This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 3 ~ Time For you to Blossom (On Set)

Topic » Episode 3 ~ Time For you to..

2809 days 1 hour ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Photoshoot:

http://blog.sight-management.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Dana-Drori-in-Woman-Mag_07-592x800.jpg

For this photoshoot, I tried to take the critique that was given to me, so I gave something different. I wanted more of a edgy shot showing off various angles and proportions, while still portraying the green floral in my photo.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + CHALLENGE RESULTS + + + + + + + + + +

Millie: Hi girls, and welcome to your third challenge on this season of Tengaged's Next Top Model. For this challenge, you will be walking the red carpet, while the paparazzi takes photos of you trying to take your best shot. For the challenge, you will be judged on two criteria. The first is the photo itself, including how your face looks and how you pose. Although not a normal photo shoot, you still need to stand out and be able to take beautiful photographs. The second criteria is the dress itself; You will be styling yourself for each round of the challenge and you need to make sure it fits the theme. You want the theme to be evident, without it completely overwhelming you.

Millie: Right, so the the first round of the challenge, the theme will be the theme for 2013's Met Gala, "Punk, Chaos to Couture". Punk is all about dark colours, extreme patterns, nudity and attitude and I hope that's what I see in your photographs. Let's get started!
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right so the first girl up is XIMENA.
I like this look Ximena as you've managed to combine the punk theme with a really classy look fit for the red carpet. The studs on the upper portion of the dress add that edginess to your look without completely taking it over and making you look like a hot mess. The only problem with this look is the tenseness in your mouth. I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but it just gives you this weird facial expression.

Millie: Next up is JESSIE.
This is a strong look for you Jessie. Facially, the light is hitting all of your bone structure perfectly, making you look absolutely stunning. For the look, I think I'm a fan. I love the use of the sheer material to give that almost-nude look to the dress, which is very daring of you. I don't really like the feathers on the cuffs though, and think they would have worked better either on the bottom of the dress or not at all. Good job though.

Millie: Now it is KALLIE's turn.
I like this look as it's so different to the previous looks. It's so simple, but for me it works. It's almost as if you've been on a one night stand and had to rush out in simply your jacket and nothing else, which paired with the red lipstick gives you this badass vibe as well as making you look incredibly sexy. Also, I love your eye contact with the camera.

Millie: Number 4 is BRENDINA.
First up, I think you look absolutely beautiful here, but for me I'm just not sure if I really see the theme. To me, all I see is an absolutely beautiful girl in a beautiful dress. I don't see anything daring or 'punk' about this shot, and I think this look could just be for any other theme. Like I said though, your face looks gorgeous, and your skin is GLOWING but unfortunately, I just don't think it was really fit for this round.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next one to critique will be HAILEY.
This is a good look Hailey and I think is a pretty safe photo for this round. I like the choice of wearing a jumpsuit rather than dress as I just think it helps to give off a 'HBIC' vibe. I would have liked to have you seen go a little more extreme with this theme though. Wild make-up, messy hair or bright accessories I think could have taken this whole photo to the next level.

Millie: JORDAN, you're next.
This is definitely a different look that you were going for, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I definitely get the chaos theme, but I'm not sure if I really get punk from this. I do like the leopard print, but I just don't really get all of the stuff around your neck - are they leaves? The pose is okay, but for me the biggest downfall of this shot is that you've lost your neck. If you had raised your head it would have really saved this shot for me.

Millie: Come on up CHLOE.
This is what I was looking for! This round gave you the ability to really go daring and go all out, and I think you were one of the only few who really went for it. Like Hailey, I love the choice of a suit and ESPECIALLY the fact that you chose to leave the jacket undone exposing your bra. It's controversial and it's "I don't give a fuck". Your face looks beautiful, and you look like you know it here. I'm LIVING for it.

Millie: Next up we have NASTASIA.
Unfortunately I think you've fallen under the same umbrella is Brendan this round. I don't really see the punk theme, but rather just an extravagant dress. I think a couple of you girls kind of associated extravagant with controversial and it's just what I wanted. Also, I'm not so keen on the fact that you're not looking at the camera. I know it's hard to connect with every single camera on the red carpet but I just would have liked to have seen something more.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Moving on to NINA.
This is an okay shot Nina. Styling wise, I think it's a good look. I love how you managed to combine the sheer materials with the suiting style to create something really different to the other girls. I think the pose and the face really do let the shot down though. I wanted to see something strong and fearless, and you just look a little lost in the crowd.

Millie: Now it is time to see ANUTHIDA.
I think this shot had all the potential in the world to be a fabulous photograph but unfortunately I think the camera just caught you at the wrong moment. It looks like you're mid-walk which had just resulted in your arms looks off. However I really am loving the whole look you were going for. I think the dress is amazing, but it's just a shame you didn't get to really show it off.

Millie: And last up in round 1 is ALEXANDRIA.
I think this a really strong look Alexandria. You've got a really strong connection with the camera thanks to your piercing eye contact, and I think you've managed to show off the dress well. I would have liked to have seen something a little more badass from you as I think this look could easily pass as too sexy rather than edgy. The dress is amazing though but I would like to see more.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, after having assessed all of your photos in this first round, I have come to my decision. 4 girls will be eliminated, leaving 7 to progress. Those girls are in no particular order
Millie: ALEXANDRIA, CHLOE, JESSIE, XIMENA, NINA, KALLIE and HAILEY.

Millie: Unfortunately, this means that ANUTHIDA, JORDAN, NASTASIA and BRENDINA, you have been eliminated and are out of the running to win this weeks challenge.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + ROUND 2 + + + + + + + + + +

Millie: Right, now onto round 2. This round was inspired by 2003's Met Gala "Goddess, The Classical Mode". This time I want to see your natural beauty, accentuated by rich colours, jewellery and elegance. It's very easy to be a pretty girl, but to be a goddess, you need to take it to out of this world.

Millie: Getting back into it, come on up XIMENA.
I absolutely love this look Ximena. For this round it could be extremely easy to go basic with the look, but you managed to look sexy whilst retaining a high fashion edge to the look. You look like a Greek goddess mermaid hybrid and I think it is absolutely to die for. On top of that, I love the pose and the facial expression so much in that it could be a photo shoot in itself. I think you really nailed this round.

Millie: Next is going to be JESSIE.
I think you look pretty here, but unfortunately that's about it as I don't really see anything else of note. I appreciate the Marilyn Monroe vibes going on, but I just don't really see anything more than a girl in a white dress, and I think that is also replicated in your face. You look a little unsure about what you are doing and I think that's because it's not a strong look or shot for you unfortunately.

Millie: And now we have KALLIE.
I love these photos Kallie, but in the future I think it's best if you stick to just one photo as it could be seen as giving you an unfair advantage over the other girls. Regardless I think this is a stunning look for you. I love the shimmering, gold dress as it's gives off those connotations of wealth, power and beauty that we associate with the traditional goddess. I think you look strong, and I can't take my eyes off of you.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next we have HAILEY.
I'm afraid to say that I really don't like this shot Hailey. Nothing about this photo says goddess to me, and I actually think you look a little uncomfortable in the dress. When I first saw this photo, the only thing I could think of was a little girl trying on her mum's dresses and looking so proud of herself in the mirror. I wanted to see you embody elegance and power and I don't see those whatsoever here.

Millie: Time for CHLOE now.
So you basically chose the same photo as Jessie here which I am really disappointed by. You should always check out the other girl's photos so you don't get accused of copying. Anyways, this shot is much stronger than Jessie's, but at the same time you do suffer the same problems that she had. I don't really see the goddess theme here at all, but simply a girl in a white dress. For me, this is such a disappointment after the last round.

Millie: Come on up NINA.
For me, this shot doesn't wow me and I don't think I would particularly remember it, but it is still a beautiful shot. I love the choice of dress; the use of jewels plus the sea green colouring makes you seem like a goddess of the sea which is a completely different direction to the other girls. Your face looks amazing, but I would have liked to have seen you do a little more with your arms. Overall a good effort.

Millie: And once again, last in this round is ALEXANDRIA.
This is how you master a red carpet photo without having to look at the camera. This is absolutely stellar, and possibly the most beautiful I have seen you Alex. The dress is to die for and the elegance really accentuates your natural beauty. I'm not entirely sure if I see goddess here (possibly more angel?) but regardless it works and I can't keep my eyes off of you.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, after having assessed all of your photos in this second round, I have come to my decision as to who will advance. Only 3 girls will be eliminated, leaving 4 to move on to the final round. These girls are in no particular order
Millie: KALLIE, XIMENA, ALEXANDRIA and NINA.

Millie: Unfortunately, this means that JESSIE, CHLOE and HAILEY, you have been eliminated and are out of the running to win this weeks challenge.
2805 days 5 hours ago
MISSimogen
oops sorry hun i'll use 1 pic in future, i did it to get a full view of the dress x
2805 days 5 hours ago
MISSimogen
gl tho gals x
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now here we are at our final round which will focus on 2001's Met Gala theme, "Jacqueline Kennedy, The White House Years". Jackie Kennedy was, and still is, an iconic fashion figure who pioneered the Mod look during the 1960's. This look is really about modesty and maturity, remember you are channelling the First Lady.

Millie: First as usual, we have XIMENA.
After the last two rounds I really expected you to kill these, and I'm actually really disappointed with this shot. Jackie Kennedy's elegant and professional style was iconic and this does no justice to her whatsoever. This looks like a cheap dress that you would give to your daughter to wear to one of her first birthday parties. Being subtle was the key to this round, and I just don't see it at all.

Millie: Number 2 is KALLIE.
This photo is okay, but I would have liked to have seen something a little more 60s mod inspired as I think this dress is almost too current. The dress is sexy without showing too much skin and does accentuate your curves, which I like but I just don't see Jackie Kennedy in this. Maybe if you had combined it with some white gloves or a jacket it would have been better, but I'm just not completely sold on it.

Millie: Trying to do better, we have NINA.
This is the same level as bad as Ximena's. I feel like you three girls just saw the word 'white' in 'White House' and just decided to look for white dresses. This round was really about mastering Jackie Kennedy's style which took over the 60s fashions scene and you've completely disregarded it. Although I like your face, you are showing way too much skin for this to resemble Kennedy's look in any way shape or form.

Millie: ALEXANDRIA, you are the final girl up.
Although this photo isn't amazing, and doesn't really do Jackie Kennedy the justice she deserves, I think it is probably one of the better looks. Like Kallie, although I don't think it's something she should wear, I appreciate the modest look and the light colours used. You look gorgeous, and had the dress had sleeves it would have been much better. Your face looks beautiful as well.
2805 days 5 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: So here we are, the final. ALEXANDRIA, KALLIE, NINA and XIMENA, you were the four who made it down to the end, but really it came down to two girls. You all struggled on this final challenge, but ALEXANDRIA and KALLIE you girls were the best of a bad bunch. We've taken into account your other rounds, and the girl I have chosen as the winner of this challenge is
http://i.imgur.com/ON2jsQy.png

Millie: Congratulations! You managed to look absolutely beautiful throughout all three rounds, while putting your own twist onto each of the themes assigned to you, particularly the second. Your prize for winning this weeks challenge will be revealed later.
2805 days 4 hours ago
jdsurvivor
Wtg, Alexandria!

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!