This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Evolution 11

Topic » Evolution 11

2307 days ago
RShowFreak
Welcome to tonight's Evolution.

Tonight you will be playing Sideswiper.

In this Evolution, you will have to master both dedication and timing to come out on top.

For this evolution you will each stand on your own circular platform with a bar centered in the middle that will rotate on the platform as you stand on it.  Your goal is to jump over your bar as many times as possible while at the same time keeping a steady rhythm throughout.

The way it will work is whenever you are ready to begin the Evolution you will mail me the phrase:

BEGINS EVOLUTION

When you mail that phrase you must wait 10 minutes before you can swing the bar and jump over it by mailing me the phrase:

SWINGS BAR AND JUMPS OVER IT

When you do this that is 1 jump recorded for your score.  You will then have to wait another 10 minutes before you can do it again. 

You will continue this for as long as you can and whenever you are content with your score you MUST mail me the phrase:

FINISHES EVOLUTION

The finishing phrase can be sent at any point even if a 10 minute wait period is not up.

If you do not mail this phrase to me OR you mail BEFORE the 10 minute wait period is up you will officially DQ and automatically drop below all players who finished.  If multiple players DQ then the tiebreaker is total number of jumps made followed by average penalty time accumulated, all of which is described below.

There are 2 parts to this challenge.  The first part you will be judged on will be total number of jumps recorded.  The number of jumps recorded will determine what tier you are in.  The upper tier which is the Top 3 of 7 will be the only ones eligible to win the Evolution and will avoid Last Place.  The lower tier which is the Bottom 4 of 7 will be ineligible to win the Evolution and will be at risk of being in Last Place and earning an AUTOMATIC SPOT in the Circus.

The 2nd part will be precision.  As you play this you will be accumulating penalty time as well.  Your penalty time will be the time between the moment you are eligible to make a jump to when you actually jump.  So once you mail the start phrase you must wait 10 minutes.  Once 10 minutes hits and you are eligible to jump your penalty time will begin and will only stop when you mail the phrase.  So if you wait too long to jump from when you are eligible you will accumulate a lot of penalty time.

For the 2nd part, once you are divided into either the Upper or Lower tier then you will be judged on AVERAGE PENALTY TIME ACCUMULATED.  This will be the total amount of penalty time you accumulated divided by the total number of jumps made.  This value alone will determine the winner (least penalty time in upper tier) and Last Place (most penalty time in lower tier).

The individual in the upper tier with the smallest amount of average penalty time will win this Evolution and earn safety from the Circus.  They will also earn the power to send another player into the Circus and give their Cadre the power to send another player into the Circus.  The individual in the lower tier with the largest amount of average penalty time will finish in last place and automatically earn a spot in the Circus.

Teams will have until TOMORROW (Monday) at 2 am est (just under 23 hours from now) to finish this Evolution.

I can reveal the upcoming Circus is a single elimination so only 1 of the 3 in the Circus will be eliminated.

HOWEVER, I can also reveal while the Circus will be a single elimination, this round will not be.  This Round will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION ROUND.  That is because it is time for the FINAL CADRE'S CONUNDRUM.

So the Cadres will also be participating in this Evolution.  The premise will be the same with the Cadre with the most number of jumps being upper tier and guaranteeing themselves safe from the Cadre's Conundrum.  The remaining 2 will solely be judged on average penalty time accumulated with the total number of jumps only coming into play in determining the average.  The Cadre of the lower tier with the most AVERAGE penalty time will lose the Cadre's Conundrum.

To refresh your memory and be clear, the Cadre who finishes in last will have the decision to ELIMINATE one of their players which will be announced when I reveal who was chosen for the Circus.  The last place Cadre can eliminate ANY of THEIR OWN PLAYERS, EVEN THE WINNER OF THE EVOLUTION.  If they choose to eliminate the Evolution winner, then the Circus decisions will solely go to that Cadre who lost as long as they have a player left in the game.  If the Cadre is eliminated as well for losing all their players, whoever finished the Evolution in 2nd place will then become the winner and earn the power along with their Cadre.

If you have any questions you can mail me.

You may begin whenever.

Good luck.
2307 days ago
RShowFreak
NOTE: If you DQ by mailing too early, you do not need to send the finish phrase as you are DQ'd already but once you DQ your run ends.
2306 days 23 hours ago
GentlemanG
https://i.imgur.com/U9zWmj9.gif
2306 days 23 hours ago
Ryan_Jambe
Me and you both, Ray
2306 days 23 hours ago
Ethan000
https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/491484/HIMSS/2017%20blog/giphy-5.gif
2306 days ago
RShowFreak
Evolution 11 Results:

An important note is that due to some timestamps not aligning between when they were sent and received which would have resulted in a DQ, several players had to screenshare with me their outbox to show the timestamps of when they were sent as some timestamps did not match up to what I received.  This process was used to ensure fairness as I was on/off all day and if there was a timestamp discrepancy it was addressed by comparing timestamps since the timestamp I received it would not have been shown to the person who sent it thus they would not have realized there was a problem.  The process involved the players on call with me in Skype, logging onto Tengaged, going to their outbox to show me timestamps and then refreshing the page to ensure nothing was changed.  This only occurred in events where certain timestamps were shown to me to be 1 second off what it was shown to the sender.

I will post the results of Part 1 and Part 2 with Part 2 being final results.  Remember, if multiple people DQ'd they are judged on the same criteria in each part (number of jumps/average penalty time) but are immediately ranked below all those who did not DQ.

Part 1:

Upper Tier:

nick9811 - 48 jumps
GentlemanG - 42 jumps
Leonine_Divine - 36 jumps

Lower Tier:

jman96 - 28 jumps
iYBF - 20 jumps
Lalisa - DQ after 6 successful jumps
Ryan_Jambe - DQ after 1 successful jump

With the players divided into tiers we can now move to Part 2 to determine the Winner and Last Place for this Evolution.

Upper Tier:

GentlemanG - 0.97 seconds of penalty time per jump
nick9811 - 4.06 seconds of penalty time per jump
Leonine_Divine - 381.94 seconds (6 minutes, 21.94 seconds) of penalty time per jump

Lower Tier:

iYBF - 0.45 seconds of penalty time per jump
jman96 - 1.68 seconds of penalty time per jump
Ryan_Jambe - DQ - 2 seconds of penalty time per jump
Lalisa - DQ - 3.67 seconds of penalty time per jump

That means with the smallest amount of average penalty time per jump in the Upper Tier, GentlemanG wins this Evolution and has earned safety from the Circus.  GentlemanG will have the power to send any other player besides the Last Place player into the Circus and the ability to choose the Circus type.  In addition, Ethan000 as GentlemanG's Cadre will also have the power to send any other player besides the Last Place player into the Circus.

Thus with the highest amount of average penalty time per jump in the Lower Tier, Lalisa finishes this Evolution in Last Place and will automatically face the next Circus.

GentlemanG and Ethan000, all your decisions are due by TOMORROW (Tuesday) at 2 am est (just under 24 hours from now).  Once I reveal the results I will also post the Circus tomorrow.

HOWEVER, all 7 of you are still not safe as we still have the Cadre's Conundrum.....
2306 days ago
RShowFreak
Evolution 11 (Cadres) Results:

Ethan000 - NO ATTEMPT
aiwfwyattroh - NO ATTEMPT
Christian_ - NO ATTEMPT

As you can see, all 3 Cadres chose not to compete in this Evolution for the Cadre's Conundrum.  Thus, we have a tie.  As stated in the tiebreaker, if there is a tie for Last Place then the winning Cadre would choose which of those tied for Last Place has to eliminate a player. 

ALL THREE OF YOU are tied for BOTH the worst and the best.  That means, ALL THREE OF YOU will now decide via a vote, WHICH CADRE MUST ELIMINATE ONE OF THEIR PLAYERS.

All three of you will each individually vote for which Cadre you want to eliminate a player.  This decision is due by the deadline.  I will then post the results (WHO VOTED WHO) and majority rules.  When you send your vote you must also send your decision who you would want to eliminate from your team in the event you are the one chosen to lose this Cadre's Conundrum.

If the vote ends in a tie, we will follow the basic rules of Survivor NOT at the Final 4.  If there is a three-way tie then one of the three Cadres will RANDOMLY be chosen to have to eliminate one of their own.

These decisions (your vote for which Cadre you want to eliminate a member and who on your team you choose to eliminate should you be chosen) are due by TOMORROW (Tuesday) at 2 am est (just under 24 hours from now) and will be revealed when I reveal the Circus decisions.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If the player eliminated due to the Cadre's Conundrum is either the winner of the Evolution or the Last Place player then their role will be taken over by the next person in line meaning whoever finished in 2nd would be the Evolution winner and whoever finished 2nd to last would become the Last Place player in the event they are needed.  Due to this, the 2nd place player in the Evolution will also need to send in their votes as if they won just in case the winner of the Evolution is eliminated.  Since the Cadre's Conundrum can affect who enters the Circus/who makes the decision, tomorrow's reveal like the last time, will start with the Cadre's Conundrum.

Good luck.
2306 days ago
RShowFreak
For the Cadres, you are allowed to change your vote but whatever is sent by the deadline is FINAL.
2306 days ago
Lalisa
ugh good job lalisa, u did #that !!!
2305 days 21 hours ago
GentlemanG
That’s for you Mike <3

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!