This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 155 Final

Topic » TSC 155 Final

3689 days 14 hours ago
smi9127
01) Matthew Mole – The video was fun and qwerky, but the music did not match the energy of the video.
02) The Strumbellas – Nice and upbeat, but not my type of music. Was not horrible though maybe will get points.
03) Thousand Foot Krutch – This type of music isn’t seen a lot in TSC. It wasn’t great, but I sort of liked it.
04) Us – Definitely a powerful duet. Not very catchy, but a good song nonetheless.
05) Clean Bandit – I liked the chorus, but nothing else really. Nice smooth vocals though.
06) Lauren Aquilina – Really nice voice. Wish it was a bit more up beat.
07) Indiana – I got kind of bored tbh. Yeah mmeh.
08) Chila Lynn – Not a fan of her voice. The music was okay though. Kind of catchy.
09) Vienna Teng – I liked her voice. This song has a nice tone to it. Up beat and nice. Liked it!
10) Taylor Henderson – He has a great voice. It was interesting enough to hold my attention.
11) Adriana Rusu – These foreign songs tho. This one I was not a fan of honestly sorry.
12) Sharon Doorson – I hate to admit it but this was catchy. Her voice was generic but the music was getting it.
13) 5 Seconds of Summer – A little slow for me. The chorus was okay, nice voices.
14) We The Kings – I really liked this song actually. Really nice, catchy, good voices, yes.
15) Analogue Monsta – It was qwerky werid. I honestly did not hate it. I thought it was kind of cool. I feel like this song would be fun on drugs.
16) Le Youth – I am not feelin this song tbh. Weird. Not good weird.
17) PleasePlease – Short and sweet. Simple but I liked it. Good song.
18) Nils Noa – I feel like this would have been a good up beat song but it was very one note and almost whispery.
19) Enno Bunger – More foreign ahhh. This one was much better tho. No offense. Ummm, but it was a bit slow for me personally.
3689 days 12 hours ago
kimmal8
1) Matthew Mole - Great start to the contest! He has a pretty good voice and I like that the song never got too loud.
2) The Strumbellas - This was okay, not too exciting.
3) Thousand Foot Krutch - This was terrible...a worse version of Linkin Park
4) Us - They sound good together, the song itself isn't all that much to marvel at.
5) Clean Bandit - They sounded nice, was the featured artist purely instrumental?
6) Lauren Aquilina - Samey, I'm not a fan of her voice.
7) Indiana - Weird AF no thanks.
8) Chila Lynn - This is soulful but boring!
9) Vienna Teng - This was nice, i liked the knock knock knock parts.
10) Taylor Henderson - Sort of standard, nothing special.
11) Adriana Rusu - Liked the French aspect, but the song itself wasn't great.
12) Sharon Doorson - Just another typical radio song.
13) 5 Seconds of Summer - Thought this would be their radio hit, but nope it was another teenaged boy band love song.
14) We the Kings - Not a huge fan of them but this is alright!
15) Analogue Monsta - Pretty dang weird.
16) Le Youth - Again...weird.
17) PleasePlease - I'm sensing a pattern emerging...
18) Nils Noa - This wasn't bad! Certainly worthier than most this contest.
19) Enno Burger - Good finish, pretty relaxing.
20) Cults - Whoops thought there were 19 songs! Wish that was so cuz this sucked!
3689 days 9 hours ago
smi9127
oh my post for the cults never went through

20) Cults - Way too slow and whispery for me, not a fan
3689 days 6 hours ago
FlameonX
1) Matthew Mole - It felt really good.
2) The Strumbellas - I couldn't feel the lyrics.
3) Thousand Foot Krutch - Reminds me of some band in the early 00's.
4) Us - Powerful duet, I liked it!
5) Clean Bandit - The beginning bit stood out the most to me.
6) Lauren Aquilina - I probably give her points everytime, haha.
7) Indiana - I didn't think I would like it, but it maintained a sense of intensity.
8) Chila Lynn - Awesome!
9) Vienna Teng - I liked several components of the song, but it definitely lost me sometimes.
10) Taylor Henderson - It's just OK.
11) Adriana Rusu - Can't say that I was much of a fan.
12) Sharon Doorson - I didn't dislike it! It was somewhat fun.
13) 5 Seconds of Summer - I like the lead's voice, but the choruses didn't do anything for me.
14) We The Kings - I like the band, not the song.
15) Analogue Monsta -  Ooooh, I like!!
16) Le Youth - Wtf...this is ME & YOU! Not COOL. Cassie did it better, sorry.
17) PleasePlease - Yeahhh, fun stuff!
18) Nils Noa - It's nice, but I think I was looking for a little more.
19) Enno Bunger - I hear Backstreet Boys. "But my world is half asleeeeeeep."
20) Cults - It gave me that Cheap Tricks vibe!
3689 days 1 hour ago
sarahnva
Blah. I'm sooooo busy but I miss you guys! I'll finish this up in a few hours.

1. Matthew Mole
Oh, I enjoyed the banjo at the beginning. This is a cute little song. I'm happy that it picked up. His voice is a little monotone, but I like how it picked up after 2:20. I've missed TSC. <3

2. The Strumbellas
Ooooh I like this. It would be a fun song to hear live. Maybe it's the clapping, but I'd so jump around and dance listening to this. It was short too. I almost wish it were a little longer. Another good song!

3. Thousand Foot Krutch
This isn't too bad, but it sounds too familiar. Very similar to Story of the Year, an old favorite of mine. I think I need more coffee.

4. Us
This was sweet, but too twangy for me. Is twangy a word? Kind of like country'ish. The scream at the end startled me too!

5. Clean Bandit
I enjoyed the slow start and she has a nice voice, but it grew repetitive and I ended up zoning out. I had to restart and it still did not hold my attention. :(

6. Lauren Aquilina
I think I've heard her on tsp before. She has a strong voice but it's another song that did not hold my interest. Six songs in and I'm getting ADD! I may need to stop and come back. ;)

7. Indiana
Oooooh I do love myself some Indiana, though. I just love her voice. It's so deep. This was a more upbeat song than what I'm used to from her too. I enjoyed it.

8. Chila Lynn
This was different! Props to someone for sharing a new style. Her voice stands out too. I'm not sure how far it'll go, but I like the different style. The song itself was ok and she ended up sounding a bit whiny towards the end.
3688 days 23 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Matthew Mole - It's such a feel-good song. Great start!
2. The Strumbellas - It was rather forgettable. Nice tone, but it didn't really wow me.
3. Thousand Foot Krutch - Went too hard. A bit like Linkin Park, not really something I would comeback to, ya know.
4. Us - Nice vocals, it was a really pleasant, laidback entry.
5. Clean Bandit - Loves this band, this is nowhere as close to Rather Be, but still liking it. Loving their use of the instruments.
6. Lauren Aquilina - She's hanging around the TSC, that is a very good entry, amazing buildup for a pop song.
7. Indiana - Creepy MV, but the song is different, another goodie.
8. Chila Lynn - Three good songs in the row. Very soulful.
9. Vienna Teng - Another quite good song, not as good as previous 3, but defo standing out. Nice vocals.
10. Taylor Henderson - It's kinda twee to be honest!!
11. Adriana Rusu - It's too whispery! Granting after awhile!
12. Sharon Doorson - Another typical radio song that'd be played over and over again.
13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - "You Ok?"
14. We The Kings - Why do we get two teen rock bands in the row? No.
15. Analogue Monsta - Started well, but then it got quite awkward! It's not bad, though!
16. Le Youth - I've always loved this song.
17. PleasePlease - Not bad, quite groovy.
18. Nils Noa - Another good, laidback entry, must say it's a strong TSC.
19. Enno Bunger - I hate this language. The song is pretty ok, though.
20. Cults - Seemed good, till the middle part. Went too strong, a bit annoying.
3688 days 22 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Matthew Mole – I’m quite partial to folk riffs. It’s certainly chirpy and upbeat and structured quite nicely and simply too. I wanted it to build a little more here and there though. His vocal was rather monotone and uninspiring too, but good start.
2)        The Strumbellas – I quite like the vibe again. The vocals are quite nice in harmony too, but they’re swallowed up in the music, which doesn’t really engage me. This one isn’t quite as strong.
3)        Thousand Foot Krutch – The lyrics are quite interesting, which I found surprising for some reason and it stops it from being too generic. It’s not really my style of music and I’m not a fan of the heavier touch to the music with the growling. I wish it ended a little cleaner and had another dimension to it maybe, but I can sort of appreciate it for what it is.
4)        Us – There’s quite a lot of folk so far. Their voices undeniably go really well together and it was nice and upbeat. I think their voices need a smaller arrangement to convey a lot of the emotion in the voices and not from the music. Lots of staccato stops in both the music and vocals don’t really sit well with me and make it a bit stop-starty. They could have achieved a nicer flow maybe. 
5)        Clean Bandit – They’re really making a name for themselves lately. They deserve it. They’re bringing some nice sounds, especially the string-inspired sounds, to electropop and other similar genres. I wish her vocal was stronger, but it has quite a nice tone. It didn’t really captivate me as much as I hoped it would, but it’s not bad
6)        Lauren Aquilina – She’s got such a nice tone to her voice and can capture emotion really well. The twiddly bits of music work well around her voice too. The lyrics are quite good, but sometimes they spoil the flow of the music a bit with there being too many syllables to the phrases or whatever.  It’s quite epic with its arrangement and its strong beat. Yeah, it all comes together quite nicely.
7)        Indiana – That pulsating bass is heavy and infectious. I’m loving the vibe. It lacks a bit of cohesion though. It goes off into that brief change of direction and the transition isn’t brilliant. I loved that bass too much though.
8)        Chila Lynn – Her voice is so soulful and the music is jazzy and funky sometimes. It goes a bit twee on occasion, but it’s quite a refreshing style. She reminds me of Amy Winehouse in her music.
9)         Vienna Teng – This is very odd. It’s progressive pop or that weird shoegaze genre? It’s certainly out there, but it’s intriguing. I can’t make my mind up on it though. As a piece of art, it was really interesting and unique, but I can’t really segment the beat at times to really appreciate it melodically. This has kind of thrown me. I need to listen to it again…
10)        Taylor Henderson – Lyrically, we come back to unoriginality and a style of lyrics we’ve heard hundreds and hundreds of time. While we’re talking about beats though, this is a tad unconventional for this genre with a compound beat, which is rather interesting. He’s got quite a nice vocal, but it’s not my style of music lyrically.
3688 days 22 hours ago
Monrooster
11)        Adriana Rusu – I don’t recognise this language. I can’t quite place it. Eastern European? It’s quite interesting musically with that weird sitar sort of sound, but its melody doesn’t really mesh well to the rest of the music. It’s a bit one-dimensional too.
12)        Sharon Doorson – I recognise her name. Have we had her before?  It’s deceptively complex in its sound effects. There are little editing nuances in her voice which are quite interesting. The lyrics are a bit uninspired, but I was pleasantly surprised until she started rapping.
13)        5 Seconds of Summer – Not the catchiest boy band name. They’re Australian?  I thought they sounded British and were putting on the accent a bit. Too soppy in its lyrics and style. Not my cup of tea.
14)         We The Kings – Hear me sigh within the first 10 seconds. Their lyrics made me laugh. “I’ll be the Jay-Z, you’ll be the B”. I can’t take them seriously, sorry.
15)        Analogue Monsta – Way too experimental and niche for me. The lyrics and music don’t mesh well together at all. This was a struggle to listen to.
16)        Le Youth – This sounds familiar. I think I’ve heard it on the radio and in clubs. Quite a funky beat, but the lyrics are bit pants.
17)        PleasePlease – I’m running out of songs to vote for. Catchy, but no real substance.
18)        Nils Noa – I’m beginning to switch off. It’s too passive and those synth choral backing vocals were just odd. No thanks.
19)        Enno Bunger – Ooh, German. I got way too excited when he started singing. It’s a bit slow, but his vocal and the music are quite powerful together. I like how they’re creating some of the sounds too.  However harsh the language sounds, when you can understand what they’re actually saying, it can be quite emotive. I can see it not being everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m really digging it.
20)        Cults – This sounds vaguely familiar. I may have heard it before. I do like a few Cults songs. It’s got a nice waltzy flow to it, but it gets quite powerful. A bit short, but rather sweet.
3688 days 21 hours ago
TheGoodMan
1)        Matthew Mole: Well this is pleasant indeed, I quite like his voice, even if it is a little generic, this is just a good cheery song ?
2)        The Strumbellas: Well this is very Mumford and Sons, like it’s pretty decent. Like I said with Matthew, generic, but at least his put a nice smile on my face.
3)        Thousand Foot Krutch: Sorry, but this is horrific.
4)        Us: Why does everyone send pop folk songs nowadays? Well as far as those go, I like it, very Of Monsters and Men, their voices go nicely together.
5)        Clean Bandit: Well they’re certainly very “in” right now, with that song with Jess Glynne being number one like everywhere, this song certainly isn’t on that level at all, but it’s ok, I do find it a bit difficult to follow, the beat isn’t great.
6)        Lauren Aquilina: I forgot this was on, This bored the hell out of me tbh.
7)        Indiana: ooohhhhhh, this is intriguing, the beat is very infectious, the plainly delivered vocals complement it very well, nice one here.
8)        Chila Lynn: Unusual voice on here, I’m not sure it meshes well with the song tbh.
9)        Vienna Teng: Not all that exciting but it was a nice little ditty here. Strong vocals, good beat, not bad at all.
10)         Taylor Henderson: Nice voice, but the song is NAUSEATING. I’m conflicted.
11)         Adriana Rusu: Interesting beat here, I do wish it was in English, but it wouldn’t be fair of me to dock it points just because it’s in a different language, not what I was expecting, very good!
12)         Sharon Doorson: This reminds me of the song I sent last week, JEM lol. For what it is, I like it, but what it is, is just Top 40 Dancepop stuff.
13)         5 Seconds of Summer: Bleh, just nothing capturing with this song, it’s V Fray circa 2006, hey, it might feature on an episode of 90210 or Gossip Girl or something YAWN.
14)         We The Kings: Honestly see right above, my feelings are identical to the last song as it is towards this.
15)         Analogue Monsta: Very very different from the past two songs, this is definitely right up my street, I love the synths, love the vocals, good song indeed!
16)         Le Youth: I really like their song with Dominique Young Unique, this song is also really good ?
17)         PleasePlease: Much like the Matthew Mole song, this benefits because It’s a nice sunny day here and it’s just a nice pleasant summery song to listen to, I really like this one!
18)         Nils Noa: His voice is a bit boring tbh, Bit of a sleepy song this, might sneak a low point position from me, but nothing more.
19)         Enno Bunger: I love the piano, his voice is also quite nice, the foreign language songs are really delivering this week!
20)         Cults: The best for last? Possibly, I love the noir kind of lulling feeling, and combining with that some beautiful vocals and some distortion in parts, excellent!
3688 days 20 hours ago
Pepper
01) Matthew Mole - I enjoyed this, nice fun beat.

02) The Strumbellas - This was alright, I needed a lil more oomf.

03) Thousand Foot Krutch - This was alright I was waiting for a real head bang moment but I guess this was a softer kinda rock idk.

04) Us - There were parts that I really liked and parts where their voices didn't mesh for me.

05) Clean Bandit - Thi was unique and I really enjoyed it!

06) Lauren Aquilina - She has a nice voice, it was a nice mellow song.

07) Indiana - It started off really slow, and her voice didn't show a lot of range... but something kept me captivated when the beat picked up, it is a bit repetitve, but I enjoyed it.

08) Chila Lynn - I thought I would like this more, but the chorus didn't do anything for me, it was ok.

09) Vienna Teng - The song was pretty good, but the music video was amazing! I'm not sure why, but I loved the video.

10) Taylor Henderson - This was pretty nice!

11) Adriana Rusu - It started off ok, but it kinda fell flat for me.

12) Sharon Doorson - This was fun, not really my thing, but it was kindy catchy

13) 5 Seconds of Summer - This was alright, kinda started off slow

14) We The Kings - This was pretty catchy, I enjoyed it.

15) Analogue Monsta - This was... really interesting!

16) Le Youth - This was also interesting, a bit better than the last one.

17) PleasePlease - I enjoyed this one!

18) Nils Noa - This was nice, a bit slow though.

19) Enno Bunger - I really didn't think I would like this one, but it kept me captivated.
3688 days 19 hours ago
Patrick319
1) Matthew Mole - Cute beat.
2) The Strumbellas - This was alright. Enjoyed parts of it.
3) Thousand Foot Krutch - Stuff like this really isn't for me. Didn't like it very much.
4) Us - This is a grower. Not bad.
5) Clean Bandit - Digging this.
6) Lauren Aquilina - Lauren is wonderful. I really enjoyed this song. Potential winner.
7) Indiana - This was odd. I feel like it took too long to show some distinct change in the music but overall, it wasn't bad.
8) Chila Lynn - A little basic for its genre. I feel like I've heard this 100 times before.
9) Vienna Teng - Took a while to get going but I liked it.
10) Taylor Henderson - Pretty boring and generic.
11) Adriana Rusu - A little overcomplicated. All the elements make it interesting to me though. This is turning into quite a strong TSC.
12) Sharon Doorsoon - This has potential in becoming a guilty pleasure.
13) 5 Seconds of Summer - Not a big fan of these types of songs but this wasn't even that bad.
14) We The Kings - Nice start. A little better than the last song.
15) Analogue Monsta - Too strange.
16) Le Youth - Not sure what to think of this. Not bad.
17) PleasePlease - Loud! But I quite liked this. Nice summer song.
18) Nils Noa - Nice and mellow.
19) Enno Bunger - I really enjoyed this. Great voice.
3688 days 19 hours ago
TheGoodMan
I've noticed a lot of people left Cults out in their evaluations?

did people just have them cut off/forgot or did they not see the song?
3688 days 19 hours ago
Pepper
IT IS BECAUSE TOLIS DIDNT HAVE THEM IN HIS RUNNING PLAY LIST AT THE BEGGINING, fuckin tolis !

20) Cults - this was alright, it had a nice dreamy feel.
3688 days 18 hours ago
ryan5676
I believe that cults should come back in the next contest with the same song so it would have another chance
3688 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
We haven't reached our quorum so the results will be pushed back until 3 pm EDT, 8 pm BST ... if you have already voted you can submit your TSC156 song, there is no theme for next week... updates on rules 2.0 and survey #3 will be coming soon!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!