This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S11] The Auditions (Round 5)

Topic » [S11] The Auditions (Round 5)

1439 days 6 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 11: The Auditions will be posted soon. You need three or four 'YES' votes from the judges to make it to the next stage of the competition.

And then... Tonight, at 9:30PM BST / 4:30PM EST we go LIVE for the first time this season and you are all invited. Who will be your mentor moving forward and which acts will be cut from the competition immediately?

Running Order:
01. Jess Glynne (Rubes)
02. Melinda Doolittle (Moviemusicguy123)
03. Mo Adeniran (Rubes)
04. Twenty One Two (Moviemusicguy123)
05. Walk Off The Earth (Royal1836)
06. Florence and the Machine (Rubes)
07. Candice Glover (Moviemusicguy123)
08. Caleb Johnson (Moviemusicguy123)
09. Forestella (DrG2)
10. Jane Zhang (DrG2)
11. Kwon Minje (DrG2)
12. JoJo (DrG2)

Best of luck!
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome to The X factor 11: The Auditions!

It's the final day of auditions here in London and the panel are takIng their seats to welcome today's talent! Please welcome your judges: Tommy, Jack, Michael and Nehemiah! *claps*

Let the final round of The Auditions continue...
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
01. Jess Glynne "I'll Be There" (Rubes)

TOMMY:
I enjoyed this, I think you had a lot of flair and uniqueness to your audition which I love. I do think that artists like you can go one of two ways on this show, either do really well or really bad and fingers crossed it's the former.

JACK:
Best control of the season I think by far. You look like you enjoy it and thats what you need. You need to enjoy every note that is sung. I feel there is some tweaks that need to be made but honestly, its impressive.

MICHAEL:
I actually really liked this performance. It was a great way to start off the auditions today. You have such a cool unique voice to you and the song was a whole bop. Cant wait to see more!

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* Definitely got me dancing back and forth a bit, I’d actually love to see what you would bring to this competition. I’m interested to see what your journey entails.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Congratulations Jess! You're moving on to The Judgement! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
02. Melinda Doolittle "I'm a Woman" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
*claps*
This was really really good! You had so much control over your performance just then. You commanded the stage and completely showed us just what you're about. This was one of my favourite performances so far. Well done.

JACK:
I didn't like this. I feel you rushed alot of the song and song choice was completely wrong in my opinion. I couldn't make out what you was saying alot of time.

MICHAEL:
You better slay with your whole entire performance. You just have one of those voices that whatever song you decide to sing your going to absolutely kill it and I cant wait to see it.

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing ovation* We finally get our SOUL diva of the season!!!!! That was phenomenal!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: Melinda, the other three judges see potential in you! Congratulations, you're through to The Judgement! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
03. Mo Adeniran "Unsteady" (Rubes)

TOMMY:
*claps*
I'm absolutely in love with this song and I'm in love with you! That was a beautiful, passionate and well delivered audition. You gave me chills throughout it, you really showcased what you could bring to this competition and if any of my fellow judges disagree, they are wrong. Good luck!

JACK:
I think this was really interesting because its not necessarily what we see on a day to day basis and i love your style of music, its fresh and New.

MICHAEL:
This was a great song choice for you. The song suited your voice very well and this is probably your wheelhouse when it comes to genres. Im willing to see what else you bring to the table.

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* Love the song choice, however I’ll admit that I was not sold by the first note that came out. I was hoping to find moments where I could take a chance and it didn’t come for me at least.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Michael: With a majority YES, you're through to The Judgment Mo! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
04. Twenty One Two "Drag Me Down" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
I actually really loved this! The way you turned this song around, the rock vibe is refreshing and we love seeing new things on this show so I want to give you a chance!

JACK:
This is gonna be a controversial decision but i really liked this because you show versatility from the usual on this show. You have something special and i can't wait to see what else you can do.

MICHAEL:
Im always here for a good rock group and I was quite surprised if Im being honest. I do think it needs more rock if that makes sense. I want to see a lot more from you to see what you do with other songs.

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* As soon as you guys started I was sold, I love boybands that are like this because it adds a different element to the competition and I’d love to see what you guys could bring to the competition.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Congratulations! You're on The X Factor 11! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
05. Walk Off The Earth "Girls Like You" (Royal1836)

TOMMY:
What I loved about this audition was the musicality of it all and when the rap started, I was just feeling the whole vibe that you were giving us. It's so exciting to have all of these new, unique artists coming out, I'm a big fan after tonight. Well done.

JACK:
First off acoustic of the room was completely off which caused massive echos for me . I liked this version of the song. You are definitely a force to be reckoned with if you sort the acoustics out.

MICHAEL:
This was a very interesting audition. Its definitely something completely different from all the other acts. I think it was a solid song choice and I enjoyed it a bit

NEHEMIAH:
*claps* I’m glad you guys came back after your early exit in season 8. I never got the fortunate opportunity of seeing you guys in action so I’m glad I now can, I am in love with the entirety of this performance.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Well done! We can not wait to see more from you at the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
06. Florence and the Machine "Cosmic Love" (Rubes)

TOMMY:
*claps*
You have such an entrancing voice! You completely captivated and it's funny that the title of this song is Cosmic Love because cosmic is how I would describe your voice, it's out of this world! I really liked this, I hope my fellow judges are able to see the beauty in your vocals tonight.

JACK:
Unfortunately i didn't like your performance. Its not that your a bad singer, its the fact that we cannot compare someone like you with pop artists who will have two different styles unfortunately.

MICHAEL:
Your voice is just so magical. Your voice just transports me into another galaxy and just gives me a relaxing vibe. I think you guys can go quite far if you keep it up with these type of performances.

NEHEMIAH:
*claps* I like this performance because it was like an onion, and one by one the layers were pulled off and the song continued to blossom. I want to see this journey you guys will take progress.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Michael: Well done! With three YES votes you're through to the next stage! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
07. Candice Glover "Ordinary People" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
This was a beautiful audition, you gave us an incredible rendition of this song and you had lovely control throughout, we have had Candice before, and she's never quite got there, so is this the season that happens? Good luck!

JACK:
This was so good. I think your voice is so powerful and I am literally vibing with the song as your that good. Your control is very good also which is very needed in the business.

MICHAEL:
How can I say no after this performance? You were excellent in this performance and you hit every right note. I know whats to come from you and Im excited to see those performances.

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* I adored the hell out of this version of this song, it was soothing but also very head nodding. I was lost in your array of talent and I feel like we get to see you come back season after season, let’s make this season be your season.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: Congrats Candice! You're off to The Judgement! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
08. Caleb Johnson "Pressure and Time" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
That was a lot of fun Caleb! Such a strong voice and really really powerful. Again, I am loving the variety this season, it's so interesting and I could hear them killer vocals you do have. I'm very impressed tonight!

JACK:
I seriously like this. Your energy in the performance is very good and you excited me with your vocals. May not be liked by everyone but i sure like it myself

MICHAEL:
Based on other rock auditions I dont think this is gonna go well with you from the other judges if Im being honest. This was an ok performance but if Journey cant make it I dont see this making it as well.

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* I love that we keep getting more and more different genres this season, welcome ROCK to the competition!!!!! This was a good performance to showcase what you have to offer 100%

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Caleb, you're through to The Judgement! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
09. Forestella "Nella Fatasia" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
This was quite beautiful! It was dramatic, it was pure and it literally was music to my ears! I'm very into this, it's for sure different, and it might take some work to win people around, but I liked it. Well done.

JACK:
Wow the passion in this performance was beautiful. You guys have lots of emotion which kind of reminds me of Alfie Boe which really impresses me.

MICHAEL:
IM SORRY WHAT. I was not expecting these voices at all and this was the best performance of the night so far without question and Id actually be disappointed if you guys didnt make it through the auditions.

NEHEMIAH:
*looks shocked* What did we just witness oh my god *laughs* I never see anything like that in my entire life!!!!! Why did I enjoy it though? *laughs*

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Well done! You convinced us and you are off to The Judgement! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
10. Jane Zhang "Loving You" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
That whistletone though? Honestly, I had mixed feelings throughout, it's a very big song and you have to hit it in all the right places and there are a lot of them, but when you gave me that effortless whistle tone, you entered a new league in this competition. Stunning.

JACK:
I think your an amazing singer i do but there is things missing and things that are kinda off putting. I think you need to bring more emotion as I feel your just singing with very little emotion which is highly needed.

MICHAEL:
I think you have a great voice and you obviously know how to use it extremely well. I do see that sometimes you play too much when it comes to singing the song. If there is a next time I would like to see you just sing a song.

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* A very risky and hard song to sing but I actually adored your version of it. I love seeing more foreign artists on our show and seeing the talent they possess nevertheless. But let’s talk about the most important part of the song, that whistle note! You made it seem as if it was just so simple!

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Michael: Well done! We're going to be seeing more from you this season! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
11. Kwon Minje "Akin Ka Na Lang" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
*claps*
WOW WOW WOW! I remember Morisette performing this in Season 9 and feeling those chills, you gave me the same damn feeling! Absolutely beautiful! You hit every note and the emotion was just everything. Well done!

JACK:
This was beautiful and I think for an audition it was gorgeous. Your voice is so clear and fluid and dreamy. I think you have some sort of voice enhancer on but i don't care this was so good.

MICHAEL:
Ive never heard a male singer try this song before and I think you did a fantastic job with it. Especially since this is a Morissette song. I would love to see more from you and see what else you can pull off in the competition.

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* We love Morisette on this show, and that was a beautiful rendition of her beautiful song.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: Well done, you're off to The Judgment! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
12. JoJo "Man" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
I thought this was really cool, a really nice way to end the auditions actually. I loved the message, you gave us real attitude with lovely moments. Well done!

JACK:
This was so good to end the seasons auditions. Uniqueness is something needed in this competition and i definately think you have it easily. There is improvements to be made which is about slowing down at parts but i liked this.

MICHAEL:
A whole queen! You are just a whole vibe and you just bring something different to the competition if Im being honest. I think you have so much to show us and Im so here for it

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* I could not ask for a better person to end the show, it’s JoJo Levesque lady and gents. I think you’d be a very interesting artist this season because I think you possess all the qualities of a soul diva, with the energy of that pop star we love to look for it.

#JudgesVerdict
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: With that end to the show, we are seeing you at The Judgement! Congratulations! *claps*
1439 days 1 hour ago
TommyD
There you have it, The Auditions are OVER!

Let's take a look at who made it through tonight -

01. Jess Glynne (Rubes)
02. Melinda Doolittle (Moviemusicguy123)
03. Mo Adeniran (Rubes)
04. Twenty One Two (Moviemusicguy123)
05. Walk Off The Earth (Royal1836)
06. Florence and the Machine (Rubes)
07. Candice Glover (Moviemusicguy123)
08. Caleb Johnson (Moviemusicguy123)
09. Forestella (DrG2)
10. Jane Zhang (DrG2)
11. Kwon Minje (DrG2)
12. JoJo (DrG2)

That means we have a Top 50 moving on to The Judgment stage! You thought The Auditions were hard?

Tune in later TONIGHT as WE. GO. LIVE! For the first time this season at 9:30PM BST / 4:30PM EST for The Judgement!

For now, thank you!

*waves*

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!