This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Challenge 8

Topic » Challenge 8

2239 days 22 hours ago
RShowFreak
This challenge will see Societies battle in a test of MENTAL and SOCIAL ability.

It will test the strategic thinking and ability to read your opponent of the Societies.

It is called Bluffing Battleship.

This challenge will be semi-LIVE (when both members are on along with me) and will be able to be played starting roughly 24 hours from now and you will have 24 hours to play.

This challenge will be a Hero Challenge in which ONLY ONE player from each Society will compete against each other with the winner of that match earning victory for their Society.  There will be more than just the Society at stake as I will describe below.

Your Leader will be in charge of choosing which player from your Society will participate.

Each player will have a 6x6 board where they will hide their 4 ships of different lengths (a 1 square ship, a 2 square ship, 3 square and 4 square) with each ship being a horizontal or vertical line placed on the board.  Each ship is worth points.  The 1 square ship is worth 1 point, the 2 square ships are worth 4 points (2 points per square), the 3 square ships are worth 9 points (3 points per square) and the 4 square ships are worth 16 points (4 points per square).

Player will then alternate turns choosing 1 of 2 options: ATTACK or DEFEND

--If a player DEFENDS they pick a square on their board to protect for the game.  When a player protects a square it will NOT be revealed until the end of the game what was hidden in the square.  However, the catch is once a player saves a square holding one of their ships/parts of their ship then for AT LEAST the next 2 TURNS THAT THEY DEFEND, they can only defend empty squares not holding a ship.  This does not mean 2 turns after they defend it means the next 2 times they choose to DEFEND.  Any ships or ship parts protected will have their point values added to their owner's square.

--If a player ATTACKS they will pick a square on their opponent's board to ATTACK.

The player who was attacked will then have the ability to reveal whether the attack was a HIT or MISS.  However, they can answer truthfully OR lie.  Once they give their answer the ATTACKER will have to decide whether to believe them or call their bluff.  Each situation is as follows:

-If the DEFENDER says HIT and was truthful, and the ATTACKER believes them then the ATTACK is successful and the ATTACKER earns points for the ship part they hit.
-If the DEFENDER says HIT and was truthful, and the ATTACKER calls a bluff then the DEFENDER earns HALF the points for the ship part they saved.
-If the DEFENDER says HIT and lied, and the ATTACKER believes then the DEFENDER earns 1 point.
-If the DEFENDER says HIT and lied, and the ATTACKER calls a bluff then the ATTACKER earns 1 point.
-If the DEFENDER says MISS and was truthful, and the ATTACKER believes them then the ATTACKER earns 1 point.
-If the DEFENDER says MISS and was truthful, and the ATTACKER calls a bluff then the DEFENDER earns 1 point.
-If the DEFENDER says MISS and lied, and the ATTACKER believes them then the DEFENDER earns HALF the points for the ship part they saved.
-If the DEFENDER says MISS and lied, and the ATTACKER calls a bluff then the ATTACKER earns points for the ship part they hit.

Whenever an attack is made, after the DEFENDER and ATTACKER make their choices, it will be PUBLICLY REVEALED what the space had.

The challenge ends when all ships for both members are either protected or have been attacked at which point the game ends and I will reveal the Final Scores with the higher score winning.

Both competitors will have a choice of what to play for DECIDING BEFORE THE GAME with both agreeing on the reward/punishment.

--If they play for PAST: The winner will choose any 2 players (themselves included) and can find out if their name has been entered into the Blacklist.  The loser will have it PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED if their name has been entered into the Blacklist making it easier for others to know if they can be eliminated.

--If they play for PRESENT: The winner will earn the right to guess FIFTEEN NUMBERS for their Society's Hidden Item before the elimination.  The loser will be INELIGIBLE to be Leader for their Society in BOTH THIS ROUND AND THE NEXT ROUND.  If the loser is currently the Leader they will immediately be dethroned with the Society determining a new Leader before the elimination via their Society's rules: Nopdong will have a vote for any of the members while Madong will have 1 of the 2 current Keyholders having to hold a successful Rebellion with no Blacklist penalty for a failed Rebellion.

--If they play for FUTURE: The winner will earn an RSF Season pass onto any eligible future RSF Season as well as immunity from the 1st Elimination while the loser will be ineligible to participate in RSF Season 48.

The Leaders have until later tonight to send me the Society assignments.  If they do not do so by the deadline, I will take any volunteer from the team to play.

The Society that has their player win the matchup wins this challenge and avoids the normal elimination.  The Leader of the winning Society will have the opportunity to enter a name into the Blacklist.  If there is a Leader change before the elimination deadline, whoever is the Leader by the deadline will be the one to have the opportunity to enter a name into the Blacklist.

The Society that loses will face elimination via their Society's elimination proceedings. 

Use the time between now and the challenge starting to strategize within your Society and form a game plan.

Good luck.
2239 days 22 hours ago
RShowFreak
I can publicly reveal the current Leaders are:

Madong - Gaiaphagee
Nopdong - MrPokeguy9

Since the challenge rules have now been posted this Round's Hidden Item search period has ended.
2239 days ago
RShowFreak
The Leaders have made their decision.

This challenge will be

nick9811   vs.   Patrick319

Decide which reward/punishment you will play for. You both must agree

Then start discussing when you will play. You can play anytime from now or TODAY (Sunday) whenever I am also online.

Good luck.
2238 days 22 hours ago
wuau
Good Luck Patrick馃挭馃挭馃挭
2238 days 12 hours ago
Kgamer2218
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/survivorsucks/imageproxy.php?url=http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/jadc4495/Survivor%20Gifs/courtevil.gif
2238 days 5 hours ago
RShowFreak
Challenge results incoming
2238 days 5 hours ago
RShowFreak
Score:

66 - Patrick319
29.5 - nick9811

As you can see Patrick319 wins the challenge for Nopdong and both agreed to play for the PAST prize and punishment.  Patrick319 earns the prize and can pick 2 people to know secretly if their name was entered into the Blacklist.  As a penalty, I can now reveal that nick9811 has NOT had his name entered into the Blacklist so far.

Congratulations Nopdong you have won this challenge and avoid the normal elimination.  MrPokeguy9, as the current Leader you currently have the opportunity to enter a name into the Blacklist.  You will have until TOMORROW (Monday) at 11:59 pm est (28 hours from now) to mail me the name of the person who you want to enter into the Blacklist from your team.  If you choose to not enter a name then simply mail me you choose not to enter a name.  If you do not send a name or say you choose not to enter a name by the deadline then it will be as if you didn't enter a name AND you will be given an individual penalty in the next round.  Once you send your choice you CANNOT CHANGE IT so be sure when you mail me. 

Madong you have lost this challenge and thus 1 of you will be eliminated.  As the Leader, Gaiaphagee you will decide which of your team members will be eliminated.  You will have until TOMORROW (Monday) at 11:59 pm est (28 hours from now) to mail me the name of the person who you want to eliminate from your team and the season.  Once you send me your choice it CANNOT BE CHANGED so be sure when you mail it.  If you do not send a decision by the deadline you will get a small extension but you will receive 1 Strike which will contribute to you being entered into the Blacklist as for every 2 strikes your name is entered once.  HOWEVER, if a rebellion occurs before the deadline then whoever is the current Leader by the deadline must mail their decision no matter how close to the deadline they are elected.  So if you are elected as Leader 5 minutes before the deadline then you must send your choice within those 5 minutes so keep that in mind if you choose to rebel.  IF a Rebellion is still ongoing by the time the deadline hits then the person who is currently Leader makes the choice and if the rebellion started before the deadline is successful then the Leadership will change hands AFTER the decision is made if the Rebellion concludes after the deadline.

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!