This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Whodunnit: Death and Despair [Rules/Format]

Topic » Whodunnit: Death and Despair..

3853 days 6 hours ago
nbkiller
This Whodunit game will run slightly different than other Whodunit games on tengaged. It will follow a 3ish day format so that the game can accommodate all time zones

DAY 1:
-The murder will be described very briefly. I will state who is murdered, but other information given at this point will either be limited, or none will be given at all.

-All players will have the chance to investigate one of three areas: The crime scene, the last-known whereabouts, and the morgue. Each player will have to PUBLICLY post which area they are going to. They must then join the group corresponding to that area. Once you post which area you go to, and join that group, there is no turning back. I will only accept the first submission.

-Once you join that group, there will be a topic posted about the murder, and the options of what to investigate. I will give you at least 6 (maybe more) areas of the room that can be investigated. You will be allowed to investigate 3 of those areas by posting in that forum where you will be investigating. Once you do that, I will mail you back with your findings. Once again, only the first submission will count.

DAY 2:
-The riddle will take place. How this will work is that not everyone will be going at the same time. You will have to mail me that you want the riddle when I am online. I will mail you the first clue, and your time will start at the timestamp on that first mail. The clues will take you to a page on tengaged, and the next clue will be posted there. Preseason challenge one, mail me the name of a fruit. You must follow all of the clues until you reach the last clue. The last clue will have a code that you will have to mail me. It may be straightforward, or it may be cryptic or in code. In order to stop your time, you will have to mail me the correct code. If you mail me the wrong code, I will tell you that you are incorrect, and you will have to try again.

-How the riddle results will work is that the player with the fastest time will automatically receive the extra piece to the murder. If anybody is 30 seconds or less behind their time, they will also receive that extra piece. (That time is subject to change depending on the difficulty of the riddle, and depending on how many players are left).

NOTE: The format for the riddle may change to actual challenges if I see fit. I will most likely be keeping it in the “race” format, but if that becomes a problem, I will change it.

DAY 3:
Statements on how you think the murder took place will be due. At that point, the statements will be scored, and the 2 (or more) players with the lowest scores will receive “SCARED” cards. Everyone else will be spared for the round. This is essentially a rest day (while I get the next murder set up).

This format is new, so there may be kinks to work out. Please bear with me if there is something that isn’t working. I will be trying my hardest to perfect this, and this may involve changes being made. I reserve the right to change the format because of my schedule and/or if something isn’t working out.
3853 days 6 hours ago
nbkiller
1.        Do not post topics without my permission. I would like a heads up before something is posted.

2.        If I mess up, point it out POLITELY. I probably will mess up a couple times, so please bear with me if I do and I'll fix it. If you start raging at me, I will probably not listen, and maybe even punish you or at the very greatest, I may eject people from the game.

3.        Inactivity is NOT TOLERATED. If you don’t get your case submitted in time, you WILL get a “scared” card, and WILL be killed. You have been warned.
4.        Although drama is a part of the game, DO NOT take it too far (ex. death threats, personal remarks). The tengaged rules apply in this game as well, and I am not afraid to report people. You may end up ejected from the game, along with a ban as well.

5.        This game will have all non-live challenges/riddles, so I'm sorry if it doesn't go fast enough for you. I have to have time to get the T$ I need for gifting the winner you know!

6.        All twists are already planned, so don't accuse me of rigging the game because something doesn't go your way. Failure to follow this may cause ejection.

7.        I understand that throwing competitions is a legitimate strategy. However, if you do decide to do that, please tell me that instead of ignoring me. That way, I don't have to send you 6,000 reminder mails that you won't need.
8.        If you quit or are removed from the game at any time without a reasonable excuse, you will be banned from the NB Reality series for a minimum of 2 seasons. I hate quitters. Quitters are essentially taking a spot from someone who wanted to play.
9.        Have fun! These games are supposed to be fun, so don’t take the game personally. I have a lot of fun hosting active games, and when I have fun, you'll have fun.

--------------------------------------------

IF YOU ARE BANNED:

-contact me via skype @ thenumber1killer
-You can do stuff through skype if you are banned. If you aren't banned, please mail me, so stuff doesn't get lost.
-You also MAY be able to compete through skype also, but you won't be able to do all challenges through it

To tell me you read these, please sign the rules by posting:

“I have read and understood the rules. I am a part of this game and will play fairly and to the best of my ability. I understand that I can be ejected from the game as the host sees fit”
3853 days 6 hours ago
Ethan000
“I have read and understood the rules. I am a part of this game and will play fairly and to the best of my ability. I understand that I can be ejected from the game as the host sees fit”
3853 days 6 hours ago
SashaBaby2010
3853 days 6 hours ago
ForceMike1
3853 days 6 hours ago
tvfan98
3853 days 6 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
3853 days 6 hours ago
CharlotteArnold
3853 days 1 hour ago
Ryan_Jambe
3852 days 21 hours ago
kaylee21
3852 days 20 hours ago
Samhuss
3852 days 12 hours ago
Rob66
I have read and understood the rules. I am a part of this game and will play fairly and to the best of my ability. I understand that I can be ejected from the game as the host sees fit
3852 days 12 hours ago
Rob66
Question what do you mean by posting it publicly doyou mean in a blog? or what
3852 days 10 hours ago
TDO88
3852 days 9 hours ago
willisgotgame
3852 days 8 hours ago
Warthhogs

open group

NB Reality: Archive

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!