This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Welcome new players!- The Bibbles Memorial Speed Dating Pub Scene

Topic » Welcome new players!- The..

3658 days 20 hours ago
bibbles
What's your worst fear about the state of music today? when i was younger we had a thing called the civic circuit, where new acts could tour all the civic halls and get recognition, they all played their own instruments, it was hard work, but very exciting. i think weve lost a lot of that, new bands dont have that platform any more, all these get famous quick on xfactor type programmes and manufactured bands have taken away all the real music.

What do you think kids 20 years from now will say about the music they hear in TSC? my mother in law is in a care home and they regularly play frank sinatra and songs like that, the newest stuff they play is abba. i said to mini bibs the other day, it will be funny watching the care assistants having to put on pierce the veil and slipknot to get her up dancing when shes 80!! they will think its old fashioned!!

What kind of comments do you enjoy the most in TSC? i like pabs comments the best! i like most of them, sometimes in find it amusing when someone picks a theme and all the comments are based on that, but on the whole, most comments are interesting.
3658 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
What's your worst fear about the state of music today? Really nothing I can think of at the moment. There's pretty much stuff out there for everybody, it's just about looking for it. My taste continues to evolve with the new work that's coming out -- don't know whether to attribute that to my own personal taste or the state of music these days, but for the sake of this, I'll give new music the benefit of the doubt.

What do you think kids 20 years from now will say about the music they hear in TSC? Depending on whether the experimental stuff in here becomes the norm or not, they'll either think "dated" or "what the fuck?" As far as everything else is concerned, it's hard to tell. Personally, when I heard older music, it usually takes me back and gives me a good feeling.

What kind of comments do you enjoy the most in TSC? Have to echo what bibbles said in that I like Pablito's comments the most. I know it's only been a week, but I got more insight out of his comments this week than others. I also know that it's not always easy to put your thoughts into words regarding songs, especially if you just flat out don't like them, but it's always nice to get feedback beyond the typical "boring" or "typical/generic." I think it takes away a bit of the sting -- it's obviously fine that people have their own particular tastes, but when someone can articulate their issues with said submissions, it makes things less discouraging to me.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!