This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

RULES: SEASON 2

Topic » RULES: SEASON 2

1794 days 16 hours ago
papalouiesfansfan
Here's how this game works:

BEGINNING
At the beginning of the game, you will head into a remote location about an hour from Chicago. To survive long in this game, you need to work with your other town members. To do so, you will follow a 5-day cycle. This cycle gets repeated throughout the game.

Here is the cycle of this game:

DAY 1
We start the cycle by holding an election for the next mayor. Players must decide within five minutes. Anyone interested in mayor can do so, and anyone can run for mayor as many times as they want, assuming the player hasn't served two terms as mayor already (one term as mayor lasts for one cycle), regardless of whether these terms were consecutive or not. Whoever receives the most votes will be the next mayor.

DAY 2
The results of the election are announced this day. In addition, I will be opening up a shop containing several items for players to buy. Each player gets $1,000 to start off with. This money is used for shop purposes only. Following these events, the mayor will send me a mail stating the new law they would like to put into place along with if they would like to keep or get rid of some previous laws. Though they are required to make a new law, they can also make a second law if they want to.

DAY 3
The results of the shop are announced. Next, I announce the new law that will take affect. Afterwards, we will hold a reward challenge. Reward challenges may be team-based or individual, depending on how the host feels.

DAY 4
The immunity challenge will be held. Unlike reward challenges, immunity challenges will always be individual unless there is a twist the host brings up regarding this. The winner of the immunity wins immunity and the person who places last will automatically be put up for execution. The mayor will send out an email between this point and Day 5 telling me who they're putting up as the second nominee for execution.

DAY 5
The name of the second nominee will be revealed. Once this is done, there will be a forum for the cycle's execution. All players may take part in voting a player out except for the two nominees for execution and the mayor. Players have until the next day to vote out either of the two nominees or the mayor. However, the mayor will not be executed unless they receive 66% of the vote.

The next day, I announce the person getting executed and we will start Day 1 of the next cycle.

Here are some notes on some more important things you may encounter during the game:

FOOD AND WATER:
Two of the important aspects of surviving are food and water. That is the case for this game too. Each player starts with 50 food and 50 water. However, every day, they lose 5 food and 5 water. A person can eat a maximum of 100 food and 100 water. It is important that you eat regularly because if you reach 10 food and 10 water or lower, you will collapse and can't run for elections, compete in challenges, or vote in executions. Also, if you're the mayor, you don't lose any food or water for the term you're serving as mayor. Earning food and water will be discussed later.

FOOD STASH:
During the game, there will be a forum for a food stash for you to take food from. To eat or drink food or water, say one of the following commands in the forum:
*eats (insert number here) food*
*eats (insert number here) water*
That amount will then be subtracted from the stash. If I were you, I'd be mindful of the amount of food and water I take. There was an incident in Season 1 where a player took almost all the food from the community stash and they got executed next. I'd advise you not to meet the same fate as that person.

ITEM BOARD:
Last season, a twist was introduced where players could win some advantages in this game by picking numbers from 1-100. The item board gave some nice rewards to players who picked the best numbers. This season, the item board is back and in a new way. This season, there are 25 slots for good items and 5 slots for bad items. Keep in mind that some spots may include more than one item, so it could be really beneficial to you. To earn a guess at the item board, either buy it in a shop or win it in a reward challenge.

CONFESSIONALS:
After every Day 3, I will (hopefully) ask for confessionals. You should send me confessionals updating me on how the game is going for you and what has happened. These are very important to take part in and if you don't do them, you lose 5 food and 5 water for every confessional you miss. Also, on an unrelated note, if you have conversations with other players, PLEASE put me in them so I can see what's going on in this game.

DEATH:
Death is something that will be seen a lot of during this game. To be exact, 10 of the 12 players will die during the game. The most common way of dying is to be executed. If you reach 0 food and 0 water, you will die of starvation. The other way to die which I should probably mention is if you can't belong in this game anymore, whether it's constantly ignoring the host or making extremely over-the-top rude remarks or anything else which is worthy of getting kicked out of the game. In this case, I'd kill you and we'd move on from that.

JURY
If you are executed, you will be a member of our jury. If you stay in the group until the end, you get to cast a vote for which of the two finalists deserves to win.

OTHER QUESTIONS
What are the responsibilities of mayor?
The mayor has a lot of responsibilities. Once they get elected, they will name their second-in-command for the cycle. They must also state the laws they want to keep and the laws to remove. They will also post the law(s) they have made for the cycle. They will also name the second nominee for execution.

How much power does the mayor have?
The mayor has a good amount of power. After the host, the player has the most powerful position in this game. However, there are times when I can strip the mayor of their privileges if they abuse them. If the mayor creates a ruthless law, I will veto it and I MAY go as far as impeaching the mayor altogether, or if it's extremely severe, I may just remove the mayor from the game altogether. You CAN be a mayor making villainous laws. Those are laws I can tolerate. There's certainly a difference between villainous laws and ruthless laws.

Example of a villainous law:
Everyone loses 10 food and 10 water for the day.

Example of a ruthless law:
This one specific player loses 10 food and 10 water for the day while everyone else loses the standard 5.

If you're the mayor and you have a question about a law and whether I'd consider it villainous or ruthless, PLEASE talk to me in advance about it. I won't have a problem telling you, but I will have a problem if that's the law you send me. The law or laws the mayor sends are the laws they will have pass during the cycle, and they can't change them. Remember, the rules come first, the laws come second.

How does a shop work?
Basically, I will put up a bunch of items for sale. If you're interested in buying an item, send me a message stating how much you'd like to buy the item for. Do this for each item.

Example:
Item 1 - $50
Item 2 - Not interested
Item 3 - $20

The player who bids the most for the item wins it. In the event of a tie, I'll ask either player to give up the item in exchange for a full refund on the item along with $100. If neither player choose this, neither player will get the item. In addition, if you bid on an item but you don't win the item, you also receive a refund from that bid.

How can a law be permanent or removed?
If a law is approved two terms in a row, that law is permanent. Similarly, if a law is removed two terms in a row, it is killed.

Example A:
Week 1 - Law created
Week 2 - Law removed
Week 3 - Law killed

During week 3, the law created is killed and is not allowed to recreated for the rest of the game.

Example B:
Week 1 - Law created
Week 2 - Law removed
Week 3 - Law revived
Week 4 - Law removed
Week 5 - Law revived
Week 6 - Law kept

During week 6, the law is kept is and will remain for the rest of the season.

Can the mayor compete in challenges?
For the reward challenge, yes, the mayor can compete. During the immunity challenge, however, no, they may not compete as they will not be one of the two nominees for execution.

What happens if there's a tie during the execution?
This is rare, but it does happen. In the event of a tie, all the players who voted will cast their votes once again. This gives them the chance to change their vote and change the outcome. In the event where the vote still doesn't change, the mayor will decide who gets executed.

How can I earn food and water in this game?
There are three main ways to earn food and water.

The first is to win it through the shops.

The second is to win it in reward challenges. Side note, but there may be reward challenges where the reward isn't food or water, so I may just hand out food or water and place it in the community stash automatically.

The third is to find some food or water in the item board.

What if one of the two nominees for execution dies?
If this is the case, we will start a brand new cycle.

These should cover all the rules of the game. If anyone has any questions, PLEASE send me a mail and I will comment the answer to your question(s) below.

open group

True Citizens (Original Gameshow)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!