This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 157 Final

Topic » TSC 157 Final

3664 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
17) Daithi - 'Chameleon Life (Ft. Raye)'

3664 days 17 hours ago
TolisKalkas
18) Faydee - 'Unbreakable (ft. Miracle)'

3664 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
19) Lykke Li - 'No Rest For the Wicked'

3664 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
20) Malibu Barbiie Delish - 'Lick Me '

3664 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
ALL 20 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then PM your votes to me in the usual way, (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1) to your favourite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

You cannot vote for yourself or discuss voting with each other. You are not allowed to reveal which act you submitted.

You have until Sunday 1 pm EDT (6 pm BST) to submit your comments and votes.

The Results show will be later that day, at 3 pm EDT (8 pm BST)

Good luck everyone
3664 days 15 hours ago
kkoster001
Louis Dearman- I thought this was a nice vocal, but I didn't get into it, not a bad start.
Ricky Martin- This was so much fun to listen to, I enjoyed it a lot!
Hey Rosetta- I love voices like this, it was a pretty song. I liked it.
The Colourist- Love the unique voice, it was really nice.
David Myles- His voice wasn't bad, but I didn't enjoy this song, it just wasn't for me.
Haim- I like their voices, I think they're also a good group, but this was just nice. Nothing special.
Laura Hunter- I think she has a nice voice, but it was boring, including the chorus. Almost fell asleep.
Twin Forks- I like songs like this, it was nice, good choice.
MIAU- I don't know what to say to this, some parts were good, but it was really weird.
Anna Rossinelli- She has a decent voice, but it's bland. Better than some others though
Within Temptation- I like old school voices, and yours was tender. Spoke to me.
Hillsong United- I am happy someone used this, I couldn't find the radio version so I couldn't use this, but it is a great song. I love everything about it. Wish I could have used this. :)
Fiona Apple- Her voice isn't bad, but she is hard to read, and this was creepy.
Margaret Berger- Ummm....hmmm what's with all the weird artists? This was weird, really really weird.
Broken Bells- This was a good song, the vocals were cool, and it had a cool story behind it.
Courtneers- This was a good song, but it's the kinda song where you only really like half, and that was the second half.
Daithi- Her voice is weird, but really unique, and I found that kinda cool.
Faydee- This song had an amazing message, and the vocals were strong.
Lykke Li- Beautiful song, I felt every word, one of the better tsc contests.
Malibu Barbiie Delish- LOL, THIS HAS ME DYING, BUT IT WAS AWFUL.
3664 days 10 hours ago
Aquamarine
1. Louise Dearman & Lauren Samuels - I'm fairly certain this is definitely something that would be in a Disney movie.
2. Ricky Martin - lol @ a ricky martin song. I mean it wasn't horrible but it was just kind of what I'd expect from him.
3. Hey Rosetta! - One day I'll take the time to figure out just exactly who it is that is submitting these kinds of songs. Blehhhhhhh.
4. The Colourist - It was a nice little song. Liked it overall. Dunno if its really my thing generally but it worked.
5. David Myles - It was relaxing but that's about it, that's not really what I look for in a song. Calming isn't fun =[
6. HAIM - They were on SNL recently and that's all I really know about them. They weren't particularly amazing on there either. Not that it was bad or anything.
7. Laura Hunter - It was a decent song, I like her I suppose. It wasn't exciting though. I'm waiting for one that's more upbeat that isn't Ricky Martin.
8. Twin Forks - Something about this song I just loved and its not of the kind I'd usually love but yeah. Must've been that black and white movie pulling me in or something.
9. MIAU - This was one of the weirdest fucking videos I've seen in a long while and yet I enjoyed it all somehow. Jesus I'm weirded out though somehow.
10. Anna Rossinelli - I think I would have liked to hear her sing something else. I think her voice would have been better suited to a different type of song. I don't know I like her voice though.
11. Within Temptation - Every time I hear Xzibit I think of that movie Hoodwinked he was randomly in and I laugh because it's just so odd. What a nice song though.
12. Hillsong United - ALERT THIS SONG WAS ON A TOP 5 ALBUM YOU ARENT GONNA GET IT PAST ME AHAHAHAHAKHDHSAHDSKAH
13. Fiona Apple - She won the fuckign hunger games somehow and I still don't know how she did. She's weird as hell as was this song.
14. Margaret Berger - Loved her, liked the beat of the song and the melody. Not sure I loved the lyricism here but overall I loved it.
15. Broken Bells - A little bit quirky, no? Not bad despite that though it didn't excite me like I had hoped.
16. Courtneers - I enjoyed this one too, don't have anything particularly bad to say about it, and thats that.
17. Daithi - I was trying to think of someone to compare her to but then couldn't think of anyone. It was a basic song I guess. Not bad not good.
18. Faydee - I feel like this guy is such a tool and yet I still really enjoyed the song. Like I don't want him to win just cuz I dislike him but I like the song so what a confict we have here.
19. Lykke Li - SHES ON BINB WITH I FOLLOW RIVERS. She's not bad. She's not very energetic in either song I don't believe though.
20. Malibu Barbiie Delish - I'm sorry is Dav_o playing this week because he's the kind of person who would submit this.
3664 days 7 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Louise Dearman & Lauren Samuels - The voices are nice, but a little too Disney for my tastes. I'm torn between thinking it built nicely and feeling like it dragged a bit.

02) Ricky Martin - Ricky was in his prime in my teenage years, so I consider myself somewhat of a ~RICKY MARTIN CONNOISSEUR~. It was kinda fun, but in comparison to his prime work, it left so much to be desired. It'll probably stand out for the energy among this group (just looking over the artists used).

03) Hey Rosetta! - Very chill until the chorus, perhaps a bit too much. Nothing really stood out about it to me either positively or negatively. It could go either way as far as points are concerned, as it's not actively something I didn't like, but I'm not sure I'll remember it by the time I get around to voting.

04) The Colourist - This is one of the ones I heard when Tolis was first posting (and I was on the verge of passing out, NOT BECAUSE OF THE SONG, CALM YASELF) and I must say that I enjoyed it more on second listen.

05) David Myles - Solid, yet unspectacular voice that really fit the mood of the song. It's not something I'd give a second listen in my free time, but I think that it flowed well. Also put me in a slightly better mood, so that's always a plus. 

06) HAIM - I've tried getting into them before, really didn't work out. I think they have some redeeming qualities, as does this song, but I've heard a lot of hype about them and I'm not sure I quite GET IT. I won't factor that into my decision of points and will judge the song as is. Rambling. Sorry.

07) Laura Hunter - The song didn't blow me away, but it's always a plus when I'm interested in hearing other work from the artist, which I definitely am. In comparison to other stuff that's been posted thus far, it's probably the most up my alley stylistically.

08) Twin Forks - Damn it, catchy whistling has been one of my weaknesses lately, so it caught my attention immediately. Enjoy the small amount of rasp in the singers voice from time to time. Pleasant listen.

09) MIAU - Whoever submitted this (I HAVE MY SUSPICIONS) is aiming for my 12. Like many national selection qualifiers that have come before, I wholeheartedly believe this should have represented Finland this year for Eurovision. It's a hot mess of epic proportions that somehow just WORKS. ARE YOU A GOD? ARE A DRUG? YOU.MUST.GOD.

10) Anna Rossinelli - Like others that have commented before me, I was a bit unsure if the song fit her voice. Once it got to the first "hush, hush, adrenaline rush" with the music accompanying it,  I was in. Enjoyed.
3664 days 7 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
11) Within Temptation - I saw X TO THE MOTHAFUCKING Z was featured on this song, so I really wanted to love it. It's another one that I heard when Tolis was posting 'em earlier, and it grated on me then. Luckily, on second listen, I enjoyed it. You'd think since I've voiced my love for hip hop, I'd enjoy Xzibit on it, but he was actually my least favorite part of the track and I think I would have liked the song more as a whole without him. Pimp My Ride 4ever.

12) Hillsong United - I feel like I've heard this before. Yep, I've heard it before. Nice voice and a pleasant song in general.

13) Fiona Apple - Someone else trying to get my 12? (I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about me) The layering on this builds so nicely, and though it does get on the verge of being overbearing eventually, it doesn't quite get there. Her sound is haunting, and I'm always down for that. 4EVER CRIMINAL.

14) Margaret Berger - Robbed Eurovision goddess of 2013 alert. She doesn't have the most dynamic voice, but the girl knows how to sell a song amazingly. Loved it, and for a split second, I questioned my sexuality.

15) Broken Bells - The video and sound caught my attention right off the bat. Once it got going, it really wasn't what I was expecting. Regardless, I enjoyed it. Solid entry.

16) Courtneers - Torn. Kind of dig it, kind of underwhelmed. We shall see once I get through everything else where it falls for me.

17) Daithi - Like her phrasing and the overall vibe of the song. Pretty solid stuff.

18) Faydee - LOL, I had the exact same thought as Johnny in that the artist seems like a complete tool. That being said, I enjoy his voice (I think he'd fit well in a boy band as the second lead vocalist *Kelly Rowland reference*) and he did a good job at selling the song emotionally. Plus points for the rapper, it was pretty spoken-wordish and it fit well. Very nice entry. Pleasantly surprised by it, and could definitely hear something like this blowing up.

19) Lykke Li - It's odd -- I feel like she always underwhelms me a bit, but at the end of the day I lykke Lykke. She has her sound down and I appreciate that. Will lykkely get some points for me. 

20) Malibu Barbiie Delish - I have been anticipating doing my critique for this since I saw it on the running order, but now I feel like my critique will not do this amazing work of art any justice. While it does not live up to the likes of masterpieces such as "Choom" and "Vot Do You Vant" (and really, what does?) it is still lyrically and vocally one of the best submissions you will ever come across in Tengaged Song Contest. It almost makes me want to listen to every song used in here before so that I can justifiably rank it #1 all-time. My only bugaboo is that other Malibu Barbiie Delish songs can't be used for 10 more contests, and for that, I don't know if I'm going to be able to participate again until that time comes.
3663 days 17 hours ago
Alex_the_Man
01) Louise Dearman & Lauren Samuels
I wasn't to thrilled with this performance overall. I think the voice coulda been much better.

02) Ricky Martin
Wasn't right for me but powerful. Good job.

03) Hey Rosetta!
I loved this song!!! Full of beat and rhythm.

04) The Colourist
This performance was ok. Not great but ok.

05) David Myles
Great stuff. Close to my favourite.

06) HAIM
I didn't like this wat so ever.

07) Laura Hunter
I liked the voice but not the song choice. Overall it was good.

08) Twin Forks
This was AMAZING!!!! I want more.

09) MIAU
To be honest I wasn't a fan of this.

10) Anna Rossinelli
Didn't like the song. The voice however was good.

11) Within Temptation
This was beautiful and soulful. Definitely up there.

12) Hillsong United
Very good, very talented. It's missing the power I'm looking for.

13) Fiona Apple
This was good but not great. Might be a top ten.

14) Margaret Berger
This had good voice with a bad choice for music. I would fit this voice more to slower, piano type music.

15) Broken Bells
Loved this song. Definitely putting pressure on the rest of the acts.

16) Courtneers
I'm gonna admit it, I didn't like this at all.

17) Daithi
This had a little pop but not what I was looking for.

18) Faydee
Wow what a performance. Absolutely marvellous and a contender.

19) Lykke Li
Easily the best girl on this list.

20) Malibu Barbiie Delish
LOL no just no.
3663 days 13 hours ago
BigDude
1st artist (Louise Dearman & Lauren Samuels) - The first girl who sang reminds me so much of Lea Michele from Glee. She has this rich tone and high voice! The second girl who sang has a pure tone. They harmonize very good. However, I'm missing the "WOW factor" and the video was extremely long. Thus, making it slightly boring. Great Song. Score- 91%
2nd artist (Ricky Martin) - The song was fast. He has a unique voice but the vocals weren't there. Credit to you for singing in another language. Score- 86%
3rd artist (Hey Rosetta!) - It was boring. The song was in one tone(monotone) and it made it so BORING but the voice was raspy, cool and was refreshing. The only problem is the song but good vocals though! Score- 88%
4th-20th TBA
3663 days 2 hours ago
BigDude
4. The Colourist - It was a good song. Good voice. But it's just GOOD. Score- 87%
5. David Myles - It was serene and a peaceful song. The song was fantastic. A perfect song but a not so perfect voice. Score -89%
6. HAIM - I'm not crazy about it. An amateurish performance. Score- 82%
7. Laura Hunter - I like your voice. It's pretty good but again it's a BORING SONG. You have potential though. Song choice was bad but overall it's good. Score- 88% 
8. Twin Forks - MY FAVORITE SO FAR. Enough said. Score- 95%
9. MIAU - This is very difficult to judge. I liked it but then I don't but when you hit that chorus it was damn good! It's unique and I like it. Score- 90%
10. Anna Rossinelli - Wrong song choice. But your voice is by far my favorite voice I've ever heard in my entire life. You have potential. Score- 89%
11. Within Temptation - I hated it. Sorry. 2nd to the worst performance for me. 82%
12. Hillsong United - This song is very familiar. I liked it but I wasn't crazy about it. Score- 88%
13. Fiona Apple - Weirdly good. I like weird stuffs. Score- 90%
14. Margaret Berger - I love it! The lyrics doesn't make sense but the tempo, the rhythm and the voice was spot on! Score- 93%
15. Broken Bells - Very interesting. I get the story behind the song. The voice is okay. Score- 88%
16. Courtneers - I liked it in the beginning but as it progresses it's becoming horrible. Score- 86%
17. Daithi - I love it! Cool voice, I love how you pronounce the words and how you phrase it! Well done. Score- 91%
18. Faydee - The voice is common but I can see the potential that will crush the other competitors. It's almost there. Score- 89%
19. Lykke Li - You're original. You have your own thing going on and I definitely liked it! Score- 92%
20. Malibu Barbiie Delish - WHO WOULD HATE THIS? I LOVED IT! Score- 93%
3663 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
I think the comments where we can see the percentage rating give us too much insight.
3663 days ago
Patrick319
omg not one song under 80%

bigdude nice goddess < 3
3662 days 21 hours ago
Limegrass
01) Louise Dearman & Lauren Samuels - I quite liked this actually. It was a tad long, and dragged out a little bit.... but it was a pleasant enough listen. The voices were a bit non emotional too... but yeah not too bad to start the contest.

02) Ricky Martin - I enjoyed this way too much. It was so good to just dance in your deat to, and I appreciated the east beat :) Lovely little summer tune here, and I have no doubt it's probably on that FIFA album that was just announced. Very nice.

03) Hey Rosetta! - This was quite nice, and it felt really sugar coated with all the bells and soothing vocals. The problem I have with it is that it all sort of blends into one, and doesn't really define itself between the chorus and the verse. A bit annoying, but still quite nice to listen to.

04) The Colourist - Oh this was a change in pace! A simple little tune here, but the vocals began to grate towards the end, which is possibly a little later than what it should be.

05) David Myles - The "WOAH WOAH WOAH" thing in the chorus really got on my nerves from the start, but it is what it says, a nice simple little song, perhaps a little too simple for my liking, though.

06) HAIM - The only song I like of HAIM's is "Falling".... which is simply amazing and classicly indie. This is trying to get faster and it sort of works well with their vocals, but the music behind it doesn't work with it, as it moves too fast. A little disappointing to be honest.

07) Laura Hunter - Her voice was a tad annoying, it was just short of speaking really wasn't it? ANyway, the actual song sort of a had a nice little trancing effect with it, which was rather refreshing. Nice little beat going on as well, very nice!

08) Twin Forks - This was actually quite nice with the little happy clappy feel. The voice was so annoying from start to finish, but the feel of it really does deserve credit, it just made me feel quite happy to be honest. Quite lovely!

09) MIAU - This does not deserve anything from me after that abuse of the electronic grater.

10) Anna Rossinelli - Well this certainly had a lovely little folky feel going on, but was also quite mainstream as well, quite unique. Her voice is really nice too. Certainly better than her Eurovision entry, making you feel quite uplifted as well! Very good entry!

11) Within Temptation - A little bit generic perhaps, but the powerful chorus kind of drew me in really far. The strings in the background really added to this and I personally found it really enjoyable for that alone. At the point where he started rapping NO WHY ARE YOU RUINING IT.

12) Hillsong United - The chorus had a lot to be desired after haveing a lovely build up in the verse, it didn't deliver at all really...... Saying that, it certainly had a consistent flow of liking on my behalf, which is saying quite a lot regarding all of the other songs tonight.

13) Fiona Apple - Well this was certainly different, and it really intrigued me. The whispery vocals usually get really annoying in my mind, but with the really quite instrumentation, it suited the song really well actually. The orchestra of her voice really worked well too... fabulous!

14) Margaret Berger - Her voice really doesn't suit this song, I just can't get into it at all.... sorry!

15) Broken Bells - God those high voices. It's just so slow and boring that I actually thought I was going to fall asleep..... that was the instruments bits.

16) Courtneers - This started out being really promising, and the chorus certainly delivered in my opinion, but the most annoying thing was when they wouldn't finish notes within the verses, which would just grate on my patience and the song as a whole.

17) Daithi - This wasn't too bad. The electronic finishing of her voice was actually quite welcome and the makeshift piano which never suits an electric song actually felt in place and natural. Quite nice actually, which was a surprise.

18) Faydee - I

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!