This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S1] Episode #1: Auditions Part #1

Topic » [S1] Episode #1: Auditions..

1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur

Welcome to the first episode of the X Factor reboot, the search for the first singing sensation in this new generation is about to begin.

Who will be crowned the first ever winner? Let's find out but first let's me OUR JUDGES!!!!

Drake!
Aili James!
Ryan!
Kimberly!

*claps*

Remember in this round each act just needs to receive three yes's to continue onto the next round or their journey will be ending early.

Now let the #XFactorAuditions commence!!!!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
01. Matt Terry - "You Don't Own Me"

Drake:
Okay Matt you know I have a love hate relationship with you especially during the old X Factor when I eliminated you almost time after time. However, I am glad you’re back because you have so much potential for a performer and your vocals are insane. I’m honestly glad you did this performance as your audition because other than some vocals, it wasn’t anything memorable. You do have some sort of backing track going on which takes away from your voice, and it just feels like you weren’t embodying the song like I know you can. Overall this is a good performance to audition with, and I can’t wait to see what else you do.

Aili James:
MY GOD WAS THIS FANTASTIC! You have a solid voice there Matt. This performance was so sexy and showed off your range beautifully, can't wait to see more of you.

Ryan:
You have a very talented voice and I am not fond of the song choice but you, boy, have that special voice and it will be a waste to see you go.

Kimberly:
Matt it’s nice to see you here! And this was a good audition from you. I feel like the first half of this was somewhat rocky as your voice could have been way more powerful and I feel you can definitely do better but towards the end you really powered through and that last note was so good!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - YES
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Congratulations Matt Terry! We'll see you at the next stage of the competition!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
02. Scarlett Lee - "Natural Woman"

Drake:
Okay fucking hell Scarlett, doing Aretha Franklin as your audition is a really powerful move, and I think honestly it payed off because I was feeling your whole fantasy, and I could tell you were in the song during the beginning, however as the song went on I think you focused so much on the vocals since those notes didn’t have the same effect as it did when you first started. I also thing the choir in the background derived from the performance since I felt without the choir it would have been a lot better because it was just be you and the powerful voice you have. Overall though a great audition to start things off, if you keep it up, I won’t be surprised to see you in the live shows.

Aili James:
Wow! I am actually so impressed by that voice of yours Scarlett! You really do have something there and I feel with the right coaching you could blossom into a complete star.

Ryan:
That was something to be hold because you have that power and momentum in your vocals and it was just an amazing feat that I just adore! *standing ovation*

Kimberly:
Scarlet I absolutely loved this! Natural woman is a very hard song to sing and while it wasn’t perfect, I still enjoyed listening to your voice. Your vocal is great and I’d love to mentor you haha!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - YES
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Congratulations Scarlett Lee! You're through to the next round of competition!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
03. Jennifer Hudson - "Hallelujah"

Drake:
With a song as famous as this you better bring something new to the table that I haven’t heard before. I don’t think you accomplished this goal in that way which is unfortunate since I really do enjoy when people change songs, and bring a new take to some old classics. Though vocally you are outstanding with how you perform since I did feel the emotion in this performance, I think honestly this performance could have been stripped down to your voice and maybe a softer piano and I would be blown away, but this is auditions so I don’t expect you to go all out, this was a great job and I think you should be happy with this performance good job!

Aili James:
*standing ovation and throws shoes* I have just one thing to say to you Jennifer, AMEN! That was freaking beautiful and your voice is so strong and wow I'm speechless.

Ryan:
This is BLOODY OUTSTANDING with your voice being like magic and oh it is just sensational when you sing like this and I love it so much! *standing ovation*

Kimberly:
*STANDING OVATION* Omg I did not expect to be giving a standing ovation during the auditions but gurl that was bloody amazing and out of this world. Lord this was something else and all I have to say is that Drake I need the overs because this woman is special!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - YES
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Congrats Jennifer Hudson, with a unanimous decision you're going on to the six chair challenge!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
04. Little Mix - "E.T."

Drake:
Well I’m going to get straight into it, and say that beginning part was rough, it really took you girls som time to get those harmonies and it really made me worried about the rest of the song, however I think you girls slightly bounced back from the beginning part and really try to bring the song. I know the potential you girls have, I just feel as though this performance was not it, because it just seemed like a generic cover by a generic girl group, and I know you girls are more than just a generic girl group. I know how much you girls can bring to a competition like this, and I’m left debating whether this performance with worth putting you through. You were too much focused on these zombie characters and not focusing on the performance itself. I might just give you the benefit of the doubt, but you need to step it up!

Aili James:
This was a very interesting song choice. I'm not sure if I'm totally convinced but what I do see is a whole lotta potential in you and I am going to base my judgment based off potential I see in you girls.

Ryan:
Girls you do have good vocals but I don't know if I believe that you can do it with together it doesn't have that same power and I don't think this will suit you.

Kimberly:
Girls this was a very good audition from you! You are so young here haha I love it. This song choice is a great one for you girls and your harmonies were actually really amazing here! You girls need to be on this show because you definitely have potential and with the right mentor you can go far!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - NO
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Congratulations Little Mix, with 3 votes you still advance to the next stage of the competition!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
05. Noah Mac - "Way Down We Go"

Drake:
This is a really good audition, and you really do have the energy and emotion I’m looking for in a contestant for the X Factor. I just think the only thing I have issues is you need to control that energy. You were so riled up and into the song that I think you forgot to breathe and it seemed like you were running out of breath easily because you were just so into the song. Have your voice at a controlled level, and I think it will be powerful because I think here you were giving us too much of what we ask, which is honestly a good thing since too much can be easily fixed then too little. Overall this was a solid audition, not my favorite but I can’t wait to see more of you Noah because you have a distinct voice that I think could give you an edge on the competition.

Aili James:
EEEEKS! I love this whole vibe, you have such an interesting and raw voice Noah! Like there's no other artist like you, your voice is so raw and natural and I love the rasp to it, definitely one of my favorite boys.

Ryan:
That voice straight away has me sucked in and it is crazy how you kept this energy up with that voice and I want you to bring more of this hot flavour.

Kimberly:
I don’t really know how I feel about you to be completely honest. I feel like you were very rocky vocally wise and while for the most part I enjoyed your voice something about this was putting me off maybe I just feel like you could be so much more consistent and controlled with your vocals but I do think many people will like you and I’m willing to see what you can produce!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - YES
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Congratulations Noah Mac you're through to the next round good job!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
06. Koryn Hawthorne - "My Kind Of Love"

Drake:
Ugh okay this is really one of the best auditions I’ve heard so far today, you started off slow and I was waiting for you to just jump and hit the vocal high and just give us more of an energetic performance, and you delivered what I was waiting for. It wasn’t the best performance you could give but honestly I really don’t care because I thought this was upbeat, you were giving it your best shot, and this is only the audition faze so of course you’re going to be a little shaky with vocals and stuff so I think this was a really strong performance to show us was you’re capable of, and what you can bring to the X Factor table. You do have a good range too, I honestly can’t wait to see more from you because you piqued my interest.

Aili James:
YES YES YES! Woah! What a beautiful performance Koryn! I loved every bit of it, you have a very strong voice that has depth to it and that's what I like about your voice, the depth to it. At times I did feel you were a little shaky but for an audition this was GREAT!

Ryan:
I like this smooth sounding voice you have brought and it has a different vibe which makes it interesting and even though it doesn't stand out as well I see potential inside of you.

Kimberly:
*claps* YES! Girl this was powerful and I felt that powerful raspy voice giving me life! This was so good and I love the tone of your voice, it's so unique to me and I think if you keep delivering like this you can go far in this competition! I cannot wait to watch your journey on this show!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - YES
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Another unanimous decision, and another person going through to the next round congratulations Koryn Hawthorne!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
07. Jessie J - "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Drake:
Okay this is a prime example of what you should do in a performance, other contestants better take notes because she took a song that’s well known to most people, and she made it hers, and she felt the emotions and just turned it into a powerful love ballad. I love when artists do that, and I could really feel you were pushing yourself with trying to make this song yours and I just think this was really amazing. My one critique is that at certain points your dynamics seemed to not match the point you were in the song, and I think you could have gotten louder during the chorus and not the soft feathery voice you were singing with but that’s the only nitpick I have for this performance, plus some vocal choices but you sang with confidence and it worked out in the end so really good job Jessie.

Aili James:
Wow! What a good way to show more dimensions to your voice, you took a very uptempo song and stripped it down and made it more personal and you are honestly such an artist and have your own artistry and I really want the overs now!

Ryan:
You have brought a new spin to a classic song and that voice is just so pure and great and I can't wait to see what else you can do this season.

Kimberly:
*claps* I mean girl you are just incredible, aren't you! Is there any song that you cannot sing like?!?! This isn’t one of your strongest performances I will admit that BUT I cannot sent that you are out of this world. Big things are to come for you and you are just making me want the over even more haha!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - YES
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Congratulations Jessie J you're through to the six chair challenge!
1711 days 19 hours ago
Jameslu
Here woo!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
08. Boyce Avenue - "Teenage Dream"

Drake:
This is why I love when songs like this are stripped of their poppiness upbeat vibes because you reveal a really powerful song you could sing with just the piano like you guys just did. It also makes it easier for you to use creative freedom which I love, and that’s also what you did to the song because you just made the song your own, and like Kimberly said I honestly think this is better than the original just because it just felt so raw and real and emotional. I honestly don’t have many critiques regarding this performance so I think you’re going to be a strong force in the competition if you keep up with performances like this. Really good job you guys this was outstanding.

Aili James:
Honestly one of my favorite groups ever! And you absolutely delivered again, I really just can't wait to see you guys dominate this show!

Ryan:
Now this is how you put your own take on a song and this new style really suits your voice and it strives very much and you glisten through it all.

Kimberly:
Woah this was a great audition from you with that voice that is just so controlled and relaxing to me! Not to be rude to Katy Perry or anything but I think that this cover of Teenage Dream is better than the original! Good job Boyce Avenue!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - YES
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

Boyce Avenue congratulations you guys are going through to the next stage of the competition!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
09. Sheldon Riley - "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?"

Drake:
I’m going to be completely honest and say, and ask Ryan what the actual fuck is he on because this was just a very beautiful and soulful performance that I really connected with. Sure you were getting emotional because of other reasons and not because of the song itself, but hey whatever works. I think this performance was really well executed and I just love how captivating this was vocally and I couldn’t take my eyes off of you because your voice sucked me in. I think you could have better control with your emotions but I think honestly this is one of my favorite performances of the night and with a beautiful voice like yours I think you could go far depending on who your mentor is, I for one would love to be apart of the boys.

Aili James:
*standing ovation with tears in eyes* You melted my heart Sheldon, your voice is so pure and innocent and honestly this is one of my favorite auditions ever.

Ryan:
Well this is an interesting choice and from what I have seen I didn't see that much with you and you did show off that high note at the end but I'm judging on the whole performance and I didn't see anything else from it.

Kimberly:
Ok Sheldon I liked this! I could tell that you really connected with the song and for an audition it was just what we’re looking for and now you just need to keep this up and you could get to the finals with the right guidance because you definitely are talented!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - NO
Kimberly - YES

*Claps*

Three yes votes are all you need, and now you're off to the six chair challenge congratulations Sheldon Riley!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
10. Phillip Phillips - "Home"

Drake:
Hmm I really don’t know how to feel about this performance since I hear potential in your voice, especially towards the end when you were singing the oh’s and ah’s but I think this performance suffered from too much backing things. I think the band kinda drowned you out at times and made it hard for me to connect to you as a performer, I think you do have potential and I am willing to give you a shot in this competition I just really hope you have more to give us than this performance because if I’m being honest it wasn't much for me to make a good judgement on, and so I hope you know how to step it up the next time we see you.

Aili James:
You have such a good country vibe in your voice and listening to your voice takes me on a journey and I just absolutely loved it. You got a lot of potential with the right song choices.

Ryan:
You got a grainy voice and it does have an effect on people but it didn't affect me as your vocals didn't have the power and energy at all sorry.

Kimberly:
Hmm ok Phillip you definitely have a different style and voice to everyone else we’ve heard so far and to be honest I’m not sure if it’s necessarily my style because I don’t really know if I like the direction that you’re heading in but I will give credit where credit is due and say that you did smash this song! Not my personal favourite but I can’t deny that you have a good voice and should be on the show!

#JudgesVerdict
Drake - YES
Aili James - YES
Ryan - NO
Kimberly - YES

*claps*

With three yes votes, congratulations Phillip Phillips, you're through to the next stage of the competition!
1711 days 19 hours ago
spinfur
And that's all the acts this episode congratulations to those who made it through!

Tune in next time to see another 10 acts perform and see who makes it through and who journey gets ended early.

From everyone here at X Factor I wish you all goodnight!
1711 days 18 hours ago
Jameslu
Congratulations to all 10 of you!
I expect to see y'all keeping the standard high!
1711 days 11 hours ago
spinfur
I can now announce the next 10 auditioning next episode when I get all my judges critiques in!

1. Dimash Kudaibergenov - "S.O.S Of An Earthly Being In Distress" (DrG2) #Boys
2. Jessica Sanchez - "Stuttering" (DrG2) #Girls
3. Brian Justin Crum - "Your Song" (DrG2) #Overs
4. TNT Boys - "Listen" (DrG2) #Groups
5. Angel Tupai - "Big White Room" (hazbez94) #Girls
6. Viini - "Bittersweet" (patricenka9) #Boys
7. Chung Ha - "Snapping" (patricenka9) #Girls
8. Twice - "Like Ooh-Aah" (patricenka9) #Groups
9. Demi Lovato - "Tell Me You Love Me" (Tinkerbelll) #Girls
10. Pentatonix - "Hallelujah" (Tinkerbelll) #Groups
1703 days 21 hours ago
spinfur
Okay so this week has been really busy for me however the episode is going to air either later tonight tomorrow evening depending if I have time.

open group

X Factor REBOOT (OPEN AUDITIONS)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!