This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Fables 1.1 "Who Killed Cock Robin?"

Topic » Fables 1.1 "Who Killed..

1964 days 9 hours ago
mildsalsa
Date: December 17, 1972
Weather: 31℉, snowy

December 17, 1972, 3:12 a.m. -- Woodlands 9th Floor, Jack Frost’s apartment --

Snow lightly pelts against the window as Jack Frost turns over in his bed asleep. The clock on his bedside table ticks to 3:13 a.m. The rotary dial on Jack’s wall rings, slightly shaking the receiver on top. Jack turns over and groans. He opens one eye and notices the time. The ringing fills his room, and Jack slumps out of bed and answers it.
        “It’s three in the morning,” he sighs. “Somebody better be dead.”
        The voice on the other line sighs, too. “Has anybody ever told you you’re a dick?”
        Jack leans against the wall and presses the phone against his other ear. “What is this about Toby? I told you only to call if it was important, and the only thing important at three in the fucking morning is sleep.”
        “The Deputy Mayor is dead.”
        Jack is silent for a moment. He switches the receiver again. “Where are you?”
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GenuineCompetentGorilla-small.gif

December 17, 1972, 3:29 a.m. -- Outside of the Gingerbread House Hotel --

Jack walks up the street and notices Toby Piper standing against the hotel with a girl by his side. He lights a cigarette and puffs on it as he approaches. The snow on the ground is dirty and indented, but new snow continues to fall on top. Jack nods at Toby and then the girl and looks around. “Well, where’s the body?”
        Toby motions to the alleyway next to the Hotel. “It’s back there. I kinda dragged it along further in. I didn’t want anybody to see it.”
        “You dragged his body?”
        Toby nods. “It was out in the open.”
        “God,” Jack shakes his head. “Have some fucking respect why don’t you.” He motions to the girl. “Maia, what are you doing here?”
        “She found him,” Toby pipes up. “The body, I mean. She found it.”
        “And then you dragged it?” Jack points to Toby.
        “It was partially in the open. I didn’t want any mundy’s to see it.”
        “Him.”
        “What?”
        “You said ‘it.’ You didn’t want any mundy’s to see ‘it.’”
        “You know what I mean.” Toby motions to the alleyway. “He’s just back there a little. Strangled, the poor guy.”
        “Maia,” Jack turns to her, “have you given a statement to Toby?”
        She shakes her head. “I haven’t yet, no. I just told him what happened.”
        “I didn’t want to do anything until you got here. I tried to call Mulan, but she wasn’t answering.” Toby looks towards the alley way and then back at Jack.
        “She’s still upstate until tomorrow. Take her statement.” Jack tosses his cigarette into the snow. He points to the hotel. “Anybody inside know anything?”
        Jack shakes his head. “I doubt it. The owners were asleep. I figured we could talk to them in the morning. Won’t be long now.”
        “Alright,” Jack nods and turns around. “Have a good night, Maia.”
        “Where are you going?” Toby pulls after him, but Jack shakes him off.
        “I’m gonna go see his wife.” Jack begins to walk away and lights another cigarette.
        Toby calls after him in a harsh whisper. “What am I supposed to do about the body?”
        Jack doesn’t turn back. “Drag it.”
1964 days 9 hours ago
mildsalsa
Date Unknown, around 300 years ago -- Homelands --

Cock Robin waits patiently at the end of the aisle, twiddling his little bird legs back and forth. A small bow tie is around his neck. He cocks his head towards the end of the aisle as the music starts and the birds begin to sing. Jenny Wren hops into frame, a small veil on the top of her head.
        She starts down the aisle, fluttering slowly, nodding and chirping at the guests. She finally stands next to Cock Robin and they peck at each other.
        “Dearly beloved,” the Sparrow begins, “we are gathered here today--”
        Jenny and Cock turn their heads as some kind of ruckus breaks out among the guests. Everyone begins shouting and a few begin to flutter away haphazardly. Jenny looks from side to side, and then to Cock Robin as a sharp arrow tears through his abdomen. Blood splatters on her beak, and she cries out as Cock Robin falls.

December 17, 1972, 4:00 a.m. -- Woodlands 10th Floor, Cock Robin and Jenny Wren’s apartment --

Jenny Wren finishes her cup of tea and lightly sets the mug in the sink. She bites her nail and wipes the makeup away from her face, stamping her cigarette out in the mug. Frost gathers on her window and she stares out. She clenches her fist as a somebody knocks on her door.
        She wisps around and grits her teeth as the knocking continues. She marches towards the door. “Where have you been all night?” She calls out as she swings the door open.
        Jack Frost stands there and puts his hand down. “Mrs. Wren.”
        “Oh,” Jenny steps back a little. “Deputy Frost. I’m sorry. I thought you were my husband. He hasn’t come home yet.”
        “I know,” Jack sighs and steps forward. “May I come in?”
        Jenny steps back, too. “What is this about?”
        Jack walks past Jenny inside and looks around the apartment. Most of the lights are on. The receiver of her rotary hangs against the wall. Jack points to it. “Not taking any calls?”
        Jenny walks and lightly places the receiver back on the dial. “Sorry,” she sighs. “I was in a fit earlier.” She turns around to face him.
https://media.giphy.com/media/75DNOin2CbdlK/giphy.gif
“What are you doing here, Deputy? Has my husband done something? Do you know where he is?”
        Jack takes a seat. “You don’t mind if I sit do you?”
        “No.”
        “Mind if I smoke?”
        Jenny shakes her head and sits across from Jack. “Might I have one?”
        “Do you smoke?”
        Jenny shakes her head again. “No, but I think I might need one.”
        Jack nods and hands her a cigarette, lighting it for her. Jenny takes a hearty drag and blows it up towards the ceiling. “Mr. Frost, where is my husband?”
        Jack sighs and takes a drag of his cigarette. “He’s dead, Jenny.”
        She is silent. She stands and puffs on her cigarette as she walks towards the window. A small tear forms in the corner of her eye. “Where is he?”
        “He’s with Toby, now.”
        “What happened to him?”
        “We’ll get to that,” he promises. “I was hoping I could ask you a few questions first.”
1964 days 9 hours ago
mildsalsa
December 17, 1972, 6:00 a.m. --The Gingerbread House Hotel--

Gretel Zucker hangs up the phone and paces in the office behind the hotel’s front desk. She sucks on a lollipop while her brother, Hansel, sits with his head in his hands.
        “What are we going to do, Gretel?” He looks up at her.
        She pops the sucker back in her mouth and continues to pace around the office.
        “Gretel, they found a body outside of our hotel.”
        “Calm down, Hansel,” she sighs. “Everything is going to be fine. We just need to handle our shit right.”
        “I don’t want any part in this. This isn’t good.”
        “We’re already a part of this.” She leans down and rips the sucker out of her mouth. “You need to calm down, Hansel. I’m serious. Get it together. Now. If this whole thing goes tits up, you and I won’t be on the better side of things.”
        Hansel nods and shakes his hair, rubbing his face with both of his hands. “What do we do?”
https://media.giphy.com/media/PIFnb9jAkMscE/giphy.gif
        “We play it cool.” Gretel touches his shoulder. “Get off the floor.” She tosses her sucker into the bin and peaks out into the lobby. She searches the wall of keys and pulls off the only remaining key for Room 22. She turns back into the office and closes the door behind her. “If anybody asks, both keys are missing. Neither of them were turned back in.”
        Hansel looks up at her.
        “Got it?”
        He nods.
        “I’ve got work tonight at the Rabbit Hole. I think you should come with me. Hang around at the bar or something,” she shrugs. “I don’t know how I feel about you being here by yourself.”
        “What about Woody?”
        Gretel shrugs again. “Nobody is going to believe a fucking thing that puppet says.” She places the key for Room 22 into her purse and opens the office door. “Now, get up.”

December 17, 1972, 11:00 a.m. -- Woodlands 3rd Floor, Mayor Simon Kaa’s Office --

Mayor Kaa takes a bite of his apple and a knock is heard at his door. “Come in.”
        Arielle Poole steps into Kaa’s office and shuts the door right behind her. “Sorry to bother you during your lunch, it’s just that--”
        “Oh, it’s no bother at all. You know that.”
        “Right,” Arielle nods. “It’s just that March Hare is here to see you.” She motions to the door and whispers. “He’s right outside.”
        Simon sits upright in his chair and sets his apple aside. “March Hare?” Simon ducks down a little. “Arielle, you know I like prior notice before he comes in.”
        “I know,” she nods. “But apparently he walked right past Barrett and came straight up. What am I to do? Tell him to get lost?”
        “No,” he shakes his head. “Of course not. Send him in. I guess.”
        Arielle turns towards the door and leaves it cracked. Simon sighs as he hears Arielle invite March Hare inside.
https://media.giphy.com/media/pE2ujj6ArXoOI/giphy.gif
        Simon smiles as Hare enters and closes the door. “Well, well, well. March Hare. To what do I owe the pleasure?”
        “Cut the shit, Simon. You know why I’m here.” March Hare sits across from Simon.
        “Yes, please,” Simon laughs nervously, “have a seat.”
        “What’s the latest on our Deputy Mayor situation? Have the police come around yet?”
        Simon nods. “Toby did earlier, but he didn’t ask much. Mulan is still upstate until tomorrow. Or, so I’m told.”
        March Hare shrugs. “Well, that might be better for us, anyway.”
        “Right,” Simon agrees. “How do you mean?”
        “Because things are about to get piping mad around here. Madder than even I. The police are going to be after me. I know it. And we don’t need them snooping around places they shouldn’t be.”
        “I understand, of course.”
        “Have you thought of a replacement?”
        “I’m sorry?”
        March Hare sighs and shakes his head. “For Deputy Mayor. A replacement.”
        “Oh, right. I suppose I haven’t given it much thought.”
        “You ought to. And let’s make sure it’s somebody more… manageable this time. Hm?”
        Simon nods furiously. “Of course. You know,” he says after a moment, “I didn’t hire Mr. Robin.”
        “No,” March Hare nods, “but you didn’t fire him either.”
        Simon is silent. March Hare stands from his seat. “Well, all the same now that he’s dead I suppose. Now, Simon, do ring me if anything comes up or anyone comes around. And I want to know when Mulan returns. I assume Jack is running the investigation in her absence.”
        “He is.”
        “Very well. I’ve got a club to run. We’ll talk soon.”
        March Hare leaves the office, and Simon lets out a great sigh, wiping the sweat from his brow.

December 17, 1972, 9:00 p.m. -- Fabletown --

At the Rabbit Hole, the neon lights are turned on as the girls march around inside. Kitty Delgado watches as the Looking Glass Girls pamper themselves in their mirrors, smoke filling the room from everyone’s cigarettes. March Hare sits up in his office, looking down at the club through his two-way mirror. Chester shines glasses downstairs and awaits the clubs opening.
        At the Woodlands, Simon Kaa informs Arielle to call an impromptu meeting of the Fabletown officials. He looks out his window as she leaves the office to make the announcement.
        At the Gingerbread Hotel, Hansel grabs his coat and gives instructions to Woody before leaving for the Rabbit Hole.
        In her apartment, Jenny Wren smokes another cigarette.
        And all around Fabletown, everyone is asking themselves the same question: Who killed Cock Robin?

1964 days 9 hours ago
Crocadilly
*you may begin posting*
1964 days 9 hours ago
Crocadilly
Anna:

*Anna stops by one of her tables on her way to the kitchen*
How's the porridge this time Sal? Not too hot, I hope?

Sal: "It's just right, sweetie"

*She smiles at the man and then stumbles to the kitchen, accidentally bumping into a table with her hip on the way*
1964 days 9 hours ago
mildsalsa
(**The Rabbit Hole is open! Also, there is a meeting in the Mayor's office for government officials!**)
1964 days 9 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*chippy puts on his coat he exits his room with a smile on his face*
1964 days 9 hours ago
spinfur
*Chester is shining the glasses humming a tune with a smile on his face*
1964 days 9 hours ago
dvs194
*Kitty walks out from the back onto the floor of the Rabbit Hole, glancing around at the girls and the patrons with a slight smirk on her face*
1964 days 9 hours ago
Maya10
My legs prop on the makeup table, cigarette in hand starring at the mirror-
1964 days 9 hours ago
Noxity
Elsa is cleaning a table at The Rabbit Hole, her blond hair tied into a braid over her shoulder.
She hums a tune as she makes circular motions with her cloth
1964 days 9 hours ago
Finnick
*Hansel walks down the street, looking behind him every couple hundred feet to make sure he's not being followed*
1964 days 9 hours ago
mildsalsa
Briar Rose:

*packs up a few things into her purse at her apartment*
*gets on her phone and dials Phillip's Woodlands apartment*
Pick up, pick up.
1964 days 9 hours ago
Crocadilly
Anna:

*picks up an empty glass from a table by the kitchen and places it on Elsa's tray*
-to Elsa-
Your guy at table 4 needs another moscow mule
1964 days 9 hours ago
Hudspith
*walks into the rabbit hole looking around*
1964 days 9 hours ago
Rain848
*Adjust his cufflinks and looks in the mirror and turns slowly looking back at his bedroom*

open group

Fables

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!