  Even though you didn't have any, you still sounded wonderful.  You have a calming nature to your voice, and I love it.  I'm anxious to hear you sing a song with music in future rounds. Well done for this round.

Blogs:  This was AMAZING.  It was a beautiful performance.  I love Bryan Adams, and this song is so well known, and you still pulled it off even while being sick.  It was really great, and I'm very impressed with you.  Be sure to keep on shining because you're incredible.

Jermin:  I'm sorry to say that I didn't think this was that great of a performance.  Unfortunately, I couldn't understand what you were saying most of the time, and that made it hard to listen to.   I do appreciate your effort though as I know singing isn't really your thing.

Drench:  Unfortunately, this performance was hard to listen to since the static was so loud.  However, the little I could hear of your voice, sounded pretty good.  I hope that for the next rounds the sound quality will be better so we can really hear how great your voice truly is.

To be continued in the next post.. lol sorry for the book :P.
5057 days 2 hours ago
krisbliss
Runner:  I thought this was an okay performance.  It seemed at times it was hard to hear your voice as it was a little quiet in my opinion, and you could hear the background vocals more than your own voice.  However, it could have been a lot worse, and I think you did a decent job overall.

My Rankings:

1. RJ
2. Blogs
3. Anita
4. Emmaleigh
5. BlackWidow
6. Front
7. Tolis
8. Anthony
9. Dante
10.Drench
11.Runner
12.Windows
13.Bengal
14.Jermin
5057 days ago
Runner430
I am ok with theses scores.  I thought this will be a easy catagory oh it wasn't.  I probably spent 1 hour looking for a song lol
5056 days 23 hours ago
Emmaleigh
Jermin, final 2? dont backstab me!

and bio, i think ur judging is good. I think in general it must be a tideous task for all of the judges to listen and critique all entries.
5056 days 22 hours ago
RJ18
Thanks so much you guys! :)
5056 days 22 hours ago
soccerguy0428
Anita - You are a fantastic singer! I thought it was a great performance by you. The emotion was definitely sensed in the song and you were so natural about it.

Anthony - You too had great emotion in your song which is what I love to see. I really like how deep your voice is, great song pick!

Emmaleigh - Well first off I love Mamma Mia so I was excited to see someone picked a song from it to sing! Nice job on this. It was fun and upbeat, definitely a great pick for you!

RJ - I think you have great potential in here! Your voice was so pure and fun to listen to. If you keep this up I know for sure that you will go extremely far in here.

Dante - It was an ok performance. I didn't think anything was too outstanding but it was a great first start. Not sure if this song was the best choice for you.

Front - Loved it! It was funny to listen to and I thought your voice sounded great in here. Loved this pick for the first round! The potential is definitely there.

Tolis - A great first performance by you too! I thought you got off beat a few times but your voice sounded great in this song. Nice job with changing a few lines, I like seeing originality!

Bengal - Im glad you took this song more seriously this time! :p But I still think you could do a little better in future performances. Really tho, great improvement!

Windows - I thought you were a bit quiet in there which may have been a lack of confidence, not sure. I think a different song choice would be great for next round! I did like that you picked a popular song tho as it is fun to hear those every once in awhile.

BlackWidow - It kept cutting in and out for me but from what I heard I loved your voice! I think you have great talent and can go very far. It was so delicate and nice to hear.

Blogs - I loved this performance! Your voice is extremely good. It was an awesome song choice for you and I am really looking forward to what you have for future rounds!

Jermin - I could barely hear what you were even singing lol! I hope in later rounds you can get the voice quality to be better so I can get a more accurate reading. I did hear a lot of skype messages in there tho. :p

Drench - A lot of static in here so hopefully that will be gone next time. Otherwise, I think you did a decent job at the performance. From what I could understand I think you had great emotion in the performance which is what I love to see.

Runner - Gagas voice was really loud in this lol! But I still think you did a good job from what I could hear. I will be interested to see what you bring to the competition next round.

1. Blogs
2. Anita
3. RJ
4. Front
5. Anthony
6. Emmaleigh
7. BlackWidow
8. Tolis
9. Dante
10. Runner
11. Drench
12. Bengal
13. Windows
14. Jermin

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!