This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ROUND 4: HIDDEN GEMS

Topic » ROUND 4: HIDDEN GEMS

908 days 19 hours ago
sjsoccer88
This theme is simple. You can submit any song of any genre as long as the video has LESS THAN TWO MILLION (2,000,000) views. Do not try to be cute and submit an irrelevant lyric video. It should either be the music video from the artist's official channel, or the audio if the song does not have an official video. Jan will be checking to make sure your submissions fit, but if you do not have a valid one by the deadline, that is your fault, so make sure your submission fits before sending it.

Deadline is 8 pm CST Tuesday, December 14, 2021.
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Final 13! However, one more will be leaving us tonight. It was nice to get a bunch of submissions of songs we haven't heard of before. A lot of them were well-received, however, one person will still be going home.

As always, we are working our way from the Top to the Bottom!
906 days 21 hours ago
DarkTyphoon23
https://i.imgur.com/C1xBM2D.gif
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 1/13 with 20 Seconds by Becka...KINDRED7!

Christian:
- fun fact! 20 seconds is also how long scott lasts before he oinks all over you in bed...anyway this song is so cute and peppy! the rap part sorta was a lot less good than the main chorus but i really enjoyed overall, nice pick! (7/13)

Kellen:
- I really enjoyed this song! I never heard it before, but it really has all the ingredients to make a hit song. It’s catchy and the beat gets you bobbing your head. I was not expecting her to get into the rap part LOL. Overall, glad I was introduced to this song and it sounds like one that should have more than 2mil views. (2/13)

Scott:
- OMG. I honestly loved it. This entire song is so cute and has such a catchy beat. Sorta gives me Meghan Trainor vibes? I might go listen to some of her other songs just to see if I vibe with them as well.  This will be at or near the top this round for me for sure. (2/13)

Average: 3.67
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 2/13 with Never Getting Rid Of Me by POESY...JAXON!

Christian:
- i feel like this song was a rollercoaster for me, there were parts where it RLY hit and there were parts i was sorta bored, fortunately for it there were more of the former but still...it definitely has the potential to be a certified bop alert i just didn't get that full ride... (6/13)

Kellen:
- This song definitely felt like the one you could dance to most. POSEY has a nice voice and definitely created a head-bobber of a song. You could feel the demand in her voice and she really got the feelings across. Sorta gives me crazy vibes. (5/13)

Scott:
- Well, I’ve heard of him before and listened to a few songs but haven’t listened to this one. I prefer this one to the other slow submissions we received this round. I actually like the message this one is giving and I can see myself listening to this from now on when I need a positive and uplifting song. Will be in the higher part of my rankings this round. (3/13)

Average: 5.00 (you tied for 2nd but two of three judges had you higher ranked)
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 3/13 with Attention by Hannah Trigwell...INSANITY!

Christian:
- yes hannah that ENTRANCE that's what we wanted! OMG...your lips! your back! this song definitely snatched all of my attention...yes yes yes! this is my kind of groove...dances along so hard! parties so much! thank you for introducing me to this whoever you are...hugs. (2/13)

Kellen:
- This was another song I didn’t know but instantly liked. It has an upbeat tone to it and I feel it’s definitely one you could turn up in the car and sing along to. It feels a bit slow at points compared to the beat but I do like it and was def moving. (8/13)

Scott:
- Bop. I felt myself moving a little to this. This is a very creative song and she has a beautiful voice. I love the beat of this and the chorus is very catchy. Not much else to say about this one but it’s one of my favorites this round. (5/13)

Average: 5:00 (you tied for 2nd but only one judge had you higher ranked)
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 4/13 with Lease on Life by Andy Grammer...WASHED_RAVIOLI!

Christian:
- it's good i suppose...sounds like something i'd sing at jesus camp back when i was a teen...it's catchy but am i really "vibing"...? not rly. (12/13)

Kellen:
- I do like Andy Grammer and this song is one I could see adding to one of my playlists for a long road trip. He has a great voice, and the song is instantly catchy and one that people want to know. Sort of gives me summer vibes too. (1/13)

Scott:
- Well, I’ve heard of him before and listened to a few songs but haven’t listened to this one. I prefer this one to the other slow submissions we received this round. I actually like the message this one is giving and I can see myself listening to this from now on when I need a positive and uplifting song. Will be in the higher part of my rankings this round. (3/13)

Average: 5.33
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 5/13 with Watching You by Robinson...HISOKA!

Christian:
- bald y'all are really knocking it out of the park this round huh? anyway this is quite beautiful too, yes quite lovely melody i would definitely sing this in my car as the rain slid down my windshield...bop alert! (4/13)

Kellen:
- Another song I’m hearing for the first time and I really liked it. Her voice is beautiful, and the song gives me vibes of a popular break up/letter to an ex song that could be a hit. It’s emotional, you can feel the hurt and it is a song I was wanting to hum or sing along to. (3/13)

Scott:
- Not another slower song. Just not my style. She’s very talented and has a great voice. I do like this but it does sound like a rip-off Taylor Swift song for a lot of it and like some of my other comments say, I would really need to be in a certain mood to listen and enjoy this fully. Middle-lower ranked for me. (10/13)

Average: 5.67
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 6/13 with 24 Hours by Agnes...DELETE2544!

Christian:
- love this song, it is the only one of all of these i was already familiar with at the time of this judging! agnes has a beautiful voice and the beat is so catchy, great choice and on any other week would prob be my #1. (3/13)

Kellen:
- This song gave me old school ‘90s vibes (maybe older idk my decades) and I really enjoyed that. Sometimes I love an older song. Anyways, she has a good voice and it’s got a different vibe than the other songs this round and stands out a bit because of that. However, I just personally don’t enjoy it as much as some others. (9/13)

Scott:
- Sorta Lady Gaga ish for me? I don’t mind this at all. The beat is catchy and energetic. Also getting some disco vibes which makes this submission stand out compared to some of the other more basic sounding ones. It’ll end up doing decent for me. Nice choice! (6/13)

Average: 6:00
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 7/13 with 24k by Tkay Maidza...HOWLOVELY!

Christian:
- yeah idk this just wasn't for me love...the man sorta dragged this already not great song down even more...best of luck though! (13/13)

Kellen:
- Never heard of this song or artist but I really like that she can sing and rap and the song definitely has a good beat and it definitely feels like you can get down to this song. Stood out from some of the other songs which is why I have it in the middle here! (7/13)

Scott:
- Ahhhh. I love this. She’s so talented. I love the mixture of the slow sensual mood with the upbeat club/party mood. I was feeling myself in parts of this and I will definitely check out some of her other stuff. This will be near or at the top for me! (1/13)

Average: 7.00
906 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 8/13 with Ophelia by Waa Wei...ILOVETOSING!

Christian:
- okay maybe its just my english major self but...i loved this LMAO? it's so haunting and beautiful and i was a huge fan throughout, sometimes less is more and i feel this was just chef's kiss, mwah! i feel my other judges (scott's xenophobic hick ass) will definitely not give this the justice it deserves...sorry in advance :( (1/13)

- You took a really big risk going this route, but I really enjoy Waa Wei’s voice!! It’s a slow song, but it has flow and I really enjoy the build-up to the chorus where you can really hear the emotion in her voice. I don’t enjoy it as much as some others, but I do appreciate the outside the box submission. (10/13)

Scott:
- Oh lord. I am all over the place with this one. It is so elegant and sweet. Her voice is smooth and she is so talented. I am not really a fan of slow songs unless it’s for a particular theme or I’m really in a depressed state of mind (but I still tend to opt for happier shit). I am glad you provided the rough translation which did help out a bit with understanding besides what I could see in the music video. This was a very big risk but the song is good. Idk how well this will end up based on the other songs but I can only see it doing mid-tier at best. If it was faster, I’d like it more. (11/13)

Average: 7.33
906 days 20 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 9/13 with Sandman by Ellise...HEAVENLEE!

Christian:
- it's good yeah but it's like an appetizer at the multiple full courses i've had tonight with some of these songs...it'll do FINE but it's mostly just because of other's songs greatness, not this song's "badness' (5/13)

Kellen:
- Oh wow, I really enjoyed her voice. I think she does a good job of increasing the interest in the song as she goes. Although it is a slower song, she uses her voice to pull you along and keep you intrigued until she gets to the higher parts! Overall, it’s a really good song and glad I know of it now. (6/13)

Scott:
- It’s ok. Very creepy at times, but then I really enjoyed the other parts. Maybe I would need to listen to some of her other stuff to get a better view on her music. This really didn’t excite me that much and it’s unfortunately going to be in the bottom half for me this round and probs near the bottom. (13/13)

Average: 8.00
906 days 20 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 10/13 with Somebody by Dagny...MAXI1234

Christian:
- i felt like this song was a lot of FLUFF but not a lot of substance...i really wanted to like it but i felt like it was sorta a one trick pony the entire time through...it's not bad but this round rly has raised the bar and i feel this song just doesn't compare. (10/13)

Kellen:
- Oh I have heard this song before and I’m sort of shook it has less than two million views??? SUPER catchy song and one that I liked before. She has a great voice and it’s a song that could easily fit in with the popular songs on the radio. (4/13)

Scott:
- I was so disappointed with this song. It sounded the same the entire way through and I just really wasn’t connecting with the beat at all. This will beat a few songs but not too many. (12/13)

Average: 8.67
906 days 20 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 11/13 with Detroit Basketball by Bad Bad Hats...STRAIGHTLOONIE!

Christian:
- babe sing into your mic it's like...so quiet compared to the instrumental  i feel if that was balanced better i would enjoy it more...? idk just not a huge fan overall sorry luv (11/13)

Kellen:
- Honestly... my comment deleted but basically I was like cute song. The video sorta reminded me of like making music videos in my media production college program. Anyways, it was linear and didn't really take me anywhere (11/13)

Scott:
- Ok, I actually like this a lot? It checks the up tempo box, but I wanted it to take off like midway/towards the end of the song because I felt it had this underlying build up and never quite got there. I do like the band though and think this was a good choice! (7/13)

Average: 9.67 (you tied for 11th but two of three judges had you higher ranked)
906 days 20 hours ago
Kennel123
MichelleObama and dorkishbarbi... one of you will be sadly leaving us tonight. You were separated by just 0.33 points (if my math is right), it was a close one!
906 days 20 hours ago
Kennel123
Ranking 12/13 with Hello by Allie X...DORKISHBARBI!

Christian:
- it's cute, it's sweet, but it is not making much of an impact sadly. would def sing along yes, but the rocket did not land on planet christian :/ (8/13)

Kellen:
- This song has all the elements to be a good song, and is a nice upbeat one, but it just isn’t for me honestly. It’s just not one I want to sing along to like it sorta annoys me a bit? But overall, she sounds alright and I can see people liking this song, it just isn’t as good as other submissions in my opinion! It honestly gives me musical vibes lol. (12/13)

Scott:
- It’s not bad by any means. It is better than the slow songs that were submitted, but didn’t blow me away. Allie is talented no doubt. I probably wouldn’t give this one another listen but as far as this round, I don’t think the choice will prove unwise. A good submission.  (9/13)

Average: 9.67 (you tied for 11th but only one judge had you higher ranked)

open group

_, Kellen, & Scott Music Contest (_KSMC)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!