This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 2 ~ Rocky Road to the Top (Judging Panel)

Topic » Episode 2 ~ Rocky Road to the..

2803 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
*The final 12 enter the abandoned warehouse which serves as the judging room for the season*

Millie: Hello to my beautiful aspiring models, and welcome to your second judging panel of Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 10. This week you were modelling for the wonderful Stephane Rolland, one of the best haute couture designers in the industry, while posing in front of rocky backdrops. Before we get to your critiques, here are your prizes.

(Note: The $250,000 cash prizes covers your 3 gifts)

Millie: Now it is time to introduce to you your judges for this week. Tonight we have television personality, model and all-around queen, Lindsay Lavara.

Lindsay: Hello ladies.

Millie: Unfortunately, Barbara won't be joining us this evening, so it will be just the two of us critiquing your shots. This means less room for error, so hopefully your shots will be good.

Let's get this show on the road!
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Alright, so the first girl up this week is XIMENA!

Ximena: Hopefully starting us off strong!

Millie: That's the attitude I like to see.

Lindsay: Got to see the photo first though.

Ximena: Absolutely.

Millie: Then here you go, here's your best shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29059644936/in/album-72157671490197140/

Lindsay: People really need to stop with the distance shots. This was sadly an over-popular idea for some of you girls this week. But this picture is really good! The pure white-ish theme really works when you're wearing something dark, so we KNOW the attention is supposed to be on you, and not the background. This is a lot more natural than last week's photo shoot, but try to go a bit risky for once. Because I think you're playing it a bit safe at  the moment.

Millie: This is a good photo Ximena. First of all, I want to congratulate you on your challenge win, very impressive. Secondly I want to comment on the fact that you were one of the few girls to do their research on the designer. That is such an important skill to have as a model, and once again really shows your drive to win this. As for the photo, I love the elegance in this shot, and how you are showcasing the back of the dress, which as a selling point is great for the designer. I like the face, but I would have liked to have seen a more relaxed facial expression as you look a little angry somewhat, and I think it would have worked better if you had gone for a more ethereal look. Also, I'm not so sure what the dog is doing the photo. It's not distracting and doesn't take the focus away from you, but it's just a little out of place for me.

Ximena: Thankyou judges.
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Up next we have the wonderful CHLOE.

Chloe: Yay.

Millie: You ready to turn down the sex appeal?

Chloe: I feel like I tried...

Millie: Well let's see how it turned out. Here's your best shot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29015520451/in/album-72157671490197140/

Lindsay: You were my pick to win last week, but this picture doesn't sell it for me. Your face looks SO distracted and it really bothers me. The scenery is great, and I feel like you very much did follow the theme. The fashion is also really amazing. I like the concept, but I genuinely  think the face is bothersome, and also, I think using a picture with text in it is unprofessional. It really distracts the viewer of what they're supposed to look at, and I don't know, I feel like you could've done better, considering you were shining a lot brighter last week.

Millie: ... I'm a fan.

Chloe: Really?

Millie: Overall, I think I like this shot. At last week's photo shoot and this week's challenge I warned you about looking too sexy, and I think this is the first photo of you that I've seen where you don't look like a pin-up girl, and actually like a fashion model. I don't necessarily see haute-couture here, but I do see a high fashion look which I appreciate very much. To me, your face is a little dead and I think had you had a little more power behind the eyes, it really would have elevated the photograph as a whole. The pose is regal and natural, and it doesn't look like you are forcing a pose whatsoever, and that's what’s important. You want to make the consumer feel like this is what they can be if they buy this outfit, and not make it so clear that you are the model and they are the buyer. I'm pleased with your effort, good job.

Lindsay: Thanks Chloe.

Chloe: Thanks you guys.
2803 days 16 hours ago
jayjet
is it alright i go next
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Girl number 3 will be KALLIE.

*Kallie struts down*

Lindsay: Last week you completely rocked the shoot. How did this week feel?

Kallie: I feel really confident. Everything went well on set and I feel like my photo will be good.

Millie: Want to see it?

Kallie: Sure.

Millie: Well here it is....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29059653866/in/album-72157671490197140/

Lindsay: THIS. IS. GORGEOUS. The face, the fashion, the scenery. This is the winning picture for me. I love every single little thing about it and I absolutely think you played it well this week. Comparing this to last week's performance, I'd say you took a risk and it really worked in your favour. I really can't pick out a single thing to trash on because this is absolute perfection and I applaud you for sending in this picture. Keep taking risks, because I genuinely think it's your strong suit in a competition like this. Keep it up!

Kallie: Told you guys.

Millie: Haha, Kallie, I absolutely ADORE this photograph. Unlike some of the other girls, you really took a hold of the high fashion side of this photo shoot, something which I greatly appreciate. Although this is a wide-angle shot, with some beautiful scenery, my eye immediately goes to you, yet you aren't taking the shot away from the dress. You did your research into Rolland's designs, and I could absolutely see this as being an ad campaign for one of his collections. You look tall, you look elegant but most importantly, you look like a model and that is such a great feat to have this early in on the competition. I do like the pose, but I'm just wondering if you turned a little more towards the camera we would have gotten a better view of the front of the dress? But that's just me nit-picking. Fantastic work Kallie.

Kallie: Thankyou.
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Can ALEXANDRIA please step forward.

Alexandria: Absolutely.

Millie: How has this week been for you?

Alexandria: It's been good. Pretty bummed about not winning the challenge but hey.

Lindsay: You win some, you lose some.

Alexandria: Exactly.

Millie: Hopefully you'll strike lucky at the shoot then, here's your best photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29015521831/in/album-72157671490197140/

Millie: Once again, another really solid shot from you Alex. I love what you were going for with this 'walking towards the camera' vibe. It makes you seem powerful and in complete control of what is going on around you (which somewhat fits with this ice queen theme you've got going on). The dress is very different, and looks like it could be difficult to work, but I think you really pulled it off and managed to give it a feminine touch despite its androgynous design. For me, your arms look a little rigid and I think had you relaxed them, and possibly swung them a little, it would have translated much better on camera. As for your face, like last time, it's really strong, and I love the slight inhale that you're doing to give your face the good kind of tension. Keep it up.

Alexandria: Oh thank goodness!

Lindsay: Were you worried?

Alexandria: Not really *laughs* but you never know.

Lindsay: This is a really gorgeous photo. Everything blends in so perfectly well together, and I really am beginning to see you as a threat in this competition. I'm usually not a fan of pictures that are taken from a certain distance, but you took a risk and I genuinely think it payed off. A warning though, I feel like all your pictures have similar features (blonde girl, same facial expression...). I'd just like you to do something different, because in the past photo shoots and challenge you've had the same silhouette, and I'm just looking to see if you can handle versatility.

Millie: Thankyou Alex.
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: The next girl I would like to see is going to be BRENDINA.

Brendina: Yay!

Millie: Right, so last week you conflicted the judges with your photo. What about this week?

Brendina: Hopefully you all like my shot. I felt really confident on set.

Lindsay: That's good to hear.

Millie: Let's get right to it. Here's your photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28474201753/in/album-72157671490197140/

Lindsay: Well this... I don't really like it. After viewing Alexandria's picture, this is a bit underwhelming. As much as I hate to say it, I feel like the beach really does take away the essence of the rocks (which WAS the theme this week). I feel like you missed the mark with the theme this week, and I have to take a few points away from you because of it. Again, you're absolutely stunning in this picture but I feel like the theme wasn't executed well. Decent photo though.

Brendina: Ouch.

Millie: Honestly, I'm not a fan of this shot girl. Like with a couple of other girls, I feel like you went down a much more commercial route as opposed to a high fashion one, which really wasn't what we were looking for this week. You look nice, but to me you don't look like a model, but more like one of those pretty girls on Instagram with a bunch of followers? The hand on the head is pretty cliché, and the whole photo just has a somewhat amateur vibe to it. You aren't doing anything new here, and unfortunately I think you're just relying on your beautiful features to take you through. This challenge really allowed you to go over the top with your outfit, and I just don't think you took advantage of that. It's a pretty photo, but to me it's not something I would see in any fashion magazine.

Brendina: *starts to tear up*

Millie: I'm so sorry.

Brendina: Thanks anyway.
2803 days 16 hours ago
brenelle1120
*cries*
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Up next we have ANUTHIDA. Come on down.

Anuthida: Hello, hello, hello!

Lindsay: I'm nervous.

Anuthida: Nervous for me?

Lindsay: Well not nervous. I'm just interested to see how you do this week.

Anuthida: I did well.

Lindsay: Oh really?

Millie: Let's find out, shall we? Here you go.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28805980200/in/album-72157671490197140/

Lindsay: Such a step up from last week, and I'm proud that you took a risk this week and tried to amp up your fashion. You actually remind me a bit of myself in the last season, I started off as a weakling as well and people always overlooked me, but as the time went I got better, and I really do expect good things from you as well. One thing though, I don't really get a rock theme from this (comparing to Alexandria), but this reminds me a bit more of a castle I guess? It's similar, but I feel like you could've done a bit more. This is overall an amazing shot though.

Millie: This is how you work the closed-eye look. Last week, I told Hailey and Nina how difficult it is to keep that connection with the camera whilst having your eyes closed, but this is how you do it. Without the cigarette props and various other distractions, I am able to solely focus on you and the look of passion that you seemingly feel when wearing this garment. Like Alexandria, I love the ice queen vibe to the shoot, and it really just fits in with Rolland's whole aesthetic. The outfit looks absolutely amazing, and I really feel like you are doing it justice, and just like a proper model does, you are showing it off without letting it completely overpower you in the shot. You found the light perfectly, and it just makes your skin look absolutely to DIE for. After last week's controversial shot I wasn't sure what you would produce this week, but this is beyond my expectations.

Anuthida: Oh wow, thankyou so much.

Millie: Thanks Anuthida.
2803 days 16 hours ago
brenelle1120
Millie, I don't feel so well *tears up* I think I am going to..

*faints*
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Let's see KYLIE next please.

Kylie: Got a lot to make up for.

Lindsay: Indeed.

Millie: So you were in the bottom two last week, and have a lot to make up. How do you feel?

Kylie: Very nervous. There's a lot of pressure.

Lindsay: You've got to be able to handle it in this business though.

Kylie: Oh, I agree. 100%.

Millie: Well, we shall see if the pressure got to you then.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29092339705/in/album-72157671490197140/

Millie: I'm going to have to talk about the obvious first, and that is the fact you used a celebrity in your photo. Last week the judges and I completely chastised Nina for using a celebrity rather than a model and sent a warning to all of you girls by penalising her in the call-out order. In my mind it is only fair that I do the same. As a photo, it's just okay for me. I love how you were styled, and I appreciate how you went for a more European woodland sort of theme when incorporating the rocks, but I think the pose is just a little 'meh'. It's very basic with the hand-on-the-hip and I think you really missed out on going full force here. I do like your face though, and the intensity that you have with the camera is such an improvement on last week’s photo. I can definitely see some improvement from you Kylie.

Kylie: Okay, thanks.

Lindsay: Millie, Barbara and I all have said something about using celebrities in your pictures. And again, someone had to use one. Just because the critique wasn't DIRECTED to you, doesn't mean you shouldn't apply it. This doesn't even give me rock vibes as well, so either way you failed in BOTH categories. You used text as well, which really bothers me. Anyway, I think this picture is absolutely awful and I have nothing good to say about it (coming from the NICE judge of the trio).

Millie: Thanks Kylie.
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
*Sees Brendina faint*

*Carries on with judging*
2803 days 16 hours ago
brenelle1120
*regains consciousness*

Ugh I am sorry judges. Being TNTM is my dream and I just am in shock to have such a poor photo. I love this competition and hope to continue! Thank you.

*stands with the rest of the girls*
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: It is now NASTASIA's turn to be critiqued.

Nastasia: Hi guys.

Millie: Want to get straight to it?

Nastasia: I think so.

Lindsay: Yeah, me too.

Millie: Here you go then. I'll put you out of your misery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/28987377172/in/album-72157671490197140/

Lindsay: Shall I start?

Millie: Go for it.

Lindsay: Oh wow, another girl that stepped up her game this week! You and Anuthida are really working that underdog status! This is a gorgeous, GORGEOUS, photo. But I feel like the theme is a bit... off. I don't really get rock vibes as much as I get beach vibes and I feel like the beach did take the essence away from the photo. Anyway, as much as I wanna love this photo, I feel like the theme wasn't on the mark this week. This is an overall great photo though, glad to see you're working harder!

Millie: What?

Lindsay: What do you mean, what?

Millie: I completely disagree with what you just said.

Nastasia: Oh no...

Millie: For me, this is by far the weakest photo of the week Nastasia. Like Jessie, I think you are one of the only girls who didn't fully comprehend/research the theme and really just wanted to take a pretty photo on the rocks. First of all, I really didn't want to see swimwear shots this week, as that is not what Rolland is known for, and that is what you delivered. Secondly, the pose is extremely amateur and the whole thing looks weird to me; Why are you holding that massive stick? What does that add to the photograph? To me, this just looks like a pretty girl, who wants to model and asked one of her friends to take some photos of her at the beach. The only possible saving grace about this shot is your face. I like the intensity in your eyes and it just shows that you DO have potential, but this is just a really disappointing photograph.

Lindsay: Mixed reviews. Good luck.
2803 days 16 hours ago
jayjet
Can I be next
2803 days 16 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: Now it is JESSIE's turn. Please step forward.

Jessie: Hiya.

Lindsay: A little birdy told me about your lack of challenge effort this week.

*Jessie nods her head*

Lindsay: We won't dwell on that though for now.

Millie: I think it's best if we get to the photo.

Jessie: Yeah.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146052806@N07/29015514431/in/album-72157671490197140/

Lindsay: This is average. Her eyes looks wonky as hell and I'm not pleased by it at all. I really am not a fan of long distance shots, like yours and Brendina. I feel like your pictures get easily out-shined by something else and it really makes it hard to know WHAT I should judge. The fashion is basic, the hair is basic. Nothing really stands out compared to the other girls, it's a really basic picture overall. And not to mention, this looks like a 50 year old man's desktop background.

*Millie bursts out laughing*

Millie: Honestly, if I had to describe this photo in one word it would be basic. You look pretty, your body looks good but in the grand scheme of things this photo is pretty boring. You have the model look Jessie, but here all I'm seeing is a pretty girl having her picture taken. One part of this week's photo shoot was to incorporate rocks into the shot, but the other half was to bear in mind that you were modelling for Stephane Rolland and I feel like you completely disregarded the second portion of the shoot. Rolland is known for his haute-couture dresses, and you're are wearing a bikini? That's completely off brand. I just feel like you wanted to get into the photo shoot and get out quickly, without taking the time to really do your research into finding an amazing shot. Sorry girl.

Jessie: Okay.

Millie: Also one more thing Jessie?

Jessie: What?

Millie: It's to do with your attitude once again. I know you are really passionate for this competition, and you really want to win, which is understandable. However, to the judges, you are coming off as a little annoying. The judges have a 2 day deadline to submit their critiques by, just like you guys do for the photo shoot and we don't need to be reminded of when they are going to be posted. Remember, we are your superiors in this case, we have our careers. Just don't ruin it for yourself.

Lindsay: Thankyou Jessie.

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!