This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 10 ~ Fight for that Win (On Set)

Topic » Episode 10 ~ Fight for that..

2713 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Previously on Tengaged's Next Top Model, the girls competed in their biggest challenge of the cycle - the go-see challenge, in which they had to sell themselves to five potential clients. An epic miscommunication saw Anuthida fail to meet the requirements and book no castings, however it was a full sweep for both Alexandria and Kallie as they booked all four. For the week's photo shoot, the ad campaigns they shot with Guo Pei during the go-sees would be used as their official photos. At panel, despite her epic fail at the challenge, Anuthida's photo impressed, while both Jordan and Nina failed to channel Pei's look. At the results, Alexandria stormed ahead winning her second first call-out in a row, and in a tense bottom three, Anuthida was spared. In an emotional elimination, Jordan was saved and Nina was sent home, much to the disappointment of both the models and judges alike. Now only 4 remain, who will be eliminated tonight?

Keep the drama and confessionals up at the house. This is a place for you to express your thoughts and feelings of the competition, as well as interact with your fellow competitors. Seeing your feelings really makes this a much more fun game to host, so keep it up.

+ + CHALLENGE + +
Now after last week's MONSTER of a challenge, I thought this round I would tone it down just a tad. This whole week kind of revolves around two themes, and those are 'redemption' and your fight to be here, and both of those elements will be a part of this week's challenge.

PART 1:
For the challenge, there will be two parts, a photo element and a written element. For the photo challenge, I will personally assign you a photo shoot from this season that you didn't perform so well in, for which you must submit another photo for. This is your chance to show myself, as well as the judges, that you are able to learn from your mistakes, giving you the chance to redeem yourself. The themes are as follows:

ALEXANDRIA
SHOOT: Week 3, Liberty Inspired Florals (Green Floral Dress)

ANUTHIDA:
SHOOT: Week 8, Estée Lauder Ad Campaign (Beauty shot selling foundation)

JORDAN:
SHOOT: Week 9, Guo Pei Chinoiserie (Chinoiserie designs)

KALLIE:
SHOOT: Week 4, Fashion Demons (Black and White beauty shots with blacked out eyes)

PART 2:
For the second part of your challenge, I want to test your written skills, something that came through as a critique in some of your go-sees. In an infamous Top Model challenge, I want you to write two paragraphs, detailing who (aside from yourself) is your strongest competition, and who is your least competition. Obviously the longer the better as you will be more able to fully express your thoughts; But Quantity also isn't necessarily quality.

With both of these parts combined, the girl who impresses me the most overall will win this challenge.

+ + PHOTO SHOOT + +
For your photo shoot, I also want to see the 'fight' within you come out. One of my favourite photo shoots of all time on ANTM, was the final 4 photo shoot of Cycle 9 in Shanghai, where the girls posed as warriors next to the Great Wall of China. Not only did I love the whole concept and the designs themselves, but I also loved Tyra's idea along with it that the wall represented the boundaries and challenges that they faced throughout the competition, and that as warriors, they had to fight to get to the other side of that wall. This leads on to one of my favourite Top Model moments of all time, where Jenah breaks down in front of the judges at the final 3 after finally letting her guard down, with Tyra pointing out that she finally found the true girl she was hoping to find over the wall.

Back to the shoot though, I want you to pose as Ancient warriors similarly to that in ANTM shoot. I want to see you emulate the strength and power that traditional Chinese warriors had. I don't want to see dresses really, but preferably some sort of tribal or warrior gea
2713 days 3 hours ago
Millzipede
Back to the shoot though, I want you to pose as Ancient warriors similarly to that in ANTM shoot. I want to see you emulate the strength and power that traditional Chinese warriors had. I don't want to see dresses really, but preferably some sort of tribal or warrior gear.

In addition to your photos, I would also like you to write another paragraph explaining what has been or still is on the other side of the wall for you. What has been your biggest struggle or barrier throughout the competition and whether you have accomplished it, or are yet to do so. It would just be interesting to see how much you have developed throughout this competition and what you have achieved.

+ + VOGUE GIRL + +
Vogue Girl is always a controversial part of the competition, and is often the difference between staying in the competition and going home. Each week, a poll will be put up with all of the girls on it, for the public to vote on. The winner of the poll will have a significantly less chance of going home that week and in the entire process.

I do the Vogue Girl polls as it allows me to not only see who is popular with the public (which is important as a role model), but if choosing to spam, shows your heart and dedication for this competition, something which I greatly appreciate. Once again, the result of this poll DOES and WILL have an effect on eliminations, so I urge you all to take it seriously.

POLL: http://www.tengaged.com/group/1895/poll/c10-vogue-girl-10-135519

+ + DEADLINE + +
The deadline for this weeks challenge and photoshoot will be Midnight EST, Sunday 21st November. Any photos not posted by this point, or posted after the deadline will be heavily penalised.

If you have any questions or queries, feel free to message me.

Good Luck girls xx
2713 days 2 hours ago
aliciafox2
Im gonna read this like 5 times at least xD
2713 days 2 hours ago
jdsurvivor
When is the deadline??
2712 days 11 hours ago
MISSimogen
2712 days 9 hours ago
aliciafox2
I wanna know if I must send you the second part of the photoshoot or post it here :3
2712 days 4 hours ago
aliciafox2
Photo challenge: https://67.media.tumblr.com/835054f639678e686e85616e399dd2a9/tumblr_nx7yzsZKgh1qicobao1_500.jpg

Writting (Im not english so Im gonna try my best to make no mistakes):

My strongest competitor is without any doubt Alexandria for the simple fact that she is the one with the best Call Out Order at the moment, you could think that other people might have better photos overall but numbers are numbers and she is the one to beat. I steped down my game but now I wanna fight and she is my ultimate objetive. She has been doing great since the beginning but now we are at just one step to the final and this is the moment to make her lose. This is not Charmed and the power of 3 cant take down the devil, the only one that can take her down is herself and Im gonna do so flawless that I will  be at her mind and I will break her into pieces, she will be thinking ways of beating my photo but the fact is that, she can't. Im gonna win Alexandria my biggest competitor by being perfect now on.

Some people might be "I don't wanna say the worst competitor" and maybe they think I am since I fucked up 2 times in a row but lets be real, I've been using exotic models since the beggining so it's waaaaaay easy to find a basic white girl for an specific photoshoot (so if im being a thread with just the 20% of your total material you must watch out). Now In my honest opinion the weakest link is Jordan, I like her as a model and I love her like a sister but her portfolio is like a rollercoaster, ups and downs all the time. Sometimes I thought "Jordan? Oh I didnt remember her photo at all" she didnt take any horrible photo but sometimes she wasn't memorable and in this industry it's way more important to be memorable than looking good to the camera.

Photoshoot paragraph:

Well my biggest issue during this competition is my personal situation which afected to my deliver sometimes. It's hard to focus when you struggle with a lot of big issues not just the skin deep one but the serious ones. I bounded with jordan and now that I know we are kinda at the same spot I can relate with someone here.
2712 days 3 hours ago
Maxi1234
Honestly this was a great final 5 and legit all of you are worthy of winning, KINDA IMPRESSED!

ALSO fun fact I kinda sucked on my season the only reason I kept on staying was because I won like ALL the Vogue Girl polls LMAO
2712 days 3 hours ago
Maxi1234
Also, regarding Anuthida. I'm sorry that I came off as rude with you. I was just SO disappointed you flopped those past two weeks considering you were a solid front runner to win, so I was just like "WTF is she doing?"

But yeah, hope you're proving yourself this week.
2711 days ago
jdsurvivor
PHOTOSHOOT:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a2/62/a9/a262a9ae2365f9f01021a247ffa7c254.jpg

I chose this photo because I felt it represented my definition of an ancient Chinese warrior best. For me a Chinese warrior’s true strength comes from within. A Chinese warrior represents one thing more than strength or power and that is honor. Through her honor, the warrior I represent in my photo is able to find strength from the inside. And with her strength comes the power to fight. She is ready to take anything or anyone that comes at her, but watch out because with her bow and arrow you might not see her coming from a distance.

On the other side of the wall are so many opportunities as a top model, but more than that it represents overcoming things I didn’t think I could do. It represents everything I’ve fought for in this competition, all the time researching and learning and completely just growing as a person! I respect this game so much because of how much you can really learn not just about the modeling world, but from yourself on the journey. The competition this year has been so much tougher than when I completed the fourth cycle, but that has pushed me every round. It’s been difficult having to live up to a certain standard, or being told I haven’t found myself because my portfolio is versatile. I love the avant garde look but I also love the soft, flowery “hippie” girl look, but not every round asked for that so I had to try new things and take risks doing so. Showing people who I am, and really letting them get to know me is the wall I am breaking down today. Like the warrior I am representing in my photo, my competition might not see me coming from behind with my bow and arrow. The winner is breaking out in me today - I am a FIGHTER, a WARRIOR, and that is ONE THING that has been clear about who I am this entire competition!!
2711 days ago
jdsurvivor
CHALLENGE:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6c/78/1b/6c781bf81ae8aaf96d545d57620d3e94.jpg

I decided to go with something that truly represents my style as a model. As I mentioned, I just love avant garde and the quirkiness, uniqueness, and freshness of it all. I made sure to incorporate Chinese patterns, styles, and colors this time which is where I failed last time.

My strongest competitor in this competition is Kallie. She and I have been neck in neck for a lot of the vogue girl polls and she is someone who will commonly have one of the first
few call outs. One thing Kallie lacks that I have is experience, though. Not only experience with being a previous winner – but this year the experience of being on the bottom. I have been in the bottom twice, but she doesn’t know how I’ve had to fight to get back where I am at. The fight has made me stronger and more knowledgeable. So although I consider Kallie my strongest competitor, she will not stand in my way of becoming the top model of Cycle 10.

I was surprised to be here with Anuthida. I believe she started off really strong in the competition but got lost at some point. I once considered her a threat, but she faded into the background as the competition went on and I saw others growing. The nail in the coffin was in the last round when she didn’t follow the directions, but survived her elimination after finally showing a fight – a fight that I have been showing all along. She, like everyone else, has been a sister to me though and I was glad to have helped inspire her to complete the challenge correctly even if it was after the deadline. I feel this is a perfect example of why I should be top model of Cycle 10 as it shows true character helping a competitor. I respect Anuthida so much, but I have to say competing against Alexandria and Kallie gives me more of a fight. And I want a fight!
2710 days 23 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Challenge : http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/flowers-fashion-zhang-jingna-phuong-my4.jpg

Strongest Competitor:

Out of everyone here, Kallie I feel is the one of the strongest competitors here. I feel like she is a strong and consistent model, giving quality photos each week.

During Assignment 5, which I feel was one of the hardest photoshoots this season, where we had to portray McCartney's eco-friendly campaigns. In order to successfully incorporate her designs into the photoshoot, you needed to have fully understood the designs that McCartney created while also providing a natural and eco-friendly aspect into your photoshoot. That takes alot of talent and effort to do that, and Kallie won best photo that week and it was truly deserved.

Also, along with myself winning the Go-see challenge, one of the biggest challenges in the competition, Kallie also proved to be not only a threat in photoshoot aspect, but also proved that her infectious personality and charisma is also a factor in the modeling business.

~
As far as the weakest, I would have to give this to Anuthida. I have to say that I felt bad that Anuthida read the go-see challenge wrong, and did not fully submit everything. I feel like that really hindered her in the competition. That was a moment to stand-out and prove to the judges that after this competition, you will have the skills and the talent to go out into the real world and make a career out of this. I am not saying that won't happen, however first impression are important, and that was a huge way to impress clients and the judges.

Also, I feel out of everyone here Anuthida has been the least consistent out of the models. By recently placing the bottom twice in a row, I feel like your journey has been a rollercoaster ride as far as doing well in the photoshoot. However, in the beginning of the competition we did see you shine and you are definitely a talented model and presented the judges with the BEST photo on Assignment 2 and personality one of my faves, however I feel like you just couldn't bounce back from that win and show the judges more of your amazing ability to interpret a photoshoot exquisitely. I also think that there's a maturity that comes with being Tengaged's Next Top Model, and I do not know if you will be able to represent the brand as a whole effectively.
2710 days 15 hours ago
MISSimogen
Challenge:

Coming into this competition with so much fierce girls has taught me so much as i've learned from these women and they have truly made me a better model. Although, the model who I think has taught me the most and is my strongest competitor would be Alexandria. She has been so consistent throughout these photoshoots and not only winning best call out 3 times but winning two in a row something in which I have yet to achieve. I believe I have what it takes to give Alexandria a run for her money as we are both strong women in this competition and truly deserve our places in this competiton. Her photoshoots inspire me and even sometimes make me question wether I should change or adapt my own to meet up with her amazing standards. She's the one who I've had my eye on for a while now and think that it could be a photo finish to the end.

All of these girls are so strong in their own right but my weakest competitor would have to be Jordan. In my opinion she's not weak at all in terms of the meaning of the word but just in the instance that maybe she hasn't performed to the best of her ability than the other girls. Jordan was one model I once overlooked but now is coming into her own and is still a huge threat. Although, I feel like with her experience she could be throwing it out of the park with these shoots but sometimes can miss the mark which is unfortunate. However, her infectious personality makes up for that as I wish her the best but feel as though her time may be cut short as her modeling skills may not be on par with the rest of the girls in my opinion but I hope she can prove me wrong and snatch our wigs.

Photoshoot:

Throughout this competition i've always been towards the top of the call outs and never truly had a bad week or near the bottom. I think this gave me confidence coming into the next week. Although a problem in which I think I came to within this competition started just last week. I'm so used to getting complimented that I find it hard to take critism. I know as a model, you'll be critised all of the time and open yourself up to be judged as it's a hard world. Last week opened my eyes to the possibililty of this and It really shocked me that maybe I'm not as good as I thought and gave me some self doubt for the first time in this competition.  Although, thinking about this, It did me the world of good as I have overcame this hurdle of fear about being judged or not feeling good enough as even with my knock backs I still managed second call out which I feel like highlights my ability as a model. I'm so glad that I feel as though i've overcame this as it's not a nice trait to have to be on the defensive about me as a model, I have self confidence within my self and last elimination helped me to grasp taking crisism and i truly feel like I can move on to better myself and not let the comments get to me and grow from them instead which I can only thank the judges for.

You've helped me as a model and aided me to be a better person in the long run which I am forever grateful for and for helping me combat a problem of taking critiques and learning from them x
2710 days 10 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Photoshoot:

http://www.25thcenturyyy.com/wp-content/uploads/anais-mali-by-urivaldo-lopes-for-french-revue-de-modes-25-7.png

I wanted to go with something different with this photoshoot, and go for a risk. I took the aspects of the traditional Chinese warrior and emulated it into something that is warrior esque and that gives a very strong, powerful vibe, rather than the Chinese culture vibe.
~

Coming into this competition, I felt as thought I started off very strong getting the first top callout. I thought I was leading in this competition, so I felt comfortable. As the competition furthered, I felt myself dropping lower and lower down the call-out. I felt that I wasn't portraying my ultimate potential, and wasn't giving the judges all that they were looking for. Week after week, I was definitely getting criticism from the judges. Mid-way through the competition I felt as though I was losing my spark.

However, I feel like I have definitely climbed this barrier over the last few weeks. Winning top photo two weeks in a row, and winning the biggest challenge in the competition put me back on track. I had to figure out as model what would make me stand out and shined to I practiced and practiced and did ultimate research on what the prompt that was given to me in order to successfully get back on track.
2709 days 5 hours ago
Maxi1234
Little pointer for Kallie, don't blame me next time you can't take criticism. I'm only trying to help you because I was cut short on my season so I know how it feels to never be in the bottom and lose because of a simple mistake lol.

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!