This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TI12: The Top 8: Behind-the-scenes

Topic » TI12: The Top 8:..

3452 days 18 hours ago
Carlisle
https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/crazy-in-love

For this week I looked at a lot of songs that mean a lot but the one I decided to go was to go back to the song I almost sang a few weeks back and re-record it to show what I'm made of and go for something out of my comfort zone of an indie male singer.

As a reason for why this inspires me, it's a bit tricky because honestly - I haven't been through a great deal of hardship in my life; middle class white British family in the countryside, living the rural life of having friends and not ever being bullied. However, that doesn't mean I'm not a strong individual and I've obviously made mistakes and been through some shit (particularly with guys and my father but that is going deep and i'm a closed doors kinda guy sorry).

I'm pretty average i'm afraid but Beyonce is my favouritest artist ever and I just connect with this song because honestly as I'm sure most of us have I have literally been head over heels for somebody in an insatiable kind of way. Alas, this song inspires me because it allows me to reflect on this time and although the story has a sad ending of rejection and hurt feelings and awkwardness I (think) I enjoyed myself at the time and I can go back to that time and thought process yays.
3452 days 16 hours ago
dudetb3
this is the best week by far
3452 days 16 hours ago
kkoster001
By FAR! Everyone was on point!!!
3452 days 16 hours ago
EternalBlossom
Alright. Here we go.

This song was made for me. I have loved and been inspired by Demi Lovato since I was 7 years old, and when this song was released(2013), I cried. The song I'm talking about is Warrior.

Why this song is so important to me? Here we go.

All. My. Life. Bullied. It started when I was put into kindergarden. I was different. Being the only black(Jamaican) person in school was hard. The children were cruel, even at that young of an age. I didn't know I was being attacked for a while, I thought that they were just making jokes but they weren't. I had to be pulled out of school for 3 years because of the racism. I was put into a private christian school for 3 years, my parents thinking it would be different. Was it? No. They just took a different approach. My hair was different, my nose was too big, all these comments made on a daily basis. I couldn't handle it anymore. The kids were attacking me for no reason about things that had nothing to do with me, and I had enough. So much happened between 4th and 6th grade, I didn't notice that my parents were splitting. Soon enough, (and for the better) I was being shipped off to a new state.

Where I live now? Things are different. Everything just got worse. I was called horrible names I don't even want to repeat. Here I'm not the 'black girl', I'm 'white washed'. I hate it. This put me into a fit of rage and I didn't want to be nice anymore. I'd been trying to please everyone all my life, but I was through with the crap. I guess you could say I turned into a devil spawn. 8th grade year, I proceeded to make everyones life hell. I regret it so much cause I lost the little friends I had.

Now? Things are a lot better. I'm in high school, doing what I love, (Musical Theatre)and the racist comments aren't made too much anymore. I just have to push through all of the random jabs I get from strangers on the street. I'll be fine, I'll be fine, I'll be fine. I'm a warrior, and they can never hurt me again.

I apologize I didn't go into full detail, I really don't want to cry right now or over share. I hope you guys enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/ayiannamadison/warrior-3
3452 days 16 hours ago
dudetb3
wow gohans posting late...
3452 days 16 hours ago
kkoster001
He didn't mean to, he had to take a shower before midnight but it will be in shortly.
3452 days 16 hours ago
dudetb3
its still a 1 vote penalty on the overall score though, he better bring it
3452 days 16 hours ago
01Gohan
It's at 50% done. Sorry.
3452 days 16 hours ago
01Gohan
This song actually hits me pretty hard. The lyrics bring me close to home in a sense.
I'm currently hitting my one year anniversary with me girlfriend.
Some of my friends didn't think we wouldn't last, and it actually got her to think that as well. (Mainly because neither of us were seen as a "dominant" in the relationship).
I told her not to give up on me, and she gave me the chance. And we're still together as of now :)
3452 days 16 hours ago
TolisKalkas
-late marker- *forgot to do this before I sent the your choice*
3452 days 16 hours ago
dudetb3
gohans is still technically late though right?
3452 days 15 hours ago
kkoster001
.......Really dude?........akward
3452 days 15 hours ago
dudetb3
@kkoster001 dont get me wrong i liked gohan's performance, but everyone else put effort into getting it in on time. he shouldnt have waited until the last minute to upload it. still doesnt effect his vocal ratings though
3452 days 15 hours ago
01Gohan
I would have. However, this entire week I've had to do homework and basically be off my computer.
I was also at my Dad's celebrating my birthday because, y'know, he doesn't get to see me.
And then I tried to do a recording only to be stopped by his girlfriend to tell me to shut up.
I would've gotten in the shower 10 minutes earlier but my mom decided that that time was the best time to start cleaning the sink.
So yeah. And two minutes late shouldn't be that big of a deal anyways.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!