This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S3: Masked!: Round 3: Fuck Pure Joy

Topic » S3: Masked!: Round 3: Fuck..

540 days 4 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello masked contestants and welcome to your third round! Congrats on surviving two rounds! Hopefully only one of you gets eliminated this round, and Tim thinks he won’t do well with this category so hopefully for y’all that’s the case!

We just finished a round all about brightness and warmth and joy and happiness so I figured now is about the time we fuck that shit up!

This theme is: Fuck Pure Joy

For this round, I’m asking a simple task. Send a song that you listen to when you want to go to a dark place within yourself. I want this song specifically to be more about darkness than sadness so like please no white girl piano ballads (unless like they get dark).

It doesn’t matter if you think of your song as pure sadness or darkness or you put this song on when you’re having an angry or sad time and want to get those dark feelings out! Just submit a song that makes you think of darkness! Don’t overthink it, I want to see your personal taste!

Y’all have probably like 4-5 days to send your songs because I won’t be able to judge these for a hot second! Make sure to send your songs to Tim! Good luck everyone!
535 days 6 hours ago
tbrown_47
1) Ptolemaea by Ethel Cain

2) Lonely Heart by Dragonette

https://youtu.be/uoeLPpP1FbQ

3) Blood of the Fang by Clipping

535 days 6 hours ago
tbrown_47
4) HaYaKo HaYaKo by Kali Mutsa

5) Lifetime by Yves Tumor

6) When the Lord by Susanne Sundfør

535 days 6 hours ago
tbrown_47
7) maybe it's my fault by WILLOW

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oF3caRwbKq4&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

8) Almost Heaven by Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

9) We Appreciate Power by Grimes

535 days 6 hours ago
tbrown_47
10) Плак-Плак by IC3PEAK

11) Argument by Circuit des Yeux

12) Hotel by Tori Amos

535 days 6 hours ago
tbrown_47
13) SALT by daine ft Oli Sykes

14) Self Sabotage by Rebecca Black

.be

15) Dead Walk by RedHook

535 days 5 hours ago
tbrown_47
ALT LINK
2) Lonely Heart by Dragonette

534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
Hello all! Welcome to the results show!!! Due to unforeseen circumstances of someone leaving the game, that will be the only person eliminated and unmasked in this round, unless Tim wins the round.

Tonight, 5 of you performed well enough to place in the top while 3 of you performed under the mark and are in the bottom! Unlike other rounds, tonight we will be revealing everyone’s placement from last to first because only Tim’s placement determines the fate of the lowest placing song.

And can I just say, I LOVED this round and the uniqueness and creativity shown in the sends :)
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 15th and last we have…Bullseye the Target Dog with “SALT” by daine, Oli Sykes!

- Oh okay. Oh. Oh no. This was fine until the man came in like Omg I’m not against men in music but like he’s not for me. And then the beat came in the chorus and I realized this song isn’t for me. I’m sorry to the sender, I don’t want to invalidate your music bc ya know it’s all subjective, but just like jaxon with his only send this style of song just isn’t for me. It was a different song, I know, it was just the same feeling of that beat coming in. Sorry sender :/
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
So, if Tim wins this round then Bullseye will be eliminated tonight. Let’s get to everyone else’s placements!

In 14th we have…Peach the Cat with “Lonely Heart” by Dragonette!

- Well this is incredibly different than the first song for sure. Not sure how dark this is, but I’m not here to judge everyone’s interpretations of the theme. As a song, I unfortunately don’t really enjoy this because I was looking for darkness and this feels incredibly bright to me so I was just sort of off-put by this song. If I was driving down the coastline I might enjoy this more, though the production of the song itself did make it sounds a bit cheap. Not my favorite :/
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 13th we have…Stingy from “Lazytown” with “Self Sabotage” by Rebecca Black!

- I mean we all know I love her, she’s my discord pfp, but like. Idk. This feels like a lazy song. I’m really mostly into her stuff post “Girlfriend” tbh. Like “Personal” would’ve been a great send here tbh ooh love that bop. This is fine but its nothing more than fine. Oh shit nvm yeah livinggggg for this mid song instrumental breakdown, best part of the song! Everything else was fine but that was a glimpse of what Rebecca could be :) It’s fine but a safe choice and because the round was too good this falls into low placement for me
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 12th we have…Ruler with “Nnak Nnak” by IC3PEAK!

- I know that’s not the title but girl idk how to spell that oops sorry! Loving the European influences with this one! Unfortunately, I’m not fully sold on the song itself. It feels very late 2010s futuristic but the kind that hasn’t aged like how current futuristic music sounds. I do love the voices, that’s the best part of this by far, very hypnotic which I like for this theme. Idk it’s not fully for me but I do find a respect for this. Sure! Good!
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 11th we have…Facemask with Bedazzled “Slay” with “Lifetime” by Yves Tumor!

- Ah I was wondering if we would be getting Yves here if only bc the people in Michelle’s game know I like his stuff. This is good. I submitted “God is a Circle” to that game bc that is legit my favorite of his songs I’ve heard tbh, I don’t fully connect with all of his stuff. This is better than some of his other stuff I’ve heard but I also know he has better. These drums though go the fuck off. To think I walked away from his festival slot bc he was annoying my friend and I. It is truly gorgeous tbh. Don’t fully connect tbh but I do like this!
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 10th we have…My Sushi Cake with “Ptolemaea” by Ethel Cain!

- Whoa. Well that was a way to start the round. I mean, yeah, dark for sure lol. I think I respect this more than I like this. Like, I get what she was doing and I really do enjoy this as a piece but idk if this is something I’d go back to. I just wanted more of a song I suppose because this was just noise for six minutes. But, it was gorgeous gorgeous noise and it’s really well done so I can’t fault it for that!
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 9th we have…Booty with “Hotel” by Tori Amos!

- This is cool. Ooh it switched ooooh. I’m loving everyone’s interpretations of the theme this round tbh like everyone chose this as a round to submit something different and cool. This isn’t exactly standing up to the other “intellectual” sends this round but I really do enjoy this, I love her reliance on the voice and the contrast between her voice and the bouncy kind of beat. I liked this quite a bit! A pioneer!
534 days 14 hours ago
FromAWindow
In 8th we have…Kangaroo with “HAYAKO HAYAKO” by Kali Mutsa!

- Ah yes I remember this from the TSC Best of contest. My review of this will be the same as back then because on a relisten my opinion hasn’t changed. The first part I respect but don’t fully connect with but then in the middle it goes OFFFFFFFFFFF starting with the organ and then that gothic choir omfg. I do really enjoy this! It’s not my absolute favorite but it does go the fuck off indeed.

open group

Window-Palooza 3: Masked!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!