This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Gauntlet Games and Rules

Topic » Gauntlet Games and Rules

2993 days 14 hours ago
RShowFreak
This season all the Gauntlet Games and their rules will be made PUBLIC before we start.

Then in each round based on lists sent by the competitors, the Gauntlet will be chosen then it cannot be played again until every other Gauntlet has been played once.

This season there are 5 Gauntlets:

All In
Bet Your Booty
Puzzle Pandemonium
Pull My Weight
Sticky Situation
2993 days 14 hours ago
RShowFreak
All In

This Gauntlet will test your knowledge of Reality TV and your willingness to gamble.

In this challenge, each competitor will receive 10 chips.  I will then ask a question about the a Reality TV Show that you and your opponent agree on and give 4 possible answers.  Once I post the question you will have 90 seconds to MAIL ME YOUR ANSWER of the 4 answers.  You do so by symbolically placing one chip on ANY ANSWER you wish.  The trick is that you may cover multiple answers if you are unsure what the correct answer is.  When time is up, I will reveal the correct answer.  Any chips on the correct answer will be returned.  Any chips on the incorrect answers will be taken away.  If you are correct you stay in the game.  If incorrect,  you LOSE this Challenge and will be ELIMINATED from the competition.  The chips essentially act as your lives.  If 100% sure of an answer then place 1 chip on 1 answer.  If unsure, place all 4 chips on all 4 answers.  It guarantees you move to the next round but 3 of your lives are taken away.

As I said you have 90 seconds to mail me the answer.  I will be STRICT with this.  If you do not send me an answer in time, then it will be assumed you place one chip on ALL ANSWERS.

First person in each match up to either get a question wrong OR run out of chips will lose and be eliminated from the competition.  The other player will survive.
2993 days 14 hours ago
RShowFreak
Bet Your Booty

This Gauntlet will test how lucky you can be and if you can read your opponent.

Each competitor will be given 100 doubloons.

The Gauntlet will last 9 rounds.  In each round you will bet a certain number of doubloons by mailing me how many of your 100 doubloons you wish to bet.

Whoever bets the most number of doubloons in a round earns a point.  First person to 5 points wins.

However, there is a trick to this Gauntlet.  If you win a round, you will get half of the doubloons you bet back and those doubloons will be eligible to be used in future rounds.  But, if you lose a round then you will get ALL the doubloons you bet in that round and they will be eligible to use in future rounds.  So if you lose a round you will not lose any coins but will have an advantage in having more coins for later rounds.  If you win a round, you get 1 step closer to winning the Gauntlet but have less coins to use to earn that victory.
2993 days 14 hours ago
RShowFreak
Puzzle Pandemonium

This Gauntlet will test how quick you can think.

In Puzzle Pandemonium, you will solve a series of puzzles with the first to finish them wins.

The puzzles will be as follows:

Puzzle 1 will be a simple unscramble.  A phrase will be given and you need to unscramble the letters to form a phrase.

Puzzle 2 will be a code.  A list of numbers will be given with each number representing a letter in the alphabet (1 is A, 2 is B and so on until 26 is Z) but there will be no spaces in between the numbers.

Puzzle 3 will be a mystery puzzle which can range from a word logic problem to a sudoku to any other type of puzzle

Puzzle 4 will be a cube tangram puzzle.  There will be a grid given such as a 4x4 square grid.  Then a picture will be posted of different square pieces such as a 2x2 square or an L-shaped cube piece that is 3 grid spaces high and 2 spaces wide on the bottom row.  You will need to fit the pieces into the original grid and when done say which piece goes in which space (This will be clarified when the Gauntlet is to be played)

Any incorrect guess will add a time penalty to your final time.

First person to finish all puzzles will win the Gauntlet.
2993 days 14 hours ago
RShowFreak
Pull My Weight

This Gauntlet will test your speed and potentially your Endurance as well.

This is the simplest Gauntlet in concept and could potentially be the shortest or the longest Gauntlet in that to win all a competitor needs to do is post the phrase:

PULLS OPPONENT ACROSS THE GAUNTLET ARENA

in 5 consecutive posts.  The first person to do so will win the Gauntlet.
2993 days 13 hours ago
RShowFreak
Sticky Situation

This Gauntlet will test your deductive reasoning skills and your stroke of luck.

This Gauntlet will last 5 rounds with each round having the competitor take a turn on Offense and Defense.

Each defensive player will guard a board with 5 scoring positions labeled 1 to 5.

During each turn, the offensive player will select 2 of the 5 scoring positions to place a ball in and will choose to either THROW or TACKLE the balls into the spots chosen.  They can choose to THROW 1 and TACKLE 1 or THROW both or TACKLE both.

The player on Defense will select 3 of the 5 scoring positions to defend.

Scoring results based on the following scenarios:

--If the Offense throws a ball and it is at a spot that is defended then the player will NOT SCORE.

--If the Offense throws a ball and it is at a spot that is NOT defended then the offensive player scores 1 point.

--If the Offense tackles a ball and it is at a spot that is NOT defended then the offensive player scores 2 POINTS.

--If the Offense tackles a ball and it is at a spot that is defended then not only will you not score but the player on DEFENSE will EARN 1 POINT.

So throwing the ball has little risk but little reward.  Tackling the ball you risk helping your opponent but you could earn a greater reward.

After 5 rounds, the player with the most points in each match up will win the Gauntlet.
2977 days 1 hour ago
RShowFreak
bump
2976 days 18 hours ago
Nightcore
bump
2964 days 20 hours ago
EM002
bump :)

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!