This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 9 ~ Booked (On Set)

Topic » Episode 9 ~ Booked (On Set)

2772 days ago
Millzipede
Previously on Tengaged's Next Top Model, the girls arrived in Shanghai to begin the most intense part of the competition as the group of girls would slowly decrease from 6 to 1. At the house, the girls celebrated making it this far in the competition, however both Alexandria and Anuthida worried about their places in the competition. For the week's challenge, the girls filmed commercials in which they had to advertise foundation. Alexandria and Jordan excelled, with the latter winning the grand prize, but it was Nina's confrontation with both Alexandria and Millie that stole the limelight. For the photo shoot, the girls were split in two, both posing in foundation campaigns, but for two different brands. At panel, Alexandria continued to shine earning her first call-out, whereas Anuthida's fears came true when she found herself at the bottom; but it was Jessie's weak performances throughout the week that sent her home. Now only 5 remain, who will be heading home next?

Keep the drama and confessionals up at the house. This is a place for you to express your thoughts and feelings of the competition, as well as interact with your fellow competitors. Seeing your feelings really makes this a much more fun game to host, so keep it up.

+ + CHALLENGE + +
I warned you girls last week, that this week's challenge would be a big one, and oh it will be. This week, you will be participating in something that every working model has to do, with that being Go-Sees! I have 4 special guests joining me this week, each representing a different Chinese fashion brand to whom you will be presenting yourselves to. To impress a client, it is important that you alter and adapt yourself to make yourself more appealable to a client so that ultimately you can book that job. To each client you will need to submit the following criteria:

+ Part 1: PORTFOLIO
- Below I have listed all of your portfolios from throughout the competition. For each go-see, you must choose 3 photos that you think will make you the most appealable to that specific brand. You can choose the same 3 for all 5 go-sees, but I highly recommend that you tailor your chosen photos for each one.

ALEXANDRIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/albums/72157676062512555
ANUTHIDA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/albums/72157672437448424
JORDAN: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/albums/72157672444242633
KALLIE: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/albums/72157674885096310
NINA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/albums/72157674597649122

+ Part 2: RUNWAY WALK
- As a model, it is always important to have a good runway walk and we will once again be testing you on that. For the second part of your go-see, you must submit a video (and a time frame) of a model walking on the runway which will count as your runway walk for that client. Like with your portfolio, you can submit different videos for different clients if you wanted to tailor your appearance and model skills to that particular client (which is recommended). For example, some may require a more sexy walk, while others may want a more high fashion one.

+ Part 3: PERSONALITY
- In addition to your modelling abilities, it is also important to engage with your clients. For this section, you must write a paragraph (the length of which is up to you) about why you think the client should book you for the job. You can talk about the brand, you talk about your desire to be a model or your experiences in the competition, whatever - just make it convincing and stand out!

+ PART 4: AD CAMPAIGN
- For the final part of the go-see, you must submit a NEW photo which would work as an ad campaign for that particular brand. This is where it is important to do your research on each the clients yourselves, so that you pick the best photo that you can.

Once all of your go-sees have been submitted, the clients will all feedback to me on h
2772 days ago
Millzipede
Once all of your go-sees have been submitted, the clients will all feedback to me on how you girls did, and ultimately decide if they would book you to work for them. The girl who books the most go-sees wins.

The clients and the brands they will represent are as follows:

BRAND: ANNA SUI
CLIENT: zachboy967
GENERAL THEME: Edgy/punk rocker but with a floral twist.

BRAND: GUJIN
CLIENT: Millipede
GENERAL THEME: Young, flirty and sexy.

BRAND: GUO PEI
CLIENT: Maxi1234
GENERAL THEME: Chinoiserie.

BRAND: OCHIRLY
CLIENT: Oswald19
GENERAL THEME: Retro fashion, with a Chinese twist.

BRAND: SHANGHAI TANG
CLIENT: Ashleybabyx3
GENERAL: Affordable high fashion.

NOTE: Although I am a separate client to everybody else, I must be included in the mails of ALL of the go-sees including those to other people).

+ + PHOTO SHOOT + +
... And here is where there is a slight twist this week, as there will be no distinct photo shoot separate from the challenge. Instead, the ad campaigns taken on one of your go-sees will act as your photo shoot for this week. The brand for the photo shoot has already been decided, however you will not know which one it is. This means for every brand's ad campaign, you need to be absolutely killing it, as it could mean the difference between sending you home, or taking you to the final 4.

As her prize for winning last week's challenge, Jordan will be informed of which go-see will also act as the photo shoot. I warned you all it would be a significant advantage this week, and in my eyes, it definitely is.

REQUIREMENTS:
+ Each ad campaign must best represent the assigned brand.
+ Photos from ANTM seasons will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
+ Photos from previous TNTM seasons will be penalised, however as this game has been going on for so long, I will let you know if a photo has been used previously, and allow you time to change your photograph.
+ No runway photos will be tolerated under any circumstances unless specified.

If you are having trouble finding high fashion photos either:
1. Search for editorials from fashion magazines such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, I-D, L'Officiel etc.
2. Search for fashion models such as Lara Stone, Gemma Ward, Cara Delevigne, Liu Wen, Daria Werbowy, Joan Smalls etc.
3. Search for designers such as Versace, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Vera Wang, Miu Miu etc.

+ + VOGUE GIRL + +
Vogue Girl is always a controversial part of the competition, and is often the difference between staying in the competition and going home. Each week, a poll will be put up with all of the girls on it, for the public to vote on. The winner of the poll will have a significantly less chance of going home that week and in the entire process.

I do the Vogue Girl polls as it allows me to not only see who is popular with the public (which is important as a role model), but if choosing to spam, shows your heart and dedication for this competition, something which I greatly appreciate. Once again, the result of this poll DOES and WILL have an effect on eliminations, so I urge you all to take it seriously.

Last week we saw the best results of the cycle, and I can only hope that continues this week.

POLL: http://www.tengaged.com/group/1895/poll/c10-vogue-girl-9-135296http://www.tengaged.com/group/1895/poll/c10-vogue-girl-9-135296

+ + DEADLINE + +
The deadline for this weeks challenge and photoshoot will be Midnight EST, Sunday 6th November. Any photos not posted by this point, or posted after the deadline will be heavily penalised.

If you have any questions or queries, feel free to message me.

Good Luck girls xx
2762 days 6 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + CHALLENGE RESULTS + + + + + + + + + +

Millie: Hello girls, and welcome to your second challenge here in Shanghai, and as you have seen, it is the most important challenge of the whole cycle - it's time for your go-sees. Today I have arranged for you to visit 5 different clients who each represent major fashion brands over here in China, as well as internationally. On a go-see, you are expected to present your body of work in the form of a portfolio, take a few photos for that said client, show them your runway walk and to also show your personality, as that is ultimately what will get you booked for a job. Even if you don't have the strongest look, if a client likes you, they may just book you anyway.

The five brands that you will be seeing are Anna Sui, Gujin, Guo Pei, Ochirly and Shanghai Tang. After you have seen each client, they will feedback to me on how well your go-see went, and ultimately decide whether they would book you to work for their brand. The girl who books the most jobs, wins. I will post the results, girl-by-girl. Unfortunately, the client representing Anna Sui has been an absolute grade-A TWAT and wouldn't send me his feedback so we'll pretend he doesn't exist. xx
2762 days 4 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: So up first to critique is KALLIE! Here are the comments left from the clients that you met.

GUJIN / Millzipede:
I thought you had a strong portfolio Kallie, but I'm not sure if you necessarily chose the photos that were best suited to my brand. As you pointed out, Gujin is all about being young, flirty and fun - almost like a Chinese Victoria's Secret. However, I thought some of your photos were a little too high fashion. I think maybe your photos from Weeks 1, 3, 7 or 8 may have been better suited.

I loved your runway walk though. You looked super confident in wearing very little clothing, which is what we want our customer to feel. I loved how you were encouraging the audience to join in, as you made me want to get up there with you. I think you could have turned down the sexiness down a little, as Gujin is slightly more conservative that Victoria's Secret, but it's still not anything to be ashamed of.

I do have to agree with some of the comments that the other clients made about your personality. To me the whole thing felt fake as if you were just writing anything you could to give me the bare requirements. To me, the whole thing just came off as fake and as if you didn't really care about the things you were saying.  Passion is what I was looking for here, and you just weren't giving it to me.

Your ad campaign I liked as a photo, but I'm not so sure that I would use it as a real campaign. You look beautiful and so do the clothes, but I just think the general look is very much high fashion, whereas we are a more commercial brand. It's a good display of your capabilities as a model though.

GUO PEI / Maxi1234:
Along with Nina, I think you two had the strongest portfolios. You both chose your strongest shots to correspond with the brand. I think her's is a tad stronger, but you're both the top three for me alongside Alexandria.

Your runway walk is amazing, I loved every single bit of it. You had funk and spice in it and I really loved the final result of it. Truly impressed!

Okay, your personality is a bit dry compared to the other girls. I think you could've added a bit more, it legit would have taken you 5 extra minutes to brag about yourself and sell yourself as a model. And I'm disappointed to say that your personality might be the thing causing you not to win in this game, it's just so dry compared to Nina's smart and intellectual personality, Jordan's bubbly personality and Alexandria's calm and collected vibes.

You are strong in what you do, but I suggest you spice it what when it comes to speaking to people. Your social skills are a bit stiff.

OCHIRLY / Oswald19:
This girl did a great job picking out her potential ad campaign. I thought it captured the funky vibe perfectly and she is working her styling perfectly. I also was really impressed with her runway walk, I liked her attitude and her semi-smirk at the end of the runway. That is the personality I am looking for. Her portfolio was kind of drab overall and I found the photos to be very plain and not the memorable. However, her sassy walk, her impressive pitch, and her ad campaign, were the perfect tools to get her the job.

Shanghai Tang / Ashleybabyx3:
I was not a fan of her catwalk, but it was the that ad campaign won me over. It perfectly suits what my brand is about... the individual photos weren't as impressive but they were classy, which is ultimately what I want for my brand.
2762 days 4 hours ago
MISSimogen
LMAO BYE I JUST GOT DRAGGED U RUDE CUNTS, I LITERALLY SPENT SO MUCH FUCKING TIME ON MY GO SEES AND MY PORTFOLIO IS AMAZING AND IF NINAS IS BETTER HAND HER THE WIN NOW I GIVE UP U SLAGS
2762 days 3 hours ago
Maxi1234
Kallie, this is literally your ONLY slip up in the entire game, if you wanna whine and cry about it... do it. You're the only person who's not gonna benefit from you complaining. So if I were you, I'd shut up.

Just a few tips.
2762 days 1 hour ago
MISSimogen
LMAO drink piss u witch
2762 days 1 hour ago
Millzipede
Millie: Next up we have JORDAN! Let's see how you faired.

GUJIN / Millzipede:
Starting off with your introduction to me, it was actually everything I was looking for. You were charming, you advertised your abilities without sounding too cocky, while also talking about where you came from. I like how you spoke about your versatility as a model which is probably the best characteristic a model can have, and is something you should always stress to potential clients. Although I appreciate the honesty, I'm not sure whether it is the best idea to highlight your lack of experience in lingerie modelling though, as you don't want to give people a reason to not book you.

As for your portfolio, I felt that you chose the right photos. Your portfolio was quite varied, but I think that's because your portfolio isn't necessarily tailored towards my style of clothing. I felt that maybe you could have used your week 2 photo due to its sexiness perhaps?

Your runway walk is strong and sexy which is what I was looking for in a potential model. You have an amazing curvy body which is what I want, especially for a lingerie brand. My only criticism was that I didn't like the facial expressions you pulled at the end of the runway. In my eyes, they just weren't flattering and could definitely come off as unprofessional if done at the wrong time.

For me, the mock ad campaign was the weakest part of the go-see for me. All of the modelling skills that I'd seen in the runway walk seemed to disappear. The photo lacked any kind of energy in both the body and the face which is really needed when you are posing in any kind of photograph. It just seemed quite amateur to me.

GUO PEI / Maxi1234:
I think your portfolio is OK. You chose one of your weakest pictures (the one in the middle, to be exact) but the other two are simply flawless.

Your walk is fantastic. The face is killer and the walk is very flawless and elegant, and I loveeee it. You also WEAR the clothes and you don't let them wear you which is something I love.

Your paragraph started off strong by showing off your bubbly personality vibes but I think you rushed it a bit by talking about your experiences. Like Alexandria, I would of loved to get to know YOU more. I won't book people based on what their experiences are, I wanna know if people are passionate enough to work for me by talking about themselves. But then again, I feel like you would use your status as a model to good use by being a good role model, which is very important with girls with fragile self esteems. Your ad campaign is decent, I feel like you could've brought in something with a more floral-ish and China inspired pattern since that's mainly what my brand is about.

You're a pretty solid model and you've never crucially disappointed at all.

OCHIRLY / Oswald19:
I was impressed by Jordan’s introduction to me. She talked about herself before she started giving me materials which I found to be refreshing. Jordan’s portfolio was not my favorite, I think it demonstrated a little too much versatility. I thought the three photos all looked super different from each other and I was confused about her identity as a model. However, I did love her based on her runway walk and her ad campaign. I thought her runway was awesome, full of life and energy and her campaign was exactly on brand for what we were looking for.

Shanghai Tang / Ashleybabyx3:
I 'm undecided when it comes to her as I feel her portfolio did not feel strong or risky enough for my brand. The ad campaign was also not my favorite, i wish it wasnt as aggressive otherwise it could've been a really lovely photo for her.
2762 days 1 hour ago
aliciafox2
OMG i fucked it so much
2762 days 1 hour ago
aliciafox2
Im out, to be honest I just read the second part of the challenge so i didnt send catwalk or my portfolio photo...

Well i fucked it so bad and im so sorry about it...
2761 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now it is ALEXANDRIA'S turn to see how she did.

GUJIN / Millzipede:
Going through your portfolio, I really feel like you selected the best three photos for my brand. Your photos showed your sexiness as well as your youth which is great as those are the qualities that are associated with our target demographic. You photograph beautifully and that is really encouraging with potential models as we don't have to worry about not getting the shot that we are hoping for.

You have an incredibly strong walk and I couldn't take my eyes off of you as you were strutting. I like how you didn't rely on choosing a video where you were wearing lingerie, instead showing the sexiness purely through the way you move. For me, your right arm was a little distracting as it was kind of flailing everywhere, but that is definitely something that can be toned down.

Out of all of the girls, you were one of the only ones who I truly felt engaged with the brand, and took the time to do their research in getting to know what we here at Gujin are about. You were charming, personable but most of all professional. To be a successful model you HAVE to know your client and that is exactly what you went and did, so I was personally very impressed.

Your photo was definitely polarising, and like I said earlier you definitely don't photograph badly. For me though this photo was a little too raunchy. While as a lingerie brand we encourage sexiness, there is a line at which being too sexy can become a little sleazy, and your photo was definitely pushing that line. You were on the right tracks though and it can be toned down.

GUO PEI / Maxi1234:
Your portfolio is ultimately very strong. Although I think you're really sailing through the competition due to you not having a solid breakthrough moment yet. But overall, it's pretty great and I love your aesthetic.

I think your walk is a BIT stiff but your face is AMAZING. I love your pick for the dress, it's very sleek and simple and I think you killed that runway.

Your personality is by far one of the most captivating ones. You're so involved and implicated in what you're wearing and it's great to see that you actually study it unlike some models who just throw it on, stomp down the catwalk and call it a day. You actually research into your fashion and I really love that.

Your ad campaign is also really great. I think aside from your portfolio, you did great this week.

I like how how involved and passionate you are about what you do. It's that fiery look I'm always looking for.

OCHIRLY / Oswald19:
I LOVED this girls’ portfolio! I thought she did a fantastic job picking our photos that showed her versatility and what she can offer the brand. Her runway walk had energy behind it and I loved the sassiness in her steps. Her ad campaign, I felt like was a little bit of a letdown in terms of the facial expression but I think we could work with her to make this simple change. I like this girl a lot and I am excited to work with her!

SHANGHAI TANG / Ashleybabyx3:
Yes I liked her. She had some very strong photos in her portfolio and the ad campaign that she took with me perfectly suits my line. I do think though that the catwalk could use some improvement.
2761 days 23 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Number 4 up will be ANUTHIDA. How did you do?

GUJIN / Millzipede:
Unfortunately Anuthida, you really shot yourself not just in the foot this week, but the face as you simply just didn't comply with any of the rules of the challenge. You needed to submit a catwalk video, a personality paragraph and 3 photos from your portfolio, and for my go-see you didn't submit any of those. Additionally, you were told to include me in ALL of the go-sees and you failed to do that as well.

As a model it is EXTREMELY important to be able to take directions and follow them through proficiently, and to me this shows an inability to do so. You were reminded of the rules several times, and I made it very clear that if you didn't understand what was being asked of you to let me know, but you didn't take advantage of that.

The saddest part about this whole thing is that the ad campaign you sent to me was BY FAR the best of all the girls. It was young, it was sexy but still modest at the same time. You absolutely nailed the aesthetic of the brand, but just your whole performance was such a shambles.

GUO PEI / Maxi1234:
Where's your catwalk? Where's your paragraph about your personality? Where's your portfolio? This is messy and unorganized so I'm just gonna keep it at that and tell you that I'm not booking you. You're missing several requirements that all the other girls pulled off so I'm not gonna bother evaluating you because you missed your tasks.

OCHIRLY / Oswald19:
I honestly, liked this girl however, she did not turn in a runway walk or her portfolio. So based on her ad campaign alone, I cannot book her. I liked the funky fresh vibe of her photo but overall, I just feel like I don’t have enough information to give an honest decision for her. This is the case of me wondering if she really wants this or is she just participating because she is still in this competition. I don’t know. I am rooting for her though.

SHANGHAI TANG / Ashleybabyx3:
For me, I found her extremely unprofessional as she did not submit a portfolio nor a catwalk video. She only sent in an ad campaign, which was not bad... but due to lack of effort overall, I can't see myself working with her in the future.
2761 days 23 hours ago
aliciafox2
I apologise and I accept my elimination since its fair but i truly like this group I just misunderstood and missread the challenge. Sorry to all the judges and for making them losing their time.

Thank you all for this oportunity and I hope that I can comeback on the next cycle... :(
2761 days 23 hours ago
Katherinee_
LMFAO AT KALLIE'S REACTION
2761 days 23 hours ago
Maxi1234
NINA DONT LAUGH OR ELSE UR GOING HOME

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!