This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 196 Final

Topic » TSC 196 Final

3309 days 5 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Awesome. There's like 14-15 songs that I want to give points to. DAMN YOU ALL.

01) Alyxx Dione - Stylistically, a total Beta entry without the popularity. It's a compliment, trust me.  Would more than likely give it another listen, especially if I was White Girl Wasted.
02) Ronya - This is strange as hell, but I oddly think it works. It all felt slightly off in a way that I can't explain (I shouldn't have to, just take a listen), but again, I think I'm leaning towards liking it.
03) Lovestarrs - Being torn in two different directions here. It's not my type of sound at all, and while the chorus tested my patience after a while, there's elements of it that I can appreciate.
04) Bjork - http://www.out.com/sites/out.com/files/tumblr_nm309nzQeN1qiohboo6_400.gif I think I might have actually been into this if the sound quality wasn't so unbearably bad.
05) Will Joseph Cook - There's no quicker way to kill my vibe than an anime graphic. Luckily, for me, the anime image matched up perfectly with the music. You know, in the way that I wasn't into it at all.
06) of Verona - Darker sounds are usually my thing. Took me a while to get into this, but I'm into it. More of a grower.
07) Chris Wallace - Damn, Biggie lost a lot of weight and disposed of all of the melanin and being deceased rather impressively. The music was pretty grating on me, so I decided about a minute or so in that I would just get invested in the MV plot. I have to say, I was surprised that girl wasn't his beard, since homie has ridiculous gay-face.
08) Marmozets - Indulge my ignorance for a second, but I can't be the only person that immediately compares anyone similar to this with a female lead vocalist to Paramore, right? I mean, she doesn't sound like Hayley, but STILL. This definitely exceeded my expectations.
09) Ella Eyre - Probably my least favorite of the Ella TSC entries thus far, but that's not saying much since I absolutely adored the others. Actually, this is bordering right around the adore line, too. Still waiting for her to blow up -- lawd knows she deserves it.
10) Tori Kelly - To me, this is a lot less simplistic/understated than other Tori songs, which is usually a big part of the appeal she has to me. That said, I think this more mainstream sound works for her as well. I dig it, a lot.
11) Nathan Sykes - Mmmmm. Nice and jazzy, nice and smooth. I'm very much into it.
12) Rae Morris - Tolis and I are just going to have to accept that the old Rae that we knew and fell for is dead and gone. It's quite solid, even if my heart breaks at her stylistic change over time.
13) Lunchmoney Lewis - I shouldn't be surprised to see this in TSC, but alas, I'm surprised. I heard it a few times and it's grown on me. Interesting stuff.
14) Giorgio Moroder - Kylie kills it as usual. I don't know why, but I was expecting the chorus to be much different than it actually was. Aaaaaaaaand, damn it, we've reached the point where there's already too many songs I want to give points to. Please, let the rest be flops.
15) Asking Alexandra - "Obligatory not for me blah blah blah." You'd think I'd have remembered it by now, but legit still need to c/p it, and I'm so unmotivated to do so.
16) MNEK - Was only a matter of time before this was entered. The video is awful, but I dig the song very much, as I do with all MNEK.
17) donkeyboy - I'm on the borderline of wanting to punch "donkeyboy" in the face and digging it. God damn you, there's Kiesza to make this decision easier for me. More Kiesza, less donkeyboy.
18) Zinc - Well, speaking of Kiesza... DO I NEED TO STATE THE OBVIOUS? WE HAVE A DOPPELGANGER IN OUR MIDST, etc, etc, etc. I'm a sucker for the 90's feel, housey/dance shit, so obviously this is for me.
19) Nova and the Experience - It's been a while since I've been this whelmed by something in TSC, but thank you for letting me revive my favorite term. WHELMING.
20) Alabama Shakes - Diggin' the rasp. Making decisions eve
3309 days 5 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
20) Alabama Shakes - Diggin' the rasp. Making decisions even harder for me, as this is a pretty cool entry.
21) Hardwell - Perhaps contrary to popular belief, I am not suckered into liking all dance songs with a drop. Maybe in a less solid week (for me, at least), I would be ruining my shorts listening to this, but this week, it's very middle of the pack and I'm not really getting behind it as much as I usually would.
3309 days 4 hours ago
kimmal8
01) Alyxx Dione - I find this embarrassingly catchy...Jason Derulo is someone I can't decide if I like or not because I usually end up laughing when he hits his high notes. Upbeat start at least!
02) Ronya - I hung on to see if it would pick up but it let me down. Meh.
03) Lovestarrs - Uhh....okay then...
04) Bjork - LOL gotta love Bjork...this is weird AF. Video is SCARY
05) Will Joseph Cook - Really good entry! It flows a bit odd, but he's got a good voice.
06) of Verona - Yawn
07) Chris Wallace - I'm shocked this is eligible! I thought this charted well, guess not. Have this in my library, so that should tell you how I feel about it.
08) Marmozets - It has some potential I think, but it wasn't my favorite. It doesn't mesh well.
09) Ella Eyer - She has a great voice, not a bad song, will probably place well.
10) Tori Kelly - Another one I'm surprised made it! I hear this on regular radio, it's not bad!
11) Nathan Sykes - Great voice, great beat. Couldn't always understand what he was saying, but that's alright.
12) Rae Morris - No doubt this will do well, I don't like it, but I can tell it will get votes.
13) Lunchmoney Lewis - Lol this song is SO stupid, but I can't help liking it.
14) Giorgio Moroder - Never liked Kylie Minogue, this song didn't change my opinion.
15) Asking Alexandra - Oh God the painful memories of my cousin playing this band on repeat on her MP3....sorry...BLASTING them actually.
16) MNEK - If it had lyrics throughout the whole song instead of just electronic beats I'd probably like it more.
17) donkeyboy - I didn't know it transitioned into a girl singing, still thought it was the guy xD but not a bad song!
18) Zinc - Very stale lyrics, boring song.
19) Nova and the Experience - LOL WTH I KIND OF LIKE IT
20) Alabama Shakes - Amazing rasp, this band has a lot of potential.
21) Hardwell - An okay way to end the contest, not thoroughly impressed.
3309 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Alyxx Dione – Goodness me. How odd… :p Jason Derulo saves this so badly…and I can’t stand him normally. :p I’m not sure who she is trying to copy more, Iggy Azalea, Arianna Grande or Nicki Minaj? :p It is catchy though…so I’m having a hard time deciding whether or not I like it. :p

02) Ronya -  Goodness me. Goodness me….why are people dancing to this dirge? You need to work harder at keeping my attention tbh, Ronya. :p

03) Lovestarrs – So basically this is the same track, but with a stronger drum beat? Well I suppose there is a hook here. It does not save it though. Stop making ‘cah’ noises places…offffff puttttttingggggggggggg to say the least.

04) Bjork – Bjork….oh Bjork…oh Bjork…..all her recent stuff sound so similar, this is basically a slower version of ‘Earth Intruders’. This is just noise to my ears…a painful noise at that. Guilty of crimes against music in my opinion.

05) Will Joseph Cook – Streets of Pa-ri-risss, I didn’t realise Paris was a three-syllable noun. :O This is the standout so far and I don’t know if that is an indication or how slow this week has been so far or how much of a bad mood I’m in.:O

06) of Verona – Sorry Will Joseph Cook, you’ve lost your title of ‘best so far because everything else is poor’ award. It does have a hook, just turn down the computer generated beats plz.

07) Chris Wallace – Goodness moiiiii – I’m struggling to remember when Chris Wallace wasn’t screaming in my ear. I like the ‘poosh pooosh weeeewindddd’part, which is sort of how a child says those words. :p

08) Marmozets – Mainstream…mainstream whining…whineeeening above unnecessarily loud instruments. This is not edgy, despite them playing on a rooftop. Transitions are messy and the song is messy in general. Captivating is one word I would not use to describe this.

09) Ella Eyer – Oh Ella….oh Ella…..Beta is calling you. A beautiful husky voice, which can’t save this track. The dance beats are manic…

10) Tori Kelly – What is up with everyone trying to be edgy tonight? This isn’t edgy….luckily the chorus saves it from total wipeout. Overall…I like it….I suppose

11) Nathan Sykes – Finalllyyyyyyy! I’ve been waiting for this….smooth does not go far enough to describe it. Standout of the night by far….love love loveeeeeeeee this.
3309 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
12) Rae Morris – I entered Rae Morris….she was robbed…it was well into the bottom half of the final standings. I feel the song I entered was better, but this is definitely one of the standouts of the night regardless.: )

13) Lunchmoney Lewis – lol…I’ve been driving around….forget youuuu….forget youuuuu….oh wrong song. You know you’re onto a winning lyrical song when you sing about a dog ‘crapping’ on your lawn. Jolly enough I suppose.

14) Giorgio Moroder – As much as I love Kylie…gurl…you’re not trendy…let’s get to your camp classics please. Looool pleasant, even with her screaming and screeching all over the shop.

15) Asking Alexandra – Dreaery…shouty…need I go on? Woe is meee woe is meeeeeeeee. No not for me… bye now.

16) MNEK – Is this where all the hawt people shop? :O I quite like this actually, even if the bass is a little overpowering. :O

17) donkeyboy – Yessssssssss. Brilliant. Brilliance….I loved this so much, I listened to this twice already. Fantasticccccc

18) Zinc – Pose it out…pose….pose….pose. So indifferent to this track, it isn’t even funny. :p Shock! It isn’t a mirror! Le shockkkkkkkkkk!

19) Nova and the Experience – lol, I entered this band a few months, they were chewed outtttttt. :p There was a reason why I did not submit this particular song. Sorry.

20) Alabama Shakes – The video is perfect for this song, grey, dreary and boring. The chorus is  alitytle better than the verse, but he basically just screeches his way through that instead.

21) Hardwell – lol at Jason Derulo opening and closing this contest. I loveeee that. :P Again he stands out in this contest. OK the dance beats are cheesy cheese…but this is one of the better entries tonight lol.
3308 days 3 hours ago
bibbles
01) Alyxx Dione – what a dreadful start, couldn’t wait for that to end!!
02) Ronya – a bit syrupy with the vocals, nice beat though, it was okay.
03) Lovestarrs – just found this annoying and the lyrics were silly!!
04) Bjork – blimey its Bjork. Never liked her and this hasn’t changed my mind!!
05) Will Joseph Cook – trying way too hard!! If he just relaxed and sang it, it would be better!!
06) of Verona – bit wishey washey with the vocals, it was okay, didn’t go anywhere but it was listenable!! Got better towards the end!
07) Chris Wallace – is it playing? Goes to check, oh yes now it starts!! Very standard!!
08) Marmozets – ooh this sound promising!! A female!! Its quite good, im liking this! I do like bands, with real instruments and things!!
09) Ella Eyer – not my kind of thing, but her voice is okay, the tune is okay, may get points cos im not liking much tonight!! Oh, dancy, oh well!!
10) Tori Kelly – shes straining a bit. Sounds a bit teeny boppy, dragging, not enjoying it!! Huge unnecessary vocal Olympics!!
11) Nathan Sykes – blimey its one of the wanted, mini bibs fav band before goths took hold of her!! Hes grown up a bit!!
12) Rae Morris – very coldplay! It was okay, heard worse!
13) Lunchmoney Lewis – next!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14) Giorgio Moroder – he has written some of the most memorable and brilliant film music, she has sung some brilliant and memorable hits, so what why this?
15) Asking Alexandra – this is more my thing, I really enjoyed this.
16) MNEK – a bit 80s, a bit 90s. a bit dancy!! Has bits I like and bits I don’t!!
17) donkeyboy – whats with the silly little noises!! Ever heard the expression less is more!! Stop adding in stupid little bits, just because you can!!
18) Zinc – very 80s, 90s. bit like that kesia song!!
19) Nova and the Experience – quite mellow, a nice change in this contest!
20) Alabama Shakes – this had substances, quite liked it!!
21) Hardwell – oh god, drivel!!
3308 days 2 hours ago
Samhuss
Sorry for my bad quality comments!

01) Alyxx Dione - 'Chingalinga (ft. Jason Derulo)' -  Is that Beyonce? Nvm... it is fine!
02) Ronya - 'Work Harder' - No :) Sorry! trying so hard to like this! not working!
03) Lovestarrs - 'Get Your Sexy On' - Awwww I like this!
04) Bjork - 'Innocence' - I got so excited when I saw Bjork! but this is not what I was really expecting.... however, I kinda still like it.
05) Will Joseph Cook - 'Streets of Paris' - no please!
06) of Verona - 'Oblivion' - Not really liking this
07) Chris Wallace - 'Remember When (Push Rewind)' - It is not bad :)
08) Marmozets - 'Captivate You' - NO :( sorry! When I do not like a song, I just do not like it!
09) Ella Eyer - 'Together' - SWEETNESS
10) Tori Kelly - 'Nobody Love' - Seen this, but I did not wanna send it. cuz I did not really like it that much, compared to the rest of the songs thus far, it is really nice!
11) Nathan Sykes - 'More Than You Ever Know' - Nu Uh!
12) Rae Morris - 'Love Again' - LOVE THIS! ADORE THIS!
13) Lunchmoney Lewis - 'Bills' - pft! no! too much for me!
14) Giorgio Moroder - 'Right Here, Right Now (feat. Kylie Minogue)' - YAS KYLIE! SLAY MAMA! OBIN BOBZ!  Kylie made the song. nothing else. Bye! so points are going for Kylie and only her... not the song whatsoever.
15) Asking Alexandra - 'Moving On' - I think they should keep asking alexandra rather movig on. Really! LIKE SERIOUSLY?
16) MNEK - 'The Rhythm' - YAS!
17) donkeyboy - 'Triggerfinger' - No! I am not a fan!
18) Zinc - 'Show Me' - Not bad at all.... made me dance and shake a bit!
19) Nova and the Experience - 'Jennifer Lawrence' - I AM IN LOVE! LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH THIS! Eventhooo it is a lil creepy I just LOVE IT!
20) Alabama Shakes - 'Don't Wanna Fight' - Not anything I would want to listen to atm or at any time. sorry!
21) Hardwell - 'Follow Me (feat. Jason Derulo)'  - YAY! Perfect ending!
3308 days 1 hour ago
Monrooster
1)        Alyxx Dione – Very radio-friendly and I can probably see this getting quite big. Not really my style, especially the nonsense lyrics and it ends a bit weirdly. I suppose it’s pleasant enough though musically. 
2)        Ronya – A bit vanilla. I was pretty unenthused and I kept switching on and off. Kinda wish it went off into another direction towards the end considering the length, but it never really went there. Meh.
3)        Lovestarrs – I thought that was Sheridan Smith with dyed pink hair at first glance. Musically, I’d normally quite like this but the lyrics and its overall style aren't really exciting me.
4)        Bjork – Yeah, sound quality isn’t great here. I’m not getting much from this even with headphones on. Admittedly this was out quite a while ago judging from looking on YouTube, but it’s still a bit difficult to listen to. Thinking about it though, I don’t think better sound quality would change my opinion too much…
5)        Will Joseph Cook – I listened to this for the first time like an hour ago. Weird… It’s not really anything exciting, but it’s pleasant I suppose. I hope it’s not another week where I have to give points for songs I find just vaguely pleasant
6)        Of Verona – I had these on my list a while back for a different song, so it’s good to see them being used finally! I’d still be a bit peeved if this wins though. I switched off a bit during the verses, but the chorus kept bringing me back even if there’s a bit much going on. Again, nothing exceptional but probably my favourite song thus far.
7)        Chris Wallace – Should I know who this is? I don’t really. A bit formulaic and simple, but radio-friendly and vaguely pleasant once more. Yawn.
8)        Marmozets – Very brave to enter this as they usually don’t go down well. They’ve got a pretty good sound, but it sounds a bit all over the place to me. Maybe they’ll get better with time or maybe they are at their peak. No clue. I just know I’m not really enjoying this as much as I thought I might’ve.
9)        Ella Eyre – Wow, you’ve really jumped on this seeing as it was only released a day before the contest started. This is a bit manic. I prefer her other songs, but I do like her vocal and I may grow to like this over time. Still yet to come across a song I love…
10)        Tori Kelly – I wasn't so drawn in by the verses, so much so I was wondering how cool it was they were writing the graffiti backwards and what they writing on. The chorus kinda brought me back though. That run was impressive too and while I appreciate the last chorus was a different sound, I did prefer the sound of the choruses before. I think I’m quite liking this even if the grammar is annoying me slightly.
11)        Nathan Sykes – Ooh, bluesy, jazzy and soulful. This is much more like it! Oh, who is he? I recognise him… He’s from The Wanted? Jeez. He’s going solo? I’m very surprised at his sound and his super slick vocal. Digging this.
3308 days 1 hour ago
Monrooster
12)        Rae Morris – I like this. It’s minimalist but it’s got enough ingredients to capture my attention and I never noticed her tone before, maybe she just hasn’t shown these parts of it before. I love the fragility and the inflections but it’s still got some strength in places too. It gets a tad overly repetitive but that’s a minor qualm. I can see her doing well this time.
13)        Lunchmoney Lewis – Guilty pleasure territory here… It’s repetitive as hell but it’s so endearing… and god damn catchy…
14)        Giorgio Moroder – Did I completely miss this collaboration? I was expecting this to be brand new, so I was surprised to see Feb 2015. Err I don’t know. I’m pretty perplexed. I don’t think I like it too much but I think it needs another listen.
15)        Asking Alexandria – Considering I had a massive lip-synch to Foo Fighters the other day and felt liberated afterwards, I’m much more open to this sort of this stuff now. Erm, it kinda lost me after a while actually. Fairly pleasant, but nothing more really.
16)        MNEK – That video is a bit trippy. I was expecting this to be entered weeks ago once he was eligible (looking at a certain Fritzy here). That bass is hella beefy with headphones on, so much so it got a bit much. I liked that it took a break during the bridge. A tad style over substance, but I quite like the style.
17)        donkeyboy – Oh, hello Kiesza. Why aren’t you credited as a featured artist? I don’t like his higher register. It reminds me of that weird nasaly one like Owl City do. It’s a weird singing style overall actually… I also find the song to be a bit hammily titled. What even is a triggerfinger? I quite like the beat though. Hmm.
18)        Zinc – I had high hopes from that housey beat at the start, but I grew a bit tired after a while. There’s only so much repetition I can take before I get turned off. It needed another layer or two going for it here and to change the lyrics up a bit, jeez. Very style over substance.
19)        Nova and the Experience – I think Jennifer Lawrence should get a restraining order ready for these people. Musically, it’s pretty good with the drums and the unison singing and the progression is good too, but there’s something not quite clicking here. I think I find the lyrics a bit out there and even a tad difficult to understand at times. I dunno, I can’t quite put my finger on why I’m not liking this so much. 
20)        Alabama Shakes – I’ve always loved her rasp and I’m liking the lyrics and passion, but I’m not sure if this is really working musically. That bass riff got a tad annoying after a while for one… I’m a tad torn here.
21)        Hardwell – We really need a rule for featured artists… We’ve had two Tove Los and now we’ve got two Jasons. Vocal is pretty cool as expected but it’s just one of those run of the mill dance tunes which I’ve complained about before… Meh. I don’t want to give it points but I may have to.
3307 days 19 hours ago
ianfitz0012
I'M A BIT DRUNK LET'S DO THIS
01) Alyxx Dione - Not a good song but it's fun. I've listened to this since it came out but I can't say it's TSC material.
02) Ronya - I'm really feeling this.
03) Lovestarrs - This is BORING!!!!! But I am getting MY SEXY ON
04) Bjork - why do people think this chick is cool she needs to stop
05) Will Joseph Cook - WHY IS THE COVER ANIME THO?
06) of Verona - lame
07) Chris Wallace - I've heard this and this is typical and ok
08) Marmozets - NO
09) Ella Eyer - I like this but I like her other songs better
10) Tori Kelly - This has been on my list for a while now!!! *as it wins*
11) Nathan Sykes - oh I am FEELING THIS
12) Rae Morris - uh this was cool
13) Lunchmoney Lewis - Not TSC material but I like it. I LOVE the piano actually it's turnt
14) Giorgio Moroder - Heard this a few times but it never really stuck
15) Asking Alexandra - sounds like a bibbles submission
16) MNEK - NO THE VIDEO IS TOO MUCH!!!!
17) donkeyboy - sorry but no *simon cowell voice*
18) Zinc - this is problematic
19) Nova and the Experience - funny but the video isn't everything
20) Alabama Shakes - SHAKEs IT OFF
21) Hardwell - obvious choice that isn't great
3307 days 5 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) Alyxx Dione - 'Chingalinga (ft. Jason Derulo)'

I really tried to like this and sometimes I thought it was about to get better but it didn't. Jason's parts are also rly bad...

02) Ronya - 'Work Harder'

This wasn't TOO bad. It was definately repetitive and dragged on though...

03) Lovestarrs - 'Get Your Sexy On'

Boring and cheesy, her voice annoys me at times too.. This is not a good start to the contest tbh :/

04) Bjork - 'Innocence'

This is all different levels of no. It may be the video quality but overall it's really bad. Like this might be a joke entry for all I know.

05) Will Joseph Cook - 'Streets of Paris'

Eh....................................... I guess it's alright. I'm just very neutral on this.
I'm not impressed by this week whatsoever as of now...

06) of Verona - 'Oblivion'

I expected worse, this is actually pretty good. I wouldn't put it on my Ipod but it's a nice one-listen song for sure.

07) Chris Wallace - 'Remember When (Push Rewind)'

This is my kind of musack yassssssss. This used to play all the time where I worked with Untitled by Simple Plan and I would go in the back of the store and just shake my ass to this. Love it!

08) Marmozets - 'Captivate You'

I thought I'd hate this but I really really enjoyed it. It's a distinct sound but it works, at least for me it does.

09) Ella Eyer - 'Together'

Yeah I appreciated this too. It was a nice sound with a good beat, enjoyed it!

10) Tori Kelly - 'Nobody Love'

What the fuck I know this from somewhere too. It's definately a great song but it would be so much better without the "Oh yeah oh yeah" in the background. Nice Entry!

11) Nathan Sykes - 'More Than You Ever Know'

It's fine. Nothing extravagant. A nice one-time listen too.

12) Rae Morris - 'Love Again'

*snoozefest*

13) Lunchmoney Lewis - 'Bills'

I'm not really sure what to think of this.... This is very odd but I guess it wasn't terrible.

14) Giorgio Moroder - 'Right Here, Right Now (feat. Kylie Minogue)'

KYLIE! Yeah I'm digging this tbh, I wish the singing was a bit louder cause sometimes I can't hear what she's saying since the beat is too loud.

15) Asking Alexandra - 'Moving On'

I wanted to say "NO" but it wasn't that bad for a rock song tbh :X I don't mind this actually.

16) MNEK - 'The Rhythm'

Ok this time I can actually just say NO. Didn't enjoy this whatsoever sry

17) donkeyboy - 'Triggerfinger'

I feel like I've heard something similar lately. I'm not a fan when he goes into higher notes, he should definately have kept it low for the entire time, it's like 2 different songs playing at once.

18) Zinc - 'Show Me'

Talk about repetitive, Geez

19) Nova and the Experience - 'Jennifer Lawrence'

Ok this videoclip is stupid as all hell and it reminds me of that one Family Guy episode where Peter falls in "love" with a carton thingy of some model anyways, the song is annoying and boring.

20) Alabama Shakes - 'Don't Wanna Fight'

How am I supposed to pick a Top 10 now? Ugh this was also boring and I didn't really enjoy this. It was off on a lot of levels.

21) Hardwell - 'Follow Me (feat. Jason Derulo)'

Hey I like this!!!! Grats you're getting in my points this week when usually it might not have since it is just Good. Grats tho
3307 days 5 hours ago
Talian
Sorry.. Again no time for great comments.. Poorly poor comments..

01) Alyxx Dione - Not impressed..
02) Ronya - Could be better..
03) Lovestarrs - That pink-haired looks familiar.. The song isn't the best..
04) Bjork - No..
05) Will Joseph Cook - Not really..
06) of Verona - Not at all..
07) Chris Wallace - Kinda..
08) Marmozets - Yesssss!!!!
09) Ella Eyer - Usual Ella's song..
10) Tori Kelly - She's nice.. Her songs really aren't
11) Nathan Sykes - Yes!
12) Rae Morris - No..
13) Lunchmoney Lewis - Rock it!
14) Giorgio Moroder - Kylie? Bye..
15) Asking Alexandra - yesyesyes!
16) MNEK - He's getting old..
17) donkeyboy - Nice..
18) Zinc - No..
19) Nova and the Experience - Pretty
20) Alabama Shakes - Not really..
21) Hardwell - No..
3307 days 5 hours ago
hippydude126
01) Alyxx Dione - Saying your name in the intro is one of my pet hates as well as Jason Derulo. This could almost get irony points for awfulness
02) Ronya - Good beat, nice guitar licks and a likeable chilled out vibe. However, I was expecting a more climatic chorus, it kind of just lulled.
03) Lovestarrs - Love a good cockney vocal me like! Really liked this one actually, something gritty and real whilst being cheeky and anthemic   
04) Bjork - Everyone go and watch "101 uses for a Bjork" right now. As per usual from Bjork, this is a bit out-the-box but that beat is infectious 
05) Will Joseph Cook - Quite lovely. Happy, upbeat, cherry songs always pander to my musical interests and this was no exception, enjoyed it     
06) of Verona - This was truly a mess. A clash of sound, a cacophony of noise. Trying to be as high-brow as Bjork but failing in every possible way
07) Chris Wallace - Good God this is bloody awful. From the whiny vocals to the absurd lyrics I was cringing from start to finish, absolutely shite!
08) Marmozets - Been a fan of these lot for a while. They're very distinctive, they have their own sound - which is something I can very rarely say
09) Ella Eyre - Not the worst song I've ever heard but it's a bit pedestrian. Furthermore, it sound identical to every single song she's ever done 
10) Tori Kelly - For a pop song I like it but in the grand scheme of things it is just a very generic pop song. However, I might still get a few points
11) Nathan Sykes - Wow! I was not expecting this! This is far better than anything he ever did with The Wanted. Lovely gravely vocals and soul!   
12) Rae Morris - Prefered the acoustic I heard on Radio 2 but tbh Rae Morris is a top class babe and this song is totally amazing, very good choice
13) Lunchmoney Lewis - He's on Trini Dem Girls with Nicki which is a brilliant track - and this song surpassed all my high expectations of him! <3
14) Giorgio Moroder - One it got going I actually really began to take a liking to it. A air of old-school disco layered with Kylie's dreamy vocals
15) Asking Alexandra - At the end of the day this really isn't my genre and songs like this are never going to get my points. It's the brutal truth
16) MNEK - I feel as though I'm the only person in the entire universe who isn't completely besotted by this guy. I find everything he does average
17) donkeyboy - Ooh, a wild Kiesza appears from nowhere! I had to listen to it twice to concentrate but after the second time I decided I liked it
18) Zinc - Probably a real banging tune in the club but as a stand-alone piece of music it's sub-par to most of what I've heard in the contest tonight
19) Nova and the Experience - Not really sure what to make of this one. Was expecting it to be fun and quirky but it just lulled about and fell flat
20) Alabama Shakes - Blissful head-swirling and groovy toe-tapping occurred during all 3:52 seconds of this song. Fantastic choice to whoever <3
21) Hardwell - Jason Derulo seriously needs to piss off! I think this song went through the wrong door and expected to arrive at TSCbeta, not good
3307 days 4 hours ago
tbbars
1. Alyxx Dione - Shocking song title, the song itself and the lyrics aren't that much better, nothing original about this at all
2. Ronya - This was surprisingly alright, the melody was pretty good overall and the beat is OK, didn't mind this one
3. Lovestarrs - The title left me fearing the worst but it turned out to be decent, the chorus is the strongest section for sure
4. Bjork - Holy cow, this is a dreadful mess. Even the sound quality of the vid is bad, aural disaster from a has-been
5. Will Joseph Cook - A proper song, what a relief! It wasn't great but it's lively and bouncy enough, his voice is pretty good too
6. of Verona - This is intriguing and captivating, I quite enjoyed it actually, subtle with numerous layers, nice little song
7. Chris Wallace - OK, it kept my attention, though it's another generic song with typical lyrics, saying that it could be worse
8. Marmozets - Well this is a pretty solid indie entry, the intro was too long but it was one of the cooler songs of the week
9. Ella Eyre - Gave her 6pts in TSC174, this one is decent too, the chorus could have been more original but nice overall
10. Tori Kelly - Rather bubblegum, though some parts have more of a savvy edge which help this greatly, OK but not great
11. Nathan Sykes - Hey, little Nathan from The Wanted's not a bad solo is he? Cool song throughout, good voice, quite like it
12. Rae Morris - Gave her 6pts in TSC185, another pleasant entry from this girl, solid vocal, the beat slowly grows stronger
13. LunchMoney Lewis - Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? If so then it's a bad one, a daft waste of three and a half minutes
14. Giorgio Moroder - Just as tacky as Kylie's more recent material usually is, the backing beat can be a bit grating at times, meh
15. Asking Alexandria - Normally I wouldn't go for something quite this rocky but I didn't mind this one, the vibes are pretty cool
16. MNEK - Gave him 3pts in TSC181, it took a while to really get going, his songs normally do, turned out to be alright
17. donkeyboy - The intro was messy but then it blossomed into something rather nice, I prefer her to him, good little entry
18. Zinc - For some reason this didn't have much of an impact on me, just felt like an average bit of 90s-style house
19. Nova and the Experience - Yet another entry that was much too long, putting that aside this was laidback and cool with a solid beat
20. Alabama Shakes - That first vocal noise was horrifying, the beat is strong throughout but the vocals let it slip, torn on this
21. Hardwell - Oh God this contest is bookended by Derulo! Unoriginal trance beat, at least we end with a lively number
3307 days 1 hour ago
Tepr
01) Alyxx Dione
This was okay , not as bad as i expected
02) Ronya
This was Cute, made me feel chirpy 
03) Lovestarrs 
Apart from the chorus there was not much to this , it was okay
04) Bjork
Bjork is such a genius
05) Will Joseph Cook
i dont remember it
06) of Verona
No this was very bland
07) Chris Wallace
Too much like a boyband
08) Marmozets
good rock song
09) Ella Eyer
a bit samey
10) Tori Kelly
Not really something id like but it was Fun
11) Nathan Sykes
It was okay , it was a bit too much
12) Rae Morris
Her voice is both annoying and nice
13) Lunchmoney Lewis
It was kind of annoying but it was okay
14) Giorgio Moroder
Tune, it really grows on you
15) Asking Alexandra
I dont know what this was but i think i enjoyed it
16) MNEK
This was all kinds of awesome
17) donkeyboy
this is seriously boring
18) Zinc
clever video, average club track
19) Nova and the Experience
very cute
20) Alabama Shakes
Groovey , welcome back to making good music alabama shakes
21) Hardwell
And then there was this

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!