This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Assignment 4: The World

Topic » Assignment 4: The World

5100 days 9 hours ago
MelloJello
aww thank u Jermin<3
5099 days 23 hours ago
gxvgxv94
*knocks on judges doors* "r u still alive??? i am concerned for u!!!!"
5099 days 21 hours ago
Emma
Results will be tomorrow.
5099 days 21 hours ago
p0tt34
We've just been extremely busy...I'm sure the others will be rolling in here soon. :)
Presumed
Interesting...nice mix of cultures...Asian and French.  The picture is a bit far out...but its pretty good overall.

xbeckywxx
Something says I've seen this photo somewhere before recently...however its not against the rules so, no worries.  It's a pretty good photo...I like the fear in the eyes. 

TripleXXX
I can so tell this is Australian, not India. The story is nice, but without it, I would think you were going for Australian.  I can see where you got the Native American from, and it's a good photo, just wrong culture feel.

GoAlexandra
Ah yes, mod Twiggy!  I like this..but it is bland.  I would have used something like this (http://style.catalogs.com/images/Twiggy-1.jpg ) for Mod.  Not bad overall, just bland.

cwustu89
Interesting blend of American and Middle Eastern.  It's kind of boring otherwise..but not too bad overall

gxvgxv94
Nice photo!  I love the color blending of the Asian theme.  Wonderful job!

dawnmicd
Nice Indian theme.  It seems a bit boring overall, however...  But overall nice.  Are you paying attention, Triple, this is Indian as we're seeing it.

Jermin119
Very risky move...it paid off in my book, very nicely done.  Great job!!!

britishboiii000
I like Alek Wek...but once again, it's kinda boring...not bad of a photo though.

MelloJello
Very nice take with the naughty but innocent Japanese girl.  This is borderline boring...but there's something I can't put my finger on that is keeping me from calling it boring.  Nice job!
5098 days 23 hours ago
Nakomis
Some of you have lost sight of the fact that this is a high fashion modeling competition. Submitting a picture that goes with a theme is not enough; it needs to be high fashion as well.

Presumed – I really don’t like this. It looks like someone took a picture of a woman getting a wedding portrait. She’s in a white gown with a camera crew off to the side. A close up of the face reveals no facial modeling either. This is a good example of representation of theme without any modeling.

xbeckywxx – I actually used this shot last cycle for a challenge. I like how it barely shows the landmark at all, yet you know exactly what it is. The styling, pose, and face of the model are all executed well. I never have liked the random handbag though. I think it would look better without it.

TripleXXX – We’ve reached the stage of the competition where I’m beginning to get tired of ANTM shots. Not only is this clearly Australian, it also features several different models. I do not know whether Emma has changed the rules, but I have always been under the impression that one model per shot is allowed unless otherwise stated. Anyway, once I get passed those things, I think the pose is unique and the face is strong. I also like the sepia tone of the photograph.

GoAlexandra – This is a very strong headshot, something that I don’t think we’ve seen a lot of so far. Twiggy is an iconic fashion figure, and it is refreshing to see her face. I especially like the eyelashes. The photo is quite plain, but the little touches such as the eyelashes and the hand in the shot make it just right.

cwustu89 – This really does nothing for me. It is not horrendous, but there’s nothing special here. I’m fine with vague theme references, but the belly dancing element doesn’t attract me. Her face is nice, her body position is somewhat typical…overall it’s just plain.

gxvgxv94 – You went very literal with the theme. Everything in this shot screams China. The hair, the makeup, the background, the dress, the nails: it’s all just too much. It looks something I’d see in the window of a nail salon in China. The eyes are mysterious and well-modeled, but everything else is extremely commercial and overworked.

dawnmicd – This is also like Presumed: it is a good representation of theme but there is no high fashion modeling. This looks like a picture I’d see in an Indian tourism brochure. There’s really nothing more to say except that you should go less literal with the theme and try to show real modeling.

Jermin119 – Showing a shot from a runway is not typically what you’re supposed to do, but I don’t really care. I really like this shot a lot. It is extremely visually appealing, and I know that it is Asian right away without it screaming Asia to me. The blackout eye is very interesting as well. It helps that pandas are one of my favorite animals.

britishboiii000 – Last week was kind of a fluke for you, because this impresses me once again. It’s so simple and effortless. That is what I really like about two of the photos you’ve submitted so far: they aren’t super high fashion and strongly posed, but they depict emotion and still work. I get the African influence and what you said about being comfortable in your own skin is really true as well. Accessories in this type of shot will make or break the picture, and the earring makes it. Please continue doing well.

MelloJello – I immediately get the Japanese and anime influences, but like some of the others this is not high fashion. I can find about 1,000 of these on Google Images. It’s nothing special and I’m not impressed. The face does draw your attention despite the flamboyant styling, which shows that it must be somewhat strong.
5098 days 20 hours ago
connorthomson
im still alive dw lol
5098 days 14 hours ago
xbeckywxx
(im sorry for uising ur photo i didnt know sorry x)
5098 days 5 hours ago
Nakomis
You didn't know so I'm not holding it against you and I don't care that you did.
5098 days ago
dawnmicd
im nervous

open group

Next Top Model: Cycle 3

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!