This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 6 ~ You Better Work Bitch (On Set)

Topic » Episode 6 ~ You Better Work..

2777 days 1 hour ago
jdsurvivor
Alexandria and I went with HIP HOP for our challenge theme.

My Photo: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e8/10/71/e810712a9499019d31d240bfdb308e7b.jpg

I feel my photo breathes our selected theme! In addition, I find the model brings life to the photo with her mean-face and "come n' get me" hand gestures. I know I wouldn't mess with this hip-hopper!
2775 days 6 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + CHALLENGE RESULTS + + + + + + + + + +

Millie: Welcome lovely ladies to your next challenge here on Tengaged's Next Top Model. For your challenge this week, you will be showcasing the wonderful world of music in some way through your photographs. As I mentioned earlier, the music industry and the fashion industry often work in tangent with one another, often influencing each other in their styles; And speaking of working in tangent with one another, you will be working in PAIRS for this challenge. The pairs will be: Alexandria & Jordan, Anuthida & Jessie, Brendina & Nina and Chloe & Kallie. The pair who performs the best will win the challenge, however only one of the two of you will receive the special prize. Good Luck.

*The photo shoot takes place*

Millie: Right, so first up we have CHLOE.
This is also a really strong shot, and I love the throwback to the first week with a cigarette. Your body looks great, and the pointed toes give your legs and hips some tension that just looks amazing on camera. I think your right hand would have looked better on your hip rather than behind your back as we are now missing a hand, but it does mean that the outfit takes focal point which I really appreciate.

Millie: And now we have your partner, KALLIE.
Kallie, I love this shot! I love the use of motion in the shot to make it more dynamic, but at the same time, this still looks like a fashion shot. The dress looks absolutely amazing, but because your face has such intensity, it does slightly overshadow it – but nevertheless you do look absolutely gorgeous. Your eyes are burning into my soul and this is the kind of look I want to see in not just your photos, but everybody’s.

Millie: Moving on to our second pair, we now have ANUTHIDA.
Of the two ‘piano’ photos, yours is definitely better as the fashion aspect is much more evident. I like the pose, and coming from such a high angle it is very easy to look short, but you have really elongated both your legs and your neck to give you those crucial extra couple of inches to really pull the shot off. Your face looks good, but I think had you looked at the camera rather than off into the distance, this shot would have worked much better.

Millie: And her other half, JESSIE.
This is a pretty shot Jessie, but at the end of the day that’s all it is, pretty. To me, this doesn’t look high fashion, and almost like an editorial out of a wedding catalogue. I feel like Piano is a pretty easy theme with lots of really good photos out there which I don’t feel you took advantage of. Your face is pretty lifeless and although the body is just okay, a really strong face really could have saved this shot for you.
2775 days 6 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Girl number 5 or pair 3 will begin with BRENDINA.
As beautiful as you look in this photograph, this shot is just really underwhelming for me. Like with Jessie’s shot, this doesn’t look like a fashion shot to me, almost like a teenager messing around taking edgy photos with their friends? As the guitar is across your body, you are completely hiding the garment, which as consumer is bad as I can’t see what I’m supposed to be buying. You’re eyes are strong, but they can’t save this photo unfortunately.

Millie: And now, NINA it is your turn.
I’m sorry Nina but this photo really isn’t doing it for me, I’m afraid. Like some of the other girls, you look very pretty here but the whole fashion side to the photo is completely lost in favour of the theme. To me, the pose is amateur, the clothes look cheap and the whole photographic side of it just doesn’t look professional to me. You are covering your neck with your arm, making you look like a floating head, and you’ve also crossed your arm over your top, once again hiding the garment you are trying to sell.

Millie: And our final pair, come on up ALEXANDRIA.
I think this is one of the stronger shots this week Alex and one of the more unique interpretations of the theme. For me, the whole styling of the shot is on point, and I feel like you managed to convey ‘hip hop’ in a fashionable way rather than actually have the model be dancing. I do think the pose could have been slightly stronger be it that hip hop is SO dynamic, but your face really saves this shot for you.

Millie: And last but not least, JORDAN.
I’m not really sure how I feel about this shot. The styling really does say hip hop to me, so much so that I think it’s almost lost the fashion component to it; I couldn’t see this in a magazine, because like some of the other girls, it doesn’t really seem super professional to me. Also, your face looks beautiful but I’m not really sure if it fits the rest of the shot? Your face is so soft and natural and you’re in this really harsh, tough environment that is hip hop. You could have gone over the top fierce with your facial expression… I don’t know it just doesn’t match to me.
2775 days 6 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Right, so after viewing all of your photos most of you did okay but for me, only 1 team really excelled. Brendina and Nina, you guys were the worst team; Both of your photos were just a little lacklustre, and with such an easy theme, you could have gone a lot further with it. In third place we have Anuthida and Jessie. Neither of your shots were God awful but I didn't get that 'wow' factor from either of them. Like with the last team, you had a pretty simple theme and I think you could have given it a little more.

Our Runner-ups are Alexandria and Jordan. Alexandria your photo blew me away while Jordan's was was just okay. Had this been an individual challenge, Alexandria you probably would have won, but this was a team effort so that means you just missed out. That means that our winning team this week is CHLOE and KALLIE. Congratulations to you both, however only one of you can win the special prize, and that girl is...

http://i.imgur.com/qlCx26T.png

Major congratulations! While both of your shots were really good, for me this one just had the slight edge. Your prize will be revealed next week! xo

Good Luck at panel girls!
2775 days 6 hours ago
Katherinee_
Chloe is a robbed queen!
2775 days 5 hours ago
MISSimogen
YAS xo
2775 days 5 hours ago
bambinoswag
I didnt need that advantage anyways *holds back tears

Srsly though congrats partner <3
2775 days 4 hours ago
jayjet
I am sorry Alicia
2775 days 2 hours ago
aliciafox2
Dont worry babe next time It will be our time :3
2774 days 15 hours ago
Katherinee_
CF: Was that Anuthida being nice to Jessie? What happened to her?

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!