This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 2 ~ Rocky Road to the Top (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 2 ~ Rocky Road to the..

2814 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now we will be moving on to HAILEY.

Lindsay: Com'on up.

Hailey: I'm here!

Lindsay: How was the shoot for you?

Hailey: I think it went well, I'm just nervous to see the photo?

Millie: How so?

Hailey: You just never know what the judges are going to think of it, you know?

Lindsay: I know exactly how you're feeling.

Millie: Let's see it then. Here's your photo for this week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29092342905/in/album-72157671490197140/

Millie: This shot is okay to me Hailey, but really is nothing special. I was thinking about all of the photos earlier on today and yours was the only one that I couldn't remember, and that is never a good sign. I'll start with the outfit; Like I've said to many of the other girls, this was really your opportunity to go all out with an over-the-top design, and I just feel like you've given us an ad campaign for TopShop. The pose is fine, you're one of the shorter girls here, and you've managed to make yourself look taller, which is always a commendable job but it's just not Wow'ing me I'm afraid. Maybe had you been wearing something else it would have worked as the dress would have been laid out over the rocks? It's definitely not the worst this week, but it's far from the best.

Hailey: Ooh, not too great.

Lindsay: I truly ADORE the concept. From the past pictures I've seen, this is by FAR the most original and it stands out for me. You're giving me desert-girl realness and I really enjoy it. Your performance overall is good, same as last week. You're a good model and I love where your head is, but I'm waiting for that moment where you strike and give us a RISKY picture. I feel like you're just playing it safe right now, and safe isn't a word I associate with "America's Next Top Model". Take risks and play the game, and try to sway us in your favor.

Hailey: Well thankyou Lindsay. Thanks Millie for the advice.

Millie: You're welcome. Thankyou very much.
2814 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: The penultimate girl up to critique this time will be JORDAN.

Jordan: Thought you were never going to call me down!

Millie: Haha, we would never do that to you.

Lindsay: So you were at the top for me last week, going to keep that up?

Jordan: I really, truly hope so. I mean, if you're not at the top, there's just no point is there?

Lindsay: I guess so.

Millie: Well, here's your best photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29015537261/in/album-72157671490197140/

Millie: To me, this shot is just so-so Jordan. You aren't doing anything particularly wrong in this shot, but even with the bright dress and the big hair, this shot just doesn't stand out to me. I want to say that it's because of the fact that you are posing so far away from the camera, which is the same issue Kylie had last week. While you did have a large dress which you clearly wanted to include in the shot, by being so far away you have kind of lost that connection that you are supposed to make with the consumer. Also, I think you might be one of the only girls who got lost in the backdrop. By turning to the side, it means that there's less of you to fill up the frame, which means the viewer can then get distracted by your surroundings. I just think the photo would have been better face-on. It's still an okay shot though.

Lindsay: Ugh, again with the long distance shots. These frustrate me because it's HARD to judge anything. The theme was well executed, the fashion is good. I love the colours. But how in the world do you expect us to judge her face? (One of the most IMPORTANT things in the industry). I know you're a good model from your past pictures, but I feel like you've slipped a bit deeper in the crack with this one and I'm praying for you to dig out of it. As a front-runner to win this competition, you need to give us what we expect from you and this doesn't do it for me.

Jordan: Okay, thankyou.

Millie: Thankyou Jordan.
2814 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: And last up this week is NINA.

Nina: Nice to see guys again.

Millie: And it's lovely to see you again.

Lindsay: Learned from your mistakes from last week?

Nina: Absolutely. It seems that some of the other girls haven't though.

Lindsay: Shade central over here.

Nina: Just how I like it.

Millie: On to the photo shoot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28474204123/in/album-72157671490197140/

Millie: For me, this isn't the best shot of the week HOWEVER it is a significant improvement from last week for me. Last week you got in trouble with the whole celebrity thing so I was interested to see how you performed this week, and generally its good. Your face here is absolutely stunning, and honestly is one of the strongest faces I've seen this week. When I first looked at this shot, all I could focus on was how piercing your eyes were. Strong eye contact is nice to see, and it really brings this shot to another level. The pose I'm not so keen on though. Like I said to Jordan last week, lying down can be extremely difficult as it often hides the garment you are trying to sell, and I feel the dress has been kind of lost. Additionally, by bending your knees up, it's made you look a lot shorter than you really are. Height is really important for models, so you need to be aware with how your body looks on camera.

Nina: Okay, thanks for the constructive criticism.

Lindsay: Yes. This is gorgeous (and a lot better than your Lana Del Rey picture!). You look absolutely sexy and I'm happy you chose this photo! Is this the sexiest picture this week? Hell yeah it is. But is it the most fashion forward? No. But this is still an amazing picture, and I don't really have any complaints for it besides the throw-on-a-basic-beach-dress tactic you were trying to do. Anyway, what you're wearing isn't really important in a competition like this, it's about whether you wear the clothes RIGHT, or the clothes wear you. And I think you executed this week pretty well, so congratulations!

Nina: Oh yay! Thankyou guys so much!

Lindsay: You're welcome.
2814 days 10 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Okay, now it is time for Lindsay and I to deliberate. When I call you back I will announce who the winner of the second Vogue Girl poll of the season was, who got first call-out, and which girl will be finishing in twelfth place. Good luck all.
2814 days 7 hours ago
jdsurvivor
Thank you judges. I want to say I am not happy with my photo this week either. I spent all day worrying about the critiques I was going to receive. I could have done a lot better. I had other shots, unfortunately there were issues getting the release to use them in this competition. I hope I am able to prove myself to you next round and get myself back on track.

Thank you.
2814 days 3 hours ago
Katherinee_
(Me throwing shade in front everybody lmao so iconic xD love it )
CF: Oh my god! This is a huge success for me!! I am really happy that I improved myself from the last week and I can't wait to show it more in the next one! Also I hope that Barbara will return soon. Her absence was truly noticeable.
2813 days 17 hours ago
SummerRae101
Thank You guys, I'm sorry for using a celeb photo. I'm not trying to pick at the judges or be rude but I don't see why celebs can't be used. They are modelling just like any of the other photos submitted. Celebs do vogue, and high fashion photoshoots so this puzzles me. If the celebrity is distracting you it sounds like a you problem
2813 days 16 hours ago
jdsurvivor
Oh snap, I wouldn't argue with the judges if I were you...
2813 days 14 hours ago
bambinoswag
*spills tea all over the runway and struggles to clean up it before the judges return
2813 days 14 hours ago
Katherinee_
I thought the same way, but the judges are right and made up my mind. The answer is in the name "Tengaged's Next Top Model" . See the word is "model" and not "celebrity" :)
2813 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
You've all been warned about using celebrities before, we're not going to pity you for using one either.

So step it up or I'll just have to help you pack your bags and send ya home.
2813 days 14 hours ago
Katherinee_
CF: Lindsay is sooo iconic! Especially her sassy side is my jam!

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!