This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2015 Semi-Final 1

3016 days 5 hours ago
FlameonX
1) Melanie Martinez - I guess I was away during most of these contests? But most of these songs have climbed their way up charts. I was looking for more of a climax.
2) Andee - It's 'aight.
3) Jakubi - Ooh, liked the groove!
4) X Ambassadors - Love this song!
5) Louane - Pewpewpew.
6) LP - LP is just amaze.
7) Bjork - Nah.
8) MisterWives - Muchos bueno for MisterWives!
9) Vanic x Machineheart - Fun Fact: Vanic just played at my school!
10) Softengine - I get hints of Brendon Urie in there. I much like.
11) Kadie Elder - Ehh, I was quite indifferent.
12) Audra Mae - Those vocals and dynamics though.
13) The Vantage - It was just OK for me.
14) Clare Maguire - Another strong vocal and beat to go along with it.
15) Relient K - They are my childhood. My heart is smiling.
16) Jess Glynne - The build in the beginning gives me life. How do you not feel good listening to this?
17) The Knocks - I liked this more than I thought I would.
18) Ella Eyre - Another great feel good song.
19) Dinah Nah - Nah.
20) BORNS - It was another that was just OK.
21) Francesco Yates - Holla!
22) Josef Salvat - He has better? Or at least for me.
23) Ivy Levan - It's like fun.
3016 days ago
Fritzyyyyy
The hell? Group kicked everyone.

Looks like we're gonna have to make a new one after this contest, since we have no way of granting Admin access and editing anything. :|
3016 days ago
TolisKalkas
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm................................ welllllllllll..................... that's SUPER Awkward making it now
3015 days 7 hours ago
bibbles
im only here to the song contest and it keeps getting mucked up!! lexxu is admin, where is he?
3015 days 6 hours ago
Monrooster
Well I dunno if I can still because of the current circumstances etc. but.....
3015 days 6 hours ago
Monrooster
I can’t be bothered to look up my previous comments but I have a feeling they’ll be pretty similar.
1)        Melanie Martinez – Very AHS-esque (I remember making this comparison before). It’s very one-dimensional and repetitive but that’s probably the whole point. Not really my cup of tea.
2)        Andee – I completely forgot about this song, sounds familiar now that I’m listening to it a second time but must not have made a lasting impression. Yeah, pretty strong vocal and instrumentally it’s pretty good too. Could potentially be a contender but as this is a best of, who knows?
3)        Jakubi – Nice and slick but doesn’t really have the substance to back it up. I suppose it was fairly enjoyable overall but not too exciting I’m afraid
4)        X Ambassadors – I don’t really care too much if it’s been overplayed. I still like it. Not my favourite song by them, but still pretty great
5)        Louane – Nah. I remember this and I may have liked it – but it’s just pretty awkward and oom-pah, so it lacks a nice flow. Not for me.
6)        LP – I’m listening to this with new headphones and the percussion is just so much better in it. This is going to be hard to beat in my rankings. Love it.
7)        Bjork – Experimental as hell. Nope.
8)        MisterWives – Ooh, this is seemingly better with new headphones too – nice bass. Simple yet effective. Another song that’s survived my recent Spotify playlist culling.
9)        Vanic X Machineheart – I thought this was that bibbles entry I really liked. This was nice too but nothing massively exciting. That weird riff sound gets a bit annoying quickly too.
10)        Softengine – Musically, I love it and it’s got a great progression. However, much like most of Softengine’s songs, I have no idea what they’re talking about half the time.
11)        Kadie Elder – I never really came back to this after the contest. Getting vibes from a lot of different artists but pretty pleasant overall, yeah.
12)        Audra Mae – Another one I completely forgot about. I don’t really know why because it’s right up my street.
3015 days 6 hours ago
Monrooster
13)        The Vantage – No, bibbles! I was hoping for another one of your entries! It’s better than I remember it actually but I think there are many more songs I’ll prefer over this unfortunately.
14)        Claire Maguire – I was wondering why I didn’t recognise this but I wasn’t here for this contest and must not have listened to it. Pretty simplistic musically and it would’ve been cool to have another dimension to it but yeah, very pleasantly surprised!
15)        Reliant K – Yeah – same contest so never really listened to this. It feels like I have if you know what I mean… I’m surprised it scored so highly actually. It’s pleasant but not really floating my boat in this sort of contest.
16)        Jess Glynne – I always feel I like Jess Glynne songs less than I should. It should tick all the right boxes but I feel like it lacks soul or feeling. I can’t really explain it… At the same time, my toe was tapping for some of this so I should just eat my own words…
17)        The Knocks – I remember being pleasantly surprised by this. On a second listen in a best of contest, it doesn’t really stack up. Fairly nice and chill but a tad too passive for this contest
18)        Ella Eyre – I much prefer some other Ella Eyre songs. This is a bit too drum and bassy in the chorus for me but yeah, usually pleasant spiel (which will make it harder for me to organise my votes later as there seem to be quite a few on the same sort of level)
19)        Dinah Nah – This will do much better than I think it deserves… This was also quite good in my new headphones… but inner music nerd is saying no. It’s not really my sort of thing anyway.
20)        BORNS – Ah, BORNS. I’ve heard this quite a lot lately but yeah, I still quite like it. Maybe not as much as the lsat time it was in TSC, but meh, it’s still solid.
21)        Francesco Yates – Another one that I’ve completely forgotten about. It’s very groovy – pleasantly surprised!
22)        Josef Salvat – Not my favourite Salvat but any Salvat is good. I’m looking forward to his album. That is all.
23)        Ivy Levan – God, this again. I surprisingly like some of her other stuff but this… nah.
3014 days 6 hours ago
codydehart
did i miss something?
3014 days 4 hours ago
bibbles
the group was hacked and everyone was kicked out. tolis has made a new group, pm him to join it.
3009 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Results:

The 10 Qualifiers for the final:

Audra Mae        Catch_a_falling_star
BØRNS        Aquamarine
Clare Maguire        TolisKalkas
Ella Eyre        Samhuss
Josef Salvat        Fritzyyyyy
LP        ricktworick1
MisterWives        smi9127
Softengine        Monrooster
Vanic X Machineheart        PrincessTeePee
X Ambassadors        geovanycaldeorn

Still in the running for a spot in second chance (I will explain second chance week after semi-final 2 in order to avoid strategic voting for how the spots will be given)

Andee        CharlieBibi
Dinah Nah        AlanDuncan
Francesco Yates        FlameonX
Ivy Levan        Ianfitz0012
Jakubi        Kimmal8
Jess Glynne        andalarew_2231
Kadie Elder        patrick319
Reliant K        77Sparks77
The Knocks        Insanity
The Vantage        bibbles

Eliminated from the Best Of Competition.

Bjork        rollingderp
Louane        ryan5676
Melanie Martinez        Music

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!